Default Naturia Synchro - My Updated Naturia Control

Naturia Synchro - My Updated Naturia Control Deck
Last Updated: December 24, 2010
Deck Total: 40 Cards

Duel videos of Naturia Synchro in action!:

Game 1 - Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9SVDs1JWYo
Game 1 - Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01BUf05IU6M
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuDToO2bPN8

Here's my post-locals tourney results video with Naturia Synchro, parts 1 and 2:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbRGZUiRYpk

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iev65KDEd8

Here's a deck video I put together on youtube for my Naturia Synchro deck. Check it out and let me know what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JApvTiL19gE

**Looking for some help with the side!**

Testing the Following Changes:

-1 Naturia Bamboo Shoot
-1 Call Of The Haunted
+1 ????
+1 ????

I may try out 1 Snowman Eater and 1 Debris Dragon, basically giving me 5 targets for a tech Debris and access to Gungnir.

Cards Considering:
+1 Debris Dragon
+1 Snowman Eater
+1-2 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

And so, here is my build that I have put together:

Naturia Synchro

Monsters (21):
x2 Lonefire Blossom
x2 Dandylion
x2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x1 Debris Dragon
x1 Tytannial, Princess of Camellias
x1 Glow-Up Bulb
x1 Spore
x2 Naturia Bamboo Shoot
x3 Naturia Cliff
x3 Naturia Cherries
x3 Thunder King Rai-Oh

Spells (12):
x1 One for One
x1 Foolish Burial
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Giant Trunade
x2 Pot of Avarice
x2 Pot of Duality
x2 Book of Moon

Traps (9):
x2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Solemn Warning
x1 Mirror Force
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Solemn Judgment
x1 Seven Tools of the Bandit

Extra Deck (15):
x2 Formula Synchron
x1 Armory Arm
x1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x2 Naturia Beast
x1 Naturia Barkion
x1 Goyo Guardian
x1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x2 Black Rose Dragon
x1 Scrap Dragon
x2 Stardust Dragon
x1 Shooting Star Dragon

Side Deck (15):
x2 Chain Disappearance
x2 Mystical Space Typhoon
x2 Nobleman of Crossout
x2 Divine Wrath
x2 Magic Drain
x2 Swallow Flip
x1 Starlight Road
x1 Consecrated Light
x1 My Body as a Shield

Key Card Explanations
Monsters
x2 Lonefire Blossom, x2 Dandylion, x1 Tytannial, Princess of Camellias
This I consider my own "tech" in the deck, as it's an engine that I don't see many Naturia decks run right now. However, it is an engine that makes a lot of decks very good (just look at Dandywarrior and Debris Hime). It thins the deck incredibly quick and can make Pot of Avarice live on turn 1. Lonefire can also go into Naturia Bamboo Shoot if Tytannial is in my grave or in my hand, so a big beater is always available. Lonefire into Cherries might be a smart play as well, as once a cherrie leaves the field by my opponent's card effect, I can special summon the other 2 from my deck, setting up a very quick double Naturia Beast play (via Naturia Cliff) or go for Barkion. Overall it just seems like too good of an engine not to take advantage of.

x1 Glow-Up Bulb, x1 Spore, x3 Naturia Cherries
The main tunors in the deck. They can all be sent to the grave by One for One and Foolish Burial, or special summoned by One for One. Glow-Up Bulb is what is makes this deck so incredibly quick at synchroing because of it's ability to come back from the grave. Obviously Spore isn't able to help get out Naturia Beast becase of it's Wind Attribute, but it is still versatile enough for the deck. It's a One for One target, and can help me synch into Stardust mid to late game via the same way Debris Hime does it (and then in turn into Shooting Star).

x3 Naturia Bamboo Shoot
Such an amazing card, and if my opponent doesn't have Solemn Warning, their only out is to Effect Veiler (if they main-decked any at all), or to special summon and get over it, which is where double Solemn Warning and heavy presence of backrow help out. With the amount of Naturia support and Naturia monsters (including the synchros), I'll always have a chance to tribute for Bamboo Shoot to really shut down my opponent. This is just an amazing card.

x2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
Naturia Dragonfly and Naturia Horneedle were too slow for my taste after play-testing, and so I decided to go with something that I knew would stun my opponent more. Thunder King Rai-Oh is the best anti-meta card out there, and being able to main-deck two will help stall against the best Tier 1 decks out there, being Dandywarrior and Debris Hime, Gravekeeper's (don't forget that Spy's special summon >.<), X-Sabers, Lightsworn, and so forth. Basically, 3 T-Kings are better than the 3 weak and relatively ineffective Naturias.

Spells
x1 One for One
This is what makes this deck fast. Summoning Cliff, then using One for One to get out Glow-Up bulb in order to choose which lock I want to use on my opponent is just amazing. 3 targets in the deck is just enough, and with the ability to restock the targets via Pot of Avarice just helps with the consistancy.

x1 Giant Trunade
I think this is worth explaining because my deck doesn't run Mystical Space Typhoon. Basically, this card will help me get out of those hitches where I think I'll run into Bottomless, Warning, or Book. Oppression early game may hurt me as well if my opponent plays it, so this card will help clear the field for that.

x2 Pot of Avarice
Helps me recycle my Lonefire engine, as well as my Naturia Cliffs and Naturia Cherries as well. I know I don't use the Ryko engine, so Avarice won't be as fast as blindly milling, but Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, Foolish, and One for One also help with the speed that I need in order to get big plays and make Avarice live as early as possible.

x2 Pot of Duality
Needed draw power for the deck. 3 I don't think is necessary, but I'm going to start out by trying this at 2 and see how that works.

Traps

x1 Seven Tools of the Bandit
Great tech this format, and makes sure my Naturia Beast hits the field safely (instead of getting hit by Bottomless or Warning)

Final thoughts:
So that's my prototype Naturia Synchro deck. Hope you guys like it, and I really would appreciate some feedback! Suggestions/Advice/Comments are always welcome =)

Last edited by Scruffy : 01-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Coldsteel
Pojo Veteran

U cannot special summon a monster after u synch Naturia Cliff.
If u goint to use Phoenix cuz of the discard stuff... Lightning Vortex or Monster Reincarnation would be more sutile.. since u can drop glow or Spore and bring back a Dandy or lonefire or something
I dont think pot of duality would work well here since u special summon a lot.... well idk probably a good idea just if u start with a set Naturia Cliff or Cherries or something
There is no point on running Royal Oppression if u going to synchro
Mind Control would be awesome

Last edited by Coldsteel : 12-23-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Coldsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsteel View Post
U cannot special summon a monster after u synch Naturia Cliff.
I actually did not know that ruling, and I'm really glad you pointed that out. Well that shakes things up mentally for me lol.

Quote:
If u goint to use Phoenix cuz of the discard stuff... Lightning Vortex or Monster Reincarnation would be more sutile.. since u can drop glow or Spore and bring back a Dandy or lonefire or something
Both the cards you mentioned are more or less tech choices, and I'll agree that both are more sutile and are great effects combined with the option of discarding. However, I'ld rather bluff a backrow with a potentially very disruptive card. I will definitely consider Lightning Vortex though because of its potential pluses it can generate, but I'll probably go into testing with Phoenix Wing, then see how much things change when I try out Lightning Vortex. Good thinking on the tech.

Quote:
I dont think pot of duality would work well here since u special summon a lot.... well idk probably a good idea just if u start with a set Naturia Cliff or Cherries or something
Pot of Duality is useful in nearly every deck, and it's something that I know can still work well in here, since an alternative win condition is to avoid special summoning and tribute for Bamboo Shoot. If I'm able to use Pot of Duality and grab a Bamboo Shoot, I can tribute summon it and there'ld be no special summoning confliction. With the amount of backrow support I have to help stall, I should be able to choose when I have to special summon and not be forced to do it to get a quick lock.

Quote:
There is no point on running Royal Oppression if u going to synchro
This is pretty much the same thought I had with running Pot of Duality; If I'm able to stun my opponent with Oppression and instead go for my Bamboo Lock, then this deck will still win. Oppression wins games, and I will still have the option of playing it, so it's not like I'll Oppression my opponent when I clearly have a hand that is set up to go into a Naturia synchro or Lonefire play.

Mind Control would be awesome[/quote]

Now this I've also been considering, since the deck runs 5 tuners (plus Glow-Up Bulb and Spore can be used multiple times). I feel like you're right, and I need to find somewhere to put this card.

I'm thinking that I could put it over the 2nd Naturia Dragonfly (and only play 1) as of right now. What do you think?

Btw I really appreciate the post. I think I posted in your thread before seeing your post in mine lol. Thought that was kinda ironic :P

Additional Comment:

Edited the deck with some pretty big changes... Still looking for suggestions/advice/comments.

Additional Comment:

Bump.............

Last edited by Scruffy : 12-23-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
EdgarR89
Learning the Ropes

I have to say this is a very good build but not too fond of Pot of Duality either but i see how it works. But really everything is genius. Very nice build. You've got it all in order.
EdgarR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
UberDueler
Drystan 2 gud

When I found out about Cliff, I almost decided to quit Naturia . . . The I pwned my friends Ice Barrier deck and I fell in love with the strategy all over again.
Originally Posted by Anthos View Post
Peredur: "I'M BACK! AND I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU ALL!!!!11 "

King Artorigus: "...goddamit Percy -.-"
UberDueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarR89 View Post
I have to say this is a very good build but not too fond of Pot of Duality either but i see how it works. But really everything is genius. Very nice build. You've got it all in order.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the positive feedback. If you have the cards to try this out, by all means go for it, and I highly recommend playing it.

I've only got a handful of games under my belt, but it plays as good as looks. Bamboo Shoot locks are as good as ever, and it makes synchroing even less needed. The Dualities help speed up combos, especially because this deck seems to normal summon or set a lot, so I don't find myself ever hurting to synchro a lot when the turn I play Duality (although once I wish I could of used Lonefire the same turn I used it).

Again thanks man, and you should definitely play it if you have the stuff, then come back here and tell me how it plays from personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
When I found out about Cliff, I almost decided to quit Naturia . . . The I pwned my friends Ice Barrier deck and I fell in love with the strategy all over again.
The ruling with Naturia Cliff really, really sucks, but if it wasn't for Naturia Beast, Naturia Barkion, and Naturia Bamboo Shoot being such amazing cards, no one would want to play Naturias. The locks are so amazing, and that's what is making me want to play Naturias, which is probably the same reason you continued to play them too :P

Additional Comment:

bump it up while I'm getting up :P

Last edited by Scruffy : 12-24-2010 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-24-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
iHeartZombies
Blackwing Veteran

I say make more room for more formula synchron.

iHeartZombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartZombies View Post
I say make more room for more formula synchron.
Any suggestions on how to make room for it? The only real area I think that could be pulled from would be Black Rose or Barkion, but really that's it =/
Old 12-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
iHeartZombies
Blackwing Veteran

drop 1 barkion for 1 more formula synchron.

iHeartZombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
DarkArmedPineapple
Lugubrious, *****

The only useful place I remember Cliff going off is when he's killed by battle.

I don't agree with Maxed Bambooshoot here, either make this a bamboolock or a something faster like Gigavise.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartZombies View Post
drop 1 barkion for 1 more formula synchron.
That's kinda what I was leaning toward too, since BRD really needs to stay at 2. Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArmedPineapple View Post
The only useful place I remember Cliff going off is when he's killed by battle.
Yea the ruling with Cliff turns off a lot of potential people that would want to build a deck around Naturias. However, Blackrose bombs (asuming no Dandy), Dark Hole, Torrential, and etc. still get me the Cliff search, along with what you mentioned.

Quote:
I don't agree with Maxed Bambooshoot here, either make this a bamboolock or a something faster like Gigavise.
Triple Bamboo hasn't pissed me off yet, so I will disagree with that. To completely change the deck if I choose to run triple Bamboo seems like a rash statement. Givavise is obviously more explosive, but this build isn't trying to go off of insane plays every turn.

Once I get more games against more Tier 1 decks I'll post an alaysis of what I think works and what I think needs to change, but as of the few matches I had last night, I can't complain so far.

Additional Comment:

one more bump...

Additional Comment:

One more....

Additional Comment:

Edited the deck to add a third Thunder King Rai-Oh; Found myself wanting to summon another monster more than I wanted to keep drawing Solemn Warning (as good as a card it is, my deck doesn't abuse the grave or special summon as fast at it needs to consistantly draw into backrow and not need more monster support).

So far though, third Thunder King has just been amazing. This is definitely one of the best anti-meta cards this format, and I can't stress enough how much I love this card!

Additional Comment:

One more bump, because it's Christmas :P

Last edited by Scruffy : 12-24-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-25-2010, 03:41 AM   #12
Ninjazilla

You ever think about running Cactus Bouncer over TKRO? Maybe 1 Cactus and 2 TKRO?
Ninjazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #13
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjazilla View Post
You ever think about running Cactus Bouncer over TKRO? Maybe 1 Cactus and 2 TKRO?
I know this deck runs a decent amount of plants, but not to the point where I would run Cactus Bouncer. It's too situational to get its lock in effect, and Thunder King Rai-Oh practically does the same thing without the extra requirement. T-King is less a dead draw (and much more playable first turn) than Cactus Bouncer.

However, Cactus Bouncer is very much playable in the Gravirose/Pineapple version of Naturia, which at some point I'll try to make lol.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #14
Coldsteel
Pojo Veteran

Colossal Fighter is a must... Thunder k will screw up Pot.
Use Sangan( brings almost everything u need to the hand: from lonefires , cliffs, dandys, kind of a Foolish Burial backwards) and Debris Dragon its a top deck remember u have 2 lonfires and to dandy.. blackrose dragon plays. maybe Gorz..
+2 solemns too much in this case because ull lose LP if they attack ur Cliff in Attack position or ur Cherries. or Book of Moon ur tuners or something..1 its fine...
u could use Dimensional Prison instead of the books of moon. i mean u stop synchros? avoid ur bamboo shoot get nailed by a highlevel atk.. remember that u cannot book Monarchs and even u against a Red-eyes, u book it u still cant destroy since bamboo is only 2000 unless u equip it with Armory Arm. this deck synchs fast also its ok let the other opp synch. here and there.
u dont need sevetools u have Bambooshoot, Tytannial and Giant Trunade.
U need more Targets for Naturia CLiff. Dragonfly and Horneedle+ they can be a food for Synchro and may last enough time for ur Bamboo shoot..
U can choose between Call Of The Haunted or Gorz.. remeber level 1 tuners
Remember the point of Cliff is too mainaint Naturia's as long as possible for Bamboo Shoot. Naturia Cliff can be activated during DMg step which still cool. 2 trapholes against 3 cliffs.

Last edited by Coldsteel : 12-25-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:17 AM   #15
Scruffy
Against the odds

I'm going to kindly disagree with a lot of this, but you've got some fine points. I've tested this against faster decks, and I'm going to confront your points with experience with this deck so far. I do thank you for giving this a long post with helpful advice though.

Quote:
Colossal Fighter is a must...
If there was room for it in the extra deck, I would completely agree with you. As of now though, there were times I wish I could have went for a second Scrap Dragon and a third Formula Synchron. I understand Colossal is essential in nearly all extra decks, but there hasn't been a time as of now that I've really wished I had Colossal. If there was anything I could do to re-arrange the extra deck, it would be to take out the 2nd Black Rose Dragon, but I can't bring myself to do it yet until I've had more play-testing.

Quote:
Thunder k will screw up Pot.
That's I play Duality before I summon Thunder King. Thunder King never seems to stay on the field long anyway because the people I play immediately treat it as an immediate threat and get rid of it asap (obviously to set up their bigger plays and play their own Duality).

Quote:
Use Sangan( brings almost everything u need to the hand: from lonefires , cliffs, dandys, kind of a Foolish Burial backwards) and Debris Dragon its a top deck remember u have 2 lonfires and to dandy.. blackrose dragon plays. maybe Gorz..
I'll agree Sangan is pretty useful, especially in the kind of builds that me and you both have. There have been times where it's like "God I wish I could search for a monster," and in that case yea I wish I had Sangan. I might play-test 1 Sangan over 1 Thunder King, as that seems like a smart move, seeing as Thunder Kings are tech anyways, and at the very least I'm teching a monster out to tech another monster in.

Gorz I wouldn't run in the main deck. I have yet to put together my side, and I imagine that'll probably be one of the first things I add in there, along with double Divine Wrath (protects Bamboo from Effect Veiler, which will most likely be sided in agianst me).

Quote:
+2 solemns too much in this case because ull lose LP if they attack ur Cliff in Attack position or ur Cherries. or Book of Moon ur tuners or something..1 its fine...
I'm going to greatly disagree with this; Solemn Warning is amazing at 2. Stopping the Debris play before it even goes off always freezes my opponent, especially when that was one of they're few current outs to my Bamboo lock. Also has stopped Cyber Dragon from attacking over Bamboo, and stops Gravekeeper's Spy plays from going off. Solemn Warning is one of the best cards in this current format, and it has saved my ass more times than I can count.

I did try out 3 Solemn Warning for a little bit, but took out the 3rd for a 3rd Thunder King Rai-Oh because I found my monster/Spell/Trap ratio a little off (basically, I had terrible luck at not drawing any monsters lol). I do love Solemn, because it is my way of playing Royal Oppression without actually playing Royal Oppression, which would in turn screw me over too (as you stated in your earlier post in this thread.

The life point cost has never once pissed me off. Obviously drawing Solemn Warning late game can be really annoying, especially when my life points are bording 2000 or less, but otherwise, Warning's cost has never made me want to run fewer copies. I usually go Cliff into Cliff and so forth until I can successfully bring out Cherry without being attacked (or I just take the life point damage to bring out the other 2, but that usually sets up huge synchro plays so it's worth it).

Quote:
u could use Dimensional Prison instead of the books of moon. i mean u stop synchros? avoid ur bamboo shoot get nailed by a highlevel atk.. remember that u cannot book Monarchs and even u against a Red-eyes, u book it u still cant destroy since bamboo is only 2000 unless u equip it with Armory Arm. this deck synchs fast also its ok let the other opp synch. here and there.
Book of Moon is chainable, and is overall more versatile than Dimensional Prison. This is in no way saying Book of Moon is better than Dimensional Prison, as D-Prison has a ton of its own merits. In this deck, stopping my opponent's Synchro plays can potentially be huge; Book of Moon their non-tuner target, leave the weak tuner vulnerable to attack, then attack over it (most common for me being Gale, Plague, and Debris). It's better than letting them synch into Brionac or Scrap Dragon and then getting a huge plus out of it.

Quote:
u dont need sevetools u have Bambooshoot, Tytannial and Giant Trunade.
Seven Tools of the Bandit has been by far the best tech for me in this deck. I want to run 2 so bad, but I just can't main deck the second for consistancy issues in game 1 (the 2nd I'm going to side). The reason Seven Tools is great in this deck is because it stops my opponent from playing Solemn Warning when I summon Bamboo Shoot. I don't know if your meta is as crazy as mine, but soooo many people main-deck 2 of that ******* of a card.

Besides saving Bamboo, Seven Tools helps stop my opponent's Bottomless, Torrential, and random Solemn Judgment they decide to drop on me when I go for my big synchro plays. Playing Seven Tools on Bottomless when I go Lonefire into Lonefire into Tytannial is generally a 141, but next turn, they have to waste their resources in order to get rid of it, in essence getting my opponent to -1 to themselves in order to get an out to it. It's just a great card to have in the deck as back-up when I decide to go for my big, game-changing plays.

Quote:
U need more Targets for Naturia CLiff. Dragonfly and Horneedle+ they can be a food for Synchro and may last enough time for ur Bamboo shoot..
Cliff has essential 5 targets: the other 2 Cliff, and the other 3 Cherries. I never really need another target besides those 2, as they both serve their general purpose (1 being a search target card and a level 4 earth, and the other being the 1 star earth tuner that helps me make huge synchro plays when comined with Lonefire Blossom, One for One, Foolish Burial, etc.). Until Naturia Mantis comes out, I'll probably be sticking with just Cliff and Cherries.

I tried out Dragonfly and Horneedle and found them to be dead draws much of the time (and that's why I play triple Thunder King in place of them, since that's much less of a dead draw and is more anti-meta than those 2 by quiet a lot).

Quote:
U can choose between Call Of The Haunted or Gorz.. remeber level 1 tuners
Call Of The Haunted > Gorz... Call + Lonefire always gets me Shooting Star Dragon and a plus 1 (from Formula Synchron).

Quote:
Remember the point of Cliff is too mainaint Naturia's as long as possible for Bamboo Shoot. Naturia Cliff can be activated during DMg step which still cool. 2 trapholes against 3 cliffs.
I'm definitely with you there. Cliff helps speed up the synchroing engine, or can be used as quick Bamboo fodder if I want to go that route. Being able to activate its effect during the damage step is the only redeeming factor about Cliff lol.

Additional Comment:

bump......

Last edited by Scruffy : 12-26-2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #16
Ninjazilla

Lol can you explain to me how Lonefire + Call = Shooting star?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
DarkArmedPineapple
Lugubrious, *****

Book IS better than Prizzy
Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #18
alanisnotcool

Nice build, i have about every card i need for this deck according to the cards listed, ive been secretly building a naturia deck of my own muaahahaha, i usually dont do meta decks but i am definitely feeling the naturias comin under the radar, i just might play this at a regional..
alanisnotcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #19
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Lol can you explain to me how Lonefire + Call = Shooting star?
If you've ever played QuickdrawDandy, Debris Hime, or any engine that utilizes Lonefire Blossom, you should already know this play. If not, I don't blame you for not knowing lol.

Just thought I'ld mention first that this play can be with Lonefire Blossom + Call Of The Haunted, Lonefire Blossom + Monster Reborn, or Lonefire Blossom + One for One + Dandylion.

First, summon Lonefire, then tribute to go into Lonefire, then tribute that Lonefire to go into Dandylion. Play Call Of The Haunted (or Monster Reborn, whichever you have access to) to get back your Lonefire. Tribute Dandylion with Lonefire's effect, get 2 tokens from Dandylion, then bring out Spore from the deck. Synch Spore with 1 of the tokens to bring out Formula Synchron, then get your +1 from the deck. Remove Lonefire via Spore's effect to bring out Spore (now a level 4). Synch Spore with Lonefire and the remaining token for Stardust Dragon, then synch Stardust Dragon with Formula Synchron. Boom, there's your Shooting Star Dragon.

Quote:
Book IS better than Prizzy
Glad we could agree on this lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanisnotcool View Post
Nice build, i have about every card i need for this deck according to the cards listed, ive been secretly building a naturia deck of my own muaahahaha, i usually dont do meta decks but i am definitely feeling the naturias comin under the radar, i just might play this at a regional..
Thanks man =). Worked from scratch to make this, and I can honestly say that this is a completely unique deck that is ready to take on the meta. If you have the cards, make the deck and test it out for yourself. Don't stray too far from the actual build though (like don't even bother with the other Naturia cards) since that will definitely screw with the consistancy. Naturias won't ever top unless more people play them, and the people that do play them need to realize that pure Naturia is pretty ****ty right now, so just focus on what's good. Chances are Dandylion will be hit to 1 next format, so it's best to abuse the Lonefire engine as much as possible before March anyway.

If you do play this at a regionals, definitely let me know how it does! =)

Chances are I'm either taking this deck or Little City to the Columbus regionals in late January, and if I do bring this deck I'll come back and edit the OP with all the details. This deck has been doing so well, and I'm really excited to finally show it off at a regional. Side isn't done yet, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'ld appreciate it .

Last edited by Scruffy : 12-26-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #20
Coldsteel
Pojo Veteran

ArmoryArm+Colossal OTK. Shooting star doesnt OTK. u could replace 1 stardust for it.
The solemn warning.... idont know men i still think u dont need 2 i mean 4000 + 1000 for seventools and idk for the Solemn Judgment, overkill if u had to use Solemn Judgment early game, probably side 1.
Naturia Beetle and Dragonfly easy food for Naturia Beast. when u use it with glowup-bulb. u have a One for One, Foolish Burial etc.. synch for Naturia Beast. or ally and u dont without wasting ur cliffs plus he a beater and dragonfly protects u late game. even little moves become significant.

I'll test Book of Moon instead of the Prisons see how they do... also Call Of The Haunted.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #21
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
ArmoryArm+Colossal OTK. Shooting star doesnt OTK. u could replace 1 stardust for it.
Yea, Shooting Star does not OTK, but it sets up such a huge advantage in that my opponent is going to have to waste all their resources on an immediate basis in order to get around it.

Colossal Fighter OTK requires my opponent to have a 1900+ beater, and no back row. My opponent usually has backrow, and it'ld be stupid to waste such a big play on something that will falter as soon as they activate a common card such as Bottomless. If I go for the Shooting Star play, they won't be able to activate Bottomless until I get out Stardust, which I'll just negate anyway. Shooting Star is the safer play in nearly all occasions.

Quote:
The solemn warning.... idont know men i still think u dont need 2 i mean 4000 + 1000 for seventools and idk for the Solemn Judgment, overkill if u had to use Solemn Judgment early game, probably side 1.
That's what everyone said when Warning came out, that it's such a huge waste of life points and resources and no one should ever main deck more than one, and that's when Warning's price was $25.

Now, everyone plays it at 2 or even 3 in some cases (such as GBs and Geminis, for instance), and now the prices is $45. Warning is the real deal, and just because you run 2 or 3, doesn't mean you'll see all 2 or 3 warnings in the same game; it just means you'll have a greater chance of drawing into at least 1, which I want. Trust me on this, if you have 2 copies of the card, you play it in this deck.

Quote:
Naturia Beetle and Dragonfly easy food for Naturia Beast. when u use it with glowup-bulb. u have a One for One, Foolish Burial etc.. synch for Naturia Beast. or ally and u dont without wasting ur cliffs plus he a beater and dragonfly protects u late game. even little moves become significant.
Dragonfly does look interesting (wish it was a tuner though =/), but Beetle is a waste of a card. There's other ways of going into Naturia Beast (such as Cliff + Cherry or Glow-Up), and I'ld rather stick to that simple strategy than to use other cards that aren't as versatile as the ones I'm currently playing.

Quote:
I'll test Book of Moon instead of the Prisons see how they do... also Call Of The Haunted.

You don't have to take out all the Prisons for Book, but 2 Books is generally a good start, then see if you like playing 3 after that. Hope it works out for you man.

Additional Comment:

One more bump... This'll be my last bump until I come back from a tourney in which I've played this deck. The decks seems like it may have hit its peek, so the only real test now, is to test it.

I'll edit the OP when I've got more updates for the deck, preferably a vs. record followed by match details. Should have that done the day after New Years.

Additional Comment:

Updated the OP with a Deck Profile for Naturia Synchro .

Last edited by Scruffy : 01-04-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #22
DarkArmedPineapple
Lugubrious, *****

Ill reiterate, Bambooshoot synchro seems bad.

Bambooshoot is easily circumvented. It's like those deecks that tech Dark Simorgh into decks it shouldnt be in. To have shoot work better there are so many support cards you're not using.

Cut him down to 1-2 and make it bamboohime or make it Bamboolock.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #23
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Ill reiterate, Bambooshoot synchro seems bad.
You should really play the deck before saying something without real conviction. I do sometimes wish I would have teched something else instead of a 3rd Bamboo, but then there's the other times where I'm really glad I didn't. Just play the deck man.

Quote:
Bambooshoot is easily circumvented. It's like those deecks that tech Dark Simorgh into decks it shouldnt be in. To have shoot work better there are so many support cards you're not using.
This deck was sparked by the idea of going pure Naturia, but after playing the deck and small change after small change, all the other Naturias were gone besides Cliff, Cherries, and Bamboo. The Plant Synchro engine adds an extra level of explosiveness, and with the searching ability of the Naturias, it's pretty easy to tribute for Bamboo or synch out and lock my opponent. I'm not going to lie and say my original intent was to synch out into the Naturias to go for that kind of lock, but that didn't work out.

Better support cards? I honestly can't think of any other tech or support that I would rather be playing main-decked than what I'm running right now. Thunder King > Doomcal, Divine Wrath is better in the side as is CED, any other actual Naturia support is unnecessary. Are these the cards that need to be ran if you want to play Bamboo?

Quote:
Cut him down to 1-2 and make it bamboohime or make it Bamboolock.
You're basically telling me to go make a different version of the deck. Not sure if that's constructive criticism, but you're also not suggesting what do instead. Bamboohime? This is practically Bamboohime as it is. Bamboolock is a downgrade from what this deck is now.

I understand you don't like Bamboo at 3 because it looks inconsistant. Like I said, I like 3, but I would also try out 2 if that meant making the deck faster and a bit more consistant. I don't want to change the deck because it 'seems bad'. I'm not trying to disregard everything you're saying man, because I see a bit where you're coming from, but all I can suggest is to just try it out before you go knocking it down.

Last edited by Scruffy : 01-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #24
Ninjazilla

Wait.. Can you explain why you can't SS with Naturia Cliff's effect if you synchro?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #25
Scruffy
Against the odds

Quote:
Wait.. Can you explain why you can't SS with Naturia Cliff's effect if you synchro?
Naturia Cliff's description says "When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, you can special summon...," and basically because it says "you can special summon," it means that Naturia Cliff has to be the last thing to happen for it to get its effect.

If you synch out with Glow-Up Bulb into Naturia Beast, the last thing to happen is getting out the synchro monster, and therefore you don't get the sesarch. If you tribute Cliff for Bamboo Shoot, the last thing to happen is getting out Bamboo Shoot, so Cliff again doesn't get the search. However, if your opponent plays Dark Hole, Torrential, or you run into Mirror Force, you'll get the search (unless your opponent gets to search with Sangan or gets Dandylion tokens). Cliff's ruling is pretty terrible, but it's still a very good search card that can keep a field presence. Just make sure to play it smart when you synch out or tribute with Cliff.