Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Dragon Ball Z/GT > Dragon Ball / DBZ / GT Anime/Manga Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
FutureTrunksSSJ1
 
FutureTrunksSSJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,721
iTrader: 2 (67%)
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is on a distinguished road
Default How strong is Pure Evil Buu? (Gray Buu)

The only time we see him fight is against Majin Buu. How strong do you think the Pure Evil Buu (gray Buu) is?
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

I always put him at the level of Kid Buu seeing as he essentially is just like Kid Buu since he was the evil side of buu manifest. He was separated from the good side of Buu (Mr. Buu) which was created by the kaioshins when Kid Buu absorbed them. Before that Kid Buu was pure evil so it makes sense that if Evil Buu was separated from the Kaioshins impressions that he would have Kid Buus power as well. Its unclear whether he had any part of any of the kaioshins though. If he didnt then he would essentially be Kid Buu but in a different manifestation.

Last edited by Gotrunkillo : 06-04-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
FutureTrunksSSJ1
 
FutureTrunksSSJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,721
iTrader: 2 (67%)
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrunkillo View Post
I always put him at the level of Kid Buu seeing as he essentially is just like Kid Buu since he was the evil side of buu manifest. He was separated from the good side of Buu (Mr. Buu) which was created by the kaioshins when Kid Buu absorbed them. Before that Kid Buu was pure evil so it makes sense that if Evil Buu was separated from the Kaioshins impressions that he would have Kid Buus power as well. Its unclear whether he had any part of any of the kaioshins though. If he didnt then he would essentially be Kid Buu but in a different manifestation.
I'm wondering why he didn't just become Kid Buu when they separated.
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTrunksSSJ1 View Post
I'm wondering why he didn't just become Kid Buu when they separated.
I always wondered the same thing. I created a thread once on here about the same thing but most people didnt know. I think its just due to Evil Buu being created from a cloud of anger and evil. Its confusing, I mean when you think about it when Super Buu was created he was created by the combination of Evil Buu and Good Buu with Evil Buu being the predominate form using the Kaioshins power in Good Buu. When Mr. Buu was detached inside by Vegeta then he should have reverted to Evil Buu or Evil Buu should have been Kid Buu from the beginning.

Last edited by Gotrunkillo : 06-04-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
MooooooCow
fin~
 
MooooooCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 9,467
iTrader: 0
MooooooCow is on a distinguished road
Default

evil buu was created through trauma, almost like a psychological split, while kid buu was created by stripping absorptions physically. The main difference to me is that buu made the first split himself, while the the other was forced by vegeta and goku.

Clearly evil buu has none of the kaioshins in him, or kid buu wouldn't have been formed by removing good buu from super buu.
__________________
MooooooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #6
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooooooCow View Post
evil buu was created through trauma, almost like a psychological split, while kid buu was created by stripping absorptions physically. The main difference to me is that buu made the first split himself, while the the other was forced by vegeta and goku.

Clearly evil buu has none of the kaioshins in him, or kid buu wouldn't have been formed by removing good buu from super buu.
Definitely on the same page with you with everything but how do you explain when good buu was ripped out of super buu that he didnt revert back to evil buu when it was originally evil buu that actually absorbed him? I mean at that point evil buu was a physical manifestation so he did absorb good buu just like kid buu originally absorbed everyone.

Last edited by Gotrunkillo : 06-05-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:24 AM   #7
FutureTrunksSSJ1
 
FutureTrunksSSJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,721
iTrader: 2 (67%)
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrunkillo View Post
Definitely on the same page with you with everything but how do you explain when good buu was ripped out of super buu that he didnt revert back to evil buu when it was originally evil buu that actually absorbed him? I mean at that point evil buu was a physical manifestation so he did absorb good buu just like kid buu originally absorbed everyone.
Yeah that's what I don't get.

Evil Buu absorbs Buu, Buu is detached from Super Buu, Super Buu should revert to Evil Buu but goes Kid Buu instead. That's like saying Super Gogeta powers down to Vegeto. Either way, Majin Buu was separated in both cases but it caused Buu to have 2 different evil forms and neither have the kaioshins.
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #8
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,132
iTrader: 0
tienshinhan08 is on a distinguished road
Default

I think that difference has to be what caused the transformations. In the first case, it was psychological, as Moo said. Buu gets extremely angry about Satan getting shot, causing the expulsion of evil buu from his body.

The second time Good Buu was physically ripped from Super Buu's body. So IMO Evil Buu may not have been hanging in Majin Buu's body, but rather he was manifested by all of the anger and hate that built up in Majin Buu. Just an opinion, but i think that the circumstances of the transformations is what made them different.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

I guess it all makes sense. I wonder how long it took AT to think about these little details. He had to be a pretty deep and analytical mind to come up with this stuff IMO.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
Demonic_Kid_Buu
Pojo Veteran
 
Demonic_Kid_Buu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: chillin at Roshi's
Age: 31
Posts: 515
iTrader: 0
Demonic_Kid_Buu is on a distinguished road
Default

Personally I believe that when Buu split into Fat and Skinny Buu his power split as well, with Evil Buu gaining the bulk of the original Majin Buu's power. If I had to guess I'd say Evil Buu got atleast 60% of that power.
Demonic_Kid_Buu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #11
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic_Kid_Buu View Post
Personally I believe that when Buu split into Fat and Skinny Buu his power split as well, with Evil Buu gaining the bulk of the original Majin Buu's power. If I had to guess I'd say Evil Buu got atleast 60% of that power.
Thats about what i would say as well. Its just that fat buu was less harmful as evil buu and the original form of kid buu.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:36 AM   #12
FutureTrunksSSJ1
 
FutureTrunksSSJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,721
iTrader: 2 (67%)
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic_Kid_Buu View Post
Personally I believe that when Buu split into Fat and Skinny Buu his power split as well, with Evil Buu gaining the bulk of the original Majin Buu's power. If I had to guess I'd say Evil Buu got atleast 60% of that power.
The only thing with that is we only see him fight Majin Buu. Oh, I call fat Buu Majin Buu so yeah. If he fought Goku or Vegeta then we could get a better idea as to how strong he is.
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #13
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran
 
ShOcK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,862
iTrader: -1 (40%)
ShOcK is on a distinguished road
Default

Evil Buu was just like Piccolo to Kami. All of the evil inside a person just coming out. They are still the same person which explains why when good buu was ripped out he didnt become evil buu because when Evil Buu ate good buu, he just became one again this time with the evil side being dominant.
ShOcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #14
Kangal
GTS-86 Orange
 
Kangal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,598
iTrader: 0
Kangal is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah that's a difficult question, lets answer it with maths.

1) Kid Buu + Kao = Fat Buu
2) Fat Buu = Good Buu + Evil Buu
3) Evil Buu + Good Buu = Super Buu
4) Super Buu - Good Buu = Kid Buu

5) Therefore, Kid Buu + Kao = Fat Buu = Evil Buu + Good Buu = Super Buu

Now here it gets interesting:
6) Thus, Kid Buu + Kao = Super Buu
7) Thus, Kid Buu = Super Buu - Kao
Remember number 4)
Therefore, Super Buu - Good Buu = Super Buu - Kao
Therefore, Good Buu = Kao (common sense contradicting the series*)

Now it gets even more interesting:
Remember number 5)
Therefore, Fat Buu = Super Buu
Or the long way
1) Kid Buu + Kao = Fat Buu
6) Kid Buu + Kao = Super Buu
Therefore, Fat Buu = Super Buu (common sense contradicting the series*)

*ie The writers did not use common sense

Here's an attempt to solve the anamoly:
Let's say Kid Buu was 100% pure (mindless) evil and had 100 units power.
Let's say Kao was -100% evil (pure good) and had 40 units power.
Now let's say Evil Buu took 60% of power and 60% of total evil.

Evil list:
A) Kid Buu (100)
B) Kao (-100)
C) Fat Buu (0)
D) Good Buu (-60)
E) Evil Buu (60)
F) Super Buu(0)

Power list:
G) Kid Buu (100)
H) Kao (40)
I) Fat Buu (140)
J) Good Buu (56)
K) Evil Buu (84)
L) Super Buu (140)

Therefore, we've disproved that Kao = Good Buu (fixing the anomaly/contradiction)
But notice Super Buu and Fat Buu have the same power and evil. Instead of fixing the anomaly, we've strengthened it with some evidence proving that Fat Buu = Super Buu. And on top, we've just proved that Fat Buu does not equal Good Buu (different stats), contrary to the series. If I did the maths wrong somewhere (IDTS I've double checked) it is more correct to say the writers stuffed up and the Buu series is slightly misleading.

If you agree to the series/don't agree with this; do not flame me, I just did the maths as shown, flame the writers or yourself.
P.S. don't reply by quoting the whole thing just use @Kangal, lets please keep threads clean (no more unnecessary double text) !

Last edited by Kangal : 06-06-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: fixing typo - buggy C letter
Kangal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
MooooooCow
fin~
 
MooooooCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 9,467
iTrader: 0
MooooooCow is on a distinguished road
Default

Not to say it isn't a good attempt, but it doesn't use all the information we're given.

One, you're missing the southern kaioshin. Two, fat buu is weaker than super buu even though their made up of the same components because the fat kaioshin made fat buu gentle. When he spits out his good side and re-absorbs him, buu loses all inhibitors on his power.
__________________
MooooooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #16
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

@kangal. I would agree with everything but like moo said super buu is stronger because hes: 1. leaner and more atheletic. 2. has evil and majin power less inhibited if at all like fat majin buu's power was. Super Buu essentially just used the power of good buu which was the kaioshins without the good natured personalities inhibiting him becuase Evil buu was in control this time.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran
 
ShOcK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,862
iTrader: -1 (40%)
ShOcK is on a distinguished road
Default

I dont think AT cared since he didnt even want to write this series to begin with.
ShOcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #18
FutureTrunksSSJ1
 
FutureTrunksSSJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,721
iTrader: 2 (67%)
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is on a distinguished road
Default

I thought I'd bring this back because of something that was said by Piccolo when I was watching it yesterday. Piccolo said Evil Buu was even stronger than the original Buu and I'm sure he was referring to before Buu separated into Majin Buu and Evil Buu so that would make Evil Buu stronger than the Majin Buu that was revived by Babidi.
__________________
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent I am the light in the darkness I am truth. Allied to good, nightmare to you!" -Goku
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #19
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,132
iTrader: 0
tienshinhan08 is on a distinguished road
Default

No Evil Buu is stronger than Good Buu, not Fat Buu. He is a portion of Fat Buu's power.
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #20
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

What I think is interesting is some people think that the percentage of power that split between evil buu and good buu was pretty close but in this manga quote it says that most of the power split into evil buu.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/dragon-...86-page-7.html


To me most would be like a 75%-25% split or more. If you notice good buu or mr. buu seemingly fought better against kid buu then he did against evil buu. This could imply that evil buu is stronger then kid buu.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #21
MooooooCow
fin~
 
MooooooCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 9,467
iTrader: 0
MooooooCow is on a distinguished road
Default

I really hate that argument. The only way Mr buu puts up a better fight against kid buu than he did against evil buu is how long he lasts, given that kid buu didn't try to turn him into chocolate, there's no real difference.

In both cases he easily gets his ass handed to him.
MooooooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #22
CONTAK
Son of the Prince
 
CONTAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,933
iTrader: 0
CONTAK is on a distinguished road
Default

I would say that evil buu is totally different than kid buu. I mean that kid buu without the good buu is 100% evil, because vegeta physically ripped the good buu out of him. Gray/Evil on the other hand was created by fat buu through his emotions, but I want to say that evil buu still had goodness inside of him (but only like a very very small percent), it would explain gray buu still wearing the dikai clothes. Plus buu created evil buu out of his hatred and revenge for the humans, but also for the love of his friends, so evil/gray buu would be a personification of that, Mostly evil with a hint goodness but so small as to not really be noticable. Since one cant really gauge emotions and evil buu was the personification of buu's current emotions at the time its not like it was a clean cut of good and evil, it would be like breaking a candy bar in half with your hands, its not gonna be a clean cut of 50% and 50%.

Last edited by CONTAK : 08-17-2010 at 12:20 PM.
CONTAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #23
FutureTrunksSSJ1
 
FutureTrunksSSJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,721
iTrader: 2 (67%)
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONTAK View Post
I would say that evil buu is totally different than kid buu. I mean that kid buu without the good buu is 100% evil, because vegeta physically ripped the good buu out of him. Gray/Evil on the other hand was created by fat buu through his emotions, but I want to say that evil buu still had goodness inside of him (but only like a very very small percent), it would explain gray buu still wearing the dikai clothes. Plus buu created evil buu out of his hatred and revenge for the humans, but also for the love of his friends, so evil/gray buu would be a personification of that, Mostly evil with a hint goodness but so small as to not really be noticable. Since one cant really gauge emotions and evil buu was the personification of buu's current emotions at the time its not like it was a clean cut of good and evil, it would be like breaking a candy bar in half with your hands, its not gonna be a clean cut of 50% and 50%.
No, Evil Buu was just that..Evil Buu. Fat Buu had ALL the good of the two.
__________________
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent I am the light in the darkness I am truth. Allied to good, nightmare to you!" -Goku
FutureTrunksSSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
CONTAK
Son of the Prince
 
CONTAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,933
iTrader: 0
CONTAK is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTrunksSSJ1 View Post
No, Evil Buu was just that..Evil Buu. Fat Buu had ALL the good of the two.
You can't deny that evil buu still had parts of the dikai in him, kid buu doesn't have an oz of the dikai in him, theres the difference. Which leads me to believe that evil buu could have a very small percent of goodness inside, but no where near enough to turn good again.
CONTAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #25
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Gotrunkillo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooooooCow View Post
I really hate that argument. The only way Mr buu puts up a better fight against kid buu than he did against evil buu is how long he lasts, given that kid buu didn't try to turn him into chocolate, there's no real difference.

In both cases he easily gets his ass handed to him.
Well I didn't say he was for sure stronger than kid buu. Its just something to think about. In both cases you're right he does get his ass handed to him so its tough to say exactly.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisements


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.