Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Anime Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default Yu-Gi-Oh GX Season 4 Dubbed after 5D's?

I may or may not have some good news. As we all know, Season 4 of GX was never dubbed because 5D's was Konami's top priority. However, I heard that since 5D's is all but over, that after it ends, Konami will be dubbing season 4 of GX before going into Zexal. I don't know if this was true or not, but I wanted to see if someone could give me some kind of insight as to if it is.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Limitations
Miracle Gate
 
Limitations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,305
iTrader: 16 (100%)
Limitations is on a distinguished road
Default

Source on this?
Limitations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default

Something I heard from a friend. He's the kind of guy whose sources generally seem to be reliable. Think he got it from a thread right here.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Yuikiko
Registered User
 
Yuikiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nowhere special, obviously
Posts: 162
iTrader: 0
Yuikiko is on a distinguished road
Default

You sure your friend isn't lying?
Yuikiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default

Pretty sure.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
catking5
Who ya gonna call?
 
catking5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,013
iTrader: 0
catking5 is on a distinguished road
Default

I would love this. (Not really, I would like this and Zexal at the same time though !
__________________
Magic Stats:
Nothing Important Yet (Below Average on MTGO)

Note: I only play MTGO and Cockatrice. Saves money and I can play more often.
catking5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm a diehard GX fan, I would love this.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
63cohen
Pojo Veteran
 
63cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,363
iTrader: 0
63cohen is on a distinguished road
Default

He is getting his source wrong. It is fake.

Additional Comment:

Zexal is after 5Ds. Shane Guenego (dub producer) has already been said (by Greg Abbey) to have gone to Japan to see the movie, viewing the Zexal preview. Nothing about GX ...
__________________
"No one could tell me where my soul might be; I searched for God, but He eluded me; I sought my brother out and found all three" - Poet Howard Crosby

ΑΕΠ, Brothers For Life

Last edited by 63cohen : 03-06-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
63cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Lord Vegeta
Fourth Wholockian
 
Lord Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom, Gallifrey
Age: 26
Posts: 2,078
iTrader: 0
Lord Vegeta is on a distinguished road
Default

Matthew Charles is still at 4kids so he could do jaden yuki again, also dan green for the final duel between jaden vs yugi duel.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toriyama Movies
What is your personal stance on Dragon Ball’s theatrical films, Sensei?
I take the movies as “stories in a different dimension from the main story of the manga”. I’m entirely just an audience member for them. I check the plot and script that gets sent to me from Toei Animation. You're classed as mentally ill, if you claim your opinions as facts.
Lord Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
63cohen
Pojo Veteran
 
63cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,363
iTrader: 0
63cohen is on a distinguished road
Default

When asked just 6 hours ago, 4kids said this,

"This is currently not scheduled."

meaning never.
__________________
"No one could tell me where my soul might be; I searched for God, but He eluded me; I sought my brother out and found all three" - Poet Howard Crosby

ΑΕΠ, Brothers For Life
63cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night
 
Carly Nagisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ?
Age: 26
Posts: 14,427
iTrader: 0
Carly Nagisa has a spectacular aura aboutCarly Nagisa has a spectacular aura aboutCarly Nagisa has a spectacular aura about
Default

When will people learn that Gx season four will NEVER be dubbed otherwise they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making season 3 look like the finally.
__________________
Dear Pojo: 500x125 is a stupid sig size and 30kb is far too small. We are so done professionally. Sincerely: Kamen Rider Eternal/Super Carly of the Time Police

Light Prophecy GishkiConstellars Psychic Fire FistDark Prophecy
Carly Nagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Sora444
Registered User
 
Sora444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 22
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Sora444 is on a distinguished road
Default

Weren't they planning on subbing Season 4 instead?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonD-END
Somebody kidnap Al Khan, then tell his family he fell off a 10-story building and was sent to the shadow realm and see what they say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarikku
I thought the biggest problem was that it was 7 episodes. One episode of cowboy-related filler, sure, why not? About two months of cowboy-related filler? Yeah... no thanks.
Sora444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #13
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenmarioman View Post
He is getting his source wrong. It is fake.

Additional Comment:

Zexal is after 5Ds. Shane Guenego (dub producer) has already been said (by Greg Abbey) to have gone to Japan to see the movie, viewing the Zexal preview. Nothing about GX ...
Can we actually consider the possibility of this and not the quality of the source for a second please. Why would the last official episode of season 3 of GX be in Japanese, with the rest of the season being in English. 4KIDS said they didn't have any immediate plans to dub it in the future. That doesn't equal 'they'll never do it.' It would probably be called the 'Lost Episodes' or something.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #14
63cohen
Pojo Veteran
 
63cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,363
iTrader: 0
63cohen is on a distinguished road
Default

But the point is that any source is wrong because there is no possibility.
__________________
"No one could tell me where my soul might be; I searched for God, but He eluded me; I sought my brother out and found all three" - Poet Howard Crosby

ΑΕΠ, Brothers For Life
63cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default

You say this, but it could be a project 4KIDS gets around to much later in the future. Maybe not as soon as we want, but it could happen someday.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
63cohen
Pojo Veteran
 
63cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,363
iTrader: 0
63cohen is on a distinguished road
Default

4kids as said by Greg Abbey, "Once it is done, it is done" implying 4kids never goes back to things from the past.
__________________
"No one could tell me where my soul might be; I searched for God, but He eluded me; I sought my brother out and found all three" - Poet Howard Crosby

ΑΕΠ, Brothers For Life
63cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default

Update: Got my facts wrong. Turns out it won't be before Zexal. Since the 5D's dub is pretty much caught up, they're going to air a couple of episodes of Zexal first, then go back and dub season 4.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #18
Vic Viper TW01
SHOOT THE CORE!!!
 
Vic Viper TW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 3,527
iTrader: 0
Vic Viper TW01 is on a distinguished road
Default

If they're going to dub Zexal, they're going to do an entire season, not just a couple episodes.
By then Zexal may have caught on enough to continue on to the next seasons, and the next series thereafter... by the time they may get around to dubbing GX S4, 4Kids target audience will have moved on. No target audience = no dub...

Last edited by Vic Viper TW01 : 03-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Vic Viper TW01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
sirbj
B.B. Liberator
 
sirbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: C-town, MO
Age: 26
Posts: 1,502
iTrader: 0
sirbj is on a distinguished road
Default

I dont think Gx Season 4 Dub is happening...
sirbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #20
63cohen
Pojo Veteran
 
63cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,363
iTrader: 0
63cohen is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper017 View Post
Update: Got my facts wrong. Turns out it won't be before Zexal. Since the 5D's dub is pretty much caught up, they're going to air a couple of episodes of Zexal first, then go back and dub season 4.
Your source is flat out wrong

Additional Comment:

In fact, why not post to the source
__________________
"No one could tell me where my soul might be; I searched for God, but He eluded me; I sought my brother out and found all three" - Poet Howard Crosby

ΑΕΠ, Brothers For Life

Last edited by 63cohen : 03-08-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
63cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #21
viper017
Pojo Veteran
 
viper017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 803
iTrader: 0
viper017 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenmarioman View Post
Your source is flat out wrong

Additional Comment:

In fact, why not post to the source
If you must know, I heard it on the fish thread. Popular rumor going around. Never said it was true. Wanted to know if it was true or not. Gosh. Calm down.
viper017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #22
63cohen
Pojo Veteran
 
63cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,363
iTrader: 0
63cohen is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, whenever you claim something is true, you gotta back it up. This is from the 4kids forums, from a mod who works and gets paid by 4kids.

http://forums.4kids.tv/showpost.php?...87&postcount=6

She implies Zexal may be in the Fall. What would be of GX? Absolutely nothing. 4kids doesn't have the finance anymore to fund that many properties, especially since one would have been 5 years out of date.

Additional Comment:

I am a big suspect of September 17 being the premier of Zexal (a dream said the 17th, and luck had it that it was a Saturday)
__________________
"No one could tell me where my soul might be; I searched for God, but He eluded me; I sought my brother out and found all three" - Poet Howard Crosby

ΑΕΠ, Brothers For Life

Last edited by 63cohen : 03-08-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
63cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #23
Eatos Supreme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 57
iTrader: 0
Eatos Supreme is on a distinguished road
Default

cohenmarioman sees the future of card games.
Eatos Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
63cohen
Pojo Veteran
 
63cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,363
iTrader: 0
63cohen is on a distinguished road
Default

I have always wanted to change that to 63cohen ...
__________________
"No one could tell me where my soul might be; I searched for God, but He eluded me; I sought my brother out and found all three" - Poet Howard Crosby

ΑΕΠ, Brothers For Life
63cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
Renders
Frost King
 
Renders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: on a deserted island
Age: 24
Posts: 3,243
iTrader: 0
Renders is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm still hoping gx season 4 gets dubbed one day
Renders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.