Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Blues
KcKuhtastrophe
 
Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Milford, NJ
Posts: 4,039
iTrader: 36 (90%)
Blues is on a distinguished road
Default Sinister Serpent

Wuuuut.. Im unaware of a lot of broken combos, but what harm does Sinister Serpent do? I just noticed its been rotting on the Forbidden list.
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
La+Ghost
Youtwitface24/7
 
La+Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Julian Assange's new computer
Posts: 10,776
iTrader: 13 (100%)
La+Ghost is on a distinguished road
Default

Brionac, Snipe Hunter, formerly Tribe Infecting Virus, PWWB, Raigeki Break.

All the cards in the game that require a discard or send to the graveyard can use Sinister Serpent.
__________________

We can't EVER GO BACK TO YGOzona!!
La+Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Blues
KcKuhtastrophe
 
Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Milford, NJ
Posts: 4,039
iTrader: 36 (90%)
Blues is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Zero= View Post
Brionac, Snipe Hunter, formerly Tribe Infecting Virus, PWWB, Raigeki Break.

All the cards in the game that require a discard or send to the graveyard can use Sinister Serpent.
Ah, I see. Thats what I was assuming. Thank you.
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Fever
Dark World Master
 
Fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dark World
Posts: 21,235
iTrader: 4 (100%)
Fever is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah it's pretty easy to abuse.
__________________

"THE DARK WORLD RISES"



ALL PLAYERS AND DECKS ARE WELCOME
CLICK THE BANNER TO JOIN



The Official Dark World Society Facebook Page
Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
Creator99
Registered User
 
Creator99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Beaufort, SC
Age: 34
Posts: 381
iTrader: 0
Creator99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcKuhtastrophe View Post
Wuuuut.. Im unaware of a lot of broken combos, but what harm does Sinister Serpent do? I just noticed its been rotting on the Forbidden list.
I agree. So has Dimensional Fusion.
Creator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
Fever
Dark World Master
 
Fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dark World
Posts: 21,235
iTrader: 4 (100%)
Fever is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator99 View Post
I agree. So has Dimensional Fusion.
lol? Dimension Fusion is WAY good.
__________________

"THE DARK WORLD RISES"



ALL PLAYERS AND DECKS ARE WELCOME
CLICK THE BANNER TO JOIN



The Official Dark World Society Facebook Page
Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
Great Demon Lord
The Ogdoad
 
Great Demon Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the dark area
Posts: 2,366
iTrader: -1 (0%)
Great Demon Lord is on a distinguished road
Default

It removes the need for the discard effect.
__________________


Made by PotOfDuality1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_Stalker View Post
I think people are misplacing powerful decks with skillful decks as well.

It's called anthropomorphism, and i've seen it a lot on this site.
Great Demon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Reapex
Eats People
 
Reapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,436
iTrader: 0
Reapex is on a distinguished road
Default

He's a +1 each turn.
__________________
Hi.
Reapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
PKpwnage
Pojo Comic Relief
 
PKpwnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Goin' Band
Age: 24
Posts: 23,217
iTrader: 105 (100%)
PKpwnage is on a distinguished road
Default

No .
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral287 View Post
Also, for the record? PK wins life and everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avada999 View Post
this one time at duel camp....
PKpwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
Chaos3600
Radical Extremist
 
Chaos3600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jefferson, Ohio
Age: 22
Posts: 9,544
iTrader: 29 (100%)
Chaos3600 is on a distinguished road
Default

it eliminates discard costs.
Nuff said
__________________
Custom Banlists
Chaos3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #11
xxxplizit
Bonned User
 
xxxplizit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind you
Posts: 2,064
iTrader: 0
xxxplizit is on a distinguished road
Default

No.

It makes discard costs broken. You might as well ban every discard card in the game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SF- View Post
LOL @ all the people who say it should be banned "because it hurts mah broken boss monsta!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
We've bashed DAD and JD more than Chris Brown bashed Rihanna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
gigantic cesspool of TOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Asher View Post
DAD did that to my mom, and I wish you wouldn't bring it up because it hurts my feelings to think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRAGE View Post
To many people jerkin to grimro on this thread...
xxxplizit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
Raven Tobias
Libertarian Vet
 
Raven Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Joplin, Missouri
Posts: 1,355
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Raven Tobias is on a distinguished road
Default

Probably the most poorly designed card in the game. Along with Painful Choice and Delinquint Duo, this card is one of the 3 cards that should never see the light of day again.
__________________
Captain of team 'Highest of Calibers'
Multiple Regional tops
Top 16 SJC St. Louis
Top 64 SJC Columbus
Worlds Invite 04'
Raven Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
guynamedjoe
混沌帝龍 -終焉の使者-
 
guynamedjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,075
iTrader: -1 (0%)
guynamedjoe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxplizit View Post
No.

It makes discard costs broken. You might as well ban every discard card in the game.
I guess so.
__________________

deck gallery

Chaosruler52: On a side note I think Elemental Hero Bubbleman should be banned, I can only shutter to think of the power of bubbles.
guynamedjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #14
Guillermoman
Voice of Reason
 
Guillermoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: University Park, PA
Posts: 3,877
iTrader: 0
Guillermoman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcKuhtastrophe View Post
Wuuuut.. Im unaware of a lot of broken combos, but what harm does Sinister Serpent do? I just noticed its been rotting on the Forbidden list.
Sinister Serpent should come back. An engine that is built around Sinister Serpent is way too slow for any meta after 2005. SS doesn't negate discard costs like other strawman posts on this thread would lead you to believe, but lessens the discard cost by one each turn. The Night Assailant loop is the only thing YuGiOh had that "negated" discard costs, and that is broken. Sinister Serpent is a long way off from that.
__________________
Proud member of Gotei 13: Division 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Smash View Post
Music is like candy, you just have to throw out the rappers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco
An honest man is one who knows that he can't consume more than he produces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
Bureaucracy is oppression of the superior by the inferior.
Guillermoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
bwang
Grimro FTW!
 
bwang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,048
iTrader: 9 (100%)
bwang is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Tobias View Post
Probably the most poorly designed card in the game. Along with Painful Choice and Delinquint Duo, this card is one of the 3 cards that should never see the light of day again.
Makyura the Destructor, Sixth Sense (OCG) and Yata-Garasu should also never see the light of day again.
bwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
XENOCIDEX
Damnation Dragon
 
XENOCIDEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: East coast
Posts: 1,134
iTrader: 2 (100%)
XENOCIDEX is on a distinguished road
Default

the horde of banned cards is a collection of lifers and some with variable sentences.

some lifers:

CED-EotE
BLS-EotB
dark hole
raigeki
harpie's feather duster
last turn
yata
painful
dimensional fusion
(hopefully) DSF

sinister serpent is 'slow' because he only goes off once per turn. But he is FREE MINDLESS DISCARD FODDER EVERY TURN. snipe hunter gets a free shot every turn. brionac has a free spin every turn... tons of things just became free-er.

when coupled with 1 for 1 effects on one shot cards like PWWB or raigeki break. it is somewhat fair. but when combined with monster's ignition effects, it becomes problematic. Could have near staple status.

a list of most cards that are possibly playable that like serpent.

PWWB
raigeki break
brionac
beckoning light
lumina
zombie master
lightning vortex
snipe hunter
drill warrior
quickdraw synchron
dark world dealings
hand destruction
offerings to the snake diety
-reptile decks-


the deck i beleive he would be the most evil in would be absolute zero.

future fusion: dropping mali and serpent. +2 or better.
wingblast: fun removal, likes to hit synchros. now only costs you the trap itself 1x per turn.
__________________
Trades

Team ProAgressive
Linky!
V V V V V


XENOCIDEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #17
xxxplizit
Bonned User
 
xxxplizit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind you
Posts: 2,064
iTrader: 0
xxxplizit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermoman View Post
Sinister Serpent should come back. An engine that is built around Sinister Serpent is way too slow for any meta after 2005. SS doesn't negate discard costs like other strawman posts on this thread would lead you to believe, but lessens the discard cost by one each turn. The Night Assailant loop is the only thing YuGiOh had that "negated" discard costs, and that is broken. Sinister Serpent is a long way off from that.
Just because it's "slow" doesn't mean we should encourage players to mindlessly discard cards, thus removing the skilled proportion of the game. If this card becomes unbanned, rest assured it will be a staple card in a bad way.

You have not proven a good reason to say it should come back, especially after announcing the strawman argument. You are only defending Serpent's unban rather than what it could do to benefit the game.

Both NA and Serpent are pretty much equal in terms of discard abuse; both have its flaws and both have its super strengths.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SF- View Post
LOL @ all the people who say it should be banned "because it hurts mah broken boss monsta!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
We've bashed DAD and JD more than Chris Brown bashed Rihanna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
gigantic cesspool of TOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Asher View Post
DAD did that to my mom, and I wish you wouldn't bring it up because it hurts my feelings to think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRAGE View Post
To many people jerkin to grimro on this thread...
xxxplizit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #18
TobiasX
I eat trolls
 
TobiasX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: No idea, no idea at all.
Age: 30
Posts: 4,829
iTrader: 0
TobiasX is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcKuhtastrophe View Post
Wuuuut.. Im unaware of a lot of broken combos, but what harm does Sinister Serpent do? I just noticed its been rotting on the Forbidden list.
It's not purely because it's a "combo card" but because of what it turns every "discard 1 card to activate" card into: free. It distorts the balancing of a discard cost on every card that has it, which brings the balance of all those cards into question, which gives people headaches.

Discarding a card is meant to matter. Sinister Serpent being unbanned makes that significantly less of an issue. Treeborn Frog does something similar to tribute monsters but at least that has restrictions on when it can and can''t come back.
__________________
Some simple suggestions to help your list
TobiasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #19
flclfanman
RELEASE THE KRAKEN
 
flclfanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jeju-do, South Korea
Age: 26
Posts: 2,505
iTrader: 0
flclfanman is on a distinguished road
Default

Although I would love Serpent in My Cranium Fish deck, he cant come back. Removes discard cost and usually a +1.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Grandmaster View Post
Lol DSF ISNT broken anymore. It should have been named Dark Cat Fighter, card did nothing in other decks. Pre it's bans, almost nobody predicted it would get banned

But regardless I'm amazed not a single person has agreed with me.
^
Quality ******* Right there
flclfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 PM   #20
Zayelion
YGOPro Programmer
 
Zayelion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,636
iTrader: 0
Zayelion is on a distinguished road
Default

No,... NO,.... FKN NO!
Any argument hereafter in positive defense should be view as VOID!
__________________

I wrote the wiki on Cyberdarks, then Synchros came out and people added all that fun deck jazz.
Admin AccessDenied of SalvationDevelopment
Zayelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #21
010101 Zero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Salvador
Age: 27
Posts: 90
iTrader: 0
010101 Zero is on a distinguished road
Default

No man, Just No, even at 1, it is still broken :s
010101 Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #22
SunKnightKain
The Common Holder
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,840
iTrader: 31 (97%)
SunKnightKain is on a distinguished road
Default

easy discard that keeps coming back.tis why it is banned
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernity_format View Post
youre so pro omg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatnumxStatuS
yes, yes. chibi penguin raging earth feels great, no homo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosh View Post
Holy **** sunknight. Where have you been?You missed our daily secks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevGO View Post
Hai sexy,
I mean SunKnightKain (;
I SEND FIRST ON ALL TRADES <-Even though I had nothing to do with the problem
SunKnightKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #23
d34thw1ng
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 502
iTrader: 0
d34thw1ng is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynamedjoe View Post
haha maybe ill main it xDDD have an atack position face down owns games hhahahaha
d34thw1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #24
homesliceboy
Erryday Im rustlin
 
homesliceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,459
iTrader: 0
homesliceboy is on a distinguished road
Default

I think it should stay banned because you know if it was brought back to 1 some random guy would make an amazing OTK/FTK out of it.
__________________
Qualified for 2009 Canadian Nationals
Qualified for 2010 Canadian Nationals
Top 8 Niagara Falls Regional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Nerds View Post
ilu, no homo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Longo about DSF View Post
it is one of the most balanced cards in the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepride69 View Post
Homesliceboy go back to Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercat on Pot of Duality View Post
The card ain't that good..it's not a staple...it's not splashable...
homesliceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #25
Chaos3600
Radical Extremist
 
Chaos3600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jefferson, Ohio
Age: 22
Posts: 9,544
iTrader: 29 (100%)
Chaos3600 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesliceboy View Post
I think it should stay banned because you know if it was brought back to 1 some random guy would make an amazing OTK/FTK out of it.
You cannot OTK with serpent. Its dead impossible.
Juss Sayin.
__________________
Custom Banlists
Chaos3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.