Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
The Creator God of Light, Horakhty
This card idea was inspired by the recent announcement of the tournament-legal "Obelisk the Tormentor" in the OCG and the manga/anime incarnation of this character. Before viewing this card, it should be assumed (as would not be unreasonable) that not only could "Obelisk the Tormentor" be released in the TCG, but the other two Egyptian Gods could see their own tournament-legal versions released as well. While this character has never appeared in card form either in the anime or as an illegal collector item in the real game as the Egyptian Gods have, I'm sure many fans before me have made attempts to do so. For this reason I have tried to make this card fairly realistic compared to others' versions, with a comprehensive set of effects AND rulings that should be consistent with the way the real game works. So without further adieu:
The Creator God of Light, Horakhty
DIVINE Level 12
ATK ∞ DEF ∞
"Obelisk the Tormentor" + "Slifer the Sky Dragon" + "The Winged Dragon of Ra"
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by removing from play the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization"). The Summon of this card cannot be negated. This card is unaffected by the effects of other Monsters, Spells, and Traps. When this card is Summoned, remove from play all cards on your side of the field, in your hand, Deck, Graveyard and Extra Deck, except this card. This card is removed from play during the End Phase.
• The ATK and DEF of this card are infinite.
• (Note that with the legal release of "Obelisk the Tormentor", DIVINE Attribute and Divine-Beast-Type are also legal).
• This card's Summoning conditions are similar to "XYZ-Dragon Cannon". So you cannot Special Summon this card using any other effects such as "Polymerization", "Metamorphosis", "Future Fusion", "Cyber-Stein", "Monster Reborn", etc.
• The Summon of this card cannot be negated by cards like "Solemn Judgment", but if effects like "Jam Breeding Machine" prevent Summons, you cannot Summon this card.
• If "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" inflicts any battle damage to your opponent, they will lose the Duel.
• Like "Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes", this card is unaffected by ANY other effects while on the field, including those that don't target, but it can be offered as Tribute for a Tribute Summon or as a cost of another effect, like "Mystik Wok".
• If "Skill Drain" is active, the Summon of "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" still can't be negated.
• If "Skill Drain" is already active when "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" is Summoned, then the effects of "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" are negated (it won't remove your cards from play, it will be affected by other card effects and it won't remove itself from play during your End Phase). However, the ATK and DEF of "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" would remain as infinite, since these are not determined by its effect but are its original, printed ATK and DEF.
• If "Skill Drain" is activated after "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" is Summoned, the effects of "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" will not be negated.
• If you chain "Mystik Wok" to the effect of this card that removes all of your cards from play and offer this card as Tribute for its effect, then your Life Points will become infinite. But you can still lose/draw if you take infinite damage (for example, if your opponent's "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" inflicts battle damage to you or "Self-Destruct Button" is used).
• If this card attacks and would deal battle damage, but your opponent activates "Enchanted Javelin" in response to the attack, then your opponent would gain infinite Life Points but then lose an infinite amount of Life Points. In a direct attack, even though the amount of Life Points gained is the same as the amount of Life Points lost, infinite damage will always reduce Life Points to 0 and your opponent's Life Points would not simply return to their previous value.
• If this card battles with "The Wicked Avatar" or "Mirage Knight", or the effect of "Honest" is used, then the opposing monster will gain infinite ATK. This will result in a tie battle and both monsters will be destroyed (unless this monster battles "Kaiser Glider" in this situation; then only "The Creator God of Light, Horakhty" will be destroyed). No battle damage would be inflicted to either player.
• Assuming a pre-existing "Skill Drain" is negating this card's immunity to other card effects, then ATK/DEF modifiers like "Black Pendant", "Shrink" and "Reinforcements" will have no effect on this card. But cards like "Sanga of the Thunder", "Fairy Box" and "Cybernetic Magician" WILL affect this card normally. Also, "Crush Card Virus" will destroy this card (since infinite is higher than 1500), but "Deck Devastation Virus" will not.
• DIVINE Attribute monsters can destroy "Five-Headed Dragon" in battle.
• This card's effect that removes it from play is a Trigger Effect and activates during every End Phase (assuming either player survives that long, considering this card has infinite ATK but you lose every other card you own).
So, what do you guys think? Perhaps, given the fact that "Obelisk the Tormentor" (and presumably the other three hypothetical Egyptian Gods) can be Special Summoned with "Return from the Different Dimension" or something, this card may not be any harder to Summon than "XYZ-Dragon Cannon", but is supremely better once on the field. So perhaps this card is broken, but if this card would be Forbidden, then so be it. After all, the manga/anime character is like GOD, so it should be the most powerful monster in the game. At least I made an attempt to give it as severe a drawback as possible. I mean, if your opponent has just one Defense Position monster and no Attack Position monsters, they basically win no matter how high this card's ATK is.
● Hunting Numbers: 33
RC-1 Certified, Konami Judge Program Member (judged 5 YCS events)
Originally Posted by Kevin Tewart
We kept pants off of Opticlops at least.
Last edited by Redshift : 04-08-2009 at 01:10 AM.