Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Small-Scale Tournament Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #676
Manjoume Thunder

Manjoume Thunder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuxa View Post
Animation Odyssey reminds me of my old card shop back in Puerto Rico lol.

The owners are pretty funny though how she gets all puffy mad and starts beating on the regulars when something goes on.

The only thing I hate from there are the people that play there. I come to AO with a non-meta deck and I go 1-3. Ok, fine. I came back to the game after a year or so off - I'm rusty. I can accept that. What I didn't like was when they saw my deck they were all "this deck is trash, use (tier 1) deck instead." I wanna go there again, just to beat their faces on their tier 1 decks with my tier 1.5/2.
I actually quit the game exactly a year ago. At the time I just was really bored with the stale meta. I sold my stuff for a nice chunk of cash before Konami reprinted everything. I guess you could say I got out at a very good time to get out. I actually ended up having so much stuff still left over that I remade the same decks I had for about 1/16th of the price they were. I'm still waiting to see what happens in September. The POD reprint & Kristya reprints I think pretty much have me sold on playing again just waiting to see if the September list balances the format wouldn't really be fun to play in a format filled with Tengu nonsense and/or a I win the dice roll, I win the match format.

Animation Odyssey and a lot of other places are prone to that, I blame the player base's "Tier 1 is the only way to win mentality". You'll pretty much find that everywhere you go. But I did notice the regulars will act like this there quite a bit. The reason being they're trying to help the owner sell her products since she encourages only people using tier 1. As I said before that store is a scam even if you go with a tier 1 deck there they will cheat you on rulings without looking it up online from a legitimate ruling source. That store is kind of like Las Vegas where "The House Always Wins".

As for Nebulous I'm iffy on the place it seems like on paper at it's new location it's exactly the store that's been missing from the Manhattan Yugioh player base for awhile. But I've been reading complaints of a lot of thefts during tournaments there. I don't know how much truth there is to those rumors but the people making those claims are people I know somewhat well. If thefts really are occurring in a shop that has security cameras it really questions how serious they are about preventing card theft which has always been a big issue for every card shop that's been in Manhattan.

One of the biggest issues with Neutral Ground (use to be the only place to play in Manhattan now closed) was card thefts weren't taking seriously they even had security cameras that actually didn't work in the store. So sadly when I hear a store has security cameras it doesn't really make me feel safe unless they maintain them.

One of the things I will give Animation Odyssey credit for is I've never heard of any card theft going on in that place. They actually maintain their security cameras regardless of how crappy the actual place is you never have to worry about theft. Granted a lot of Yugioh related thefts can be put on the fault of the player for leaving their bag on the floor. But regardless when you go into an establishment that has camera's and claims they take theft seriously you expect them to live up to that promise.

If anyone that's actually a regular of Nebulous can shed some light on if theft is an issue there or not it would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice to get in a few casual games every once in awhile on a weekend if I don't have to worry every four seconds that a random person watching my match isn't going to attempt to steal cards from my graveyard. (I've seen it happen)
Old 07-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #677
killobear
Banned User

killobear is on a distinguished road

been to neblous its cool but ten to play s a lil much . aslo iam a reg at ao i realy dont see how the house always wins if u win u win if u lose u lose thats it she dose not go out of her way to scew u . also bp is cool in brooklyn they have free tuments wensady to fryday .
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #678
Manjoume Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by killobear View Post
been to neblous its cool but ten to play s a lil much . aslo iam a reg at ao i realy dont see how the house always wins if u win u win if u lose u lose thats it she dose not go out of her way to scew u . also bp is cool in brooklyn they have free tuments wensady to fryday .
In the words of Michael Cole and I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjoume Thunder
they will cheat you on rulings without looking it up online from a legitimate ruling source.
Seen it many times with my own two eyes where there's a ruling dispute instead of looking it up online or having an official Judge on hand. She ask one of the regulars who are not an official source for the ruling that's playing in the tournament. Or someone calls up someone claiming the person is a judge (yet there's no way to verify this and you can't do this in a sanctioned event). If that's the case I got Kevin Tewart on the line and this is how the card works.

I've seen in many cases where the regulars will in fact lie about the ruling just so one of their friends and other regulars can advance in the tournament. The store plays favorites, you can't ask a player that's playing in a sanctioned tournament for a ruling, that's the job of a certified judge. If there isn't a judge on hand it's up to the store owner whose suppose to have knowledge of the rules to be able to give a ruling, or look up on the various resources Konami gives store owners for the ruling.

Henceforth the house always wins because you're not going to get a fair or correct ruling. Even worse the store owner constantly bashes other locals and claims she's going to report them for selling Mats, Turbo Packs, and various other products yet they partake in those same practices. Several other people on this forum can attest to everything I've said. No offense but your local is one of the most corrupt sanctioned tournament spots in NYC.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #679
ginjisan
Learning the Ropes

ginjisan is on a distinguished road

How much for librarians jo3? Anyone sells trishula brionac burei bureido blackrose arcanite and 2x troopers here at max's or iki's? I might be coming there at 24th of july

Last edited by ginjisan : 07-20-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #680
Xuxa
Enemy AC-130 Above

Xuxa is on a distinguished road

Speaking of AO, a girl got screwed out of a To 4 this weekend with a crappy ruling. She was playing worms and she had a Worm Queen/king (forgot which one) with 8000 atk as well as another worm in atk mode. Opponent has a t.g. In atk mode so when beefy worm attacks, opponent springs EM1 to switch the attacked t.g. with the other worm. She is like wtf and continues her attack and he says that beefy worm doesnt get a replay. She says yes it does and it was ruled that she does not get the replay. So she ends up losing the match and right after the match the ruling was looked up via phone and it turns out it was the opposite ruling. I felt bad for her because she would have gone 4-0.
Originally Posted by Loran23 View Post
So I have Chain Disappearance and money what can we do for leviiar?
You're mom and sister on a leash in my backyard. PM to confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiehlHyre View Post
English: The Fabled Cerburrel (Cool name).
Spanish: El Fabuloso Perrito Rojito Cerburrel... come on Konami... Don't spit on my native language.
YGO Trades
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #681
Jo3♥
Pojo Veteran

Jo3♥ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What's BP ?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #682
King-Of-Gamez

King-Of-Gamez is on a distinguished road

A friend of mine got screwed out of the hyper librarian tournament there on the 24th, they was playing gemini variant and he synchro summoned Black Brutdrago.. opponent activated Solemn Judgment and Black Brutdrago was destroyed.. thus triggering his second effect.. opponent said Solemn Judgment negates the entire card but when drago is destroyed, he special summons a gemini from his graveyard and it gets its effect.. thus creating a loop.. we argued it a lot and my friend got disqualified.. when we looked up the ruling, we were indeed correct that Solemn Judgment and Solemn Warning are rendered useless against Black Brutdrago.. the owner complaind that she was told otherwise and when we asked where she got ruling from, she stated that was classified..

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=978788. <-- Light Kuriboh build. Suggestions plz?
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=980222 <-- Birdmankeepers. Lol. Yeah. I made them piss off my opponent
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #683
Xuxa
Enemy AC-130 Above

I didn't even bother going to the librarian tournament. I haven't had a problem with Lisa yet, but I dare her to try to screw me over on a ruling that I know. >.>
Quote:
Spanish: El Fabuloso Perrito Rojito Cerburrel... come on Konami... Don't spit on my native language.
YGO Trades
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #684
Manjoume Thunder

I'm glad people realize what I'm talking about in regards to Animation Odyssey. As stated before "The House Always Wins", that's why I don't go there because you're not going to get the correct ruling. @King_of_Gamez that's terrible, even in a premiere event you have the right to ask where they got the ruling and in most cases the judge will show you if there is time, if you still doubt it.

My suggestion to the many people who have been screwed on tournament rulings is to report Animation Odyssey to Konami via email. If enough accounts of incorrect rulings get sent their way Konami is sure to investigate. I mean seriously it's bad enough she's charging you guys double the price for a sanctioned tournament on Sundays but then to get incorrect rulings and have to pay Extra for Turbo packs is just shady.

As stated before to Yugioh Players in NYC beware of Animation Odyssey, unless you're a regular/favorite you will be cheated out of your hard earned cash. Can anyone vouch for Nebulous being safe to play in? I was on their Facebook page recently and read several comments where people where complaining about their decks getting stolen. In one particular comment section that went on for like 38 comments a person said everyone that was there a particular day that a deck got stolen had stuff go missing/stolen.

It's stuff like that in particular that has me on the fence of even wanting to step foot in that place. Is this just a bunch of people exaggerating or is the theft really as bad, as King Games?

Last edited by Manjoume Thunder : 07-27-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #685
OBELISK628

OBELISK628 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
is that the one next to da shop on elbith street that place is big or is it a dift place .
it's next to da shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo3♥ View Post
anybody want to buy or trade for Librarians? I have 5 too many. :/
what do u value them at

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginjisan View Post
Where can I find monster binders and blank playmats in new york city?
iki iki in china town for both
max in china town for monster binders
montasy in forest hills for both

Leader of Team Death Note
Invite to 2010 Nats
Sick Paying Job With The FBI
R.I.P. Omar Gaspar U Will Be Missed
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #686
Xuxa
Enemy AC-130 Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjoume Thunder View Post
I'm glad people realize what I'm talking about in regards to Animation Odyssey. As stated before "The House Always Wins", that's why I don't go there because you're not going to get the correct ruling. @King_of_Gamez that's terrible, even in a premiere event you have the right to ask where they got the ruling and in most cases the judge will show you if there is time, if you still doubt it.

My suggestion to the many people who have been screwed on tournament rulings is to report Animation Odyssey to Konami via email. If enough accounts of incorrect rulings get sent their way Konami is sure to investigate. I mean seriously it's bad enough she's charging you guys double the price for a sanctioned tournament on Sundays but then to get incorrect rulings and have to pay Extra for Turbo packs is just shady.

As stated before to Yugioh Players in NYC beware of Animation Odyssey, unless you're a regular/favorite you will be cheated out of your hard earned cash. Can anyone vouch for Nebulous being safe to play in? I was on their Facebook page recently and read several comments where people where complaining about their decks getting stolen. In one particular comment section that went on for like 38 comments a person said everyone that was there a particular day that a deck got stolen had stuff go missing/stolen.

It's stuff like that in particular that has me on the fence of even wanting to step foot in that place. Is this just a bunch of people exaggerating or is the theft really as bad, as King Games?
I can vouch for Nebulous knowing their stuff on rulings. You just need to watch your stuff closely and not get distracted. The best thing I would suggest is to put the straps of your backpack over your leg, so that if someone were to attempt to steal something, they would have to tug on the backpack and that would alert you.

I'm going to AO on Saturday. Wish me luck as I attempt to shark the sharks lmao. As long as you know your rulings, you don't have to be victim to the sharks. If you try to give me a correct ruling, I will make you look it up and won't make any further plays until you change it. I'd rather get a game loss fighting to change an incorrect ruling (which would be technically stalling, I think) than getting screwed over.
Quote:
YGO Trades
Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #687
King-Of-Gamez

@manjoume thunder. Nebulus is pretty cool. People who stuff has been stolen has been exaggerated.. most people are just clumsy and leave their stuff out for people to grab it and go.. 1 dude left his deckbox with sum cards in it and I watched it as someone else took off with it 15 to 20 mins later.. long story short? When playing, keep your bag between your leg.. can't nobody get to it unlss they crawl under the table... which is noticable and could alert other people at the table..

@Xuxa.. good luck. Lol. Shark awayy cuz most of the regulars are just as dumb as the owner. Lol

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=978788. <-- Light Kuriboh build. Suggestions plz?
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=980222 <-- Birdmankeepers. Lol. Yeah. I made them piss off my opponent
Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #688
Xuxa
Enemy AC-130 Above

Anyone got any Maxx "C" for sale?
Quote:
YGO Trades
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #689
Darkvulpine
Anti Cookie Cutter

Darkvulpine is on a distinguished road

Ao is no where near as bad as you guys make it out to be ..is it perfect no but the house doesnt always win at all..its a very small locals ..its the same as most other very small locals without regular judging staff..its a mom and pop shop

OPENING TEN PACKS OF GENERATION FORCE 2 DAYS EARLY

Youtube Channel Subscribe for deck profiles and Duel Vids

Old 08-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #690
Xuxa
Enemy AC-130 Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvulpine View Post
Ao is no where near as bad as you guys make it out to be ..is it perfect no but the house doesnt always win at all..its a very small locals ..its the same as most other very small locals without regular judging staff..its a mom and pop shop
No card shop is perfect. But to me, the worst quality that any card shop can have is not having people that know their rulings because we go to locals to test decks, compete, trade, etc. But above all, we go to have a good time. You can definitely have a good time at a 12-person local or a 50-person local, but getting screwed over by incorrect rulings/players trying to cheat and take advantage of other people not knowing their stuff just zaps the fun out of everything.

In the case of AO, I think people say "the House Always Wins" because people AT AO don't know their rulings very well, like the TG1-EM1 situation above and another recent situation where a monster equipped with Machina Peacekeeper is removed from the field and everyone at AO said that the Peacekeeper was just "sent to the graveyard" and doesn't get its effect. I was the only one that said it was destroyed by game mechanics and of course I get flamed at the shop by the people playing.

A post in the Q&A forum about what happens to equip cards when the monster its equipped to leaves the field.

BEHOLD! It is destroyed by game mechanics. I know I'm not stupid. I should probably be the rulings guru at AO or something because I know my rulings better than about 80% of the people there.

Anyway for those tl;drers, that's the only MAJOR flaw I see in AO - the rulings, and people getting screwed in matches by incorrect rulings because people don't know their stuff. In every other aspect I see AO as a great place...nice environment, no worries about theft. Hell, the Boardwalk and the Amusement Park is right there...before/after the tourney or if you drop you can have some fun on the roller coassters/bumper cars or just walk down the boardwalk. :P
Quote:
YGO Trades
Old 08-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #691
Darkvulpine
Anti Cookie Cutter

Darkvulpine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuxa View Post
No card shop is perfect. But to me, the worst quality that any card shop can have is not having people that know their rulings because we go to locals to test decks, compete, trade, etc. But above all, we go to have a good time. You can definitely have a good time at a 12-person local or a 50-person local, but getting screwed over by incorrect rulings/players trying to cheat and take advantage of other people not knowing their stuff just zaps the fun out of everything.

In the case of AO, I think people say "the House Always Wins" because people AT AO don't know their rulings very well, like the TG1-EM1 situation above and another recent situation where a monster equipped with Machina Peacekeeper is removed from the field and everyone at AO said that the Peacekeeper was just "sent to the graveyard" and doesn't get its effect. I was the only one that said it was destroyed by game mechanics and of course I get flamed at the shop by the people playing.

A post in the Q&A forum about what happens to equip cards when the monster its equipped to leaves the field.

BEHOLD! It is destroyed by game mechanics. I know I'm not stupid. I should probably be the rulings guru at AO or something because I know my rulings better than about 80% of the people there.

Anyway for those tl;drers, that's the only MAJOR flaw I see in AO - the rulings, and people getting screwed in matches by incorrect rulings because people don't know their stuff. In every other aspect I see AO as a great place...nice environment, no worries about theft. Hell, the Boardwalk and the Amusement Park is right there...before/after the tourney or if you drop you can have some fun on the roller coassters/bumper cars or just walk down the boardwalk. :P
Btw im rob in case weve met..im sure u have anyway

ive had bad experience with rulings in every place and i yes have lost to bad rulings before there....i lost a match because people said i couldnt use Herald of Orange Light on Machina Fortress which allowed him to destroy my hyperion and swing for game w. Green Gadget...otherwise i had won but whatever is whatever....i have no gripes about specific stores because everything is avoidable if you go at it right ...however i almost had 3 tour guides stolen at nebulous if it wasnt for there cameras i would be out a fully blinged out dark world deck (all first ed ulti stuff)..ive had a mix bag of reactions but i cant sit idle while people destroy lisas store..its FAAAR from perfect but the atmosphere is friendly the people mostly know one another and its a nice small locals compared to kings where you feel at anytime you could be getting robbed and it takes 15 min to find your opponent.

OPENING TEN PACKS OF GENERATION FORCE 2 DAYS EARLY

Youtube Channel Subscribe for deck profiles and Duel Vids

Old 08-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #692
Xuxa
Enemy AC-130 Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvulpine View Post
Btw im rob in case weve met..im sure u have anyway

ive had bad experience with rulings in every place and i yes have lost to bad rulings before there....i lost a match because people said i couldnt use Herald of Orange Light on Machina Fortress which allowed him to destroy my hyperion and swing for game w. Green Gadget...otherwise i had won but whatever is whatever....i have no gripes about specific stores because everything is avoidable if you go at it right ...however i almost had 3 tour guides stolen at nebulous if it wasnt for there cameras i would be out a fully blinged out dark world deck (all first ed ulti stuff)..ive had a mix bag of reactions but i cant sit idle while people destroy lisas store..its FAAAR from perfect but the atmosphere is friendly the people mostly know one another and its a nice small locals compared to kings where you feel at anytime you could be getting robbed and it takes 15 min to find your opponent.
I remember you.... I'm Will...remember the guy that showed up with a 37 monster deck with Skull Servants and stuff? I almost went 4-0 with it at Lisa's store one time, but I misplayed one match and didn't top =[
Quote:
YGO Trades
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #693
killobear
Banned User

kings is the worst nebus its good to play and trade but the truny sucks 10 bucks to play all day to go 3 and 1 and not top and also not get anthing is a wast of time lol and money .
Old 08-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #694
King-Of-Gamez

Quote:
kings is the worst nebus its good to play and trade but the truny sucks 10 bucks to play all day to go 3 and 1 and not top and also not get anthing is a wast of time lol and money .
I agree that the 10 bucks to play in a tournament is sad.. but at least instead of telling you the ruling of a card, they show you the ruling without saying anything.. if you still don't understand it, they explain it to you.. also.. they are not an official konami tournament local... YET..

Old 08-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #695
killobear
Banned User

i know but they can at lest give out a pack or somthing if they want people to spend 10 bucks . like i said fun place to trade and play but not for a truny thats just my 2 cents .
Old 08-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #696
King-Of-Gamez

Quote:
i know but they can at lest give out a pack or somthing if they want people to spend 10 bucks . like i said fun place to trade and play but not for a truny thats just my 2 cents .
Agreed, hands down..

Old 08-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #697
Kelvin838
Pojo Veteran

Kelvin838 is on a distinguished road

they should make it 5 bucks instead.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #698
NeoSaiyanX
Pojo Veteran

NeoSaiyanX is on a distinguished road

kings has the best payout though,
hobby league $7 - entry = i free turbo pack
top 8 cut, 8th place = 1 turbo pack and promo HL card

i only go to their hobby league cuz its the best payout and i work during weekdays.

YouTube | Trade Status
JPOP/JROCK is LOVE!

Selling Full Narakumi, Angel Feather, Dimensional Police, GranBlue, and Dark Irregular DECKS PM me if interested.

Have Japanese Water Omotics and Soul Release (alternative art)

RIPPER LIST: ~Mexx~ , Sound Kunoichi
Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #699
King-Of-Gamez

Does anybody have winged kuribohs and the lv10? Also Transcendant Wings and flute of summoning Kuriboh? Pm me if u do so we can meet up and possibly trade for those plz. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #700
killobear
Banned User

have a lot of stuff i want to sell br4the sneek this weekend inlcoding ipod 40 gb play mats and card slves a lot so if any body wants anything lmk and ill se if i have it
Closed Thread