Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Pokémon > Pokémon - Gold, Silver & Crystal
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Default How do you make Pokemon like you?

I need to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon.
Hero of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
Buster Blader 126
Rebellion Crusader

Give it haircuts, groom it, make sure it never faints/loses alot of HP during battles, & DO NOT put it into your PC. Using items on it or letting it hold an item can help too. Check the link for more help:

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=69542
Buster Blader 126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
SpringChocobo
Glitch Expert, PhD

Give them lots of potion and berries. It's bound to work
SpringChocobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
Dark Malik
Veteran

And if you like, waste your money giving it expensive proteins. It's quick...but not without a risk
Dark Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:46 PM   #5
Kuiper
born to be mild

Every 256 steps you take, they grow to like you a BIT more.
Kuiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:29 PM   #6
Dark Malik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Ronin
Every 256 steps you take, they grow to like you a BIT more.
Woah never would've known that till now
Dark Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:56 AM   #7
zyrentarok

well i didn't know the formula... but tat 256 steps comment is spot on.

ALL you really need to do to make any pokemon love you is just keep it in party long enough.

NEVER box a happiness pokemon.

NEVER trade a happiness pokemon.

and NEVER put a happiness pokemon in daycare.

that is the easiest "set and forget" way to make a pokemon happy. you don't need to battle a pokemon or anything. just keep it in party long enough "to get used to you". that's all you really need to do.

if you're in a hurry... immediately giving a pokemon max meds (HP up, carbos etc.) as soon as you catch it or hatch it will raise it's happiness about 3 levels immediately, but it's expensive.

simple pacing can max most pokemon's happiness levels from base to love in under 12 hours of simple pacing. some pokemon are slower though. pikachu requires more attention to get happy, but you can still make it happy just by keeping it in party at all times.

to paraphrase TWO diffirent pokemon guides i own...

"boxing a pokemon might make it forget how good a trainer you are"

you won't make a pokemon unhappy by boxing it... but you will erase all "hidden happiness points" you've gained between level when you do.

my totally pampered 1st attempt at an umbreon wasn't close to evolving at L49 because i boxed it after every workout, but my second one evolved in only 8 levels with virtually NO haircuts (went BROKE giving cuts to the 1st) just because i quit boxing it.

easy way to make a pokemon happy...

1. NEVER box it etc.
2. keep pacing until the happiness rater in goldenrod says it loves you
3. give it meds immediately to speed the process up.

haircuts help... but you can actually max most pokemons' happiness BEFORE they can get a second haircut with simple pacing. haircuts help... but meds and pacing are faster.

other than that... ALWAYS take care of the pokemon and don't give it bitter tasting meds.
zyrentarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:27 PM   #8
Chaos_Theory
Metal Gear Solid

i gave my Eevee EVERYTHING possible, never evolved, gave it plenty of iems, let it battle, let it hold an item, took it to a hair-cut at every opportunity, my Eevee was a stubborn a-hole.
Chaos_Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:50 AM   #9
zyrentarok

yeah... but did you box it or trade it?

i pampered the crap out of my first attempt and went broke giving it haircuts (it became an L50 flareon) but i only gave the second one 2 haircuts i think and other than that, just kept it in my party. otherwise... the first non-evolving eevee was actually treated better than the second one that did evolve.

if you do battle an eevee you're trying to get a happiness stone for, heal any of it's stat problems immediately.

just put eevee in your party and ignore it until it loves you. that's all you have to do. you need to pace though. keeping eevee in your party while you're levelling anothor pokemon up, breeding pokemon or looking for the legendary dogs are all good ways to get a happiness stone.

storing eevee, trading it, putting it in daycare or entering the bug catching contest every day will totally slow your happiness stone down just like putting a pokemon in daycare totally erases all of the "in between level" battle experience levelling you've done. levelling a pokemon gives you a progress bar, while happiness level has an invisible bar.

if you just put eevee in your party as soon as you can get it, you should probably have a maxed happiness eevee before you get to the elite 4 unless you rush through the game without stopping to level the rest of your team.

when i was breeding eevees for hidden power and maxed stats, i'd put all of my original pokemon in the front of my party while breeding and hatching and found that each pokemon maxed it's happiness in only 12 hours or so of pacing with absolutely no battling.

hard battling a pokemon without healing all of it's stat effects won't make it get happy quick. battling can actually slow happiness evolution down unless it's only ohko low level battling, but someone once told me that pokemon don't like when you use more than 1/2 of their PP either. that might be true as i'd battle my 1st eevee until it only had 1PP for each of it's moves even though every battle was an ohko for it.

just keeping any pokemon in party long enough is all you need to do. no meds, no battling and no haircuts are necessary. whenever you're walking with a pokemon... it's getting to know you. the better a pokemon knows you... the more it will trust you unless you abuse or neglect it.

Last edited by zyrentarok : 08-27-2004 at 03:55 AM.
zyrentarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
catters
Pojo Newbie

Ok get a soothe bell from the bug catching contest place and then do what the other guys said while it's holding that
catters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #11
Xesta
Pojo Newbie

Talking

Most of these are actually wrong- they're myth.

You CANNOT loose points by putting a pokemon into the PC, if that was true then all your pokemon would essentially hate you and the pokemon creators would be really stupid. The only reason it takes longer this way is because you don't walk with it in your party which GIVES YOU POINTS.

You can give it a haircut, but gaining happiness depends on the reaction the pokemon has. Getting a bad haircut sucks for pokemon, too.

No random item you give the pokemon will make it happier.

Here's what can help you.

-Equip a Soothe Bell. It's purpose to make pokemon like you better.
-Walk with it in your party. But this only gives you a point every 250 steps, soooooo... that would take hours because a max pokemon's love points thing is 255.
-Use vitamins like HP up, Protein, etc. It's expensive but 2 will get you 200 points.
-Level it up, and use it in battles with Gym leaders. Makes em feel important xD
-Haircuts, but like I said; it depends.

Hope this helps not only you, but others. I came to this forum a bit back and read the replies, then became SCARED TO EVER PUT MY POKEMON IN MY PC. e_e But I found the CORRECT info in another website.
Xesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
Psy_Hero*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesta View Post
Most of these are actually wrong- they're myth.

You CANNOT loose points by putting a pokemon into the PC, if that was true then all your pokemon would essentially hate you and the pokemon creators would be really stupid. The only reason it takes longer this way is because you don't walk with it in your party which GIVES YOU POINTS.

You can give it a haircut, but gaining happiness depends on the reaction the pokemon has. Getting a bad haircut sucks for pokemon, too.

No random item you give the pokemon will make it happier.

Here's what can help you.

-Equip a Soothe Bell. It's purpose to make pokemon like you better.
-Walk with it in your party. But this only gives you a point every 250 steps, soooooo... that would take hours because a max pokemon's love points thing is 255.
-Use vitamins like HP up, Protein, etc. It's expensive but 2 will get you 200 points.
-Level it up, and use it in battles with Gym leaders. Makes em feel important xD
-Haircuts, but like I said; it depends.

Hope this helps not only you, but others. I came to this forum a bit back and read the replies, then became SCARED TO EVER PUT MY POKEMON IN MY PC. e_e But I found the CORRECT info in another website.
Everything in here works perfectly.
Psy_Hero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #13
pokemaster197
Pojo Newbie

1. when your walking around w/ it in ur party,put it 1st so u cud tlk 2 it nd see its emotions
2. give it a soothe bell
3. feed it those berries tht make it friendlier but puts down a specific stat
3. if u want to test 2 see how muh it trusts or loves you,go 2 the TMs floor in either tha celadon or goldenrod store department and get the move called return.then you battle a fairly strong pokemon nd use it 2 see if it does a lot uv damage.if it does then it likes u alot.
4. do tha sme thing i sed in number 3 if u want 2 test 2 see how much ur pokemon trusts or loves you,but instead uv getting return,get the move called frustration.use the move on a fairly strong opponent nd if it does alot of damage tht means your pokemon hates u nd thinks ur a crappy ass trainer
pokemaster197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
onekoolkid
Pojo Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Theory View Post
i gave my Eevee EVERYTHING possible, never evolved, gave it plenty of iems, let it battle, let it hold an item, took it to a hair-cut at every opportunity, my Eevee was a stubborn a-hole.
Eevee is an evolution pokemon. You cant make it evolve by levels, you need to use a fire stone, water stone or electric stone (that may not be the right name for it, cause i forget what its actually called) to make it evolve.
Water- Vapreon
Electric-Jolteon
Fire-Flareon
onekoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:11 AM   #15
Sam Digitalized

I am not sure why this topic was bumped, but since it was...

"Eevee is an evolution pokemon. You cant make it evolve by levels, you need to use a fire stone, water stone or electric stone (that may not be the right name for it, cause i forget what its actually called) to make it evolve."

This isn't the Pokemon RBY boards.

In any case, most of the information in this topic is either misleading or erroneous. Soothe Bell does not exist in this game. Other than that, I will post a list of important things to remember when considering happiness.

1. Pokemon gain one point of happiness every 512 steps.

2. The haircut brothers give a random amount from one point to ten points, but the amount also depends on whether or not the Pokemon has more than two hundred happiness and which of the brothers it is.

3. Daisy always gives three points of happiness to the Pokemon she grooms.

4. Challenging Gym Leaders, the Elite 4, using vitamins, and raising the Pokemon's level all raise a Pokemon's happiness. This amount varies according to what level of happiness the Pokemon is at.

5. Fainting lowers the happiness of a Pokemon by one, and the herbs lower the level by much more from five to fifteen happiness.

6. A Pokemon normally starts out at seventy happiness if it is caught normally in the wild or traded. If it is hatched then it starts out at 120, and when it is caught in the wild with a Friend Ball its base happiness will be 200.

Last edited by Sam Digitalized : 03-25-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Sam Digitalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
Ra787

Groom it in Goldenrod every day. Win battles with it.
Ra787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #17
darknut79
Balloonicorn Aspie

Groom it, let it battle but NEVER let it faint, feed it berries, and... yeah, those are all the tricks I know, obviously you should ALWAYS have it in your party.

YUGIOH WANTS/HAVES LIST

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread...1#post26901501
darknut79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #18
gebhart25
Learning the Ropes

I play fire red and if you go to your rivals house and talk to his sister she will tell you how much your pokemon loves you and I want my evee to be an umbreon too she says evee can't posibly love me any more than he dose now. He is lvl49 and has 3 kids and I don't know why he won't evolve. And I'm trying to get a blissey and my chancy is warming up to me and I don't know where to get hair cuts and I think there are baths also please help me I play again I play fireredversion thank you
gebhart25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
wobmaster
garbodor is cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebhart25 View Post
I play fire red and if you go to your rivals house and talk to his sister she will tell you how much your pokemon loves you and I want my evee to be an umbreon too she says evee can't posibly love me any more than he dose now. He is lvl49 and has 3 kids and I don't know why he won't evolve. And I'm trying to get a blissey and my chancy is warming up to me and I don't know where to get hair cuts and I think there are baths also please help me I play again I play fireredversion thank you
if you're playing fire red, you ought to be posting in the Fire Red/Leaf Green section, not the GSC section.

But, do you have the National Dex? Blissey and Umbreon aren't in the original 151 Pokemon, so they can't evolve unless you get the National Dex expansion to the Pokedex. To get that, you have to have caught 60 Pokemon and beat the Elite Four. Then talk to Prof. Oak, and he will give it to you.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #20
Dandaman955
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobmaster View Post
if you're playing fire red, you ought to be posting in the Fire Red/Leaf Green section, not the GSC section.

But, do you have the National Dex? Blissey and Umbreon aren't in the original 151 Pokemon, so they can't evolve unless you get the National Dex expansion to the Pokedex. To get that, you have to have caught 60 Pokemon and beat the Elite Four. Then talk to Prof. Oak, and he will give it to you.
Eevee won't evolve into Umbreon on Firered anyway, due to a lack of an internal clock. If you want it to evolve, you'll have to trade it to RSE, evolve it there, and trade it back. It will evolve depending on its happiness and what time of day it is.
Dandaman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
ImperialLemon
Pojo Veteran

umbreon does not exist in fire reds world therefore u cant get them with out trading for them...
ImperialLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #22
EeveelutionLover
Pojo Newbie

Talking Easy Way For Happiness

I found that if you give a pokemon the Exp. Share and then go and battle the Elite Four as many times as possible again, your pokemon will level up so much! Meaning more happiness points!!
EeveelutionLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
thelargeone
Just Got Here

ok well just found this so thought to put it up.

pokemon likeness level is divided into different numbers

70 is the starting number that you get once you catch a wild pokemon (200) if you catch it with a love ball that is made from (p) apri's

for a pokemon to evolve with likeness you need a likeness of 220 or more

every 256 steps is a cycle so every cycle you take make likeness +1
every time you use it in a bym battle or elite four make it happiness go up
every time you use carbon, protein, etc... will make it likeness go up +5 (this number reduces once the pokemon's likeness of you hits a certain numbers)
everytime you groom it (daisy in pallet town 3~4pm with GSC) any anytime you fly to pallet in fire red/ leaf green
and everytime your pokemon levels up you get a + likeness depending on what level of likeness you are on now

for the boxing of the pokemon it does not matter what ever likeness number you have on the pokemon just remains the same if you put it in your pc
trading a pokemon make it reset to 70 automatically.
once a pokemon faints it is an automatically -2 likeness

likeness caps at 255 (all these numbers are not offical its just tests that i have done that worked for me on GSC and other pokemon games)

to check the likeness of your pokemon either go to goldenrod city to the lady right beside the bike shop if you have GSC or go to daisy and after her grooming talk to her again. (all these methods only give how much the first pokemon in your party likes you. once it says "it must trust you alot" (golden rod) or "it is friendly with you keep going at it" you know evolution is close

happy evolution
thelargeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #24
lapislapras5289
Learning the Ropes

Garys sister in pallet town also gives free haircuts daily. From 3-4 pm

Last edited by lapislapras5289 : 11-04-2013 at 12:02 AM.
lapislapras5289 is offline   Reply With Quote