Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Single Card Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Kriyptic

Default What are the chances of getting a Six Samurai : Shi En Synchro in a booster pack?

Whats the chances of getting a Six Samurai: Shi En (hollo or otherwise) Synchro in a Storm of Ragnarok booster pack. My friends and I have won a couple tournaments and gotten atleast 20 booster packs for that and nothing. Thank you!
Kriyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Mark Howard
DFTBA ( ・へ・)

There are 10 ultras at a ratio of 1 in every 12 packs. Therefore, 1 in 120 packs will have Shi En in them.

Then again, if you sold those packs for $2 each, you would be able to buy two Shi Ens for just a few more dollars.
If you wanna look pro, you gotta play like you're a drunk lumberjack. Put your deck sideways, upside-down, diagonal, in the field card zone, outside the mat, on the opponent's mat, HEY! That's what the pros do, man!
Mark Howard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Twilight Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
There are 10 ultras at a ratio of 1 in every 12 packs. Therefore, 1 in 120 packs will have Shi En in them.

Then again, if you sold those packs for $2 each, you would be able to buy two Shi Ens for just a few more dollars.
I actuallly agree with you.

I don't know why anypony would open packs. I always trade/sell mine. If you know what you want its easy to get, just don't go diggin' for it in packs.
Twilight Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
TENKOS777
Support NORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
I actuallly agree with you.

I don't know why anypony would open packs. I always trade/sell mine. If you know what you want its easy to get, just don't go diggin' for it in packs.
This.

I'd sell packs after tourneys unless I win a ****load from a box tourney or something like that. Then I'd have that urge to open them all. But after topping locals...rather make ten bucks then open three/four packs and get jank. Dam low ratios.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Near
Blastoise's my dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
I don't know why anypony
Get out.

On topic, NEVER buy boosters in hope of pulling specific cards. As Mark intelligently put it [for once]
it's a complete waste of money, as booster packs usually are. Particularly considering Shi En is worth like 20-25$ today.
And I sincerely doubt that you'd pull worthy enough stuff from the packs to recoup the cost.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Zeke2d
Ultimate Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
Get out.

On topic, NEVER buy boosters in hope of pulling specific cards. As Mark intelligently put it [for once]
it's a complete waste of money, as booster packs usually are. Particularly considering Shi En is worth like 20-25$ today.
And I sincerely doubt that you'd pull worthy enough stuff from the packs to recoup the cost.
Excatly. You can either buy 4-5 packs ($20-25 worth of packs) and hope to pull a Shi En, or you can just spend $20-25 and buy one as a single. Sure, you'll have 35-44 more cards if you opt for the boosters, but there's a (good) chance you'll pull junk anyways.
Zeke2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
zero
Keikaku Douri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
Get out.

I agree. Buying packs is one of the most fun aspects of the game but if you expect to pull a DAD/POD/WARNING/TOUR GUIDE from it everytime you WILL be disappointed.

So just hope to pull Shapesnatch and mokey mokeys is more then enough.
"It's called Pendulum Summoning you noob"
"Oh. Damn, I feel old"
zero is offline   Reply With Quote