Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Create-A-Card Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

ConspicuousFlower will become famous soon enoughConspicuousFlower will become famous soon enough
Post Venomous Fangs: New "Venom" Cards

Hi everyone!!! I have just adquired some "Venomous mood", so I just started thinking new and new support cards for the "Venom" archetype.

As you may (or not) remember, the Venoms are a small series of Reptile-type monsters intended to be used alongside the Field Spell card, Venom Swamp and distributing Venom Counters. However, they have already fallen into "The Den of the Unused Archetypes". Now, I'm giving them some new support. We will be starting reminding everyone the already existing monsters and spell/trap support.

A-Old Cards

Monsters

Quote:
Venom Cobra
EARTH
Reptile
100/2000
Hard scales cover all parts of this gigantic cobra. It hunts by shooting large amounts of venom, but because of its large size, its attack pattern is easily predicted.
Quote:
Venom Snake
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
1200/600
Effect: Once per turn, you can place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
Quote:
Venom Serpent
DARK
Reptile/Effect
1000/800
Effect: Once per turn, you can place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls.
Quote:
Venom Boa
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
1600/1200
Effect: Once per turn, you can place 2 Venom Counters on 1 monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
Quote:
Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes
DARK
Reptile/Effect
0/0
Effect:This card cannot be Special Summoned by another Effect Monster's effect. This card is unaffected by Venom Swamp. This card gains 500 ATK for each Reptile-Type monster in your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can remove from play 1 other Reptile-Type monster in your Graveyard to Special Summon this card.
Quote:
Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes
DARK
Reptile/Effect
0/0
Effect:This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with its own effect or with Rise of the Snake Deity. This card gains 500 ATK for each Reptile-Type monster in your Graveyard. This card cannot be targeted and is unaffected by the effects of other Monsters, Spells, and Traps. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can remove from play 1 other Reptile-Type monster from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, place 1 Hyper-Venom Counter on it. When 3 Hyper-Venom Counters are on this card, you win the Duel.
Spells/Traps

Quote:
Venom Swamp
Field Spell Card
Monsters lose 500 ATK for each Venom Counter on them. Destroy a monster if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect. During each player's End Phase, place 1 Venom Counter on each face-up monster, except Venom monsters.
Quote:
Venom Shot
Normal Spell Card
Activate only while you control a face-up Venom monster, Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes, or Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes. Send 1 Reptile-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard and place 2 Venom Counters on 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.
Quote:
Ambush Fangs
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when a face-up Venom monster you control is declared as an attack target. Negate the attack and end the Battle Phase. Then place 1 Venom Counter on the monster that attacked.
Quote:
Snake Deity's Command
Counter Trap Card
Activate by showing your opponent 1 Venom monster in your hand. Negate the activation and effect of an opponent's Spell Card, and destroy it.
Quote:
Venom Burn
Normal Trap Card
Select 1 monster with a Venom Counter(s). Remove all Venom Counters from that card, and inflict 700 damage to your opponent for each Venom Counter removed.
Quote:
Rise of the Snake Deity
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when a face-up Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes you control is destroyed by a card effect. Special Summon 1 Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes from your hand or Deck.
Until now, nothing really special. Only Vennominon and Vennominaga are really that powerful, and the deck lacks any win condition except summoning them. It's also dependant of Venom Swamp.

B-New Cards

Monsters

Quote:
Venom Mamba
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
800/500
You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 Venom Swamp from your Deck to your hand. During your Standby Phase, you can remove from play this card in the graveyard to put one Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls.
Searcher for the much-required Venom Swamp, and also helps in distributing Venom Counters. I likeeee it.

Quote:
Venom Viper
DARK
Reptile/Effect
800/800
Once per turn, you can place 2 Venom Counters on monsters your opponent controls. If you do, this monster can't attack during this turn Battle Phase. By removing from play this card from your Graveyard, select one Venom monster, Vennomine the Priestess of Poisonous Snakes, Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes, or Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes you control. It can attack twice during this turn's Battle Phase.
Sugested by Aarikku. It has a quite nice Venom Counter generating effect, and a Double Attack with Vennominaga will probably end the game.

Quote:
Venom Cobra
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
100/2000
Effect: When you Normal Summon this card, it's changed to defense position. Whenever any monster you opponent controls gets a Venom Counter, except by Venom Swamp effect, place one Poison Shield Counter on this card. Once per turn, if any of your Venom monsters would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can remove one Poison Shield Counter from the field for each monster you want to protect to negate the destruction.
Retrained version of original Venom Cobra. Sort of a Defender, The Magical Knight for Venoms. Actually, given the speed this Archetype creates Venom Counters...

Quote:
Venom Boa
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
1800/1200
Effect: You can Special Summon this card from you hand if you control two or more Venom monsters. Once per turn, you can select one level-4 or lower Reptile monster in your Graveyard to distribute a number of Venom Counters equal to the selected monster level on monsters you opponent controls. If you activate this effect, you can’t conduct your Battle Phase this turn.
Retrained version of Venom Boa. Easier too summon (they killed it being level 5), nice Venom Counter generating effect.

Quote:
Venom Snake
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
1200/600
Effect: Once per turn, you can place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn. When this card is removed from the field, place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster you opponent controls.
Retrained version of Venom Snake, just to make it more different from Venom Serpent.

Quote:
Venom Python
DARK
Reptile/Effect
1400/500
Effect: Once per turn, if this monster would be destroyed by battle, it is not. During the End Phase, put 1 Venom Counter on a monster that has battled this card. When this monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, add 1 Reptile-type monster with 1500 or less ATK from you deck to your hand.
Stall + Venom Counter + Search. More words are unnecessary.

Quote:
Venom Rattlesnake
EARTH
Reptile/Tuner/Effect
300/500
Effect: If a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by the effect of Venom Swamp you can Special Summon this card from your Hand or Graveyard. If you do so, this monster is removed from play when it is removed from the field.
Classical tuner with classical special summon effect.

Quote:
Vennomine the Priestess of Poisonous Snakes
DARK
Reptile/Synchro/Effect
2500/1000
1 Reptile-type Tuner + 1 or more reptile-type non-Tuner monsters
Effect: Once per turn, you can discard one card from your Hand to put a Venom Counter on a monster your opponent controls. If this card is removed from the field, you can send 2 Reptile-type monsters from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes from your Hand or Deck ignoring Summoning Conditions.
Synchro that creates venom counters, and special summons Vennominon. Not half bad.

Spells/Traps

Quote:
Snake Attacking from the Swamps
Continuous Spell Card
Activate only if you control a face-up Venom Swamp. You can only control one Snake Attacking from the Swamps at the same time. Whenever any monster your opponent controls is destroyed by Venom Swamp effect, inflict damage equal to half the original ATK of the destroyed monster to your opponent. If Venom Swamp would be removed from the field, you can remove this card instead. If the opponent activates any Field Spell Card, send both this card and the activated Field Card to the graveyard.
The burn effect is not that much powerful, but I wanted it to have some effect appart from just simply protecting Venom Swamp (the main idea for the card).

Quote:
Quick Poison
Quick-play Spell Card
When a Venom monster you control attacks or is attacked, you can discard both this card and another card in your Hand to the Graveyard to add Venom Counters equal to your monster level to the opponent monster.
Suggested by grandmastermuka. With this and Venom Swamp on the field, your monster will surely win.

Quote:
Venom Puddle
Normal Spell Card
When you activate this card, select two unused Monster zones in your opponent field. Until your 3rd End Phase after activating this card, any monster summoned to these zones gets a Venom Counter and is changed to Defense Position.
Quite unorthodox, but I kinda like it.

Quote:
Spitting Venom
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when your opponent Normal Summons, Special Summons or Flip Summons a monster. Discard 1 Venom monster from your hand to the Graveyard and select 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls. Switch the selected monster to Defense Position and add 1 Venom Counter to it.
Quite nice defense card to protect my Venoms from powerful monsters. With a Venom Swamp on the field, the monster would already lose 1000 ATK points at the end of the turn.

Quote:
Toxic Transmission
Normal Trap Card
Activate only if any monster your opponent controls receives a Venom Counter, except by Venom Swamp effect. Select other face-up monster you opponent controls and put a Venom Counter on it.
Quite straigthfoward, but really increases Venom Counter creation.

Quote:
Punishment of the Poisonous Deity
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by Venom Swamp effect. Draw 2 cards. You can discard one Venom monster from you hand to the Graveyard to reset this card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 Punishment of the Poisonous Deity per turn.
Trying to speed up things, Venoms lack speed.

That's what I have until now. Enjoy it, and post new ideas ^^.

Last edited by ConspicuousFlower : 08-30-2010 at 12:12 PM.
ConspicuousFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Aarikku will become famous soon enoughAarikku will become famous soon enough

Arg, the quotes make them hard to... quote. Ah well, I like Venoms.

Quote:
Venom Mamba
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
800/500
You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 "Venom Swamp" from your Deck to your hand. During your Standby Phase, you can remove from play this card in the graveyard to put an "Venom Counter" on 1 monster your opponent controls.
The first effect is pretty standard, but the second effect is amazing. If you draw this card, you get yourself a swamp. If you don't, you just Snake Rain it. It's really good! Nice work.

Quote:
Giant Venom Viper
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
2200/1000
Once per turn, you can tribute one Reptile-type monster on your side of the field to distribute a number of "Venom Counters" equal to the tributed monster's level on monsters you opponent controls. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you have activated this effect.
Meh. If it destroyed the monster, you could use it with Snake Whistle and the like. ...Well, it'd probably miss the timing, but I'm sure there's a way to do it. Otherwise, a 2200-ATK one-Tribute monster in a deck that eats away more monsters in a slow-summoning deck is really bad.

Quote:
Sneak Attack from the Swamps
Continuous Spell Card
Activate only if you control a face-up "Venom Swamp". You can only control one "Sneak Attack from the Swamps" at the same time. Whenever any monster your opponent controls is destroyed by "Venom Swamp" effect, inflict damage equal to half the original ATK of the destroyed monster to your opponent. If "Venom Swamp" would be removed from the field, you can remove this card instead.
Nice. Field Barrier plus awesomeness. You might need a ruling for if a Field Spell is played and Venom Swamp plus this are on the field - which Field lives? Beyond that, awesome card.

Quote:
Spitting Venom
Normal Trap Card
Activante only when your opponent Tribute-summons a level 6 or higher monster. Send one "Venom" monster from your hand to the graveyard to change the summoned monster to defense position. Put a Venom Counter on it.
Not bad, but not great either. I'd have it work against any monster at any time. It'd still be perfectly balanced.
Aarikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

ConspicuousFlower will become famous soon enoughConspicuousFlower will become famous soon enough

Thank youuu!! ^^ I'll try to clear up things a bit.

First: Snake Attacking from the Swamps (going to change the name) protects Venom Swamp from being removed from the field, not just destroyed. Ergo, if the enemy tries to put a new field spell, I can remove SAFTS instead.

Second: Any idea to how to improve Giant Venom Viper?

Third: Mmmm you mean work against any tribute, or against any summon?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGal View Post
First: Snake Attacking from the Swamps (going to change the name) protects Venom Swamp from being removed from the field, not just destroyed. Ergo, if the enemy tries to put a new field spell, I can remove SAFTS instead.
Okay, but the new Field Spell is still being activated, so would it destroy Swamps and then Venom Swamp or just stop after Swamps? I feel like there's a card with a similar ruling, but I forget which or what.

Quote:
Second: Any idea to how to improve Giant Venom Viper?
More ATK, or a way to Special Summon it easily, or tone down the effect to something not involving Tributing.

Quote:
Third: Mmmm you mean work against any tribute, or against any summon?
I was thinking just...

Discard 1 "Venom" monster and select 1 monster your opponent controls. Switch the selected monster to Defence Position and add 1 Venom Counter to it.

I think that'd still be balanced.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

Hmmm... What do you think about including in "Snake Attacking from the Swamps" the following text: If the opponent activates any Field Spell Card, send both this card and the activated Field Card to the cementery. Too broken?

About Giant Venom Viper. Instead of tributing: "Once per turn, you can remove from game one Reptile monster in the cementery to etc etc..."? I liked the idea of Viper being able to tribute herself xD.

Gonna change Spitting Venom ^^.

Apart from that, any idea about a new card? I'm welcoming any ideas.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Sounds good for all.

I think I have some Venom support in some of my various CaC threads... let's see...

Quote:
Venom Viper
DARK/4/Reptile/Effect/1600/1200
This card gains 200 ATK for each Venom Counter on the field.

Venom Hydra
DARK/2/Reptile/Effect/800/800
Once per turn, you can place 2 Venom Counters on monsters the field. If you do, you must skip your Battle Phase. By removing from play this card from your Graveyard, one of your Reptile-type monsters can attack twice this turn.
Hmm, I thought I had more. It's a shame you already used Viper.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

I added Venom Hydra (changed to Venom Viper, Giant Venom Viper changed to Giant Venom Python).
I have to think about your Viper, since I don't feel like it follows the deck theme. However, Venoms are weak, and having a beatstick would be good. The problem is: it`s supposed that your opponent monsters with Venom Counters should be destroyed quickly, so this card won't be a enormous beatstick. Hmmm, I have to think about it... Still thinking about more Spell/Trap Support anyway.

Also, thx for the help!!! I love having a high-level duelist analyzing my cards ^^.

Last edited by ConspicuousFlower : 08-15-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
Kinsenka
Pojo Veteran

Kinsenka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Venom Viper
DARK
Reptile/Effect
800/800
Once per turn, you can place 2 Venom Counters on monsters your opponent controls. If you do, you must skip your Battle Phase. By removing from play this card from your Graveyard, select one Reptile-type monster you control. It can attack twice during this turn's Battle Phase.
This + Ananta/Alien Overlord/Gan'giel = too much. It should be level specific, or archetype specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soran View Post
I like to give more than receive. I would give it to you hard.
Kinsenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

Hmmm... you're right. Limited to Venoms, Vennominon and Vennominaga. Apart from that, do you like the other cards?

Last edited by ConspicuousFlower : 08-16-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
Captain_Clasher
Fear the blade!!

Captain_Clasher is on a distinguished road

Venom Decks can be a pain to use, but can be annoying outright for the sheer annoyance factor of Venom Swamp. Personally, I try to avoid it, if at all possible.

Prehistory
Sundered Earth
Dyslexia
Plaguespreaders
Captain_Clasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #11
Aarikku
The Frog Sage

Quote:
Hmmm... youre right. Limited to Venoms, Vennominon and Vennominaga. Apart from that, do you like the other cards?
Hey, that's my card. :/

I'd rather tack on a "the selected monster cannot attack directly" or something.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #12
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

Uh... sorry if you don't wanted me to change it . But I think I'm leaving it like now, just to make Viper more tied to the archetype. Hmmm... will it's effect work on Vennominaga? Vennominaga it's unaffected by Monster Effects.

Apart from that, this Venoms need a way to return to the cementery after the effects of Mamba, Python and Viper. After all, Vennominon and Vennominaga require monsters in the graveyard to power up.

================================================== =======================================

Retrained both Venom Cobra and Venom Boa, to make them playable (You've killed Boa with Viper xD)

Quote:
Venom Cobra
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
100/2000
Effect: When you Normal Summon this card, it's changed to defense position. Once per turn, if any of your Venom monsters would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can remove one Venom Counter from the field for each monster you want to protect to negate the destruction.
Sort of a Defender, The Magical Knight for Venoms. Actually, given the speed this Archetype creates Venom Counters, combined with the new cards, having to remove them is not a burden.

Quote:
Venom Boa
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
1600/1200
Effect: You can Special Summon this card from you hand if you control two or more Venom monsters. Once per turn, you can pay any multiple of 500 Life Points. For each 500 Life Points paid, put 1 Venom Counter on a monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.
Easier too summon (they killed it being level 5), nice Venom Counter generating effect.

Also a new Trap Card.

Quote:
Toxin Transmission
Normal Trap Card
Activate only if any monster your opponent controls receives a Venom Counter, except by Venom Swamp effect. Select other face-up monster you opponent controls and put a Venom Counter on it.
Additional Comment:

Added new Spell Card:

Quote:
Grudge of the Poisonous Snake
Continuous Spell Card
During your Standby Phase, pay 500 life points or destroy this card. Whenever any Venom monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the cementery, add two Venom Counters to the monster that destroyed it. If the monster is destroyed by Venom Swamp effect before the next turn Draw Phase, draw 1 card.
Tried to speed up the slow Venoms. Nice?

Additional Comment:

No one is actually looking at this. Shame .

Last edited by ConspicuousFlower : 08-18-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
Terraplant
Best Fetus

Terraplant is on a distinguished road

Nice cards. I've got one.

Venom Ninja
DARK/Reptile/Level 3/Effect
ATK 1400/DEF 500
During the End Phase,put 1 Venom Counter to a monster that has battled this card. If all monsters your opponent controls have at least 1 Venom Counter,this card can attack your opponent's life points directly.

A few things about the 1st effect:
It's supposed to work every End Phase,like Worm Linx.
It's supposed to work even when Ninja is no longer on the field,like Black Garden's half ATK effect.
Terraplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #14
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

Hmmmm... Not that bad, but it's second effect kinda contradicts the first. I mean, personally I would use it for generating Venom Counters, not for attacking directly. In an ideal Venom deck, enemy monsters should be weakening so quickly by Venom Swamp that don't really need direct attacks. Maybe gonna change it a bit, and more important, xD, gona change it's name to some type of snake. Kinda like Venom Rattlesnake.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
Kinsenka
Pojo Veteran

Kinsenka is on a distinguished road

[quote=Terraplant;18960861]Venom Ninja
DARK/Reptile/Level 3/Effect
ATK 1400/DEF 500
During the End Phase,put 1 Venom Counter to a monster that has battled this card. If all monsters your opponent controls have at least 1 Venom Counter,this card can attack your opponent's life points directly./QUOTE]

A ninja is a snake? >_>

Wait, is that a nod to Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soran View Post
I like to give more than receive. I would give it to you hard.
Kinsenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #16
darthvader5666
Pojo Veteran

darthvader5666 is on a distinguished road

Nice cards. Here are two of mine:

Venom Python
Reptile/Tuner
DARK
1400/1000
When you normal summon or special summon this card, you can put 1 Venom counter on a face-up monster your opponent controls. Once, while this card is on the field, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. If a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by the effect of "Venom Swamp" you can special summon this card from your graveyard. If you do so, this monster is removed from play when it is removed from the field.

Venom Royal Guard
Reptile/Synchro/Effect
DARK
2600/2000
1 Reptile-type tuner + 1 or more reptile-type non-tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can discard one card from your hand to put a Venom Counter on a monster your opponent controls. If this card is destroyed by battle or by a card effect, you can send 3 Reptile-type monsters from your deck to the graveyard and summon "Venominon the King of Poisonous Snakes" from your deck. If this card is removed from play by your opponent's card effect, special summon one "Venominaga, the diety of poisonous snakes" from your deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

So what do you guys think of my cards? Advice would be appreciated. Also, the third effect on my Venom Royal Guard is to make sure people don't try to get around its second effect with Dimensional Prison xD

Last edited by darthvader5666 : 08-24-2010 at 07:25 AM.
darthvader5666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

Quote:
Venom Python
DARK
Reptile/Effect
1400/500
Effect: Once per turn, if this monster would be destroyed by battle, it is not. During the End Phase, put 1 Venom Counter on a monster that has battled this card. When this monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, add 1 Reptile-type monster with 1500 or less ATK from you deck to your hand.
Quote:
Venom Rattlesnake
EARTH
Reptile/Tuner/Effect
300/500
Effect: If a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by the effect of Venom Swamp you can Special Summon this card from your Hand or Graveyard. If you do so, this monster is removed from play when it is removed from the field.
Quote:
Vennomine the Priestess of Poisonous Snakes
DARK
Reptile/Synchro/Effect
2500/1000
1 Reptile-type Tuner + 1 or more reptile-type non-Tuner monsters
Effect: Once per turn, you can discard one card from your Hand to put a Venom Counter on a monster your opponent controls. If this card is removed from the field, you can send 2 Reptile-type monsters from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes from your Hand or Deck.
That's it. But Royal Guard was too broken.

Additional Comment:

Also retrained Venom Snake, Venom Cobra Venom Boa (yep, again). Finally, Giant Venom Python it's rejected:

Quote:
Venom Snake
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
1200/600
Effect: Once per turn, you can place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn. When this card is removed from the field, place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster you opponent controls.
Quote:
Venom Cobra
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
100/2000
Effect: When you Normal Summon this card, it's changed to defense position. Whenever any monster you opponent control gets a Venom Counter, except by Venom Swamp’s effect, place one Poison Shield Counter on this card. Once per turn, if any of your Venom monsters would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can remove one Poison Shield Counter from the field for each monster you want to protect to negate the destruction.
Quote:
Venom Boa
EARTH
Reptile/Effect
1800/1200
Effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand if you control two or more Venom monsters. Once per turn, you can select one level-4 or lower Reptile monster in your Graveyard to distribute a number of Venom Counters equal to the selected monster level on monsters you opponent controls. If you activate this effect, you can’t conduct your Battle Phase this turn.
I'm probably not creating any new monsters, and focusing into S/T support. Still loving any suggestion.

Additional Comment:

Added new trap.

Quote:
Punishment of the Poisonous Deity
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by Venom Swamp effect. Draw 2 cards. You can discard one Venom monster from you hand to the Graveyard to reset this card instead of sending it into the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 Punishment of the Poisonous Deity per turn.

Last edited by ConspicuousFlower : 08-29-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
grandmastermuka
Pojo Veteran

grandmastermuka is on a distinguished road

It occured to me, Venom Boa might not be killed for being a lvl 5, it works with Chaos End Master.

Either way, as the #1 reptile player in the world (multiple top 16's in regionals with it), I'll try and post at least 1 support card by day.

Venom Revenger
Lv 3/Dark/Reptile/Tuner/600 Atk/1500 Def
When a face-up reptile-type monster, other than a "Venom Rattler", you control is destroyed as a result of battle, you can special summon this card from your graveyard. Venom monsters you control cannot be attacked while you control this card. Only 1 "Venom Rattler" can be special summoned per turn.

Venom Speed Strike
Quick-play spell
Activate when a Venom monster you control attacks or is attacked, place "Venom Counter" on your opponent's monster equal to the level of your "Venom" monster.

Viper Lock
Counter Trap
Activate only by removing 2 "Venom Counters" from the field, negate the activation and of a monster, spell, or trap card, and destroy it. If the effect of a "Venom" card destroys a card on the field, you may add this card from your graveyard to your hand.

(Only 1 viper lock may be added from your graveyard to your hand per effect.)

grandmastermuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #19
ConspicuousFlower
Omnicidal murderer

Thanks for the help. ^^

Venom Revenger is not bad, but I decided that, at least now, I'm not adding new monsters. Apart, with only one Synchro, I don't think we need more than 1 specific tuner.

Venom Speed Strike and Viper Lock are actually quite nice, but Lock is a bit broken. It's a Solemn that only requires removing Venom Counters and it's reusable. Too much.

Additional Comment:

Two new Spells:

Quote:
Quick Poison
Quick-play Spell Card
When a Venom monster you control attacks or is attacked, you can discard both this card an another card in your Hand to the Graveyard to add Venom Counters equal to your monster level to the opponent monster.
Quote:
Venom Puddle
Normal Spell Card
When you activate this card, select two unused Monster zones in your opponent field. Until your 3rd End Phase after activating this card, any monster summoned to these zones gets a Venom Counter and is changed to Defense Position.

Last edited by ConspicuousFlower : 08-29-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #20
grandmastermuka
Pojo Veteran

grandmastermuka is on a distinguished road

Btw, I wonder how many people have noticed that "Vennominion cannot be special summoned by monster card effects".

One of the problems I've noticed is that Venom does suffer very specifically from a low monster count, as such, that is the biggest support they need.

Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv1
Lv 1/Earth/Reptile/0 Atk/500 Def
Place 1 Venom-counter on any monster that selects this card as an attack target. You can remove 1 "Venom" counter from the field and send this card from your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon 1 "Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv 3" from your hand or deck.

Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv 3
Lv 3/Earth/Reptile/1000 Atk/1600 Def
Once per turn, you can send 1 reptile-type monster from your deck to your graveyard to put 1 Venom-counter on one face-up monster on the field. You can remove 3 venom-counters from monsters on the field and send this card to the graveyard to special summon one "Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv 5" from your hand or deck.

Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv 5
Lv 5/Earth/Reptile/1500 Atk/2200 Def
You can special summon this card from your hand by removing all Venom-counters from one of your opponent's face-up monsters (at least 3). Once per turn, you can send 2 reptile-type monsters from your deck to the graveyard to place 1 venom-counter on each face-up monster your opponent controls. You may remove 5 Venom-counters from the field and send this card to the graveyard to special summon one "Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv 7" from your hand or deck.

Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv 7
Lv 7/Earth/Reptile/2200/3000
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by the effect of "Venomspreader Sidewinder Lv 5". Once per turn you can select 1 face-up reptile-type monster you control. Distribute venom-counters among face-up monsters on the field equal to the level of the selected monster, and then destroy it. While you control this face-up card, "Venom Swamp" cannot be targeted by card effects.

grandmastermuka is offline   Reply With Quote