Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
TheProbability

TheProbability is on a distinguished road
Default Junk Doppel Debris

Take your time and suggest. Suggestions will be taken into consideration and it would be nice if you could explain your suggestions.
Please don't just say;
+1 ______
+1 _______
-1 _______
-1 ________

Those comments don't help if you cannot explain why you would make those techs.

Cards for Consideration:
2x Tuning
2x Hyper Librarian or 3x Formula for extra deck

Edit #1: 4/11
-1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (Sided now)
-2 Puppet Plants (From side)
+1 Morphing Jar #2 (To side)
Noticed my extra deck only had 13.
+1 Trishula (When it comes out)
+1 Catastor
+1 Magical Android/Scrap Archfiend/Ancient Fairy Dragon/ Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

March 2011 Deck:

Monsters: 23
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Spirit Reaper
1x Sangan
2x Card Trooper
2x Debris Dragon
2x Junk Synchron
2x Doppelwarrior
1x Effect Veiler
1x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
3x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2x Lonefire Blossom
1x Dandylion
1x Spore
1x Glow-up Bulb

Spells: 11
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
1x Reinforcement of the Army
2x Pot of Avarice
1x Monster Reborn
1x One for One
1x Dark Hole
1x Foolish Burial
1x Giant Trunade
2x Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: 6
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Trap Stun
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Call Of The Haunted
1x Limit Reverse

Extra Deck: 15
1x Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Colossal Fighter
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Arcanite Magician
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Iron Chain Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Frozen Fitzgerald
1x TG Hyper Librarian
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Armory Arm
2x Formula Synchron
1x (Free Space open to any synchro that is suggested; for now will either be Magical Android/Ancient Fairy Dragon/Scrap Archfiend/ Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier)

Side Deck: 15
2x D.D. Crow
1x Morphing Jar #2
2x Snowman Eater
2x Cyber Dragon
1x Nobleman of Crossout
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Malevolent Catastrophe
1x Chain Disappearance
1x Mind Crush
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Things I would like to change:
- Have a Trish added into the extra deck. Don't know how to change it so it will fit.
- Fit an Ancient Fairy Dragon into the extra deck.
- Making the deck more consistent/reliable. Sometimes I just don't get what I need for more than 5 turns and it doesn't really appeal to me.
- Cleaning the side deck so that it will fit for almost every meta-deck.

Open to all suggestions, just remember to explain your changes. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by TheProbability : 04-12-2011 at 12:48 AM.
TheProbability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
BlazeKnight7

BlazeKnight7 is on a distinguished road

Deck looks good, however I'd suggest moving Chimeratech to the side deck and adding Shooting Star Dragon to the extra deck, He's a great card and since your playing stardust and 2 formula, why not use him? also in terms of side, I would actually say switch the Puppet Plants for Kenetic Solders. They are much more useful against six sams than the puppet plants, Puppet Plant might not even work sometimes, You can always set Kenetic Soilder then when they try and attack it they take a crapload of damage, then you switch it to attack and tear them apart
BlazeKnight7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
sil3ntxthund3r

sil3ntxthund3r is on a distinguished road

A lot of the successful japanese builds run three junk synchrons and three tunings as well as the rota.
sil3ntxthund3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
TheProbability

Blaze, what card should I take out of my side to fit Chimeratech in?

Sil3nt, what cards should I take out? I'm not sure if I could fit tuning in with only three targets, also, should I add a quickdraw in and make it more warrior-based. (Synchros)

I've thought about kinetic soldiers, used to run two of those and 1 Puppet Plant, but I don't like giving up my normal summon for defense. I might try them again, but puppet plants makes me dump it for Spore/black rose abuse also.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
mikeholland
Pojo Veteran

mikeholland is on a distinguished road

the best side deck card against sams in my opinion is Morphing Jar #2
if that goes off, theyll lose

the deck looks pretty solid. i would probably -1 foolish and -1 One for One since theyre abhorent cards as far as hand control goes, and +1 Spirit Reaper and +1 veiler. veiler is just too good in this deck to ignore, and reaper brings a defence that is synergy with debris, chaos sorcs, and low trap count
also if youre having trouble with your chaos sorcs you could try Marshmallon since its basically a light version of Spirit Reaper. Spirit Reaper can give plusses but that 1000 life Marshmallon inflicts could be game changing..
id think about it

and just commenting on the "3 tuning" thing
i was running 3 tuning, and in some ways it was great, but in some ways it wasnt. for now, i think 0-1 tunings and the Reinforcement of the Army is fine. but once librarian comes i think serious consideration should be given to 1-3 tunings since junk will increase 10x in power

Last edited by mikeholland : 04-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.
mikeholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
TheProbability

Wow haha, Morphing Jar is definitely a good card.
Should I take away my puppet plants and have that sided with maybe a third catastrophe?

I could take out One for One, but I think foolish should be left because I have Dandy/Spore/Glow-Up to throw out or if it's late game, then I could use it to ditch a ryko and summon Junk Synchron to make a Frozen Fitzgerald.

I've tried double Spirit Reaper, I don't like him that much. He saves me one in a while, but if I have them against gbs, nothing but pop fodder for Brio if I can manage to get him out and use his effect.

As for the veiler, I might try 2, it's just because my friend runs a macro deck, veiler is usually dead to me when I draw him game one. I just don't want to be screwed by other decks. Also, another point was that sometimes I keep drawing into one star tuners. One time I drew glow-up, veiler, and Spore one after another haha. I have a tendency to do that, I don't know how but I don't want to keep drawing into dead cards.
Tunings? Should I try to fit two when librarian comes out?

Just remember I could fit my Chimeratech in.
If I move Chimera to side, what should I put in for my last space? A Gungnir? or Trish if I can get my hands on one? xD

Last edited by TheProbability : 04-11-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
mikeholland
Pojo Veteran

ahh ok fair enough.
there is absolutely nothing wrong with adapting to your area, but i think you should maybe just side the veilers out when you play against him? atleast if youre being competitive. this deck would have a very very bad matchup against rfp decks.. so im with you on alot of the points

and personally, siding 3 malevolent catastrophes has been really really good for me.

i was against a 1k$ gravekeeper deck this weekend, and the 3 malev cats i sided in were the difference game 2 and 3. if you use the lightsworns with ryko and lyla, the decks matchup against gravekeepers isnt terrible honestly since youve got like 8-9 outs in the main deck to pop it.

but when you play 3 malev catastrophes it just changes the game. the first one will always catch them off guard, and if you set a dead card from your hand with the second one, it will catch them off guard again.

something i like to do is set like a random useless avarice with my malev cats, that way theyll think "why would he set another card if hes got malev?" and theyll walk into it.

another thing i like to do is to set 2 malev, that way if they do pop 1 of your backrow, theyll think theyre safe.

the gravekeepers squeeked out a win by decking me out in my first game against them, but game 2 and 3 it was domination from start to finish. they stalled out a bit and tried to come back, but they just cant.. the deck doesnt function without massive backrow. even if they manage to re set 1-2 backrow mainphase 2, its nothing to just Chaos Sorcerer into a bottomless and then push with a Junk Synchron play
Old 04-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
poindexter39

poindexter39 is on a distinguished road

great idea mikeholland i myself have been using 2 morophing jar 2s in my side deck for ages, so much better than fossil dyna against sams
poindexter39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
TheProbability

Is there anyway I can change my extra deck to include Trishula?

Also, would be nice if anyone can fit gungnir in there also haha. Bought one but haven't used it's effect fully since debris went to 2. (Macro ruins it)
Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Location: Waynesboro PA. Decks: Not right now. Currently on a break!!!
MeddlingMage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProbability View Post
Is there anyway I can change my extra deck to include Trishula?

Also, would be nice if anyone can fit gungnir in there also haha. Bought one but haven't used it's effect fully since debris went to 2. (Macro ruins it)
There is a way for you to fit Trishula in your extra deck, but you are going to have to move Chimeratech Fortress Dragon to the side deck.
MeddlingMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #11
TheProbability

Noticed my extra deck had only 13 cards, just editted so I have 15 now.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #12
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Location: Waynesboro PA. Decks: Not right now. Currently on a break!!!
MeddlingMage is on a distinguished road

Just make that final extra deck spot go to Shooting Star Dragon. For some odd reason, I always win when I summon that card.
MeddlingMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
TheProbability

There are a lot of ways of getting rid of shooting star. Sometimes when I over-extend to get shooting star, he can help me win, but usually he's gone from the field like two turns after I summon him. There are too many ways of getting around him now. I don't want to over-extend and lose a card I spent a lot of resources on which could cause me game.

Also, from looking at OCG decks, they don't even run shooting star. Should I really include him and why? I lose field advantage with him, the only plus I could get from him is the one to my hand. If it only takes 2-3 cards to get rid of him, there are no pluses for me unless I can keep him on the field longer than 3 turns.

Any other suggestions to the last synchro spot?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
peaced01
Walk It Off ...

peaced01 is on a distinguished road

-1 Gorz
+1 Trag

if you ever get Call Of The Haunted or Limit Reverse stuck on the field , gorz is stuck in your hand .
peaced01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #15
TheProbability

I used to prefer trag, but with doppel, my hand advantage goes quickly from a lot to nothing haha. I usually have a maximum of 4 cards in my hand unless I POA.

I could also use Limit Reverse/Call Of The Haunted to my advantage. I could use Scrap Dragon to pop them or Giant Trunade for another round of COTH/Limit Reverse.

Also, if I have to side Malevolent Catastrophe, it wipes out my field too so I don't have to worry about them being stuck, I usually get Gorz out 8-10/10 times I draw into him.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #16
mikeholland
Pojo Veteran

yeah gorz is really good in this deck
Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
TheProbability

Bump!!

If anyone could help me fit Allure of Darkness in, it would be great. I wouldn't mind running more darks, just tell me what ones to fit in. I might run a plaguespreader, and fit a zeph from the new Duelist Pack Crow.

Aside from that, should I run 3 formulas? I make 2 very quickly, and I was wondering if running three would be a good idea.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:37 AM   #18
SaiKun
Learning the Ropes

SaiKun is on a distinguished road

Hmm why Debris Dragon? try Quickdraw + Level Eater
SaiKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
TheProbability

Why Debris Dragon?.... It makes trish easily now that it's out. Mixed with doppel, Debris pull back Dandy special summon doppel, sync for trish and have 2-4 tokens depending on if you want the doppel tokens.

Quickdraw + Level Eater maybe when I get tunings, but there is no room for the synchros needed unless someone can help me cut some out for the warrior synchros. (Drill/Nitro/Destroyer)
Old 04-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #20
Jembob
§~PaRaNoIa VeTeRaN~§

Jembob is on a distinguished road

I recommend removing Foolish Burial and placing in a Mind Control. With 7 Tuners and 8 ways of bringing Tuners back from the graveyard (Junk Warrior, Debris Dragon, Monster Reborn, Call Of The Haunted, Limit Reverse).

You have 15 way to abuse a card that could potentially lead to some heavy advantage or opening your opponent up for a game winning blow.

Not to mention, you are running 7 cards that are milling 3 cards every time their effects for milling go off. That's potential of 21 cards being milled. I understand why you have Foolish Burial, but it's not needed. All in all, however, it's a fairly standard build for Doppel Dandy and it's going to be a tier 1 deck winning tournaments left and right soon enough.
Jembob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
TheProbability

Foolish might be taken out, I see what you mean.

Anyways, should I fit a dark engine? Allure of Darkness + more darks for draw power? I was thinking of a third Junk Synchron, Tragoedia, 1-2 Caius's, or even DAD. Is there anything else I could use for draw power besides the librarian engine and POA? I don't think POD would fit because I special summon almost every turn.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
Jembob
§~PaRaNoIa VeTeRaN~§

Jembob is on a distinguished road

Don't forget, you also have Formula Synchron too for drawing. It is its own personal draw engine, especially if you recycle with Pot of Avarice.

I think you're fine with the draw power you have. Though I would recommend trying to fit in a third Junk Synchron. He is so good. Quite possibly one of the best top decks this deck can have middle-to-late game.

Also, IMO, I think you have way, way, way too much milling going on. I would recommend taking out 1 Card Trooper for a 3rd Junk Synchron. Reason being, Card Trooper's milling ability is usable not only when he comes out, but if you summon him from Debris Dragon. Debris negates effects, but not cost of effects, so you would still mill 3.

I think you can do with 1 Trooper for a 3rd Synchron.
Jembob is offline   Reply With Quote