Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
CrvyloOo

CrvyloOo is on a distinguished road
Default Gem-Knight deck building

I've been working on a Gem-Knight deck, and it's been going pretty well. I just can't find a way to cut the deck down to at least forty. Here's the deck so far:

Monsters
Gem-Knight Crystal
Gem-Knight Garnet x3
Gem-Knight Sapphire x3
Gem-Knight Tourmaline x3
Elemental Hero Prisma
Gem-Armadillo
Gem-Knight Alexandrite x2
Gem-Knight Emerald x2
Gem-Turtle x2
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Extra Deck
Elemental Hero Gaia
Evil Hero Dark Gaia
Gem-Knight Aquamarine x2
Gem-Knight Citrine x2
Gem-Knight Prism Aura X3
Gem-Knight Ruby x3
Gem-Knight Topaz x3

Magic
Burden of the Mighty x2
D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation x2
Dark Calling
Dark Factory of Mass Production x2
Dark Hole
Fusion Gate
Fusion Weapon x2
Future Fusion
Gem-Knight Fusion x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Swords of Revealing Light

Traps
Common Charity
Mirror Force
Pyroxene Fusion
Return from the Different Dimension
Solemn Warning
Torrential Tribute

That's 43 cards.

Last edited by CrvyloOo : 03-07-2011 at 12:33 AM.
CrvyloOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Aarikku will become famous soon enoughAarikku will become famous soon enough

I don't have much experience with the theme; I only messed around with them a bit in Tag Force. But... I'd recommend taking out Burden of the Mighty, Fusion Gate, Swords of Revealing Light and Dark Calling. You NEED to draw Gorz or Future Fusion to use Dark Calling, so it's probably inconsistent. Burden is a good card, but it doesn't do much in here different than any other deck. And Fusion Gate goes against your RFG-based cards like Gem-Knight Fusion.

With those fixes, you could probably also ditch Prisma and Gorz for extras of your favourite Gems. I'm a big fan of Armadillo.
Aarikku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
CrvyloOo

I added the Burden's because the Gem-Knights simply don't have enough power to back them up. Fusion Weapon is only so good, you know? And I really liked the idea of mixing heroes with the Gem-Knights... Fusion Gate was there for regular Gaia, maybe I should cut it to one? I don't know, one seemed to be too risky to not draw, and like I said, I REALLY like mixing them. And you're right about Dark Calling, it is unnecessary with Future Fusion.

Also, I was thinking about maybe getting rid of Burial from a Different Dimension? Since I rely on removing a bit more..

Last edited by CrvyloOo : 03-06-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Yes, they're all good cards, but you need to remove SOMETHING. And from the looks of the deck, what you remove has to be Spells. Can't be Gem-Knight Fusion. Shouldn't be Dark Factory of Mass Production (though you could probably go down to 2). D.D.R is really good here; Dark Hole and MST are nigh mandatory... so, yeah. Most of the remaining cards are good cards that, IMO, you just don't have room for.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
CrvyloOo

I was thinking about putting the Factory down to 2, and you're definitely right. But what's your opinion on Burial from a Different Dimension?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
ChaosSoldier -B-
Gemknight Maniac

ChaosSoldier -B- is on a distinguished road

Eeesh; nice deck but nothing to say cuz my build is sorta different from yours
ChaosSoldier -B- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
synshadows

synshadows is on a distinguished road

its okay, but in my opinion, your missing one of my favorite gem monsters because he can be ran by three while kalut and honest is at 2. And he is... gem Merchant. he gives 1000atk and def to your gems. What is there not to love? Also, especially for gems, I dont like cards that remove them. As there are many ways to recycle your downed hero's, i dont think that is necessary. If you absolutely need draw power, try using white elephants gift. It is the same but you dont remove your monster. Also, when using gem knights, I like to have saphire at 2. Although its a good wall, the fusion it makes isn't really all that great. Better to add one more alexandriate. Trap and spell wise need to change. RFTDD is pretty bad. unless your target is an alexandriate i wouldn't run it. instead of 2 of that, run 1 burial from the different dimension. Also to the comment that they dont have enough attack power.... why do you think you run gem merchants?? they are gem knight's honest. but can be ran in 3's. id say run it. Also, if you consider running merchants, run a Sangan, as it will help you search for a sapphire, turtle, and merchant. I really do like the archtype. I wish it got released to the tcg already >.<
synshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Gem-Merchant is extremely unpopular on the Discussion Thread. I'm really not sure why; I like the card too.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
ChaosSoldier -B-
Gemknight Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarikku View Post
Gem-Merchant is extremely unpopular on the Discussion Thread. I'm really not sure why; I like the card too.
Read the text lol. It should've been like "gemknight monsters" not some dumb "EARTH normal monsters".
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
synshadows

synshadows is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSoldier -B- View Post
Read the text lol. It should've been like "gemknight monsters" not some dumb "EARTH normal monsters".
Well, if you look at some of the gem knights, they are dumb normal monsters. Since you do have 8 targets, (sapphire, tourmaline and Garnet) it makes sense why. If you look at E- Hero beat decks, there are only a few targets that could be used with honest. with gemknights, if you add merchant, you have a monster that can take down most synchros. though ill agree that it has a miserable amount of targets, MErchant is a really good tech. Especially since some of their fusions have pitiful attack points (looking at you aquamarine only 1400 atk points, and you topaz, 1800 atk points) merchant is a huge boost for the vanilla knights, because i assure you there are times when you wish you could use the extra 1k boost. But thats just my opinion =) overall i think gem knights are a good deck. They need better fusions though...
synshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
ChaosSoldier -B-
Gemknight Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by synshadows View Post
Well, if you look at some of the gem knights, they are dumb normal monsters. Since you do have 8 targets, (sapphire, tourmaline and Garnet) it makes sense why. If you look at E- Hero beat decks, there are only a few targets that could be used with honest. with gemknights, if you add merchant, you have a monster that can take down most synchros. though ill agree that it has a miserable amount of targets, MErchant is a really good tech. Especially since some of their fusions have pitiful attack points (looking at you aquamarine only 1400 atk points, and you topaz, 1800 atk points) merchant is a huge boost for the vanilla knights, because i assure you there are times when you wish you could use the extra 1k boost. But thats just my opinion =) overall i think gem knights are a good deck. They need better fusions though...
That's why I am running Gemknight Stun. Removal cards cover those pitiful low combat stats. We also have Prism Aura to blast out tough synchro monsters.
Of course, it is difficult to deal with Stardust Dragon, so I tech Dimension Prisons along with Karma Cuts
Old 08-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
Mehulk19
Pojo Newbie

Mehulk19 is on a distinguished road
Default Here is my deck that i use on **************.com and it works sometimes

Monsters:

Morphing Jar x 1
Gem Armadillo x 3
Gem Turtle x 3
Rescue Rabbit x 2
Gem-Knight Alexandrite x 1
Gem-Knight Emerald x 1
Gem-Knight Amber x 2
Gem-Knight Iolite x 2
Gem-Knight Obsidian x 2
Gem-Knight Garnet x 2
Gem-Knight Crystal x 2
Gem-Knight Sapphire x 2
Gem-Knight Tourmaline x 2

Spell:

Mystical Space Typhoon x 1
Monster Reborn x 1
Burial from a Different Dimension x 1
Future Fusion x 1
Double Summon x 2
Pot of Avarice x 2
Gemini Spark x 2
Particle Fusion x 2
Gem-Knight Fusion x 2
Different Dimension Capsule x 1
Xyz Gift x 2

Trap:

Magic Cylinder x 1
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow x 1
Pyroxene Fusion x 2
Dark Bribe x 2
Gem-Enhancement x 2

Extra deck:

Gem-Knight Amethys x 2
Gem-Knight Aquamarine x 2
Gem-Knight Citrine x 2
Gem-Knight Prism Aura x 2
Gem-Knight Ruby x 2
Gem-Knight Topaz x 2
Gem-Knight Pearl x 3

its an Xyz gem-knight deck. plenty of level 4's to pull it off and since Pearl has no eff to detach materials Xyz gift is great for draw power. Rescue rabbit is actually helpful and Different Dimension Capsule gives your opponent a nice surprise since it Removes From Game face down. Burial from a Different Dimension is perfect for Gem-Knight fusion so you can keep removing the same cards for it to come back to hand. sadly the legal amount for that card is only 1 per deck. i have been trying to think of ways to give it better draw power. any ideas?

edit: replacing 1 Pot of Avarice and 1 Future Fusion with White Elephant's Gift and seeing how it works. again let me know your opinions

Last edited by Mehulk19 : 08-16-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Mehulk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
Anonymo

Anonymo is on a distinguished road
Smile

Will Gem-Knight Pearl ever be TCG :O do certain archetypes stay OCG or do they all eventually arrive?

I play Dark Worlds and Hieratics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazu View Post
Basically. When people see something that they are not familiar with it is just human nature to start bashing it mindlessly. You just sorta have to put up with other people doing it. Trying to open up other people's will just cause even more hate. Believe me, I've tried it.
Anonymo is offline   Reply With Quote