Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
Yugioh_master1234
Pojo Veteran

Default Tkro

Can you Still use TKRO's effect while skill drain is active?
Yugioh_master1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
ness00
セクサリス

If you mean the effect that negates Special Summons, yes.

If you mean the effect that stops players from adding Cards to the Hand, no.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
streets_27

It's like exiled force or any other card that resolves off field as skill drain doesn't target off field effects but TKROs other effect is an effect that requires the card to be on field to resolve so skill drain negates it
streets_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:27 AM   #4
Nomad_Skies
Feathered Valiant

Location: The Canadian West Format: Format? I have no format. I am a Renegade, lost in the net.

Just to add a little explanation to this, Skill Drain doesn't negate or prevent activations. Skill Drain will negate the effects of face-up effect monsters, if that monster is face-up on the field when its effect would resolve or be applied.

In regards to Thunder King's 1st effect, it's applied as long as he is face-up on the field. However, since it's a continous effect... It never technically has an activation or resolution.

In the case of Thunder King's 2nd effect, since he's sent to the graveyard as a cost at the activation, Skill Drain will not see a face-up monster when this effect would resolve. As such, Skill Drain will not negate it.

Edit - Guess math isn't my strong point.

Edit - If you're wanting to learn a little about Skill Drain, I'd recommend spending some time reading this post. There's a lot of helpful things in there, I'd say. Either way, feel free to ask about anything that's puzzling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojama16 View Post
Welcome to Pojo.com Forums. Please leave all morals, common sense, and the knowledge of a search button at the door.

Last edited by Nomad_Skies : 07-11-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Nomad_Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
illusionX
Beta Tester!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streets_27 View Post
It's like exiled force or any other card that resolves off field as skill drain doesn't target off field effects but TKROs other effect is an effect that requires the card to be on field to resolve so skill drain negates it
1. exile doesn't resolve off field. it activates on field, resolves on field. as pointed out, if the physical card (exiled force) is not on the field when the effect is resolving, skill drain will not negate.
2. skill drain doesn't target.
3. tkro 1st effect does not activate or resolve. it is continuous and just simply 'applied'

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_Skies View Post
Just to add a little explanation to this, Skill Drain doesn't negate or prevent activations. Skill Drain will negate the effects of face-up effect monsters, if that monster is face-up on the field when its effect would resolve or be applied.

In the case of Thunder King's second effect, since he's sent to the graveyard as a cost at the activation, Skill Drain will not see a face-up monster when this effect would resolve. As such, Skill Drain will not negate it.

In regards to Thunder King's first effect, it's applied as long as he is face-up on the field. However, since it's a continous effect... It never technically has an activation or resolution.

Edit - If you're wanting to learn a little about Skill Drain, I'd recommend spending some time reading this post. There's a lot of helpful things in there, I'd say. Either way, feel free to ask about anything that's puzzling you.
corrected. nothing big tho...

Quote:
Read the rulebook. Read the rulings. Read the sticky "Rulings FAQ: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!" Use the search function. If you ask a question without doing so, you are an idiot and will be treated as such.

Last edited by illusionX : 07-11-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
illusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Kudou Shinichi
. Retired .

Just remember that Skill Drain is different from GSAC. Drain does not stop activations, so cards that would be removed from the field for their activation costs (ie TKRO, DSF, Cannon Soldier, Exiled Force), their effects resolve in the field, but since they are no longer "face-up", Skill Drain is useless.

Good luck, and good bye Pojo.

Trades | Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Black View Post
That's the one, and the truth and it prevails
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMn Trainer View Post
Thanks Shinichi! Case closed ^__^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvo819 View Post
Mr. Kudou, you are officially AWSUM SAWCE
Plays X-Sabers and Machina - Starships
Kudou Shinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Nomad_Skies
Feathered Valiant

Location: The Canadian West Format: Format? I have no format. I am a Renegade, lost in the net.

Thanks Illusion, I'd never have caught that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojama16 View Post
Welcome to Pojo.com Forums. Please leave all morals, common sense, and the knowledge of a search button at the door.
Nomad_Skies is offline   Reply With Quote