Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Scrap
pom

Scrap is on a distinguished road
Default The Official Verz Guide and Discussion Thread - Let the virus spread!

Quote:
Quote:
Table of contents:
Quote:
Part 1: Brief intro.
Part 2: Members and Support.
Part 3: Non-themed Support.
Part 4: Deck lists.
Part 5: The End.

Quote:
Part 1: Brief Intro

Quote:
Hello and welcome to the Vers discussion.Verz is an archetype of DARK-Attribute monsters which was introduced in Duel Terminal - Sacred Star Knights!!. Their most significant feature is that their ATK/DEF end with 50. Despite being released prior to this one, the "Steelswarm" archetype (which is known as "Inverz" in the OCG) is a sub-archetype of this one. Thus, all "Steelswarm" monsters are supported by "Verz" support cards.

The Verz consist of previous DT archtypes members corupted by the Verz virus that is the only thing left from the dead Inverz. For example Verz Bahamut is a versed Brionac, Nightmare is a verzed Boggart, Zahhak is 3 verzed Aklys and Heliolope is GemKnight Emeral. Appearantly the Verz are so contaminated by the virus they cant communicate properly whith each other and all they seek is destruction. Some of the Verz are Normal Monsters(*cough* Gem-knight *cough*) and their flavor text is a little strange. The words in the flavor text arent linked together in any way, showing that the Verz cant communicate right.
Quote:
Keep in mind that cards that support Verz also support Inverz(Steelswarm). So we can use some of the better Inverz(Steelswarm)when we need Bahamut food and stuff. Have a nice read and I hope you like the guide. Ill take any suggestions expecially for what cards to put in the "Non-themed Support" section.
Quote:
Part 2: Members and Support
We'll start of with the monsters:

Quote:
Verz Heliolope
Normal / DARK / Rock / Level 4 / 1950 / 650
A pure and noble Inverz evil thoughts

Seek for destruction and ruin.
This guy is the 2nd Normal monster to break the 1900 atk rule. Hes actually pretty useful. Ill give you all a hint - Rescue Rabbit. And hes a 1950 beater. I would run 3 with a teched Rabbit or run a build with other Normals with 2-3 Rabbits.

Quote:
Verz Zahhak
Effect / DARK / Dragon / Level 4 / 1850 / 650
When this monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 face-up Level 5 or higher Special Summoned monster; destroy it.
3 Verzed Aklys that gives this deck its own watered down Steelswarm Roach. Pretty good beater, decent effect. You should run this guy IMO, but its preference.

Quote:
Verz Kaitos
Dark Aqua / Effect
LV4 1750/1050
You can Release this face-up card to target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; destroy it.
Good card, but we dont need it right now with 3 MST and Heavy floating around. Hes a Verzed Gishki Shadow.

Quote:
Verz Olanta
Dark Pyro / Effect
LV4 1650/1250
You can Release this face-up card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy it.
This card is good. Hes preference, I'd run 1-2. Hes a Verzed Laval Cannoneer.

Quote:
Vers Mandrago
Dark Plant / Effect
LV4 1550/1450
If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
Nice card, its got decent stats and an upgraded CyDra effect which is very nice. Use this for faster Bahamuts. This little fela is an unknown Verzed Naturia but Ill get back to you when I figure it out.

Quote:
Vers Fleis
Dark Winged Beast / Effect
LV4 1150/1850
FLIP: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; return it to the hand.
Decent card, the defense is what matters, since hell stay on the field a lot and on the next turn you can use him for Bahamut. You could try it. And you could also tech Icarus and Gale, maybe Raiza and Simorgh. This is a Verzed Daigusto Eguls.

Quote:
Verz Salamandra
4 Stars/DARK/Dinosaur-Type - Effect/1850 ATK/950 DEF
Up to twice per turn, you can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard to have this card gain 300 ATK until the opponent's End Phase.
Note: This card is based on the mythical Salamander elemental of fire.

Verzed Jurrac Titano, not bad, decent beater gives us Laggia acces and promotes maining 2 Rabbits and 2 Sabersaurus.

Quote:
Verz Golem
5 Stars/DARK/Rock-Type - Effect/2150 ATK/1250 DEF
Once per turn, you can target 1 Level 5 or higher monster with an Attribute other than DARK. Destroy that target.
Note: The Golem is a legendary entity made of clay, from legends of the city of Prague.
Verzed Catastor, with a meh effect if he was lv4, Id be all over him.

Quote:
Verz Thunderbird
4 Stars/DARK/Thunder-Type - Effect/1650 ATK/Unknown DEF
Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect is activated, you can banish this card. During the next Standby Phase, return this banished card to the
field and have it gain 300 ATK.
Note: This card is named after the mythical Thunderbird of Native American legend.
Interesting effect, allows you to keep field presence and allows easier Verzed Trish plays. You could also use this with Chaos Zone(new Field Spell in SD22) This is Verzed Apex Avian.

Quote:
Verz Castor
4 Stars/DARK/{Warrior-Type} - Effect/1750 ATK/550 DEF
Only once, you can Normal Summon 1 "Verz"/"Steelswarm" monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set.
Note: Castor is the twin brother of Pollux.
Great card for the deck. Better stats thn Mandrago, searchable by ROTA. You should run both though.

Quote:
Verz o' Wisp
4 Stars/DARK/Pyro-Type - Effect/450 ATK/2050 DEF
When this card battles, after Damage Calculation, negate the effects of the opponent's monster.
Note: This card is based on the swamp/marsh phenomenon of the Will o' the Wisp
Meh, its got a big defence. Verzed Neo Flamvell Origin.

And no our 5 Xyz Monsters that are all really good:

Quote:
DT14-JP042 Verz Ouroboros
Rank 4/DARK/Dragon-Type - Effect, Xyz/2750 ATK/1950 DEF
3 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate one of the following effects (The following effects can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.):
• Target 1 card your opponent controls. Return that target to the hand.
• Send 1 card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard at random.
• Target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard. Banish that target
Note: This card refers to the mythical Ouroboros, a snake or dragon depicted eating its own tail.
HOLY **** OUR OWN VERZED TRISH! Well actually not that good since it can only use each effect 1 but still very good.

Quote:
Verz Ophion
Rank 4/DARK/Dragon-Type - Effect, Xyz/2550 ATK/1650 DEF
2 Level 4 "Steelswarm" and/or "Verz" monsters.
While this face-up card on the field has Xyz Materials attached to it, neither player can Special Summon a Level 5 or higher monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to add 1 "Infestation" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
Note: Ophion is a primordial serpent from Greek Mythology.
Our own Kristya that searches our Virus Trap. This card is great. Verzed Gungnir.

Quote:
Verz Thanatos
Rank 4/DARK/Fiend-Type - Effect, Xyz/2350 ATK/1350 DEF
2 Level 4 DARK Monsters.
Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. This card is unaffected by the effects of other Effect Monsters.
Note: Thantos is the Greek embodiment and word for Death.
Decent, this e verzed Ragin riding a verzed Unicore.

Quote:
Verz Bahamut
Xyz / Dragon / DARK / Rank 4 / 2350 / 1350
2 Level 4 "Verz" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; discard 1 "Verz" monster from your hand and take control of the target.
This guy is the 3rd Verzed Ice Barrier Dragon, we have all 3 now ! This guy is just plain amazing. Ditch a Verz and take an opponents monster. This verzed Brionac is fairly easy to summon with Rescue Rabbit, Castor and Mandrago. I suggested running 2-3.

Quote:
Verz Nightmare
Xyz / Fiend / DARK / Rank 4 / 650 / 1950
2 Level 4 DARK monsters
When your opponent Special Summons a monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; change the Special Summoned monster into face-down Defense Position.
Interesting. Hes decent Id keep one of him in the extra for lulz.

Thats all for the monsters now on to S/Ts. For now all we have is this Trap, but Im sure well get more.

Quote:
Invasive Violating Infection
Trap / Continuos
Once per turn, you can return 1 "Verz" monster from your hand or field to the Deck; add 1 "Verz" monster from your Deck to your hand.
Good for returning stuff to the deck (Heliolope to the deck to make Rabbit live more often) and good for dodging BTH, Prisons and stuff or just getting a Verz or Inverz that you need. Btw the artwork of the card features a dead Inverz Cell spreading the virus.

Quote:
Part 3: Non-themed Support
Here Ill show you some cards the deck can benefit from.

Quote:
Pot of Duality
Staple for the deck, since it gets you Verzes for Bahamut and other important stuff.

Quote:
Allure of Darkness
Draw card for DARK decks, pretty obv.

Quote:
The Transmigration Prophecy
Pretty good since it recycles Heliolope which is important if youre running Rabbit.

Quote:
Dark Factory of Mass Production
You could use this on dead Heliolopes to feed Bahamut

Some more notable Steelswarm we could use until we get better Verz:

Quote:
Inverz Needle
Inverz Needle is probably the best since its pretty much a Synchro, Ritual and Fusion specific Zahhak. And its also beefy 1850 again like Zahhak.

The reason Im mentioning this card is because of its type and level. Its a level 3 Fiend. Now what card fetches level 3 Fiends? The loli with the train, yes TGU lol. Now even if you fetch it doesn have much of a use ofcorse except for this combo:

What you need is Birdman and TGU in hand, and you have to have either Gold Sarco to RFG Rabbit or you have to have to used it on the Last Turn.

Step 1: NS TGU and get Sentinel.
Step 2: Bounce Sentinel for Birdman.
Step 3: Xyz into Leviair.
Step 4: Use Levi's eff, get back Rabbit.
Step 5: Banish Rabbit for 2 Heliolope. Xyz them into Bahamut.
Step 6: Discard Sentinel for Bahamuts effect.

Quote:
Rescue Rabbit
I almost forgot posting this guy so those who dont know what it does can see. Anyway Id use 2-3 of these guy but depends if I run some normal Dinos to make use of him when I dont have Heliolope in the deck. I mentioned Transmigration Prophecy that can go with Pot of Avarice to recycle back Heliolope. You could also use Pot of Benevolence but meh...

Quote:
Steelswarm Roach
Roach is a verz and a very good rank 4, I dont see why you wouldnt run at least on of this guy.

Very good card, a little situational but a single Bahamut play will make this live. Run 2, 3 is overkill IMO.

Quote:
Monster Slot
Creeping Darkness, except it only banishes one and you get to draw 1 not add 1. It could also turn into an Xyz summon.

Quote:
Chaos Zone
The field Spell I mentioned you can use this in combination with the above 2 cards and Thunderbird. Its a good combo but rather slow and can cause icnosistency. It is very interesting though, should be tested.

[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tour_Guide_From_the_Underworld"]Tour Guide Fom the Underworld[/quote]
Tour Guide is great, adds spead, searches for stuff bellow 1500 with Sangan and allows for Leviair plays if playing cards that banish. Play it if you can afford it.

I guess theres other stuff we could use, tech like Veilers, some other LIGHTs maybe so we can play BLS, random techs for fast Xyz, stuff like that. Be creative, theres tons of ways to run this deck.

Quote:
Part 4: Deck Lists
Here you can find deck lists for different builds. This section is in construction for now. If anyone wants their build added pm it to me.

Quote:
Part 5: The End
By reading this youve all probably been contaminated already, so now all youll think about is the Verz. Start discussing them now!

I hope you had a good read and that the guide is good. If I made mistakes or if you want anything fixed, please feel free to tell me about it

HELP SAVE THE YUGIOH TCG - SIGN THIS PETITON

Last edited by Scrap : 11-19-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Unknown Outcast
Banifish Vet

Unknown Outcast is on a distinguished road

yeah i'mma sub cause they look epic. and build a deck later once we get one or two more verz.

Gallery of the Unknown
Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Scrap
pom

Im planning on building a Ragia Bahamut aggro control deck

Old 09-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Unknown Outcast
Banifish Vet

I shouldda guessed XDD

Gallery of the Unknown
Old 09-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Scrap
pom

Fixed some minor mistakes in the OP, its all good now.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
MaskedHeroOOO
Pojo Veteran

MaskedHeroOOO is on a distinguished road

Theres a Trap card that specials summons a lv 4 Steelswarm for 500 life points, so if your using the steelswarms you can use that.
The deck needs a way to add monster to the hand for Bahamuts effect though.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
Scrap
pom

Ooo nice. I might try it.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
Supreme Seraphim
Nothing's Superior

Supreme Seraphim is on a distinguished road

Of the stuff released so far, Zahhak might be a useful anti-meta card, since he doesn't even need to be face-up to get his effect off. He blows away every boss monster which isn't an Xyz in the current meta, so...

But that's for non-Verz decks. To be useful, they'll need a method of summoning things to the field consistently, as well as searching the deck for Bahamut fuel.

Also: I think Heliotrope is meant to be Gemknight Emerald.

Made by IonCharge

My YouTube Channel

Tengu Plant Chaos whatever Synchro = Kitchen Sink Synchro
(credit to Shruikon)

Memoriaeque mandetis.
Commit it to memory.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
Scrap
pom

Im gonna be using the Inverz themed CotH and 2 CotH. Most of the monsters are beaters so sometimes theyll keep themselves on the field longer. Im also gonna be using Threatening Roar for protecting my Verz.. And the obv Rescue Rabbit.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Scrapper

Scrapper is on a distinguished road

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Invasiv...ting_Infection that trap is insane, it protects verz, you can add the same monster you shuffled, and it violates. what else could we need? lol

Last edited by Scrapper : 09-17-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
catking5
Who ya gonna call?

catking5 is on a distinguished road

Don't forget, while Steelswarm qualify for Verz support, Verz don't work with Steelswarm support.

Note: I only play MTGO and Cockatrice. Saves money and I can play more often.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Tsurara
Heaven's Decree

Tsurara is on a distinguished road

I will just wait for more cards. Rabbit build would be better they will release more normal monster like Heliolope. But i think we won't get it soon...
Old 09-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #13
Johnny Raptor
終末の創造主

Johnny Raptor has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny Raptor has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny Raptor has a spectacular aura about

*Begins lurking*
Old 09-18-2011, 03:37 AM   #14
Saiko
Gear Vet

Saiko is on a distinguished road

looks intresting.....
subbing

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
-Confucius
Old 09-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #15
mezbaha
Cool story bro

mezbaha is on a distinguished road

Subbed.

Verz Bahamut and Nightmare looks promising.

Btw I believe Verz Heliople is contaminated Gem-Knight Amber.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #16
Supreme Seraphim
Nothing's Superior

If there was an easier way to commit monsters to the field (and to search them out, also), this archetype could be a winner.

Verz Nightmare is a theoretically interesting card, if only because it serves as a useful way to stop easy Synchro/Xyz Summons, and it's defence is sufficient to stop any non-boss monster getting over it. And since most bosses are special-summoned...

There is the risk of the opponent baiting out the Materials and then going for something strong enough to hit over it, but eh. You disrupted them twice.

-edit-
Would this card work to stop Trish's effect, by the by?

Made by IonCharge

My YouTube Channel

(credit to Shruikon)

Memoriaeque mandetis.
Commit it to memory.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
Starblade Phantom
Banned User

Starblade Phantom is on a distinguished road

a virus left behind by the Inverz? Damn, that must've been some powerful ****.

*lurking*
Old 09-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #18
Unknown Outcast
Banifish Vet

we got a lotta lurkers o.0 just dont get infected okay? verz virus will control anything....

Gallery of the Unknown
Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
Johnny Raptor
終末の創造主

Johnny Raptor has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny Raptor has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny Raptor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblade Phantom View Post
a virus left behind by the Inverz? Damn, that must've been some powerful ****.

*lurking*
Read my sig to get your answer.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Assiduity View Post
If there was an easier way to commit monsters to the field (and to search them out, also), this archetype could be a winner.

Verz Nightmare is a theoretically interesting card, if only because it serves as a useful way to stop easy Synchro/Xyz Summons, and it's defence is sufficient to stop any non-boss monster getting over it. And since most bosses are special-summoned...

There is the risk of the opponent baiting out the Materials and then going for something strong enough to hit over it, but eh. You disrupted them twice.

-edit-
Would this card work to stop Trish's effect, by the by?
It activates upon Synchro Summon.

This effect is POWERFUL in the OCG with their lack of Priority Over Ignition Effects.

However, this won't be effective in the TCG due to said Ignition Effect Ruling. =/

Last edited by Johnny Raptor : 09-18-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #20
Scrap
pom

So heres a prototype build for Rabbit Ragia Bahamut:

3 Rescue Rabbit
3 Verz Heliolope
3 Sabersaurus
3 Verz Zahhak
3 Inverz Needle
1 Inverz Caller
2 Veiler
1 Sangan

3 Pot of Duality
1 Allure
1 Heavy
1 Dark Hole
1 Reborn
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Pot of Avarice

2 Mind Crush
1 Dustshoot
2 Bottomless
2 Threatening Roar
1 Solemn
1 Mirror Force
1 Compulsory

Old 09-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #21
Johnny Raptor
終末の創造主

Needs a Violent Infestation or two to get rid of a dead Heliotrope from the hand. Trust me. He ain't pretty when he's eating up your hand. And it's chainable anyway, so you'd get yourself a card to be replaced. <_<
Old 09-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #22
Scrap
pom

The idea of the deck is pretty obvious. You have big beaters to beatdown the opponent until you can Xyz and start controling what the opponent plays with Ragia and what he already has with Bahamut. Zahhak and Needle are pretty big trolls and useful for both beatdown and control at the same time. T Roar is to protect my Verzes so I can Xyz them next turn and take whatever would have killed them with Bahamut.. They need to make a Normal Verz Dino, Rabbit Verz is gonna be soo good if they make it....

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Raptor View Post
Needs a Violent Infestation or two to get rid of a dead Heliotrope from the hand. Trust me. He ain't pretty when he's eating up your hand. And it's chainable anyway, so you'd get yourself a card to be replaced. <_<
Well it isnt chainbale cause if MST hits it I wont add a Verz. Its a good card I could run it, but before that I have to make room for 1 Coth and 1 Infestation Riples or w/e its called.

Last edited by Scrap : 09-18-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
Johnny Raptor
終末の創造主

Chain Link 1: MST

Chain Link 2: Infestation. Pay the cost of returning first.

Resolve backwards.

Resolve Link 2: RoTA'd Verz/Inverz.

Resolve Link 1: Blow up Infestation.

Did I just miss something?
Old 09-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #24
Scrap
pom

Yes you can chain it but, when MST is chained to it you dont get to search lol :P

Old 09-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #25
Supreme Seraphim
Nothing's Superior

The two of you are thinking of different scenarios, I think; Johnny is thinking of when it's being MST'd, and Saber is thinking of your opponent MSTing it when it's activated.

Made by IonCharge

My YouTube Channel

(credit to Shruikon)

Memoriaeque mandetis.
Commit it to memory.
Closed Thread