Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Article Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default How are Tier 0 or 1 decks are defined.

I'm not all that on tier 0 decks but I wanted to make this thread to observe what makes these decks tier 0 or 1 and decided to list them. I will appreciate criticism on my analysis and will gladly change this if it is wrong and understandable. Or even add sections.

1. Toolbox
The ability to run at least 3 cards that is able to search your deck for the pieces you want, when you want them. This in turn makes every tier 0 and 1 decks a form of toolbox where they are able to grab cards when they want for what the situation calls for.
In the past top tier decks these "Searchers" includes,
- Elemental Hero Stratos coupled with 1 or 2 Reinforcement of the Army
- Gateway of the Six and Shien's Smoke Signal
- Charge of the Light Brigade
- Black Whirlwind
- Goblin Zombie and or Pyramid Turtle
- XX-Saber Darksoul
- Lonefire Blossom
- Infernity Archfiend
- Gravekeeper's Recruiter and or Gravekeeper's Spy
- Machina Gearframe
- Dragon Ravine
- Wind-Up Magician / Wind-Up Factory
- Inzektor Dragonfly / Inzektor Centipede
- Mermail Abyssmegalo/ Mermail Abyssteus / Mermail Abysslinde / Abyss-sphere / Atlantean Dragoons
- Spellbook Magician of Prophecy / Spellbook of Secrets
- Geargiarsenal / Geargiarmor
- Fire Formation - Tenki
- The 8 Elemental Dragon Rulers

Massive draw power can also be included under this section if they are able to be used consistently virtually on turn 1 or 2 without hindering your flow of the deck.
These draw powers includes,
- Destiny Draw
- Allure of Darkness
- Solar Recharge
- Six Samurai United
- Cards of Consonance
- Sacred Sword of Seven Stars

Tool Box can also refer to Reverse Tool Box, where the deck focuses on dumping the cards they need to use later.
Cards that help this "Reverse Tool Box Theme" includes
- Basically all Lightsworn cards
- Dark Grepher
- Armageddon Knight
- Foolish Burial
- Infernity Inferno
- Dragon Ravine
- Much of the Spellbook cards

2. Coping with bad hands
All Tier 0 decks can cope with bad draws, while most Tier 1 decks can as well. "bad hands" in top tier decks can only seem to "slow down" your setup, whereas with other non tier 0 or 1 decks can completely die without their proper cards.

3.Boss Monsters
This is probably what mostly defines what makes a deck top tier or not. Top tier decks must run at least 2 boss monsters, that is easily able to Special summon, with little or no cost that doesn't detriment you in any way possible, and have the ability to summon these boss monsters on turn 1 or 2. (Does not necessarily mean it must) Synchro/Xyz summoning without minusing also goes under this category.
These "boss monsters" first must have an acceptable attack range that can attack over most monsters of the meta. Mostly 2400 or above.
In tier 0 decks, these "boss monsters" must possess an effect with an immense effect on the game, usually giving the owner a near game winning situation. (These boss monsters can also be found in Tier 1 decks)
Other wise, most Tier 1 decks run boss monsters that otherwise with abilities such as,
-Hard to get rid of
-Takes control of the duel
-Abnormally high attack
-Constantly recurring
-Generate a freebie after death or while on field

These Boss monsters includes,
- Dark Armed Dragon
- Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
- Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth
- Judgment Dragon
- Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
- XX-Saber Faultroll
- Machina Fortress
- Blackwing Armor Master
- Guardian Eatos
- Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
- Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
- Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
- Scrap Dragon
- Herald of Perfection
- Archlord Kristya
- Rescue Rabbit (Essentially becomes any Rank 4 Xyz monster, most popular for the summon of Evolzar Laggia)
- Mermail Abyssmegalo
- Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
- Number 11: Big Eye
- High Priestess of Prophecy
- Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders / Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos / Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls / Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms

*Monarchs in general can be considered boss monsters to an extent.

4. OTK potential
Most Tier 0 decks have a potential to OTK while having retaining control if this OTK does not succeed. Few Tier 1 decks have OTK potential.
This OTK potential must include
-The ability to take out 8000 points of damage one way or another.
-The ability to remove cards from the opposing field without the help of any other cards such as Heavy Storm or Giant Trunade.
-The ability to OTK without having drawn 3 copies of the same card. Drawing two copies while running three copies is possible.
-The ability to "search" or "draw" the OTK
-The ability to not minus oneself to generate the OTK
-The ability to "Clean up" oneself if the OTK does not succeed I.E. Retaining control with cards such as Stardust Dragon, Infernity Barrier, Solemn Judgment, etc. Or destroying your opponent's options such as discarding their hand.

Examples of such OTK includes
- Elemental Hero Stratos, 1 or 2 copies of Dark Armed Dragon, Destiny Draw, and 2 copies of Emergency Teleport.
- Summoner Monk that summons another Summoner Monk and into a Rescue Cat. Generating two Dark Strike Fighter or Arcanite Magician.
- Infernity loop
- Rescue Cat and two copies of XX-Saber Faultroll
- Double Gateway of the Six, Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki, Kagemusha of the Six Samurai, Grandmaster of the Six Samurai or Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan.
- Mermail Abyssmegalo, Atlantean Marksman, and any Water monster to tribute for Mermail Abyssmegalo.
- Wind-Up discard loop (Although not an OTK, not very many decks win after having their entire hand discarded)
- Inzektor Dragonfly, Inzektor Giga-Mantis with Inzektor Dragonfly and Inzektor Hornet in graveyard.
- Karakuri OTK
- Return from a Different Dimension (Dragon Rulers)

5. Control/Advantage
Any other Tier 0 or 1 deck that do not possess an OTK potential, usually possess either an immense amount of control that limits any play the opponent can execute or an ability to generate an immense amount of card advantage to Overwhelm the opponent. Such setups can consist of negaters to possess control, or constant Supply of cards by one means or another. Few decks do possess the ability to both execute an OTK and retain Control/Advantage.

Examples of Control:
- Evolzar Laggia
- Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
- Stardust Dragon
- Archlord Kristya

Examples of Advantage:
- Geargiarmor
- Black Whirlwind
- Spellbook of Judgment
- Super Rejuvenation

Examples of both:
- Inzektor Dragonfly / Inzektor Centipede with Inzektor Hornet
- Atlantean Marksman / Atlantean Heavy Infantry with Mermail Abyssmegalo / Mermail Abyssteus
- Spellbook of Judgment (Special summoning monsters such as Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer or Jowgen the Spiritualist)
- Wind-Up Magician / Wind-Up Factory / Wind-Up Hunter

6. Unstoppable
All Tier 0 and most Tier 1 decks can consistently setup without being easily interrupted by opposing card effects. Most top tier decks run cards to counteract these interruption. I.E. Solemn Judgment, Cold Wave, Book of Moon, etc.
And even when interrupted by the opponent, Tier 0 and 1 decks can usually retry the turn afterwards or even on the same turn.


P.S. This article does not apply to any FTK or OTK oriented decks such as Magical Explosion FTK, Frog FTK, or Makurya FTK. Though the tool box and the OTK potential still applies, FTK and OTK are what I call "Irregulars" Something that bypass any form of strategy and gameplay and win automatically without any "skill" involved, mostly winning due to luck.

So these are my analysis, comment and discuss.

Last edited by bioober : 10-11-2013 at 11:40 PM.
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
sanillination
Pojo Veteran
 
sanillination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 797
iTrader: 0
sanillination is on a distinguished road
Default

heraklinos is more of a boss monster than gyzarus

gyzarus doesn't mean game and is not as much of a win condition for GBs as the herk/chariotlock
sanillination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
PsychicKid
Final Orgpu XIV
 
PsychicKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 11,322
iTrader: 4 (100%)
PsychicKid is on a distinguished road
Default

Even with all of these options, ultimately the tournament results will determine the "tier" lists. Very good read though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTewart View Post
Also note that since the card uses the "if... you can" construction, it's impossible to miss the timing
YGOrganization - Complex TCG Rulings and Articles, OCG Spoilers, and More
PsychicKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanillination View Post
heraklinos is more of a boss monster than gyzarus

gyzarus doesn't mean game and is not as much of a win condition for GBs as the herk/chariotlock
I'll add the herk, and Gyzarus is still a win condition regardless.
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
Asherpotter
The Frank Veteran
 
Asherpotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belle Harbor, NY
Posts: 5,422
iTrader: 91 (100%)
Asherpotter is on a distinguished road
Default

Infernities need a boss monster.

Additional Comment:

Wait, they have Infernity Doom Dragon...
__________________

Last edited by Asherpotter : 08-09-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Asherpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
Kinger256
Registered User
 
Kinger256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 211
iTrader: 0
Kinger256 is on a distinguished road
Default

If you're gonna add eatos add beast king barbaros
Kinger256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #7
LosinWithStyleSup?
Registered User
 
LosinWithStyleSup?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 185
iTrader: 0
LosinWithStyleSup? is on a distinguished road
Default

Top decks are simple: They do the most damage output for the least amount of cards. Examples include Judgment Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon, the Infernity Combo, Coldwave + Rescue Cat, etc. Damage output can be defined in terms of game position: either taking control of the game, or an OTK. They usualy have varied means of winning and a draw engine to move through cards quickly or slow the state of the game down into a game state in their advantage. That's all there is to it and anything more said is making this topic more complicated than it should be.
__________________
I wish I were as good as you.
LosinWithStyleSup? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #8
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosinWithStyleSup? View Post
Top decks are simple: They do the most damage output for the least amount of cards. Examples include Judgment Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon, the Infernity Combo, Coldwave + Rescue Cat, etc. Damage output can be defined in terms of game position: either taking control of the game, or an OTK. They usualy have varied means of winning and a draw engine to move through cards quickly or slow the state of the game down into a game state in their advantage. That's all there is to it and anything more said is making this topic more complicated than it should be.
By your definition, the top tier decks can be inconsistant as possible and still win?
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #9
LosinWithStyleSup?
Registered User
 
LosinWithStyleSup?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 185
iTrader: 0
LosinWithStyleSup? is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioober View Post
By your definition, the top tier decks can be inconsistant as possible and still win?
Do you have low reading comprehension? If i have to spell it out for you, consistency is defined by the number of times a deck attains a playable hand. Draw power and searches add to it. Low number of cards required to attain the most advantage adds to consistency. I didn't state it because I though it would be obvious to anyone reading that moving through cards quickly and being able to set up as a result of that is consistency. And none the less, that is deck alone. A good player's playstyle adds to any decks consistency. Any player can beat another with a good deck with the most overused plays. A good player can play through bad hands while setting up to win anyways, evident during the LS/synchro cat format. Did I get good hands that are unbeatable sometimes? Of course. Did I also open up with hands that consisted of gardnas and wulfs? Of course. Did i Win anyways? Most always. Back on top and to conclude: The best decks get the most bang for the least cards or slow the game into a desirable state the most often.
__________________
I wish I were as good as you.

Last edited by LosinWithStyleSup? : 08-10-2010 at 01:31 AM.
LosinWithStyleSup? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:36 AM   #10
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosinWithStyleSup? View Post
Do you have low reading comprehension? If i have to spell it out for you, consistency is defined by the number of times a deck attains a playable hand. Draw power and searches add to it. Low number of cards required to attain the most advantage adds to consistency. I didn't state it because I though it would be obvious to anyone reading that moving through cards quickly and being able to set up as a result of that is consistency. And none the less, that is deck alone. A good player's playstyle adds to any decks consistency. Any player can beat another with a good deck with the most overused plays. A good player can play through bad hands while setting up to win anyways, evident during the LS/synchro cat format. Did I get good hands that are unbeatable sometimes? Of course. Did I also open up with hands that consisted of gardnas and wulfs? Of course. Did i Win anyways? Most always. Back on top and to conclude: The best decks get the most bang for the least cards or slow the game into a desirable state the most often.
Then why doesn't Batteryman make top tier? They have a Boss monster, and a searcher. But they just can't cope with bad hands and tend to fall apart, and they can't otk unless it's triple AA and Short Circuit, which is inconsistent.
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #11
LosinWithStyleSup?
Registered User
 
LosinWithStyleSup?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 185
iTrader: 0
LosinWithStyleSup? is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioober View Post
Then why doesn't Batteryman make top tier? They have a Boss monster, and a searcher. But they just can't cope with bad hands and tend to fall apart, and they can't otk unless it's triple AA and Short Circuit, which is inconsistent.
Because their boss monster is inferior, their searches are reliant on destruction, and like i said before, they cannot make the biggest boom with a few number of cards. You clearly have no reading and yugioh comprehension. Just sit and think for awhile and maybe it'll come to you. I've won an SJC and topped 500+ player regionals more than 10 times, along with nationals. I am pretty sure i know what i'm talking about. Anyways, im done with this thread. I sure hope you seriously think about what you said, how ignorant it is, how little it makes sense, and maybe you'll understand the concept of the game in the future.
__________________
I wish I were as good as you.
LosinWithStyleSup? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #12
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosinWithStyleSup? View Post
Because their boss monster is inferior, their searches are reliant on destruction, and like i said before, they cannot make the biggest boom with a few number of cards. You clearly have no reading and yugioh comprehension. Just sit and think for awhile and maybe it'll come to you. I've won an SJC and topped 500+ player regionals more than 10 times, along with nationals. I am pretty sure i know what i'm talking about. Anyways, im done with this thread. I sure hope you seriously think about what you said, how ignorant it is, how little it makes sense, and maybe you'll understand the concept of the game in the future.
The first half just proved my thread correct. And the second half is just you showing off and rubbing it in people's face. But I really doubt that your tournament records are true.
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #13
strikeslast
Pixel Lich
 
strikeslast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Empty Space
Age: 19
Posts: 811
iTrader: 3 (100%)
strikeslast is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioober View Post
The first half just proved my thread correct. And the second half is just you showing off and rubbing it in people's face. But I really doubt that your tournament records are true.
Well, you don't really have to come in there and try to prove the dude wrong.
Because that's called trolling, you see. And those who troll are turned to solid uranium and shot into deep space. We wouldn't want that, now would we? XD


This thread is boss. Not just subbing, but copy-pasting the OP onto my flash drive, becuse I've always needed a professional opinion on what makes a great deck.

You get a gold star!
http://onlytheblogknowsbrooklyn.com/...gold-star3.jpg

All humans should strive for gold stars, yo.
__________________
Quote:
Sparks. Sparks in everything.
strikeslast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:55 AM   #14
Gabokun
Pika Pika
 
Gabokun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,094
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Gabokun is on a distinguished road
Default

when a broken card is released you make a deck based on that card(s) and you win before another deck has a chance to respond
for example: you can beat batterymens before they can OTK you
__________________
ARG Writer

Burning Abyss Discussion. Pojo vets only
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1193980
Gabokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #15
Starkiller
Learning the Ropes
 
Starkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0
Starkiller is on a distinguished road
Default

Lol I love the idea of "Tier 0" - it doesn't make any sense. The entire point of tiers are that you know that tier 1 is the best and tier 2 is second best and so on. When Deck A comes along and is better than the current tier 1 deck (Deck B) then Deck A becomes tier 1 and Deck B becomes tier 2, everything moves down a tier.

Deck A definitely does not become tier 0. That's ridiculous. Because when another deck comes along that is even better than Deck A what are you going to call it "Tier -1"? No, of course not. You'll just call it plain old tier 1.

end rant

P.S My deck is so sick that it's tier -2, believe it!
Starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #16
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
Lol I love the idea of "Tier 0" - it doesn't make any sense. The entire point of tiers are that you know that tier 1 is the best and tier 2 is second best and so on. When Deck A comes along and is better than the current tier 1 deck (Deck B) then Deck A becomes tier 1 and Deck B becomes tier 2, everything moves down a tier.

Deck A definitely does not become tier 0. That's ridiculous. Because when another deck comes along that is even better than Deck A what are you going to call it "Tier -1"? No, of course not. You'll just call it plain old tier 1.

end rant

P.S My deck is so sick that it's tier -2, believe it!
Tier 0 has existed in many competitive scenes of gaming not only to yugioh. The term Tier 0 is to given to those who completely dominate other top tier decks and hands down is the best deck. Like during this year's nationals 25 out of 32 topping were X-sabers. And 2 years ago Tele-dad reigned supreme over all other decks, hands down. These certainty of which is the best makes it tier 0, only 1 deck can exist under the tier 0 at a time.
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #17
fortenbraz
Registered User
 
fortenbraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 122
iTrader: 0
fortenbraz is on a distinguished road
Default

i wonder how the tier 1/0 deck from different eras of yugioh would stand up to one another. i would love to see teledad vs chaos, lightsworn (in their prime) vs yata lock. i think it would be cool and make us understand the tier system better by seeing if it has evolved or devolved overtime.
fortenbraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #18
L0ne
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hemel Hempstead. The town that got blown up. England.
Posts: 1,010
iTrader: 0
L0ne is on a distinguished road
Default

Tier 0 is a hypothetical term that bears a similar meaning to S class. It is generally applied to a single deck type that dominates all other decks in the tournament scene.
L0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #19
Fox, The End
Grapha's Secretary
 
Fox, The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,421
iTrader: 14 (89%)
Fox, The End is on a distinguished road
Default

Very nice.
I'd say add milling into the "Toolbox" part under massive drawing. That's how Lightsworn got, and still gets it's power, I guess it would be the same as mass drawing, but with a huge downside.

Opinion: I don't think Tier 0 decks exist. I mean XSabers and Infernities are good, but easily being able to lock down a deck with 1 or 2 cards makes it more vulnerable than amazing IMO.
Fox, The End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox, The End View Post
Very nice.
I'd say add milling into the "Toolbox" part under massive drawing. That's how Lightsworn got, and still gets it's power, I guess it would be the same as mass drawing, but with a huge downside.

Opinion: I don't think Tier 0 decks exist. I mean XSabers and Infernities are good, but easily being able to lock down a deck with 1 or 2 cards makes it more vulnerable than amazing IMO.
Thanks, I'll add the milling part. And as for tier 0, 25 out of top 32 at US Nationals were X-sabers, this probably proved that X-sabers are hands down the best deck out there right now. So that's why we consider them tier 0, this was the same with Tele-dad, the entire top cut lineups were composed of tele-dad except for like 1 or two Lightsworn. X-sabers also sometimes runs X-Saber Pashuul to stall along with Cold Wave and hyunlei to remove any threats. As for Tele-dad they ran Caius and Breaker to remove the threats, sadly Consecrated Light didn't exist back then.

Last edited by bioober : 08-14-2010 at 11:29 AM.
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:15 AM   #21
Starman_Omega
Pojo Veteran
 
Starman_Omega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Spokane, WA
Age: 23
Posts: 545
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Starman_Omega is on a distinguished road
Default

Koa'ki Meiru have all of these...so why do they continue to flounder?
__________________
Ebay! Lots of terrific deals - Click Here for auctions and Buy it now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by purity_reloaded View Post
Yu-Gi-Oh! is serious business.
Starman_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #22
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,922
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman_Omega View Post
Koa'ki Meiru have all of these...so why do they continue to flounder?
That's probably because they can't cope with bad hands.... it's right up on the list. And they can't search consistently whenever they want.
bioober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #23
vahallo
reprint EVERYTHING
 
vahallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,618
iTrader: 0
vahallo is on a distinguished road
Default

Machina gadgets teir 0...lolz
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirasaki View Post
Needs moar cowbell IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagm View Post
Add a third Upstart to make it 42 cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chile125 View Post

3 maxx c is bad because you can only activate it once per turn

vahallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #24
Pheano
Ultimate Hero
 
Pheano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ruling the world Deck: Schwarzflügel
Age: 24
Posts: 22,839
iTrader: 150 (100%)
Pheano is on a distinguished road
Default

A deck becomes tier zero when it is the only top deck.
__________________
Subscribe to my Youtube and check out my Ebay store!



[YouTube] / [Ebay] / [Pojo Articles] / [Twitter] / [Facebook] / [Trades]
Pheano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #25
Morleh!
Custom User Title
 
Morleh!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 19
Posts: 1,553
iTrader: 12 (100%)
Morleh! is on a distinguished road
Default

BWAM is a boss monster?

Anyways, yeah. A Tier 0 deck is a deck that's dominating the format (e.g. Tele-DAD usually topped at least 14 - 15 per SJC).

I guess what you said is right, but don't forget the sheer obvious fact that some decks just have broken cards.

Edit: LOL professional opinion.
Morleh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisements


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.