Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Fan Fiction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Aarikku will become famous soon enough
Default Yu-Gi-Oh! SP Chapter Index

==Yu-Gi-Oh! SP==

This is the tale of a man and woman who have yet to realize their destiny. It was a time before Jaden. A time before Yugi. A time that doesn't fit in to Yu-Gi-Oh! canon very well, so it's best not to think about it so hard. In the late 1800s, the brilliant minds of Jules Tesla and Nikola Verne invented the Duelling Unique Electric Light-Directing Integrated Sporting Contraption (abbreviation D.U.E.L.D.I.S.C., which would later be colloquialized to simply Duel Disc). No one but the two great minds had any idea how it worked, but with its influence, a trading card game formerly only played by children became popular amongst the Victorian aristocrats.

==Yu-Gi-Oh! SPZ==

This is the tale of a man who wishes he had a destiny. A few years after the events of Yu-Gi-Oh! SP, a duo of genius scientists learned about the possible future of humanity if it were to continue down the path leading to nuclear power. The two of them reluctantly destroyed all of their research, convinced all of their associates to do the same and attempted to find a new form of energy that could sustain society and replace the dirty, inefficient power of steam. Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassman made key observations while watching players of a popular card game and discovered "Resolve". A few lucky experiments later, Otto and Fritz invented the first Resolve Engine – a generator that created huge amounts of electrical energy from human willpower, focused by a competitive card game.

PM LIST (Tell me if you want to be added):
  • SerenadeDS
  • Jysus, Soul Sage
  • SebastiaanZ
  • Arvin
  • TheSparringPanther
  • Mirai_13

Last edited by Aarikku : 10-31-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Aarikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
SerenadeDS
Latent Potential

SerenadeDS will become famous soon enoughSerenadeDS will become famous soon enough

If you start a PM list, put me on it.
SerenadeDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenadeDS View Post
If you start a PM list, put me on it.
I hadn't even thought about a PM list. Sure, consider yourself the first and only member.

I'ma also make this a general information thread / Q&A thread. So if there's anything non-spoilery you'd like to know about the series, I'll answer it as best I can by making up the answer on the spot.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
SerenadeDS
Latent Potential

SerenadeDS will become famous soon enoughSerenadeDS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarikku View Post
I hadn't even thought about a PM list. Sure, consider yourself the first and only member.

I'ma also make this a general information thread / Q&A thread. So if there's anything non-spoilery you'd like to know about the series, I'll answer it as best I can by making up the answer on the spot.
Whee!

So was there a reason why Julian had only 4000 Life Points even though 2 on 1 matches usually have both sides with 8000 anyway? Not that it mattered much, though.
SerenadeDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenadeDS View Post
So was there a reason why Julian had only 4000 Life Points even though 2 on 1 matches usually have both sides with 8000 anyway? Not that it mattered much, though.
Now that is a good question. I'd actually found the opposite; most times when there's an uneven number of characters, it's technically a free-for-all duel, such as the Battle Royale in 5Ds. From a writers' point of view, I guess it was more to show off how badass Julian is. I dunno. Probably a bad idea, but it really didn't impact much.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #6
Jysus, Soul Sage
Pojo Veteran

Jysus, Soul Sage is on a distinguished road

I haven't even read the first chapter yet but I fricken love the intro.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

For the sake of brevity and since they're both in the same Universe, I'm gonna use this thread for SPZ as well. Bumping.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Jysus, Soul Sage
Pojo Veteran

Jysus, Soul Sage is on a distinguished road

SPZ? Is this going to be your new story?

Additional Comment:

I just read the info and I love the "resolve" engine. It sounds brilliant and I can't wait to read it.

Last edited by Jysus, Soul Sage : 01-12-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jysus, Soul Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jysus, Soul Sage View Post
SPZ? Is this going to be your new story?

Additional Comment:

I just read the info and I love the "resolve" engine. It sounds brilliant and I can't wait to read it.
Yes it is. Thanks!

A little spiel about SPZ: it probably won't be as good as SP. I'm a big believer in planning fiction well in advance. I knew basically everything that was going to happen in SP even as I wrote the first chapter. SPZ, on the other hand, I'm planning as a much longer, arc-based story. So I haven't planned the entire story out.

To someone who wants to read my stuff for the heck of it, start with SP. If you read SP and wanted moar of my writing style and/or moar stuff going on in the same Universe, where moar does not necessarily mean better, then SPZ is for you.

Also, one other consequence of SPZ being arc-based is that I... might get bored before I finish it and/or there might be random breaks between chapters. I'll probably take a decent break between each arc, but yes, it's possible that I'll just take ages between some chapter and the next for no reason.

OR it's entirely possible that SPZ will be better than SP and I'll have no problem keeping a consistent schedule. I've never done something like this before. :P
Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

October 2nd, 2011 was the day I posted the first chapter of SP. To commemorate this historic event, I was going to write an awesome special chapter.

...And I didn't.

Instead, I drew a splash page. I've gotten a lot better at drawing since I started SPZ's eyecatches, so the little sketches of Ray and Lilith at the end of SP weren't up to par.

And yes, Lilith's holding Eklepia.

I wrote 10 chapters of SP and 39 chapters of SPZ this year. Thanks to everyone who's read either or both. Couldn't have done it without knowing people actually wanted to read it.

EDIT: And by the way, SPZ's still on hiatus.

Last edited by Aarikku : 10-02-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
Arvin
Banned User

Arvin is on a distinguished road

Put me on the PM list then I'll know when you'll be back
Arvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
TheSparringPanther
Call me Panther

TheSparringPanther is on a distinguished road

Add me as well, some of your chapters go unnoticed by me

But thats just my poor observation x)
Old 06-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #13
Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh is on a distinguished road

Found out about this fanfic only yesterday (shame on me) and i got hooked. So much to the point i had this huge urge to draw a quick fanart out of this fanfic (which i had PM'd Aarikku first..)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/colorslive/...t6NcwKLi-B.jpg

Basically Ray Ashford and Solanima Raging Dragon. It was a quick, fun draw so i kinda omitted specific design or shading details.. I also tweaked stuff a bit, but tried my best to retain the original art style (such as Ray's eyes which aren't usually my style of eye-drawing). I hope you guys love it

Thanks Aarikku!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku-Ri-Boh View Post
Found out about this fanfic only yesterday (shame on me) and i got hooked. So much to the point i had this huge urge to draw a quick fanart out of this fanfic (which i had PM'd Aarikku first..)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/colorslive/...t6NcwKLi-B.jpg

Basically Ray Ashford and Solanima Raging Dragon. It was a quick, fun draw so i kinda omitted specific design or shading details.. I also tweaked stuff a bit, but tried my best to retain the original art style (such as Ray's eyes which aren't usually my style of eye-drawing). I hope you guys love it

Thanks Aarikku!
I approve this post.