Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Anime Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Kiters
Go with the flow

Kiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of light
Default does anyone else find Yugioh abridged anoying

Ok I understand that the Yugioh abridged Series is supposed to be funny but dose anyone else but me find it kind of anoying, it kind of ruins the original Yugioh for me and I accually like Yugioh otherwise I would not be in this forum lol, I mean you say you like or are a fan of Yugioh then watch something that makes fun of it, it dosen't make any sense and I understand that it's funny but still... I also heard that they also made a Dragonball Z Abridged... seriously that was and still is one of my favorite anime it dose not need an abridged series. Anyway back to Yugioh I would really like to hear your opion on this thread.
Kiters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
CrystalBeast8
Classy Kid

CrystalBeast8 is on a distinguished road

I found it annoying at first until I understood it the jokes.

CrystalBeast8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
Terrorking
Banned User

Terrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant future

The abridged series is great and it's one of the main things that make Yu-Gi-Oh so popular even if the franchise doesn't admit it. The abridged series has attracted many new fans and is the sole reason the original airs on Saturday mornings after being off-air for years.

Long story short, it's just you that finds it annoying. Bro.
Terrorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

leokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita345 View Post
Ok I understand that the Yugioh abridged Series is supposed to be funny but dose anyone else but me find it kind of anoying, it kind of ruins the original Yugioh for me and I accually like Yugioh otherwise I would not be in this forum lol, I mean you say you like or are a fan of Yugioh then watch something that makes fun of it, it dosen't make any sense and I understand that it's funny but still... I also heard that they also made a Dragonball Z Abridged... seriously that was and still is one of my favorite anime it dose not need an abridged series. Anyway back to Yugioh I would really like to hear your opion on this thread.
How can it ruin the original series, it is just a parody series like all abridged series.

My Deviantart Account: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/
leokearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
Brandy Beavers
Surrender

Brandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy Beavers has a reputation beyond repute

While I enjoy the Abridged series for what it is and love it to death, I do find the way the fandom takes it annoying. It makes Duel Monsters much harder to talk about seriously.

For example, any person who makes a post asking a question or trying to dicuss something about Kaiba gets met with the old, used, and abused "Screw the Rules, I have Money" joke by about a thousand different people. It was funny when little Kuriboh did it, and a few variations were pretty clever, but it's not funny anymore. It's the same with ALL of the Abridged series memes.

The Abridged Series is funny, yeah, but it can get goddamn annoying when you can find at least one out of context line in literally every thread.

"But it made YGO popular! D="

Sure, but only as a bigger laughing stock than it already was thanks to the poorly handled spin-offs and the terrible dub. The duel Monsters anime is now almost completely associated with The Abridged Series which breaks down the series with the most quality and turns it into a laughing stock.

All publicity is not good publicity, regardless of what some may think.

/Rant

For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Last edited by Brandy Beavers : 05-29-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Brandy Beavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #6
sd800
Keikaku Dueling

sd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Yugi View Post
While I enjoy the Abridged series for what it is and love it to death, I do find the way the fandom takes it. It makes Duel Monsters much harder to talk about seriously.

For example, any person who makes a post asking a question or trying to dicuss something about Kaiba gets met with the old, used, and abused "Screw the Rules, I have Money" joke by about a thousand different people. It was funny when little Kuriboh did it, and a few variations were pretty clever, but it's not funny anymore. It's the same with ALL of the Abridged series memes.

The Abridged Series is funny, yeah, but it can get goddamn annoying when you can find at least one out of context line in literally every thread.

Sure, but only as a bigger laughing stock than it already was thanks to the poorly handled spin-offs and the terrible dub. The duel Monsters anime is now almost completely associated with The Abridged Series which breaks down the series with the most quality and turns it into a laughing stock.

/Rant

Wow, I had no idea you felt this way about the Abridged Series. I personally loved it, but I can understand how a parody series like this can make it hard to impossible for anyone who hasn't seen the actual series to take the actual series seriously.
sd800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #7
N.Nick
━━━━━

N.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant future

_ _

Last edited by N.Nick : 04-27-2013 at 06:29 AM.
N.Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #8
Kiters
Go with the flow

Kiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of lightKiters is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Yugi View Post
While I enjoy the Abridged series for what it is and love it to death, I do find the way the fandom takes it annoying. It makes Duel Monsters much harder to talk about seriously.

/Rant
So I am not the only one lol that is exactly what I was trying to say in my post but you exlplained it better. I totally agree, Thanks Lil Yugi.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
How can it ruin the original series, it is just a parody series like all abridged series.
yeah I know I guess I was just being a little over dramatic lol still find it anoying though.

Last edited by Kiters : 05-29-2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Kiters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night

Carly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond repute

How you find making fun of the flaws of yugioh series and maybe anime in general while throwing in internet memes and real life stuff annoying ?

Sure it has its moments affecting the population and making it harder to take it seriously but then again its a card game and we don't live in a world where the fate of billions is decided on a single card game.

And it could be worse...stuff like 4kids could have killed yugioh period.
Carly Nagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
TheDarkAngelRocket
Pojo Veteran

TheDarkAngelRocket will become famous soon enough

The Abridged Series simply went downhill after the end of the Mako duel, to be honest. I can understand; it is difficult for people to find any jokes or puns in a series as straightforward as YGO. The entire Battle City finals arc is focused on dueling. It could also be the result of budgeting issues.
TheDarkAngelRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
Vala
Pojo Veteran

Vala is a name known to allVala is a name known to allVala is a name known to allVala is a name known to allVala is a name known to allVala is a name known to all

It was funny to start with.

Now, not so much.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
Terrorking
Banned User

Terrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant futureTerrorking has a brilliant future

For me it's as funny as it was in the beginning.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #13
Kaien
Pojo Veteran

Kaien has a spectacular aura aboutKaien has a spectacular aura about

Its not anoying its just boring, and if you find it anoying then the best advice is: Don't watch.

(If I want to watch something funny I'll watch some hentai.)

Last edited by Kaien : 06-01-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Kaien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
NaniwaTiger
DiaisNotCrash

NaniwaTiger has much to be proud ofNaniwaTiger has much to be proud ofNaniwaTiger has much to be proud ofNaniwaTiger has much to be proud ofNaniwaTiger has much to be proud ofNaniwaTiger has much to be proud ofNaniwaTiger has much to be proud ofNaniwaTiger has much to be proud of

I don't find it annoying.

I find the people who think that randomly screaming the meme's the series produces at any given time is acceptable annoying.

**** those people. Stuff like Card Games on Motorcycles wasn't THAT funny. You're constant repeating of the phrase isn't going to change my opinion.

WS: хорошо.dek
CFV: Fenrir| Dimensional Robo | Victor
NaniwaTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
Silencer
Shrouded Darkness

Silencer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkAngelRocket View Post
The Abridged Series simply went downhill after the end of the Mako duel, to be honest. I can understand; it is difficult for people to find any jokes or puns in a series as straightforward as YGO. The entire Battle City finals arc is focused on dueling. It could also be the result of budgeting issues.
Puns?! You want PUNS?! The entire DUB is FILLED with PUNS!!!

D<

| Trance Dark World: Graphite Sanctum |
*The Right Hand of Lord Grapha
Nihil est verum. Omnia licet.
Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #16
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night

Carly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond reputeCarly Nagisa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang Ironheart View Post
Puns?! You want PUNS?! The entire DUB is FILLED with PUNS!!!

D<
and memes, the series itself in both america and japan can make some mean memes.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
Silencer
Shrouded Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly Nagisa View Post
and memes, the series itself in both america and japan can make some mean memes.
Yeah but Japan doesn't overload YGO or any of their animes with really, really bad puns. 4Trash was WAY too happy with making puns out of these characters. =/

Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #18
sd800
Keikaku Dueling

sd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond reputesd800 has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda found it funny how in GX season 3, dub Sho and dub Amon broke the fourth wall repeatedly, and dub Manjyoume pulled an Abridged Series joke on us with his "getting good in card games is the only thing that matters" or something like that.
sd800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
Silencer
Shrouded Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd800 View Post
I kinda found it funny how in GX season 3, dub Sho and dub Amon broke the fourth wall repeatedly, and dub Manjyoume pulled an Abridged Series joke on us with his "getting good in card games is the only thing that matters" or something like that.
That's because Manjoume is obsessed with the card game for some reason. =/

Old 06-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #20
Rick Dias
RAISE YOUR FLAG

Rick Dias is a splendid one to beholdRick Dias is a splendid one to beholdRick Dias is a splendid one to beholdRick Dias is a splendid one to beholdRick Dias is a splendid one to beholdRick Dias is a splendid one to beholdRick Dias is a splendid one to beholdRick Dias is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang Ironheart View Post
That's because Manjoume is obsessed with the card game for some reason. =/
That's because of his brothers.

Something about dominating the world through Politics, Media, and Duel Monsters or something...

Because if you've got the world of Duel Monsters in your hands...your dreams will come true, or something like that.

Dear Rick: too bad
Dear Sen/Other Mod

My couch is a Gundam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarunoSakura View Post
Get back everyone, his Gundam folds out into a bed!
Rick Dias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #21
Terrorking
Banned User

How can anyone find this annoying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dias View Post
That's because of his brothers.

Something about dominating the world through Politics, Media, and Duel Monsters or something...

Because if you've got the world of Duel Monsters in your hands...your dreams will come true, or something like that.
lol screw religion, if you have business, politics and duel monsters the world is yours tollolololol

Quote:
That was episode 111. I would post the youtube link, but 4Kids took it down, so instead check it out on yugioh wiki. Here's one of my favorite dub moments (favorite in a "lol they actually said that?" kind of way).
Old 06-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
Silencer
Shrouded Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorkingA View Post
How can anyone find this annoying?

lol screw religion, if you have business, politics and duel monsters the world is yours tollolololol

That was episode 111. I would post the youtube link, but 4Kids took it down, so instead check it out on yugioh wiki. Here's one of my favorite dub moments (favorite in a "lol they actually said that?" kind of way).
I can't believe they actually did that.... I never could take that episode seriously...

Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #23
N.Nick
━━━━━

N.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant futureN.Nick has a brilliant future

CardgamesFTW banned again ... its like 4th time this year. *******s!
N.Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #24
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

leokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant future

Quote:
THat was a bad attempt by 4Kids to leech off the abridged series popularity

My Deviantart Account: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/
leokearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #25
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night

when are 4kids's attempts at anything not bad ?