Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Anton
Metallica!!!

Default Vanities Emptiness Questions

1. My opponent synchros. Can I respond with Emptiness to negate the synchro? Or will that not work? Why?

2. I activate a card that destroys 2 or more cards on the field. My opponent Starlight Roads. If I respond with emptiness, does road get negated? or is only the stardust negated? Why?

3. Same thing as above, but emptiness is already face up.

4. If question 2 works, what happens if my opponent respond to my emptiness with MST, and I activate another Emptiness? WIll the second one negate Road, or will it randomly die in the middle of the chain, when MST destroys the first one? Does it have to wait to be destroyed in a new chain?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
The Devils Avatar
TDA

1. You cannot activate Vanity's Emptiness until after the Synchro Summon has been successful, what with them not using the Chain and all. If your opponent activated Formula Synchron's effect or Urgent Tuning, you could Chain to that and it would resolve without effect.

2. Starlight Road still negates the effect of Icarus Attack. The negation and destruction are in no way dependent upon the Special Summon. It's just an 'extra' thing, if you will.

3. Same as above.

4. The self-destruct effect of Vanity's Emptiness is a Trigger-like effect, so won't activate until after the Chain has resolved. Your second one will still do its thing (i.e., prevent Stardust Dragon from being Summoned).
The Devils Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Redshift
Pojiwadai Elite 4

1. No. Because the card doesn't do that.. Only cards that do can start a chain during the Summon-negation window.

2. Neither. "Vanity's Emptiness" doesn't negate anything. Since "Starlight Road"'s Summon is optional, and dependent on the first action, it does not need to Special Summon anything. "Stardust Dragon" cannot be Special Summoned but the effect that "Starlight Road" is trying to negate is still negated.

3. This is the same question. Chaining "Vanity's Emptiness" to "Starlight Road" causes it to be face-up already, so there is no difference.

4. It doesn't work.

RC-1, RC-2 & PC-1 Certified
3DS Friend Code: 2208 5236 3793
Redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Anton
Metallica!!!

alright, thanks guys clears up stuff for me
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
perzeus
Kaizoku-Gari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
1. My opponent synchros. Can I respond with Emptiness to negate the synchro? Or will that not work? Why?

2. I activate a card that destroys 2 or more cards on the field. My opponent Starlight Roads. If I respond with emptiness, does road get negated? or is only the stardust negated? Why?

3. Same thing as above, but emptiness is already face up.

4. If question 2 works, what happens if my opponent respond to my emptiness with MST, and I activate another Emptiness? WIll the second one negate Road, or will it randomly die in the middle of the chain, when MST destroys the first one? Does it have to wait to be destroyed in a new chain?

Thanks in advance
1.- No, you have to activate it before a summon is initiated. There's also the issue that you would need a summon negator to activate the summon negation window. Also, Vanity Emptiness doesn't negate anything, it prevents.

2.- Nothing is negated, your opponent is just unable to choose to summon Stardust Dragon when Starlight Road resolves.

3.- Same thing.

4.- It will be destroyed after the current chain resolves, therefore your opponent will be unable to summon Stardust Dragon.

edit: too late =/

It's all about perception

La prioridad en detalle: http://expertforum.info/wordpress/?p=2978
perzeus is offline   Reply With Quote