Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
IceDragon77
Learning the Ropes

Default Pseudo Space and Geartown

If I use Pseudo Space's effect and remove a Geartown in my graveyard from play, then used Ancient Fairy Dragon's effect to destroy Pseudo Space, I would gain 1000 LP, get to bring out an Ancient Gear monster, and get to add another Geartown from my deck to my hand, right?
IceDragon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Average Joe
This Game is Hard

No official rulings on Pseudo Space, but I'd say no. Once Pseudo Space is destroyed, it is no longer taking the effect of Geartown, and since Geartown's effect would activate in the geaveyard, Pseudo Space wouldn't be able to use that effect.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
illusionX
Beta Tester!

i know you will not bring out a 'gear' monster. Geartown activates in the graveyard,when pseudo-geartown leaves the field it is no longer Geartown. (similar to phantom of chaos vs. sangan)

as for whether or not you will search for another geartown....

Quote:
Read the rulebook. Read the rulings. Read the sticky "Rulings FAQ: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!" Use the search function. If you ask a question without doing so, you are an idiot and will be treated as such.
illusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Buckethead
...Aerodynamic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionX View Post
i know you will not bring out a 'gear' monster. Geartown activates in the graveyard,when pseudo-geartown leaves the field it is no longer Geartown. (similar to phantom of chaos vs. sangan)

as for whether or not you will search for another geartown....
You will still be able to search for another Geartown. Fairy Dragon's effect still resolves properly and you'll gain the 1000 LP. Nothing is preventing it from resolving.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Dragunity Powaa(Vet)
The Fabled (Vet)

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
illusionX
Beta Tester!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragon77 View Post
If I use Pseudo Space's effect and remove a Geartown in my graveyard from play, then used Ancient Fairy Dragon's effect to destroy Pseudo Space, I would gain 1000 LP, get to bring out an Ancient Gear monster, and get to add another Geartown from my deck to my hand, right?
also like to point out. if an actual geartown is destroyed by ancient fairy dragon, if you decide to search for another field spell, geartown will 'miss the timing' and you will not summon an ancient gear monster

Quote:
Read the rulebook. Read the rulings. Read the sticky "Rulings FAQ: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!" Use the search function. If you ask a question without doing so, you are an idiot and will be treated as such.
illusionX is offline   Reply With Quote