Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Pokémon > Pokemon Video Game - Team Building / Team Rating Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
sqrrlsarge

Default Good OU team or too offensive?

so I have an OU team going and I thought I'd get everybody's opinions on what they thought of it.

Lead: Metagross.

Nature: Adamant

EV's: 255 ATK, 255 DEF

Moves: Brick Break, Earthquake, Explosion, and Meteor Mash

Item: None

Purposes: okay, first off, I know some of you guys might say to replace Brick Break with bullet punch, but its there for a reason that's part of his purpose. I got him to take out early game setups. Brick Break is there not only to kill rock and steel types, but also to destroy early Light Screen/Reflect setups. Earthquake and Meteor mash are self explanatory, and Explosion is there to kill early game sweepers, and if I time it right stop baton pass sweeps in their tracks. another thing I know I might get criticized for is the lack of choice specs. this is because I NEED him to be able to use any of his 4 moves, because of pokemon like Ninjask. so basically, he has 2 purposes: sweep stoper, and in general to take out at least one or if I'm lucky 2 pokemon before he goes down. he is NOT for use throughout the battle, but rather a "one shot one kill" kind of pokemon that's only made to start off with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyranitar

Nature: Brave

EV's: ATK: 255, DEF: 2, Sp. Atk: 122, Sp Def. 130

Moves: Stone Edge, Ice Beam, Crunch, Earthquake

Item: Wide Lens

Purpose: Just good old all out offensive Tyranitar, Gave him ice beam to kill pokemon like Dragonite or just in general to go off a pokemon's weaker Sp. Def if I have to. gave him wide lens so Stone Edge has a better chance of hitting.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Snorlax

Nature: Careful

EV's: HP: 168, Def: 120, Sp. Def: 220

Moves: Bodyslam, Crunch, Curse, Self-destruct.

Item: Leftovers

Purpose: it's curselax, but I gave him selfdestruct to give him a chance of kamikazeing pokemon that'll kill him before he can get the curses he needs. not original, and once again, having him use self destruct will ensure he at least does something every time unless I'm dealing with a Machamp or an Infernape or some other really strong fighting pokemon.

Jolteon

Nature: Timid

EV's: Def: 4. Speed: 252, Sp. Atk: 252

Item Life orb

Moves: Charge Beam, Hidden Power (Ice), Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt

Purpose: charge beam sweeper, plain and simple

Jirachi

Nature: Bold

EV's: HP: 252, Def: 220, Speed: 36

Moves: Calm Mind, Wish, Flash Canon, Thunderbolt

Purpose: calm mind a few times, use wish, then either use the next turn to whack whoever is out, or calm mind again. once again, not original, but it works.

Heat Rotom

Nature: timid

EV's: HP 128, speed 212, Sp. ATK 168

Item: Leftovers

Moves: Charge beam, overheat, Hidden Power (Fighting), Shadow Ball

Purpose: basically the same thing as jolteon, only what's really nice about this is that he can use over heat, then use charge beam a few times to recharge his SP ATK.

So what do you guys think? good team or not so good?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
masterfox61
Pojo Newbie

im not an expert on teams, but you might want a bulky water like suicune or swampert to take fire type attacks launched at metagross and jirachi
Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
sqrrlsarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterfox61 View Post
im not an expert on teams, but you might want a bulky water like suicune or swampert to take fire type attacks launched at metagross and jirachi
yeah I was thinking about that, but I figured curselax and Tyranitar would work for that, curselax has thick fat afterall
Old 05-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Battledude46

1. Ground is super against 4 of your pokemon....
Rotom is a solution, but if he dies snorlax is your last option and a lot of eq users also have fighting moves...
2. You seem to not like choice items...
give tyanitar a scarf and jolteon a specs
3. Metagross has no item?... give it a life orb
Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
Suicune

I honestly think your team is to offensive. I suggest you add more defensive type moves. You have too many attack moves and you should have charge beam just on jolteon.

Pyromaniac of Team FIREBLAST

Last edited by Suicune : 05-29-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
cellguard

I like its offensiveness. But manybe you need a tank. I run two special sweepers, two physical sweepers, and two tanks. dual screen Uxie, and pain split Dusknoir. I definetely reccomend one of them for you.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
sqrrlsarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battledude46 View Post
1. Ground is super against 4 of your pokemon....
Rotom is a solution, but if he dies snorlax is your last option and a lot of eq users also have fighting moves...
2. You seem to not like choice items...
give tyanitar a scarf and jolteon a specs
3. Metagross has no item?... give it a life orb
1. believe it or not, I usually take out ground pokemon just fine. I can usually switch into curselax and use selfdestruct right away... nobody EVER expects that and seem to instantly assume Im going to use curse, also, jolteon has hidden power ice, and can outspeed most ground types.

2. hate 'em. its a free encore for your opponent, all your opponent has to do is realize you have a choice item, switch out to something that resists the attack, and you either have to switch out or let the pokemon die. not worth a X1.5 boost (or even a X2 boost for that matter).

3. actually I gave him a focus sash, this way if somebody leads with something like gliscor and uses earthquake, I can always blow it up right away with explosion
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
BelcherSucks
I'm a man, I'm 40

This team has a lot of holes in it. It mostly goes into your philosophy of how Snorlax is going to fix everything. He isn't. He can't protect the fact that you are focused too much on Electric attacks and Psychic/Steels. Essentially, those two pieces are the major issues with your team but the offense oriented mindset is also leaving you wide open to a good defensive set up that has Stealth Rock and/or Spikes support. Also, a single pokemon could Paralyze your whole team and you have no way to recover... Some issues you may want to take care of.

Essentially your team has little overall cohesive strategic synergy. While they may all work together in some way or another, they don't actually make a good unit.

I'd recommend a Suicide lead of Aerodactyl with Steal Rock. He is quick, will always get a Stealth Rock out, and late in the game can be too quick for some pokes to deal with. He also is a flying type who is immune to Sandstorm so that can give you some more team synergy. The best advantage is his diverse move pool so you can use him as overall coverage and an amazing Stone Edge user. That can let you switch to a more defensive Tyranitar and lead to a more diverse team.

Right now, it is too easy to wall you with the right combination of pokes and then dismantle you with Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes.

Last edited by BelcherSucks : 05-31-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Closed Thread