Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Zyphel Chaos
~Strategist~

Default Naturia Cherries Vs Creature swap

Simple, naturia cherries says "when destroyed by an opponent's card..." How would it work with Creature Swap.

Do I need to destroy them with the monster the opponent gave me since it's their card? Or since I'm considered the opponent at the time, it doesn't matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosh
A Delinquent Duo thread? What the hell?! What moron would-oh wait, OP is Avarrs. Nothing to see here guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raising Toast View Post
Lol at this argument being based on Faith. It's like 2 religious cults having a battle royale over who has the best imaginary friend.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Blue Eyes Guardian
Pojo Veteran

If given to your opponent via Creature Swap its now there monster so by you destroying it or attacking it with a monster it will go to your graveyard and you will get the effect of it
Old 12-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
Key_
─═╬ Δ Đ ⊙ Я ﻪ ß ╚

No, neither player gets the effect of Naturia Cherries.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Blue Eyes Guardian
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeytheTarget View Post
No, neither player gets the effect of Naturia Cherries.
I believe Cherries works the same as Sangan/Searchers in that if its Creature Swapped and then destroyed and sent to its owners graveyard then the effect of Cherries activates to give you up too 2 Cherries face-down.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
Key_
─═╬ Δ Đ ⊙ Я ﻪ ß ╚

Does Sangan require your opponent to send it to the grave? No.
If you look at the ruling for Darksoul, then you know what I'm talking about
Old 12-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
catking5
Who ya gonna call?

Well it checks to see who the card belongs to that destroyed it. Scrap Dragon would support this because if an opponent mind controls it and makes it self destruct with it's effect it does not get to special a scrap due to your card being the one that destroyed it.

Note: I only play MTGO and Cockatrice. Saves money and I can play more often.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
Zyphel Chaos
~Strategist~

Vayu and quickdraw have very similar, if not Identical effects. But one can be negated and one cant. So comparing rulings doesn't work. Each card has their own rulings.

For example, if you Pot of Avarice and the opponent uses veiler on one of them, you don't do anything, whereas if you use double cyclone and the opponent destroys one of the targeted cards first, cyclone still destroys the remaining target.

Comparing rulings is a mistake, unless it is the exact same effect. And no card has naturia cherries' exact effect (rat, tomato, angel etc)

Quote:
A Delinquent Duo thread? What the hell?! What moron would-oh wait, OP is Avarrs. Nothing to see here guys.
Quote:
Lol at this argument being based on Faith. It's like 2 religious cults having a battle royale over who has the best imaginary friend.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #8
Jingrock
NTR Emperor

... haha wat?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
Zyphel Chaos
~Strategist~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingrock View Post
... haha wat?
Cards can have an almost identical effect, but very different rulings.

I don't want a comparison of two cards, I want an official ruling.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
D_Dasher
Radiant Harbinger

Naturia Cherries need to be under its owners control on the field when sent to the graveyard in order to activate its effect. Its rulings mention this.

It's just like Wattfox, Vampire Lord, Grandmaster of the Six Samurai, and Lightning Bicorn in this respect.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #11
Zyphel Chaos
~Strategist~

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Dasher View Post
Naturia Cherries need to be under its owners control on the field when sent to the graveyard in order to activate its effect. Its rulings mention this.

It's just like Wattfox, Vampire Lord, Grandmaster of the Six Samurai, and Lightning Bicorn in this respect.
That is what I wanted to hear. An official ruling, thank you very much.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
Key_
─═╬ Δ Đ ⊙ Я ﻪ ß ╚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphel Chaos View Post
Vayu and quickdraw have very similar, if not Identical effects. But one can be negated and one cant. So comparing rulings doesn't work. Each card has their own rulings.
This is because you're comparing 2 wrong cards, if anything, you're suppose to compare Quickdraw Synchron with Debris Dragon.
As a matter of fact, Vayu is the 1 exception that doesn't work like the rest, so you just had to pull him out and compare.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #13
Zyphel Chaos
~Strategist~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeytheTarget View Post
This is because you're comparing 2 wrong cards, if anything, you're suppose to compare Quickdraw Synchron with Debris Dragon.
As a matter of fact, Vayu is the 1 exception that doesn't work like the rest, so you just had to pull him out and compare.
No, it was just the first cards that came to my mind that I've heard people complain a lot about them. And no, it wasn't a wrong comparison...

"This card cannot be used a synchro material monster except..."
And
"while this card is face up on the field, it cannot be used for a synchro summon..."

Both seem to work very similar, but quickdraw got ruled as a condition, and vayu as an effect.

In my opinion, vayu should work like quickdraw, but that's another subject.

I got the answer I was looking for.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
Key_
─═╬ Δ Đ ⊙ Я ﻪ ß ╚

I don't want to be in an argument, nor do I want to start one.
However, you got the answer when I posted, but you were doubting on me.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #15
Reapex
Eats People

"when destroyed by an opponent's card"

If your opponent controls it, and you destroy it and send it to your graveyard, then it is considered destroyed by YOUR card, not your opponent's.

Same with Scrap Dragons.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
Regigold
Complete

I guess that makes Cherries a no-no for your Ratbox then
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #17
strikemasterice
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Simple, naturia cherries says "when destroyed by an opponent's card..." How would it work with Creature Swap...
Quote:

For example, if you Pot of Avarice and the opponent uses veiler on one of them, you don't do anything, whereas if you use double cyclone and the opponent destroys one of the targeted cards first, cyclone still destroys the remaining target.

Comparing rulings is a mistake, unless it is the exact same effect. And no card has naturia cherries' exact effect (rat, tomato, angel etc)
Quote:
Cards can have an almost identical effect, but very different rulings.

I don't want a comparison of two cards, I want an official ruling.
Quote:
No, it was just the first cards that came to my mind that I've heard people complain a lot about them. And no, it wasn't a wrong comparison...

"This card cannot be used a synchro material monster except..."
And
"while this card is face up on the field, it cannot be used for a synchro summon..."

Both seem to work very similar, but quickdraw got ruled as a condition, and vayu as an effect.

In my opinion, vayu should work like quickdraw, but that's another subject.

I got the answer I was looking for.
In many cases, your future questions here will get nowhere with this kind of thinking, if not just annoy us responders.
It's perfectly fine to extrapolate rulings from identical/similar cards, or make (near-)generalizations when multiple cards with similar/same effs have corresponding rulings.
Vayu isn't like Quickdraw because Vayu has a face-up clause, which is a significant piece of text. Vayu has an official ruling saying it's a Continuous Eff and its different text justifies its difference from Quickdraw. But at first, prior to seeing the official ruling, it was justified to extrapolate it was a condition and not an eff.

PoA vs. Double Cyclone... geez, one picks cards from the grave and returns them to the deck, a requirement for then drawing 2 cards. Another targets 2 cards on the field and destroys them simultaneously at resolution.
As for a more acceptable question, why are Infernity Launcher and Gottoms' Emergency Call different in terms of interaction with D.D. Crow? If we didn't have an official ruling, we would probably think both would fizzle if D.D. Crow was Chained, by using one's ruling to extrapolate to the other. But the fact is we got a ruling saying they work differently. The difference lies in their OCG text.

If we don't have a ruling for Naturia Cherries, it's perfectly fine to extrapolate from Darksoul, Scrap Dragon, etc.

Last edited by strikemasterice : 12-28-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #18
illusionX
Beta Tester!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikemasterice View Post
As for a more acceptable question, why are Infernity Launcher and Gottoms' Emergency Call different in terms of interaction with D.D. Crow? If we didn't have an official ruling, we would probably think both would fizzle if D.D. Crow was Chained, by using one's ruling to extrapolate to the other. But the fact is we got a ruling saying they work differently. The difference lies in their OCG text.
actually, if GEC didn't have an official ruling, it would be assumed to resolve as much as possible and summon the remaining target (that is the general rule). but since the text is different and i think there are at least one or two other effects/rulings that follow the text pattern and work the same way, it is a fairly consistant difference and shouldn't be seen as BKSS....

....just sayin

Quote:
Read the rulebook. Read the rulings. Read the sticky "Rulings FAQ: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!" Use the search function. If you ask a question without doing so, you are an idiot and will be treated as such.

Last edited by illusionX : 12-28-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #19
Zyphel Chaos
~Strategist~

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikemasterice View Post
In many cases, your future questions here will get nowhere with this kind of thinking, if not just annoy us responders.
It's perfectly fine to extrapolate rulings from identical/similar cards, or make (near-)generalizations when multiple cards with similar/same effs have corresponding rulings.
Vayu isn't like Quickdraw because Vayu has a face-up clause, which is a significant piece of text. Vayu has an official ruling saying it's a Continuous Eff and its different text justifies its difference from Quickdraw. But at first, prior to seeing the official ruling, it was justified to extrapolate it was a condition and not an eff.

PoA vs. Double Cyclone... geez, one picks cards from the grave and returns them to the deck, a requirement for then drawing 2 cards. Another targets 2 cards on the field and destroys them simultaneously at resolution.

If we don't have a ruling for Naturia Cherries, it's perfectly fine to extrapolate from Darksoul, Scrap Dragon, etc.
I used the double cyclone/PoA case as an example of bad card comparison since someone used them both as a comparison in one of my last questions. I know they dont have anything in common.

Also, when I post here, I'm not asking for "opinions". I'm asking for official rulings if any of you know them. At first, some said yes, and some said no. Until someone said Naturia Cherries' ruling said so. THAT was what I was asking in the first place.

Sorry if it annoyed you.

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread