Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Team Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

Default Team Format: REFORMATING HARD DRIVE....99%

Welcome to Team Format, where any talks of standard yugioh is NOT our primary goal (but it is welcome).

Format v1: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=976554

Who we are: We are a Group of people dedicated to making new formats to increase the fun and the variety Yu-gi-oh has to offer. Tired of Tengu dominating the current meta? Well then, come try out one of our various formats below. MTG have many different formats, why can't Yu-Gi-Oh?

Wanna Join? Please post in this thread with this form filled out, and you will be added to our team list.

Applying:
Username:
Format you'd like to try:
Decks you play in current meta:

Rules:
  • No Flaming
  • No Trolling
  • No Profanity
  • No Spamming
  • For future Ideas/Formats once it gets approved by (majority +1) people we will add it to the OP.
  • You can trade on this thread too but keep spam to minimal.
  • Please be active, we don;t want this thread to be dead like the last one xD

Current Formats that we are trying:

Quote:
EDH Format: Originally Posted by S.W.A.P.H.

Rules and Guidelines for Yu-Gi-Oh EDH

• Deck Count: Exactly 50 including one General Monster
• Up to 10 Cards in the Extra Deck
• Life Points start at 12,000
• Everything is limited to one, Ban List in progress

General Monster Rules

• The general must be a Level 7 or higher Monster that can be normal summoned
• Summoning a general monster counts as a normal tribute summon, you must tribute two monsters to summon your General Monster
• All monsters in the deck/extra deck must be the same type OR archetype as the general, with the exception of 2 wild cards that can ignore this rule. This allows for archetypes such as scraps that have more than one monster type to be playable.
• The general monster stays in the General Zone until summoned
• If a general monster deals over 6100 damage or more to the other player, then that player loses.
• If the General Monster leaves the field, that player loses 500 life points and the General returns to the General Zone.

Example: If a player has Ancient Gear Gagiltron Dragon as their general, they must choose ONE of the above criteria for the monsters in their deck:
A. All the monsters in the Deck are Machine type monsters
B. All the monsters in the Deck have "Ancient Gear" in the name

-Credits to S.W.A.P.H
Quote:
Oblivion Duel: Originally Posted by Kevin121

1) The players choose which amount of life-points they want BOTH players to start with. The choices are:

a) 2000 LP duel
b) 4000 LP duel
c) 8000 LP duel

2) There can only be 40-50 cards on the deck. You can normal summon face-up defense position monsters.

3) The banlist follows the Traditional Format at the moment

4) Standard Yugioh rules apply except for the following:
a) The first player that attacks directly their opponent wins.
b) At the start of the duel, the Spell Death-Zone is activated on both sides of the field. The effect of Death-Zone is "During each of your Standby phases add 1 Kill Counter to this card (max 12), you can only attack your opponent when you have 6 or more Kill Counters on this card. When your opponent declares an attack, remove 2 Kill Counters. The attack is negated. This card does not count as taking up a Spell/Trap Card zone when on the field. The effects of this card cannot be negated. This card cannot be removed from the field, or flipped face-down."
Quote:
Double Duel: Originally Posted by AcselOfDarkness
  • Each player uses 2 decks. Hand limit, field spaces and deck size stay the same.The extra and side decks may now contain up to 20 cards each, and will affect both decks. The grave and banish zones are combined so cards sent from both decks to their respective zones end up at the same zone, and cards like Call Of The Haunted and Return from the Different Dimension will affect cards from both decks.
  • The banlist is the same and each duelist may only use 1 of each limited card, 2 of each semi-limited card and 3 of any cards not on the list combined in both decks. (E.g. 2 harpie ladies in Deck A, 1 Harpie Lady in Deck B is legal. 3 harpie ladies in Deck A and 1 Harpie Lady in Deck B is illegal)
  • During each draw phase, the turn player draws from alternate decks, first from one deck, then from the other.
    When a card states to draw from a deck/search deck/return card to deck, etc the deck stated is the one last drawn from in the draw phase.
  • If either deck 'decks out' and the player is unable to draw a card during the draw phase they are requires, then that player loses. This means you lose even if you have cards in a deck, if the deck you are required to draw from contains no cards
  • Other than the above listed rules, standard yugioh rules apply
Members:

Leader:

Username: Elemenati
Format you'd like to try: Any that is feasible
Decks you play in current meta: Hyperion Agents, Warrior Equip Synchceed, and Synchro

Admins:

Username: kevin121
Formats to try: All as long as their fun
Decks: Agents, Yusei/synchro, E-Heros

Username: markyguila
Format you'd like to try: Any and all formats
Decks you play in current meta: Six Sam Burn, Blackwing

Username: Shadow88
Format: N/A
Decks: Monarchs, Hyperion Agents, Machina Gadget, Sabers, Fiend Swap

Username: LucienWolf
Format you'd like to try: EDH(I've done F4A already)
Decks you play in current meta: Plant Synchro, Dark World, Rainbow Neos, Dragon Draw Exodia, Various Photon Builds, The World OTK/FTK, Arcana Force, Solid DoppelWarriors, and many more.

Username: goldbakura123
Formats Want To Try: EDH
Format I Would like support for: Tag-Team, Multiplayer, Restricted Traditional...
Current Decks: Warp Psychics and Fiend Control

Devil_rampage321
Format Trying: EDH
Current decks: Antimeta Archfiends, Fiends, Nordics Warrior Synchceed

Username: AcselOfDarkness
Format you'd like to try: Anything, particuarly different and unusual formats...
Decks you play in current meta: Karakuri hybrid, Blackwings

Username: Omali1990
Formats to try: You name it, I'll play it
Deck: Chaos Tele-DAD

Username: Edtome
Format you'd like to try: Anything that can be done on DN
Decks you play in current meta: Baniworld

Username: Shirochan2011
Format you'd like to try: Any
Decks you play in current meta: Macro/Malefic Monarch, Common Comotion, Exodia Experiment, Fairy Destro, Hamon Burn, Preperation H (vehicroids, in case no one gets the joke), Self Destruct

Last edited by markyguila : 04-12-2012 at 11:02 PM.
markyguila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Kevin121
Pojo Elite

Location: Puerto Rico Decks: Agent, Dark World, Machina, Blackwing

Like the thread but D_r isnt coming back. So take him out and Elemenati isnt an admin, hes the leader. Also, elemenati said that i can be an admin .

Ps: do you think we need like, more advertisement? Like what shadow88 does with the brotherhood on the newbie section. Yeah, i think its a good idea to advertise.

JOIN TEAM FORMAT TODAY!!!! CLICK- http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=982340

In Brightest day, In Blackest night, no Stacker shall escape my sight... Let those who worship Grapha's might... Beware my power, MASTER HYPERION's LIGHT!!!
Kevin121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

there has been a thread on the tcg gossip page where they were discussing alternate formats, so i dropped a link in that thread. Other than that, the pegasus league forums are dead atm, and i believe Elemenati has been advertising there. But yes if you know where we can find people, please get them over here
Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
Kevin121
Pojo Elite

OHHH!!! i forgot to give you my Info!!
My bad, jaja

Username: kevin121
Formats to try: All as long as their fun
Decks: Agents, Yusei/synchro, E-Heros

Additional Comment:

New format idea, what do you think of the Deck Master duel that they used on the series after Duelcity tournament?

JOIN TEAM FORMAT TODAY!!!! CLICK- http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=982340

In Brightest day, In Blackest night, no Stacker shall escape my sight... Let those who worship Grapha's might... Beware my power, MASTER HYPERION's LIGHT!!!

Last edited by Kevin121 : 08-14-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

haha thank you po

and comparing the Brotherhood's advertising to our is that our target audience (pretty much the Peagsus League Forum) is DEAD compared to shadow's target audience (Newbie, Returning Players)

EDIT: are you talking about the Big5 arc?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Kevin121
Pojo Elite

Well, lets not JUST advertise on pegasus league. We advertise EVERYWHERE!!! Jaja then more people will join and more people will disscuss better formats. I think that you should add on the OP that this teams primary focus is on formats. But its secondary focus is on disscussing normal yugioh topics. After all, this is a team.

And i am talking about Noah's Saga. Thats the one with deck masters.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

Lol i feel there's a line between advertising and spam. I mean if you can pull it off, then all the power to you right. My friend got banned from spamming advertisements to my old team in my sig, so just a warning if your gonna try to pull it off. But yes we kinda need more hype about our team.

Also, i feel that the deck master idea is kinda too similar to the EDH format, unless you have an idea that i havent thought of, this is the stance i have atm

EDIT: I got a bunch of friends IRL that want to join, problem is that they are crazy lurkers, should i add them?

EDIT 2: I'm gonna advertise off-pojo

Last edited by markyguila : 08-14-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
Shadow88
Beware the Shadows

I'm with Marky concerning Deck Generals and Deck Masters.

My advertising is followed by advice to newbs so it can't be considered spam. As far as new formats go, that would be hard to advertise unless the thread you're doing it in is open to it. The only threads I've seen have been in the gossip section.
Shadow88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow88 View Post
I'm with Marky concerning Deck Generals and Deck Masters.

My advertising is followed by advice to newbs so it can't be considered spam. As far as new formats go, that would be hard to advertise unless the thread you're doing it in is open to it. The only threads I've seen have been in the gossip section.
this, plus the fact that the Brotherhood is a team made to help out newer players in the first place, so we cant just hijack a banlist thread to get people over here. Ever since the pegasus league forums died, our primary source of people got cut off
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
goldbakura123
Nimble Time!

Format I Would like support for: Tag-Team, Multiplayer, Restricted Traditional...

Definitions:

Restricted Traditional:

This is traditional format, however it omits any cards that specifically encourage OTKs/FTKs. This would include cards such as Exchange of the Spirit, Magical Scientist, Cyber Stein, etc...
goldbakura123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbakura123 View Post

Definitions:

Restricted Traditional:

This is traditional format, however it omits any cards that specifically encourage OTKs/FTKs. This would include cards such as Exchange of the Spirit, Magical Scientist, Cyber Stein, etc...
You're in

A question about your format, are you trying to ban cards that are banned because it causes FTK's or rather are you trying to ban cards b/c they can cause an OTK. a card that "specfically encourages OTK/FTK" can be interpreted differently. (Sorry for being a grammar nazi, its the Smogon in me coming out)
Old 08-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
goldbakura123
Nimble Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyguila View Post
You're in

A question about your format, are you trying to ban cards that are banned because it causes FTK's or rather are you trying to ban cards b/c they can cause an OTK. a card that "specfically encourages OTK/FTK" can be interpreted differently. (Sorry for being a grammar nazi, its the Smogon in me coming out)
NO problem, particularly just cards that are used to encourage OTK/FTK...not necessarily cards that just happen to incur an FTK or two...

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyguila View Post
You're in

Oh yeah forgot the decks I play...well they are in my sig, on top of the ones listed are Warp Psychics and Fiend Control

Last edited by goldbakura123 : 08-14-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
goldbakura123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
Elemenati
Pojo Yugioh

Marky accept people until we get like 20 then from then on we gotta vote. And yeah Markyguilla/Kevin will be Admin. Imma Leader
Elemenati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:17 AM   #14
Kevin121
Pojo Elite

Yeah, i like your idea elemenati. And about the advertising, we could spread it throughout the gossip section.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #15
Elemenati
Pojo Yugioh

Yeah and make a thread about our team on Pegasus League. Markyguilla update OP. Kevin and you are Admin and I will be leader so yeah
Elemenati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

I have an old thread in the pegasus league forums, if someone could simply bump it for me it would be appreciated.

Oh, and OP updated
Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
Debris
Sweet Sweet Cicero

Can you use 3 Tribute Monsters in EDH format?
Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #18
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

I believe as long as the monster can be normal summoned, then it's fine to have 3 tribute monsters as your general. I assume you mean monsters like Beast King Barbaros and Moisture Creature

BTW Debris, wanna be a member of the team?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #19
Debris
Sweet Sweet Cicero

I would love to, but I have no idea if I could just choose a couple decks. I'd want to play around till I find the right one. Theoretically, since it's impossible to have a Divine-Beast Deck, would I be incapable of running a deck with Obelisk as my general?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #20
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

hmm... good question. Honestly I haven't been testing EDH as much as Kevin or Elemenati so I don't know as much as them. My first thought would be that you couldnt, but if Kevin or Elemenati say otherwise, their word is better off than mine
Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #21
Debris
Sweet Sweet Cicero

Wait, EDH is traditional. OOOhhh, that might not be good. I would like to help create the banlist

Last edited by Debris : 08-15-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #22
markyguila
MiseriaCantare

ban makyura, thats all i could think off right now
Old 08-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
Debris
Sweet Sweet Cicero

I have a deck ready if anybody wants to DN me
Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #24
Shadow88
Beware the Shadows

What's wrong with Makyura? All he does is let you activate traps from the hand during the turn he's sent to the grave right? I say the bigger concern is Temple of the Kings.
Shadow88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #25
Debris
Sweet Sweet Cicero

So we don't have largely Spell&Trap based decks, how about we keep those that are banned, banned