Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

Kelptic183 is on a distinguished road
Default Happy Evil: A Guide to Yubel

So you wish to learn of demons, mortal? Come, let me introduce you to my personal favorite, Yubel. A creature of energy, s/he can redirect the feeble attacks of the brutish monsters, turning their own power against them as s/he cuts directly to their master himself.
Quote:
Table of Contents
The Nightmares
The Summoning
The Support
The Variants
The Nightmares

Quote:
Yubel
Lvl 10/Fiend/Dark/Effect
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. When this face-up Attack Position card is attacked by your opponent's monster, before damage calculation inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK. During your End Phase, Tribute 1 monster or destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Yubel - Terror Incarnate" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.
The whole reason for this deck, with some of the most freaking awesome artwork and character design in Yugioh. Acts pretty much like a permanent Magic Cylinder, with a cost of a monster a turn and a replacement effect after it is destroyed. The cost is the real problem here, as you must lose a monster every turn until you evolve her. Also a minor issue, in this stage she is vulnerable to bouncing or RFGing, as hir effect to evolve will not activate. In general, don’t leave her out for more than a turn.
Quote:
Yubel – Terror Incarnate
Lvl 11/Fiend/Dark/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with the effect of "Yubel". This card cannot be destroyed by battle. All Battle Damage you take from a battle involving this card becomes 0. If this face-up Attack Position card is attacked by your opponent's monster, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the ATK of the attacking monster. During your End Phase, destroy all other monsters on the field. If this card is removed from the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.
This is the main boss of most decks, the one you will see the most. The effect is a beast, Dark Hole’ing the field each of your turns. Eventually, someone is going to run out of monsters. Plus, hir summoning effect has been upgraded, summoning Yubel – The Ultimate Nightmare whenever s/he is removed from the field, not just destroyed. This means: sent to the grave in any way, returned to hir owner’s hand, or removed from play. Freaking awesome. It will not summon Yubel – The Ultimate Nightmare when it is removed from play while face-down, so beware of Book of Moon/Cauis the Shadow Monarch plays.
Quote:
Yubel – The Ultimate Nightmare
Lvl 12/Fiend/Dark/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with the effect of "Yubel - Terror Incarnate". This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. If this face-up Attack Position card battles with an opponent's monster, inflict damage equal to its ATK to your opponent and destroy that monster at the end of the Damage Step.
The final form, the true incarnation of the twisted power of Yubel. Yubel – The Ultimate Nightmare can destroy any monster who dares enter the field to test hir might, turning their own attack points into damage for the opponent. On the other hand, this form is never reached by a smart player unless they already have a plan to get rid of it, so get used to seeing this one disappear a lot. On the up side, hir effect does not target, and the effect to deal damage is applied before the effect to destroy, meaning that although Stardust can protect the opponent’s monsters, it can’t protect the player’s life points.

The Beckoning

You are now acquainted with the lovely one of the darkness. But that is only the first step. You must now prepare yourself for the calling into our world. The ways of darkness are legion, but a few are more rewarding than others.
Quote:
Limit Reverse
continuous trap
Select 1 monster with 1000 or less ATK from your Graveyard, and Special Summon it in Attack Position. If that monster is changed to Defense Position, destroy it and this card. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is destroyed, destroy this card.
Obviously, a major boon to this deck. Limit Reverse summons Yubel, then you move hir to defense during your turn to move on to form two. Also, it is chainable to anything less than spell speed two, so in response to a MST, activate this. Chain Link 2 goes resolves first, summoning Yubel, then Chain Link 1 resolves, destroying Limit Reverse and activating Yubel’s effect.
Quote:
Doom Shaman
Lvl 6/Spellcaster/Dark/Gemini
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
● Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Fiend-Type monster from your hand or from either player's Graveyard. When this card is removed from the field, destroy all Fiend-Type monsters Special Summoned by this effect.

Swing of Memories
Normal spell

Special Summon 1 Normal Monster from your Graveyard. It is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.

Silent Doom
Normal spell

Special Summon 1 Normal Monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. It cannot attack.
This is my preferred method of bring out Yubel, in the main because of its flexibility. Doom Shaman is basically a Gigaplant for fiends, and as such can obviously be used for synchroing. Doom Shaman opens up the main offensive strategy of most of my decks, letting me get my Black Brutdrago, Scrap Dragon, and Stardust Dragon out for abuse.
Quote:
The Dark Creator
Lvl 8/Thunder/Dark/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned, by having 5 or more DARK monsters in your Graveyard while you control no monsters. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard.
A substitute for Swing of Memories/Silent Doom, The Dark Creator is a 2300 special summonable beatstick with a great revival effect and easy summoning conditions. His lvl makes him compatible with Trade-In and Level Eater, and his stats make him a powerful free body that can also draw a Bottomless while still popping his effect. All in all, a terrific card.
Quote:
Mystic Tomato
Lvl 4/Plant/Dark/Effect
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.
This card is a fairly widespread searcher, as it immediately gets Yubel. However, I hate using this card for three reasons.
1; It must be destroyed in battle. This is still common, of course, especially early game, but by mid game there exist innumerable ways to destroy by card effect. Mystic Tomato is a play that depends heavily on the opponent.
2; It summons from the deck. Summoning from the deck is terribly risky, as odds are one or more of your Yubel’s is in the graveyard already. Again, this isn’t much of a problem early game, but mid to late game I try and have all my Yubel’s in the grave so I don’t draw into them. If they must stay in the deck, there is always the chance that I will topdeck a lvl ten monster with no way to summon. Really bad hand, there.
3; It leaves no obvious out to evolve my Yubel. Yubel’s first form should never stay on the field for more than a turn, as it is far too vulnerable and costly. Therefore, I must use one of my cards to destroy Yubel. Why should I destroy my own cards when I could have drawn something to destroy my opponent? The only cards I can stand to destroy Yubelare cards like Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute, and Needle Ceiling, which make up somewhat for the loss of advantage.
Quote:
Stygian Street Patrol
Lvl 4/Fiend/Dark/Effect
When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x 100. You can remove from play this card in your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 Fiend-Type monster with 2000 or less ATK from your hand.
This is one of the newly released cards that combos well with Yubel. Obviously, remove this guy to SS Yubel form your hand. In effect, he is a Mystic Tomato from the hand, he gets a Yubel out immediately. He suffers from some of the same problems that the Tomato does, as well. He is slightly better, as he does not need to be destroyed in battle, but he does require that you are holding a Yubel. As well, he does not give a self-contained way to destroy Yubel, relying on other cards to evolve to the next form. In all, he has his place, and is better than the Tomato, but still has some flaws. A good card nonetheless, as he can also summon Dark Tinker for a quick Goyo Guardian.
Quote:
Debris Dragon
Lvl 4/Dragon/Wind/Tuner/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 monster with 500 or less ATK from your Graveyard in Attack Position. That monster's effect(s) is negated. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. The other Synchro Material Monster(s) cannot be Level 4.
Debris Dragon is a great staple card because it gets out Yubel immediately from the grave and negates it’s effect, meaning that you are not required to tribute a monster at the end of the turn. Since Yubel’s effect to summon the next form is activated in the graveyard, Yubel – Terror Incarnate is only an attack away. It’s also great for its ability to make instant Black Rose Dragon’s at the drop of a hat. My only complaint is it’s low attack, coupled with the need to summon it face-up in attack mode. However, it’s a small price to pay for such a great card. Probably the most splashable cards to use for a Black Rose Dragon are Dandylion, Card Trooper, Spirit Reaper, and Night Assailant.

The Support

So, now you know the basics of a successful summon. But that is often the easiest part. A truly successful summoning begins long before you draw even the simplest of pentagrams. You must first align the circumstances, for if the conditions are not perfect, Yubel may reject you.
Quote:
Dark Grepher
Lvl 4/Warrior/Dark/Effect
You can discard 1 Level 5 or higher DARK monster to Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can discard 1 DARK monster to send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your Graveyard.
Armageddon Knight
Lvl 4/Warrior/Dark/Effect
When this card is Summoned, you can send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
A much superior way to toolbox Yubel. Both of these monsters are Dark Warriors, much is arguably the best combination of Types and Attributes in the game, and giving them access to Allure of Darkness and Reinforcements of the Army. Being Lvl 4 makes them the bread and butter of a Yubel deck, and most successful games start by summoning one of these guys. Of the two, Dark Grepher is better, given his ability to dump more than one monster to the grave at a time. One of the best first turn plays available is: ROTA Grepher, dump Yubel, SS Grepher, dump Dark Tinker, send Doom Shaman, NS Armageddon Knight, send Necro Gardna, set Limit Reverse, and have a Swing of Memories in hand. That type of start is almost a guaranteed win.
Quote:
Dark Tinker
Lvl 2/Fiend/Dark/Tuner/Effect
When this card you control is sent to the Graveyard, look at the top card of your Deck. Return that card to either the top or the bottom of the Deck.
This is not the best tuner in the game, but it has definite advantages. Lvl 2 makes easy 8’s with Doom Shaman, Dark means it can be sent to the grave with Dark Grepher/Armageddon Knight, and it’s effect when to check the top of the deck when sent from the field to the grave is not to be ignored. The chance to avoid a fatal draw can be crucial in a close match. Plus the defense is actually pretty solid, and the attack lets you Limit Reverse it back with no trouble. All around, a solid tuner.
Quote:
Infernity Avenger
Lvl 1/Fiend/Dark/Tuner/Effect
When a monster you control, except "Infernity Avenger", is destroyed by battle with an opponent's monster and sent to the Graveyard, while you have no cards in your hand, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. In that case, the Level of this card is equal to the Level of your destroyed monster.
A useful level one tuner. Infernity Avenger will revive itself off of a slain monster, Allowing for all sorts of synchro shenanigans. Depending on the deck, being handless is not such a drawback, as we can more comfortably commit to the field.

The Variants

The ways of darkness are accustomed to adaptation, and as such Yubel will work with many lesser archetypes with no trouble. Just be sure to keep a steady Supply of soldiers, for Yubel will quickly Weed Out those not worthy to share the battlefield with hir. Any archetype that can either dodge her wrath, summon more soldiers to replace themselves, or are immune to the powers of darkness themselves can be included without angering the lovely fiend.

Potential Variants:
Shaman Yubel Synchro
Plant Yubel
Watt Yubel
Gadget Yubel
Psychic Yubel
X-Saber Yubel
Auto-Attack Yubel

The main thing to remember about hybrids is that Terror Incarnate kills your monsters too. You need monsters that either repalce themselves on death, have a way of dodging the End Phase, are indestructible, or can return to the field. Any archetype full of floaters will work well with Yubel.
This guy. Puts Yubel in everything, but I like it!
Anyone interested in seeing a Yubel deck in action, challenge me on Devpro EU as Kelptic183.

Last edited by Kelptic183 : 07-21-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
BlackWerewolf
ルーンの瞳のデュエリスト

BlackWerewolf is on a distinguished road

I used to use a Yubel Deck, too. They're very cool, though it gets predictable after a while and your opponent can counter it easily.

Also, you got Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare's effect wrong. That's Terror Incarnate's effect, not The Ultimate Nightmare's.

北辰の空にありて全知全能を司る王よ。今こそ星界の神々を束ねその威光を示せ!シンクロ召喚!天地神明を統 べよ!最高神 極神聖帝オーディン!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

Okay, fixed! And I finally got the rest of the article to upload, too(I was having computer trouble). The thing is, it is pretty easy to stop when you know what your doing. But in a big tournament, people generally have no idea what the heck I'm trying to do, and so they get confused and make mistakes. It's the advantage every jank.dek has over the meta, even if it generally doesn't work.
Anyone interested in seeing a Yubel deck in action, challenge me on Devpro EU as Kelptic183.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
DanteVN6
Pojo Veteran

DanteVN6 is on a distinguished road

I used to run a Yubel build with magical merchants and chaos sorcerers, but ever since Necro Gardna got limited i cant seem to hold its own anymore. How are the Savage Colosseum builds?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
bladesanctuary
Solitude In Steel

bladesanctuary is on a distinguished road

How could u forget to mention the newest support for Yubel. Stygian street patrol helps Yubel decks a ton.

Top 4 Madison. WI regional 10-30-2010 X-FlamSworn YouTube Deck Profile

11th place colorado springs, CO regional 09-24-2011 Scraps YouTube Deck Profile
Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
GraphicDLaz

GraphicDLaz is on a distinguished road

I would like to see Debris Dragon mentioned here too, since its another way to bring out Yubel.

Check out my artwork and comic book news!!
TeamAmazing - Art of Lazaro Suarez
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamAm...05678332826905
Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
StrikeCommander000
Last Man Standing

StrikeCommander000 is on a distinguished road

Stygian Street Patrol is a great boon, almost to the point where it renders Doom Shaman obsolete; this is especially true with Debris Dragon.

I still maintain that Nightmare Hero was the best build for Yubel; the D-Hero engine gave Yubel a consistency unmatched by other Yubel variants. It was also the most flexible.

The trouble with Yubel is the fact that you need to take up many Deck slots/resources to keep the Yubel cycle going; there isn't really any raw muscle outside Dark World monsters you can use to keep it consistent.

Miku's more adorable than Tour Guide could ever hope for!!! <3 Hatsune Miku

If you believe in Jesus and love him and aren't afraid to admit it, put this in your sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishKosh View Post
You need a gold star.

Last edited by StrikeCommander000 : 10-14-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Imperialdramon
Pojo Veteran

Imperialdramon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelptic183 View Post
Acts pretty much like a permanent Magic Cylinder, with a cost of a monster a turn and a replacement effect after it is destroyed. The cost is the real problem here, as you must lose a monster every turn until you evolve her.
It should be said that keeping a Yubel Lv1 on the field for longer than 1 turn is not good.

Quote:
This is the main boss of most decks, the one you will see the most. The effect is a beast, Dark Hole’ing the field each of your turns. Eventually, someone is going to run out of monsters. Plus, hir summoning effect has been upgraded, summoning Yubel – The Ultimate Nightmare whenever s/he is removed from the field, not just destroyed. This means: sent to the grave in any way, returned to hir owner’s hand, or removed from play. Freaking awesome.
It should be also noted that a face-down Yubel Lv2 that is removed while face down, will not activate its effect.[/quote]

Quote:
The final form, the true incarnation of the twisted power of Yubel. Yubel – The Ultimate Nightmare can destroy any monster who dares enter the test hir might, turning their own attack points as damage into damage for the opponent. On the other hand, this form is never reached by a smart player unless they already have a plan to get rid of it, so get used to seeing this one disappear a lot.
Getting 2 Terror Incarnates on the field will give you 1 Nightmare. It will stay on the field for one turn. Most opponents won't play a monster with Nightmare face-up on the field, so it leaves them open to a stab with level eaters, Doom Shaman, debris, etc.

Quote:
Dark means it can be sent to the grave with Dark Grepher/Armageddon Knight, and it’s effect is not to be ignored. The chance to avoid a fatal draw can be crucial in a close match.
Has to be sent from the field to the grave

Quote:
However, I hate using this card for three reasons.
Yeah, Mystic Tomato really isn't all that great except to stall. I guess in Mandatory Attack builds tomato is better.

Other than that, I agree that Debris is one of the best ways to summon it. It's effect to send a monster to the grave or itself is negated by Debris Dragon and usually leads into a terror incarnate at the end of your opponent's turn.

Also a fun tech choice I've been trying is Darksea Rescue along with the Level eaters. At some point your opponent will stop playing monsters, in which you can stab for 600-1200 every turn. Then if they do play something you can't attack over, summoning Darksea rescues(Normal, Debris, Limit Reverse, etc) will net you an additional draw.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

Some of that is fixed. I'll update a bit more when I get around to it.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialdramon View Post
Has to be sent from the field to the grave
I meant when it's destroyed or used as a synchro material. Just poor sentence structure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialdramon View Post
Other than that, I agree that Debris is one of the best ways to summon it. It's effect to send a monster to the grave or itself is negated by Debris Dragon and usually leads into a terror incarnate at the end of your opponent's turn.

Also a fun tech choice I've been trying is Darksea Rescue along with the Level eaters. At some point your opponent will stop playing monsters, in which you can stab for 600-1200 every turn. Then if they do play something you can't attack over, summoning Darksea rescues(Normal, Debris, Limit Reverse, etc) will net you an additional draw.
That does sound fun, but I think you mean Darksea Float? Rescue only lets you draw off of a synchro summon.

Additional Comment:

Okay, guys, having a lot of trouble uploading edits, so it may be a while before this guide is fully operational. In the meantime, maybe post decklists?

Additional Comment:

Okay, all updated. Bump!

Last edited by Kelptic183 : 10-15-2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #10
GraphicDLaz

GraphicDLaz is on a distinguished road

Im currently using less cards as the backbone of a Yubel deck

I use 5 of the Yubel pieces: 2-2-1

7 cards to dump her:
3 Armageddon Knight
2 Dark Grepher
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Foolish Burial

7 Cards to bring her out
3 Limit Reverse
2 Doom Shaman
1 Monster Reborn
1 Swing of Memories

Why not discuss different deck types that Yubel can be used in? I am currently running a Spirit deck with it that works GREAT!

And now I am working on a Watt deck and incorporates Yubel.

Check out my artwork and comic book news!!
TeamAmazing - Art of Lazaro Suarez
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamAm...05678332826905
Old 10-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
DEMONOFDEATH

DEMONOFDEATH is on a distinguished road

i love some Yubel. been running her since she came out in english. been trying to work with the deck since & just cant get it up there with the other decks that r being run nowadays..... use to win a lot back when she came out, but now its hard...

"In reality, possibilities do exist. That is why humans always attempt to construct possibilities. As once I also did. But... the truth that lies ahead is the reality Death."
Z-one: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Old 10-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMONOFDEATH View Post
i love some Yubel. been running her since she came out in english. been trying to work with the deck since & just cant get it up there with the other decks that r being run nowadays..... use to win a lot back when she came out, but now its hard...
What's your decklist? You can check out some of my decks here.

Also, I just got back from Omaha regionals, went 3-3 with Yubel, beating X-Saber, Flamvell, and Empty Jar and losing to Respite GB, Blackwings, and Machina. Almost beat the Machina, but he rule-sharked me and the judge was mistaken. The judge even came back after the game and said he had looked it up and he was wrong. The Blackwing was a noob, but I topdecked a LADD at exactly the wrong time. GB was good, I lost because he was better.

I have been testing Dark Creator in here in place of Swing/Silent Doom, and it is awesome! Does the same thing, but also draws out Bottomless and gives me a free body, especially with Level Eater for a full field off of one topdeck.

Additional Comment:

Bump Thread.

Additional Comment:

Bump Thread.

Last edited by Kelptic183 : 10-18-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
xXHeartCoreXx

xXHeartCoreXx is on a distinguished road

I made a ls ybel deck like in janurary but it used more ls monsters with Yubel teched with Mask of Darkness to get Limit Reverse if i dont draw it.

AFter seeing this thread u inspiered to remake why Yubel deck since i kept the yubels after i took the deck apart but makin a more coventinal Yubel deck for locals instead of runnin Vayusworn.

Subscribed!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

Cool, I used a Lightsworn Yubel last format for a while. Went 3-4 at a regionals. Good to hear that people still love Yubel, glad to have you.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #15
xXHeartCoreXx

Quote:
Cool, I used a Lightsworn Yubel last format for a while. Went 3-4 at a regionals. Good to hear that people still love Yubel, glad to have you.
Had a thread in the advanced deck thread for my Yubelsworn deck. Got views but no replys guess people couldnt see the creativness in it.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #16
maur
Pojo Veteran

maur is on a distinguished road

I have my own Yubel deck, it focuses on Nightmare Archfiends and Battle Mania.

Decks:

Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #17
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

I tried the Battle Mania/Nightmare Archfiend OTK for a week, but it had way too many dead-draws. How's it work for you?

YubelSworn works, but I don't like random milling. I would rather control my own deck, instead of seeing my spell/traps go to the grave every single turn.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #18
xXHeartCoreXx

Quote:
YubelSworn works, but I don't like random milling. I would rather control my own deck, instead of seeing my spell/traps go to the grave every single turn.
Pullin out Yubel in a ls deck than seein the look on there face was priceless.

This was when ls didnt get hit with the ban hammer so i lilled a lot so most likely Yubel went to the grave. Was not a big fan of usin a ls engine in decks, to me a full ls deck was more stable.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #19
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXHeartCoreXx View Post
Pullin out Yubel in a ls deck than seein the look on there face was priceless.

This was when ls didnt get hit with the ban hammer so i lilled a lot so most likely Yubel went to the grave. Was not a big fan of usin a ls engine in decks, to me a full ls deck was more stable.
Agreed. I looked up your thread, my advice is there.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #20
Bitsoft
Pojo Veteran

Bitsoft is on a distinguished road

What's your opinion on Black Ptera? Acts as a tribute for Yubel every turn, and combos with Terror Incarnate...

Subscribing.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #21
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

It's interesting, although Level Eater is better. Black Ptera takes a normal summon, and although Level Eater can't be sacrificed for Yubel, you never want Yubel 1 out for long anyway. I beat down X-Sabers the other day with Yubel 2 on field by Level Eating Yubel and normal summoning a couple Armageddon Knights to attack for game. Black Ptera keeps hand advantage, but Yubel is generally about the grave anyway.

Additional Comment:

Bump Thread.

Last edited by Kelptic183 : 10-18-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #22
Bitsoft
Pojo Veteran

Bitsoft is on a distinguished road

But with Level Eater, you can only eat like 5-7 times, each.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #23
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

I would be amazed to have one copy of Yubel on the field for 5-7 turns. If I ever get low on levels, then there are lots of ways to get rid of Yubel and level up to the next form. Or, I can synchro summon a lvl 8 monster to give myself more levels.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #24
Demetriio
Happy 2011 XD

Demetriio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's interesting, although Level Eater is better. Black Ptera takes a normal summon, and although Level Eater can't be sacrificed for Yubel, you never want Yubel 1 out for long anyway. I beat down X-Sabers the other day with Yubel 2 on field by Level Eating Yubel and normal summoning a couple Armageddon Knights to attack for game. Black Ptera keeps hand advantage, but Yubel is generally about the grave anyway.

Additional Comment:

Bump Thread.
You cannot use Level Eater to mantain yubel
Check maximum the hormone they are good!
Retired until i get bored from what im doing right now
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #25
Kelptic183
Is Yuballin

You don't need to. Yubel's first form should neve be on the field for more than one turn, it's just too vunerable. That's one of the main weaknesses of Yubel, the vunerability of the first forms. The other main weakness is occasional dead draws. Another thing, you can't use Black Ptera to block an early attack, and you can't toolbox it with Armageddon Knight/Dark Grepher. I have used Black Ptera before, but in my tests Level Eater in better.

Additional Comment:

Bump Thread.

Additional Comment:

Whoa, I'm rated 5 stars! Thanks, voters!

Last edited by Kelptic183 : 10-19-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed Thread