Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Discussions, News & Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Ishikawa Oshiro
Wind derper
 
Ishikawa Oshiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New jersey
Posts: 612
iTrader: 0
Default Wind-up's

I understand this is the gossip section and not sure if this is the correct place to make this post but I am highly appaled @ konami with the wind-up archtype. I love fun lovable creatures to make competitive decks out of. When morpho's came out I went on a journey to top my locals with them. Sadly it never happened but I did make top 4 with them one day which was good enough for me. But what stopped me from going to the top was the lack of support for the theme.

I understand sometime's Konami may just throw some half-assed idea's into a box and pull the good one's out and make those archtypes. Thx! I love those archtypes. Aliens, venoms, glads, lightsworns, etc etc. These archtypes were fun but my problem with them is this. We all understand in order to have a "good" deck it has to fufill certain criteria.
- Must be able to contend with current format "banlist/current FOTM decks"
- Must retain advantage or be able to create resources from somewhere.
Blackwings maintain advantage with vayu/whirlwind/Icarus Attack etc
Lightsworn maintain hand advantage mostly
Glads maintain field advantage
etc etc
- Must have a good boss monster
Blackwings have their synchros
lightsworn have JD
Glads have herk/the other dude lol
- along with some other criteria

Now my problem is with these half-assed archtypes. wind-up's are a seriously amazing archtype to me. I know the archtype is new and everything but from what I have seen from the photon new set coming up if anything all the new set does for us is give us more monsters but non of them are what we need.
I am not sure where this archtype has come from. Wether it be the show or else created by konami themselves. But it kills me to try an archtype like this and not be able to do much with it. You can put the pieces of the puzzle many ways but the main problem with the deck is it asks for a turn of set up which we dont usually get and then we dont profit much usually.

The wind-ups get their effect once while their face up and then it goes away. This is crazy to me. Every good archtype out there gets to re-use broken effects and dominate for a format or two. But the wind-ups get hit with this in the cardtye? Come on konami. In order for this archtype to survive we need a floater or else a good recruiter other than magician. Magicians effect is near impossible to pull off due to every deck having an answer to it.
- twilight would remove it
- Herald of Orange Light stops it
- six sams attack over it
- blackwings attack over it

All I ask is that you guys do not let this archtype become something for just a "fun duel". I do not want to have to play some twilight deck or fairy deck variant in order to stay "competitive" this format =/
Ishikawa Oshiro is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.
 
Martiachan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,000
iTrader: 0
Default

So, what do you want us to do? Start a raid on Konami? Find some broken combo with Wind-up's that break them? What can we as a player-base do?
Martiachan is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
Ishikawa Oshiro
Wind derper
 
Ishikawa Oshiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New jersey
Posts: 612
iTrader: 0
Default

riot is too much. But with other companies when enough players make a petition for a company to keep something "competitive" the company may attempt to do something sooner or later. If anything I just want Konami to hear the plea's of their player base.

I'm glad the sam's got their supprt and other old archtypes like heros are getting major love. But their's other decks that need just a card or two in order to remain competitive. Not broken, just competivie.

Morphtronics needs some effective way to properly search without relying on cellfon luck to pull them through. Like a recruiter of sorts. That;s mainly what a lot of decks need. A reliable recruiter. And a good spell or trap to keep the archtype playable.
Ishikawa Oshiro is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
powermixer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: A small town
Posts: 410
iTrader: 0
Default

now we know how karakuri felt back in starstrike. no swarm power and a shady future. now look at them. Wind-up just needs a couple of sets to get their swarm on. which by the way it helps to foolish magician, play factory, Limit Reverse magician and summon soldier. Rest is self explanatory.
powermixer is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
Ishikawa Oshiro
Wind derper
 
Ishikawa Oshiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New jersey
Posts: 612
iTrader: 0
Default

Only time shall tell. Just remember us konami whe your creating the next batch
Ishikawa Oshiro is offline  
Old 09-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
KnightRider25
The Bounty Hunter
 
KnightRider25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 4,090
iTrader: 0
Default

Honestly there fine, they made the effect that way so they can't be abused and they will usually just be used as Xyz Material once you use their effect, rarely you'll see one in the field sitting, aside from Wind-Up Knight or Wind-Up Magician.

In my opinion, they just need something, preferably a monster, that let's them Special Summon a Wind-Up from your hand. That will speed them up alot thanks to Factory and Magician.
KnightRider25 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
DDWhorriorLady
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: At my crib with some hos.
Posts: 925
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martiachan View Post
So, what do you want us to do? Start a raid on Konami? Find some broken combo with Wind-up's that break them? What can we as a player-base do?
Make threats to the top konami people's family members.
__________________
-(what?) 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Medjai View Post
LMAO! This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read on this site. If I sigged things, this would be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAK View Post
Edit: at least you're asking a mod to delete your spam. I wish 10,000 more members would do this on a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
...
Who are we kidding? This game is one big time-waster. I just make an obvious display out of it.
DDWhorriorLady is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #8
Big_Mooseman
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SSV Normandy SR2
Age: 20
Posts: 2,416
iTrader: 0
Default

...Wind ups are good. What are you smoking?
Big_Mooseman is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #9
powermixer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: A small town
Posts: 410
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mooseman View Post
...Wind ups are good. What are you smoking?
good but more support never hurts to make them great
powermixer is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #10
DarkLiger
Pojo Veteran
 
DarkLiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Age: 34
Posts: 2,145
iTrader: 161 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mooseman View Post
...Wind ups are good. What are you smoking?
Agreed, they can get out Rank 5 XYZs with ease.

Also keep in mind, the archtype just started, most archtypes take a few sets to become good.
__________________
My dueling days are done, now I Fight!!
DarkLiger is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Mr. Duston
Just a big geek.
 
Mr. Duston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,640
iTrader: 220 (100%)
Default

They have a crapload of support coming out in the next 2 sets, so just put them on the sidelines for now. Until then, they have their own Black Whirlwind, so...yeah.
__________________
Yu-Gi-Oh! trade thread.

First Ever Regional Top: 32nd place at March 2014 Edison, NJ Regionals with Six Samurai
Mr. Duston is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
KnightRider25
The Bounty Hunter
 
KnightRider25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 4,090
iTrader: 0
Default

Their own Black Whirlwind that works during the opponent's turn too.
KnightRider25 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
PurpleIsGood
Registered User
 
PurpleIsGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 318
iTrader: 0
Default

Pfft, Wind-ups are brand new, they'll get more support soon.

How do you think I feel about Reptiliannes?
PurpleIsGood is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #14
Mark Howard
DFTBA ( ・へ・)
 
Mark Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14,049
iTrader: 0
Default

Konami likes to make awesome archetypes, but leave them with bad card design and no support. Look at things like Cloudians and Venoms, Toons, Harpies... did you know there are several Crystal Beast trap cards, and not one is playable?

Konami doesn't give fans the cards they want, ever. Wind-Ups may get a bit better with their coming support, but will be left with a few major holes (like maintaining field presence) and be abandoned like most other fun, cool archetypes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwish View Post
If you wanna look pro, you gotta play like you're a drunk lumberjack. Put your deck sideways, upside-down, diagonal, in the field card zone, outside the mat, on the opponent's mat, HEY! That's what the pros do, man!
Mark Howard is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #15
KnightRider25
The Bounty Hunter
 
KnightRider25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 4,090
iTrader: 0
Default

Well I just hope Konamin give Wind-Up SOMETHING that helps us swarm. Look at the Generation Fish, they got like 4 Exclusive (Piercing Moray, Sea Lancer, Lost Blue Breaker and Fish and Swaps) and I'll say that that's too many in 1 pack.
KnightRider25 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY
 
DeltaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,668
iTrader: 45 (100%)
Default

*Ahem*

TCG Exclusives.

That is all.
DeltaX is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #17
Nintenderek
The Ehero guy
 
Nintenderek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 6,049
iTrader: 41 (100%)
Default

Wind Ups are Konami's attempt at making one of the most verstile decks possible, while making it a deck that takes as much skill as possible to play. There aren't a whole lot of decks out there which are tier 1 to tier 2 material that take a lot of skill to play. Wind Ups are Konami's attempt at it. Will it be a successful attempt? We'll just have to wait till Photon Shockwave comes out in the TCG to really see.
Nintenderek is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #18
Mantracker
tracks men
 
Mantracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Canadian Shield
Posts: 6,462
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Oshiro View Post
I understand this is the gossip section and not sure if this is the correct place to make this post but I am highly appaled @ konami with the wind-up archtype. I love fun lovable creatures to make competitive decks out of. When morpho's came out I went on a journey to top my locals with them. Sadly it never happened but I did make top 4 with them one day which was good enough for me. But what stopped me from going to the top was the lack of support for the theme.

I understand sometime's Konami may just throw some half-assed idea's into a box and pull the good one's out and make those archtypes. Thx! I love those archtypes. Aliens, venoms, glads, lightsworns, etc etc. These archtypes were fun but my problem with them is this. We all understand in order to have a "good" deck it has to fufill certain criteria.
- Must be able to contend with current format "banlist/current FOTM decks"
- Must retain advantage or be able to create resources from somewhere.
Blackwings maintain advantage with vayu/whirlwind/Icarus Attack etc
Lightsworn maintain hand advantage mostly
Glads maintain field advantage
etc etc
- Must have a good boss monster
Blackwings have their synchros
lightsworn have JD
Glads have herk/the other dude lol
- along with some other criteria

Now my problem is with these half-assed archtypes. wind-up's are a seriously amazing archtype to me. I know the archtype is new and everything but from what I have seen from the photon new set coming up if anything all the new set does for us is give us more monsters but non of them are what we need.
I am not sure where this archtype has come from. Wether it be the show or else created by konami themselves. But it kills me to try an archtype like this and not be able to do much with it. You can put the pieces of the puzzle many ways but the main problem with the deck is it asks for a turn of set up which we dont usually get and then we dont profit much usually.

The wind-ups get their effect once while their face up and then it goes away. This is crazy to me. Every good archtype out there gets to re-use broken effects and dominate for a format or two. But the wind-ups get hit with this in the cardtye? Come on konami. In order for this archtype to survive we need a floater or else a good recruiter other than magician. Magicians effect is near impossible to pull off due to every deck having an answer to it.
- twilight would remove it
- Herald of Orange Light stops it
- six sams attack over it
- blackwings attack over it

All I ask is that you guys do not let this archtype become something for just a "fun duel". I do not want to have to play some twilight deck or fairy deck variant in order to stay "competitive" this format =/
Konami thought that 3 JD, 3 Hyperion, 2 Kristya, BLS was a good idea

Let them know how bad it was
__________________
He's Coming To Get You.
Mantracker is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #19
Soulstarter
Registered User
 
Soulstarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 371
iTrader: 0
Default

They even ruled wind up juggler to have its effect work if it rams into something with higher atk in atk position. Also, tiras and adreus are good. They are just a little slow. They need something like a boggart knight imo
Soulstarter is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
Mikebuck
Pojo Veteran
 
Mikebuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 1,461
iTrader: 0
Default

Juggler can also trigger Magician and Factory during the damage step
Mikebuck is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #21
bwinggale
Penguin Vet
 
bwinggale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In a town, near a place
Posts: 2,126
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Oshiro View Post
riot is too much. But with other companies when enough players make a petition for a company to keep something "competitive" the company may attempt to do something sooner or later. If anything I just want Konami to hear the plea's of their player base.

I'm glad the sam's got their supprt and other old archtypes like heros are getting major love. But their's other decks that need just a card or two in order to remain competitive. Not broken, just competivie.

Morphtronics needs some effective way to properly search without relying on cellfon luck to pull them through. Like a recruiter of sorts. That;s mainly what a lot of decks need. A reliable recruiter. And a good spell or trap to keep the archtype playable.
Have you ever played crystal beasts, toons, or harpies? They need to get some major love before these wind-ups do. But alas, it won't happen. Just be happy the wind-ups are getting support at all.
bwinggale is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
Helpoemer
Not A Giant Snake
 
Helpoemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meriden, Connecticut
Age: 32
Posts: 2,462
iTrader: 21 (100%)
Default

Wind Ups will get support, and chances are fair that they'll also get an Exclusive eventually. They already appear decent and most likely are going to build on that.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie Lulamoon View Post
I'll forever take solace in the fact that as neglected and hated as English players are, at least our tops make sense.
Helpoemer is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #23
KnightRider25
The Bounty Hunter
 
KnightRider25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 4,090
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstarter View Post
They even ruled wind up juggler to have its effect work if it rams into something with higher atk in atk position. Also, tiras and adreus are good. They are just a little slow. They need something like a boggart knight imo
"During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Wind-Up" monster from your hand. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field."


I just hope that the Sneak Peek card for Photon Shockwave is a good Wind-Up monster, but I'm smelling broken LIGHT support coming from there.
KnightRider25 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
Dragonic
Archfiends ^^
 
Dragonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Age: 26
Posts: 2,892
iTrader: 0
Default

I seriously don't get the problem, I use Wind-Ups myself and love them and have never once had the thought of 'Oh no I can only use the effect once, this archytype has been ruined by Konami' enter my head once.

They're a nice balanced archtype. It almost sounds like you want Wind-Ups to get a broken card to become like the broken decks you were complaining about?

And Magicians effect isn't that hard to get off.
__________________

[Archfiends!]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Decks currently running:
Six Samurai
Sylvan
Archfiend
Toons (An old favourite, for fun)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bengal Fan For Life

Dragonic is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
drclaude92
Stand my Avatar!!!
 
drclaude92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land
Posts: 2,152
iTrader: 0
Default

You just need to look at the Guide in the TCG strategy section. Look at other people decks and ideas and start working on your own. Also it depends on your playstyle. If you have an aggressive playstyle then it's going to take you awhile to get used to these awesome toys
__________________

When the solution is simple, Gusto is answering.
Current Decks:Gusto, Gagaga, Karakuri
Japanese Shoguns

Gold Paladins
For Gold, For God, For GLORY!!!
drclaude92 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.