Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Default Gravekeeper's Deck

Let me know if you see any fixes and feel free to rate. Plan on going to locals, regionals and possibly YCS with a deck very similar to this in the near future. Don't plan on springing for dualities or warnings since a single copy of either card cost twice as much as the entire deck as is. Thanks

Have some test plays and a locals report at the bottom.

Total Cards: 40

Monsters: 15

1 The End of Anubis
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
3 Gravekeeper's Commandant
3 Gravekeeper's Descendant
3 Gravekeeper's Recruiter
1 Gravekeeper's Assailant
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
1 Effect Veiler

Spells: 10

3 Necrovalley
2 Gravekeeper's Stele
2 Royal Tribute
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole

Traps: 14

2 Dimensional Prison
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dark Bribe
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Royal Oppression
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Seven Tools of the Bandit

Extra Deck: 15

3 Stardust Dragon
2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Magical Android
1 Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Dark End Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Mist Wurm
1 Armory Arm
1 Black-Winged Dragon

Side Deck: 15

2 Kinetic Soldier
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Puppet Plant
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Soul Release
2 Gozen Match
2 Light Imprisoning Mirror
1 Mind Crush
1 Seven Tools of the Bandit

Thinking of taking out Allure of Darkness because it doesn't add much of any consistancy to the deck as is and often plays out poorly as a top deck. I want to play either Plaguespreader Zombie or Blackwing Gale in it's place. Would that make it too monster heavy? I side out Royal Tribute game 2 and 3 since a lot of decks require the monster side in.

After action Report from Locals 5/1/11
Quote:
Match 1 vs. Beast Burn (baboon burn without Baboon)
Game 1: This was an easy one to face off against round 1. With Descedent taking care of the stall and using it's priority effect to tribute monsters before getting hit by Just Deserts, it was quick. 1-0
Game 2: He sided in spell and trap hate along with Closed Forest, Thunder King, and Shadow Imprisoning Mirror. He drew into a copy of each opening hand. 1-1
Game 3: Couldn't draw into a single descendent and he wouldn't run over my Recruiters. A misplay when he finally summoned Gire Panda, should have let him run over recruiter to get Descendent to clear his backrow of level limit area B and other stall cards. Round loss 1-2
0-1 So far.

Match 2 vs. Absolute Zero w/ Diva DaD and monarchs (Trip Duality)
Game 1: He opened with an all monster hand and drew D-draw, which put him into OTK made. He pulled out DaD, stardust, Absolute zero and stratos. I couldn't respond since I went 2nd. His set up was too strong. 0-1
Game 2: Side in a few cards, don't draw them. I win due to going first and setting up before he could swarm. 2 Absolute zero plays and he put up a good fight. 1-1
Game 3: A very long game with me responding to every play he had. No misplays on either side. Went down to his deck being 2 cards left and I had around 9. I was stalling to deck him out but he played MST to get rid of my Royal Oppression and caused me to use up all my defences, dropping Dark Armed Dragon with a graveyard of 25+ cards. Very lucky late game Top deck. 1-2
0-2 So far

Match 3 vs. Twilight (topped a few YCS's ago)
Game 1:
I open with commandant for Necrovalley, set spy, play valley, set 2 backrow and drop tribute. He had an all monster hand and I had a necro in the pocket. He drew a useless spell and scooped. 1-0
Game 2: I side in Into the Crevice, or something like that. Early Necrovalley and Descendent control kept me ahead. I depleted his resources and took the win. 2-0
1-2 so far

Match 4 vs. ChaosDopplPlants (Experienced player w/ amazing extra)
Game 1: I open fairly well, not tribute but decent. I play slow, using Necrovalley to gain card control. After a long battle in which the only lifepoints I took was 4000 from my own Solemn Judgment, I drop a mid game tribute to take a -3 on his hand. 1-0
Game 2: He sides heavy hate and I side crevice and Gozen Match. I play slow again trying to stop any OTK set up. He using Mind Control to take my only monster and summons effect veiler (which I can't stop w/ bottomless, ect) and I drop the Gozen Match. He destroys my descendent and sets some back row. I continue to mow through his field and he is left with nothing. He manages to destroy Necrovalley and go for a Pot of Avarice, but I remove 2 with crevice and he doesn't have enough targets. 2-0
2-2 so far

Match 5 vs. X-Sabers (Decked out with duality, darksoul, emmersblade)
Game 1:
I open with Royal Oppression and backrow+necrovalley and a spy. I flip Mind Crush and Trap Dustshoot on his opening hand causing a -3 for him. He tries to play slow to eventually destroy oppression, but by then I've got massive field control and hand advantage. 1-0
Game 2: Not sure what he sided, but this was a match made in heaven for me. I opened with a tribute early game causing a -4 in his hand, which he raged and said my the deck was auto-pilot and that tribute is broken (which it isn't, it doesn't hit most decks as hard as it hit his hand). I took the win shortly after. 2-0
3-2 so far.

Match 6 vs. Karikari Machines (Swarm style Synchro)
Game 1:
Don't remember too much besides a machine dupe on the tuner and an attempt at field control that I shut down, descendent took out most of his field and since he didn't play too much backrow, it was an easy win. 1-0
Game 2: Nothing much to say here, easy win agains the deck. It wasn't a control varient. 2-0
4-2 so far

So I ended the day early with a 4-2 at locals. I got a couple of bad hands along the way causing some losses, but overall it played very well being the cheapest deck at the place. Most of everyone was playing 2-3 pots of duality and 2 solemn warnings. I'd say it was successful despite my side deck being heavy hate on Samurai and no sams were being played, which will change next time because I'll scoop out the compitition first.

Other decks I didn't play, but showed up: 2 plant synchro varients which I know I should have been able to beat, 1 anti-meta with Doomcals as such that I would have had a tough time pushing back since it plays the same sort of control my deck does, and a few rogue decks including a scrap deck that was built to abuse Reborn tengu which hadn't hit the circuit officially yet (so he couldn't play it the way he wanted to) and a Fabled deck.

Last edited by stinkylinkz : 05-16-2011 at 10:29 PM.
stinkylinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
Starner30

Get rid of Malific Stardust and add 2 Effect Veiler.
Starner30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #3
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starner30 View Post
Get rid of Malific Stardust and add 2 Effect Veiler.
Reasons? I kinda like the beef of stardust, ease of summoning and his effect to protect my necrovalleys. Most people immediately go for the MST, Dust or lyla when they see valley in order to continue with there deck. With Stardust, they have to get around it and then get rid of Necrovalley. Veiler is something I thought of siding. It adds no field presence which I don't like. Plus, everyone sides the stardusts these days for round 2, why not have them round 1 just in case. Sort of the same reasoning with veiler.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
Dragonfire5587x
null

Take out the Dark Bribes and add 2 Starlight Roads. Believe me, it helps.
Dragonfire5587x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
ishbar

Run 1 Starlight Road, remove Solemn.

Dark Bribe / Royal Oppression cover those, and at a considerably lesser expense to you.

If you take out Mind Crush & / Or Trap Dust Shoot you can add 1-2 Effect Veilers or IMO 1 EV, 1 Plaguespreader Zombie.
ishbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #6
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Made a few changes with the side deck in mind!

Additional Comment:

I don't like suggestions without reasons. It's like saying, "Drop the whole deck and run samurai." Well, yeah, that's a good idea I guess. But why? Sell me on it instead of just throwing out things that I plan on playtesting anyways.

Last edited by stinkylinkz : 04-25-2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #7
AyyOhhLetsGo
I'm not psycho.

-40 cards
+ a Samurai deck.

And uhm...it's Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wescoe
I also realize not everyone wants to play White Weenie all the time in every format, though I don't quite understand why.
AyyOhhLetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #8
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyyOhhLetsGo View Post
-40 cards
+ a Samurai deck.

And uhm...it's Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. xD
Uh, you sure? Cause I like how I wrote it.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:24 AM   #9
AyyOhhLetsGo
I'm not psycho.

Ice Dragon of the Barrier sounds funny.

Quote:
I also realize not everyone wants to play White Weenie all the time in every format, though I don't quite understand why.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Sounds pro.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #11
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrobean View Post
Yaaaaaa autopilot garbage
Scrub? If anyone says there is an autopilot deck then they are just a poor player. Every deck that tops autopilots. Once you start winning it's always going to be one sides
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
Starner30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkylinkz View Post
Reasons? I kinda like the beef of stardust, ease of summoning and his effect to protect my necrovalleys. Most people immediately go for the MST, Dust or lyla when they see valley in order to continue with there deck. With Stardust, they have to get around it and then get rid of Necrovalley. Veiler is something I thought of siding. It adds no field presence which I don't like. Plus, everyone sides the stardusts these days for round 2, why not have them round 1 just in case. Sort of the same reasoning with veiler.
It isn't that I don't think it is a bad card, because it's not. But Effect Veiler is just so nice to have. I don't see why every deck doesn't run it.
Starner30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
Dragonfire5587x
null

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkylinkz View Post
Made a few changes with the side deck in mind!

Additional Comment:

I don't like suggestions without reasons. It's like saying, "Drop the whole deck and run samurai." Well, yeah, that's a good idea I guess. But why? Sell me on it instead of just throwing out things that I plan on playtesting anyways.
Dark Bribe is a -1. Starlight Road isn't.
Dragonfire5587x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
bPhimmasone

Thoughts on Gale? Guard? Upstart?
bPhimmasone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Dark bribe also stops mst, trunade, gold sarc, Call Of The Haunted, Monster Reborn, charge, ect. Starlight Road only hits Dark Hole, judgment, and gyzarus plus a few sprinkled in mass destructions. It's best in the side against big removal decks like gbs.

As for veiler, the only reason I didn't run it is cause I didn't have one. But now I've got 2. So I'll be using those.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
the_fatman

Might wanna drop the 2 Chimeratech Overdragon for 2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon or you might be mad when you side against machines.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #17
AyyOhhLetsGo
I'm not psycho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fatman View Post
Might wanna drop the 2 Chimeratech Overdragon for 2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon or you might be mad when you side against machines.
This, is amazing.

GG Adam.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #18
ishbar

Burden added.
ishbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
JicKie Mames

If you like the effect of Dark Bribe, why not Magic Drains with the Seven Tools you already have? It stops spell cards and they have to discard another spell for it to go through, which gives them a -1 instead of you.
JicKie Mames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyyOhhLetsGo View Post
This, is amazing.

GG Adam.
Fine. Changed my deck up to include the right Chimeratech and the freaking dragon of the ice barrier instead of ice dragon of the barrier.

As for Magic Drain, thought about them. Tried it out. They get hit with catastrophe and dusts
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
PRODIGYX

not to thro away your deck but here is what i ran and it workd NICE!!!

monsters=20
3-descendants
3-spys
3-guard-( for me it always helps further clear the field and gets rid of stardust so your descendants can have fun lol)
3-assailants-( It saves against their beatsticks and spirit reapers now at 2 and low atk monsters in def. position)
3-recruiters
1-comandant-( easy search with rec. and recycle with stele and you run 3 necros so you can draw into them fast via deck thinning)
2-EVs-(like they said it helps against stardusts, monarchs, and other cards like lyla and blackrose)
1-DAD-( this deck controls the grave and recycles like crazy and it can be used as a vanilla beatstick or you can set the feild spell on top of Necrovalley so you can use DADs effect then afterwards flip up Necrovalley)
1-gale-(blackrose the feild if the games isnt goin good)

spells=11
3-necrovalley-( ya we kno why)
3 gravekeeper stele-( max the reusage of the cards to the fullest and helps with dad if ya need to win in a hurry)
2-royal tribute-( back it up with stele and helps swarm with Rite of Spirit, also who doesnt want them to not have any monsters and cant use them)
1-book of moon-( reuse guard, spy, save some of your monsters and stops theirs)
2-MST-( i hate counter cards and it helps keep their field clean)

traps=9
2-compulsoty evac-( its an all around good card with versatility)
3-rite of spirit-(reuse ur gravekeepers and keep up destrustion with descendants AND it can also keep ur grave control if you need DAD)
2-Bottomless-( yea its awsome and wins games lol)
1-mirror force
1-torrential tribute

thats what i run and it has always worked i hope this helped!!!

and experience with gravekeepers comes from many manylocals and free plays and i have used gravekeepers ever since they were released.
PRODIGYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #22
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGYX View Post

3-guard
3-assailants
1-comandant
1-DAD
1-gale

3 gravekeeper stele
2-MST

3-rite of spirit
The deck you suggested was exactly counter to the style I play. Stardust isn't really an issue since I have D-prison, compulsory, book-ect.

I want to look at the differences in our decks and kinda point out why I don't play what you suggested.

1st-20 monsters and Royal Tribute? Half the deck as a target for your own card? Not the best choice.

3 guard seems excessive at best. 1 might be a cool tech, but it's not the best card out there. Cycling spy and recruiters is a much better option with descendant. The +1 and bounce is nice, but he doesn't have as much uses as one might suspect. Only 1 commandant? He is a searcher and the highest attack gravekeeper! You gotta use three of these. DaD is a decent suggestion, but with my monster count it's kinda debatable. He is good for the 2800, but since I plan on having Necrovalley out, he doesn't have much of an effect. The gale is something I might be running pretty soon. He is great to use, but I might also run Plaguespreader Zombie instead since he get's around Necrovalley.

3 stele is personal choice, I was thinking of going that route or siding some. The MSTs are sided since the spell/trap removal isn't as key as negation in this deck since you have descendant. They get sided against dragunity and the likes that might run a few cards to be removed.

3 Rite of Spirit is an interesting choice, you obviously revolve more around the grave than my deck. I am more of the control and slowly hit while you seem to swarm and remove/roll the field with dark arm.

I might try the deck out with some changes, it seems interesting.

And everyone can stop telling me to run effect veiler, I run 2 already in the main. Haha
Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #23
PRODIGYX

im just telling you what i run so it could possilby help. at my locals i face basically everything on the teir list and these area guys kno what they are doing. ever since i finished this build i havnt been beaten yet and this streak has lasted for 2 months of consistant dueling and locals ...ect. but this is what i love about this game....uniqueness.....ive never had troubles with this deck list and thats why i prefer to run it lol
PRODIGYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #24
stinkylinkz
Ragin' like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGYX View Post
im just telling you what i run so it could possilby help. at my locals i face basically everything on the teir list and these area guys kno what they are doing. ever since i finished this build i havnt been beaten yet and this streak has lasted for 2 months of consistant dueling and locals ...ect. but this is what i love about this game....uniqueness.....ive never had troubles with this deck list and thats why i prefer to run it lol
I might try and run something similar sometime. Thanks for the tips.

Additional Comment:

Put Mind Crush into the side to test gale.

Additional Comment:

Tested gale and plague while I was at locals. Not really sure if I like either of them. More into gale than Plaguespreader Zombie though. Wish I had mained him instead. Plague's effect is negligable since the deck doesn't really special summon all that much. Might put in a gold sarc to search out Royal Oppression since that card alone won me 3-4 games. Definitely need to side something for burn though, probably just tuners since I want to synch for blackwinged dragon as soon as possible.

Put up and after action report too. Check it out.

Thanks for the input, I'll be running this next weekend at locals again and possibly at a regionals too. YCS is on my girlfriend's graduation day, so I can't go! Too bad.

Last edited by stinkylinkz : 05-02-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #25
footfoe
Pojo Veteran

good deck, cept Dark Bribe is terrible.

and you should main those mst
footfoe is offline   Reply With Quote