Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Tiamatt
Pojo Veteran

Default "BLS can come back with new priority ruling." LOL

Yeah been seeing this a lot ever since GS4 and rather then constantly repeating myself in separate topics I'm just going to address that here.

When everyone go nuts about BLS and how broken he is what do they usually say?
That he's a easy summonable 3k beater.
That he can attack twice and do massive damage.
That he can easily end games with honest.

What they don't go nuts over is because he can remove any monster from the game.Not that's anything to scoff at,that effect is extremely good don't get me wrong.But that's hardly the main reason why he's on the ban list.See while going +1 off a BLS is great,it doesn't end the game like a 3k double attacker.

Chaos Sorcerer can go +1 off his effort most of the time,same summoning conditions,not that much smaller and he's at 3,and he still has priority to do it.Caius can do it too and in certain decks a lot easier to summon.DAD,Hyperion,hell even a Zaborg will do the same thing(or close enough) and they're all still legal.The point is while the effect is great,it's not the ends all to why BLS is so good,nor is it the reason why he's still banned.

Losing priority will take some wind out of BLS's sails,as well as many other monsters.But it won't do anything to affect why BLS got banned in the first place.He got banned because he was dirt easy to summon and could ended games by himself,having the option to remove was just salt on the wounds he caused.

TL-DR: Losing priority doesn't suddenly make BLS less broken,the main reason he's banned will still be there and anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.
Most of the people who come in here and go "BAWW STOP HAETEN MAH FAV CARDZ YO COMPLAEN ABOOT JUDDEMENT DRAWGAWNS" don't realize that subject has been beaten more than a ******ed horse that failed a salt-lick eating test then immediately died in the middle of a pasture surrounded by malicious five year olds with baseball bats.
Tiamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
lolnopound
Priest of Judgment

Really? The removal was my favorite part...
lolnopound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
mikeholland
Pojo Veteran

same and only noobs think it will come back to 1

ive actually seen lists that look like this:
Dandylion, 0
black luster soldier envoy of the beginning, 1

derp
mikeholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
HochDeutsch
A Cat from Japan

Excellent point. I do not think he will come back, nor do I want him to. And personally I'm proud of myself for that since I have a copy from way back then and also have a Chaos deck. But for the good of this game, that ************ has to stay gone.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Big_Mooseman
Banned User

Let.
It.
Rot.
In.
Hell.
Big_Mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Don't forget it can remove face-down's. But if it does come back, which I doubt, it'll be a huge slap in the face to anyone who thought otherwise. If it doesn't, it'll just be like, meh. Most of us saw that coming.
Martiachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
Tiamatt
Pojo Veteran

I said "any monster" for a reason.As for it coming back it wouldn't be a slap to me,it would just be another confirmation to how stupid the people running this game is.
Most of the people who come in here and go "BAWW STOP HAETEN MAH FAV CARDZ YO COMPLAEN ABOOT JUDDEMENT DRAWGAWNS" don't realize that subject has been beaten more than a ******ed horse that failed a salt-lick eating test then immediately died in the middle of a pasture surrounded by malicious five year olds with baseball bats.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
Serotonin
A Dark Favor

great thread tiamatt
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
Tiamatt
Pojo Veteran

Ty ty 10char
Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
Maou
El~Psy~Congroo

While I would like to see him come back, it's only for nostalgia purposes.

What I HOPE does not happen that they think its fine it can come back, and it does, and we don't get ignition effect change here at all. THAT is a kick to the balls in addition to the already ****ed Xyz rulings.

6 Regional Top 8's
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
Saifullah
Drifting

Konami likes bringing back broken cards. Look at reborn. Was there any reason to actually bring this back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pojo Idiots View Post
THIS YUGIOH CARD GENERATES MORE THAN A +0, THEREFORE IT IS ABUSABLE, BANWORTHY, ADDS TO THE POWER CREEP, DEGENERATE, FUELS OTKS, UNFAIR, IMBALANCED, TOO POWERFUL, AND SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saifullah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #12
tonman
Pojo Veteran

You forget that when discussing BLS, we're discussing what WILL hapen rather than what should happen. Ergo, alot of the points you bring up are irrelevent. I think very few people want BLS to come back, but thin it will come back anyways due to

-gold series reprint
-trip chaos sorceror not doing too much
-the fact that we have many bosslike monsters that do the same thing
-and that konami has a history of bringing back broken banned cards like Ring of Destruction and Monster Reborn

I think that there is a big chance that BLS might come back, though konami may just not bring it back and troll us with the reprint.
tonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
lolnopound
Priest of Judgment

-Looks at my copy of Zombie World,Il Blud/Book of Life/Mezuki-

Oh **** yes. Bring it back. I just have to summon it correctly once...
lolnopound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
Tiamatt
Pojo Veteran

If you seen some/lot of the prediction lists here they'll do the usual post what they think it coming back along with a short (*insert reason here),and lot of times you'll see "because it's not that broken once priority is gone." or something like that.

Now if they basing it's return on that reason then they obviously think that BLS being able to use priority on his effect is a big reason why he's banned,therefore if he loses that Konami will suddenly think he's ok again.My points show why that is wrong,I would hardly call that irrelevant.

And thanks for bringing up those points,because while it's fair for people to think them they're also wrong,most of them anyway.

1.GS4 - They've reprinted banned cards multiple times before without coming off the list,plus if they wanted to bring him back just so players can have him when he turns legal there are much smarter and more profitable ways of doing so then what they did in GS4.I expect a troll move here.

2.Chaos Sorcerer can't attack twice/get major boost from honest.

3.When have they unbanned broken similar cards to what was existing before?

4.True,but under that logic CED/any other broken card has the same chance of coming back.

I don't see any real reason why Konami would want to bring him back,outside of a stupid move that would fall under the #4 category I don't see it happening either.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
Alius
Pojo Veteran

Maybe I'm biased because the Chaos era was my favorite time in yugioh, but I'd like to see him back.
Alius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #16
Bonjwa
Pojo Veteran

the only time its remotely fair is when you have no monsters or tengu.

XY Thread http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1159976
Bonjwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #17
Yussa Tampon
4$hl3y T1$d4l3

Where is there any evidence suggesting he would come back barring a Gold Series reprint?

And no, a fake scan inspired by the former fact isn't evidence.

Furthermore, there isn't a new priority rule afaik in the TCG.
We choose your diaper size
Yussa Tampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #18
tonman
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamatt View Post
If you seen some/lot of the prediction lists here they'll do the usual post what they think it coming back along with a short (*insert reason here),and lot of times you'll see "because it's not that broken once priority is gone." or something like that.

Now if they basing it's return on that reason then they obviously think that BLS being able to use priority on his effect is a big reason why he's banned,therefore if he loses that Konami will suddenly think he's ok again.My points show why that is wrong,I would hardly call that irrelevant.

And thanks for bringing up those points,because while it's fair for people to think them they're also wrong,most of them anyway.

1.GS4 - They've reprinted banned cards multiple times before without coming off the list,plus if they wanted to bring him back just so players can have him when he turns legal there are much smarter and more profitable ways of doing so then what they did in GS4.I expect a troll move here.

2.Chaos Sorcerer can't attack twice/get major boost from honest.

3.When have they unbanned broken similar cards to what was existing before?

4.True,but under that logic CED/any other broken card has the same chance of coming back.

I don't see any real reason why Konami would want to bring him back,outside of a stupid move that would fall under the #4 category I don't see it happening either.

Just remember, I'm thinking in terms of Konami and we all know how bad they are at making lists .

1. Like what?

2. Its a slightly weaker counterpart to BLS and if its at 3 why is BLS so bad to have at 1?

3. Just saying, in their eyes we probably have alot of stuff better than BLS already. but yeah, they ahven't done that yet.

4. I wouldn't think Konami would go as far as to bring back CED, but BLS is at a different level.

*Shrug*, I think they have a chance of bringing him back, but they could just be trolling us with the reprint as well I guess.
tonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #19
The zombie guy
Pure awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamatt View Post
Yeah been seeing this a lot ever since GS4 and rather then constantly repeating myself in separate topics I'm just going to address that here.

When everyone go nuts about BLS and how broken he is what do they usually say?
That he's a easy summonable 3k beater.
That he can attack twice and do massive damage.
That he can easily end games with honest.

What they don't go nuts over is because he can remove any monster from the game.Not that's anything to scoff at,that effect is extremely good don't get me wrong.But that's hardly the main reason why he's on the ban list.See while going +1 off a BLS is great,it doesn't end the game like a 3k double attacker.

Chaos Sorcerer can go +1 off his effort most of the time,same summoning conditions,not that much smaller and he's at 3,and he still has priority to do it.Caius can do it too and in certain decks a lot easier to summon.DAD,Hyperion,hell even a Zaborg will do the same thing(or close enough) and they're all still legal.The point is while the effect is great,it's not the ends all to why BLS is so good,nor is it the reason why he's still banned.

Losing priority will take some wind out of BLS's sails,as well as many other monsters.But it won't do anything to affect why BLS got banned in the first place.He got banned because he was dirt easy to summon and could ended games by himself,having the option to remove was just salt on the wounds he caused.

TL-DR: Losing priority doesn't suddenly make BLS less broken,the main reason he's banned will still be there and anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

He isn't very good at all compared to most cards out right now.

Just saying seeing those twilight turbo builds actually topping would be nice. It is a fun deck to use. Not too sure if he would even be enough.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #20
yomanation
Pojo Veteran

Nothing balanced about removing 1 monster per turn, regardless of position.
yomanation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #21
The zombie guy
Pure awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomanation View Post
Neither is paying 1000 life points to destroy everything or negating 1 spell/trap card a turn or being able to have continuous pluses from synchroing into a level 5 synchro.

I think chaos deserves a boss monster.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 AM   #22
lanoche
Rare Candy

BLS removes it, I Leviair the Sea Dragon.

Broken play I say.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #23
yomanation
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The zombie guy View Post
Neither is paying 1000 life points to destroy everything or negating 1 spell/trap card a turn or being able to have continuous pluses from synchroing into a level 5 synchro.

I think chaos deserves a boss monster.
Shi En is vastly superior to BLS, except he's not splashable. That's the problem with BLS. Too easy to summon.
yomanation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #24
lanoche
Rare Candy

Quote:
Nothing is balanced about this game.

Players are hypocrites themselves, they "want" balance but they also "want" favor for their decks.

This is why I always go "lol it got banned? Whats the next best thing to use that works almost like it."

I never cared about ban list that much I just move on if something gets banned.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Shi En is vastly superior to BLS, except he's not splashable. That's the problem with BLS. Too easy to summon.
Shi En is easy to summon too...

Last edited by lanoche : 08-12-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lanoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #25
Saifullah
Drifting

The power creep of the game is going up again...its making cards like BLS seem mediocre. That's kind of sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pojo Idiots View Post
THIS YUGIOH CARD GENERATES MORE THAN A +0, THEREFORE IT IS ABUSABLE, BANWORTHY, ADDS TO THE POWER CREEP, DEGENERATE, FUELS OTKS, UNFAIR, IMBALANCED, TOO POWERFUL, AND SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saifullah is online now   Reply With Quote