Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Dragon Ball Z/GT > Dragon Ball / DBZ / GT Anime/Manga Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default How Strong is Piccolo at the end of DBZ?

Is he at perfect Cell's level? I personally don't think that he reached that level, but maybe about as strong as SSJ Goku when he fought Cell. We do see Piccolo meditating in the 7 year break before the Buu saga, so we know he at least trained some then. But i get the sense that he isn't training as hard as he used to, because he knows he will never match Gohan, Goku or Vegeta.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
TheSurferOne
Pojo Veteran
 
TheSurferOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 875
iTrader: -1 (33%)
Default

I believe Piccolo understood that after fusing with Kami his power level really cannot go any higher and that he reached his max. I believe the meditation is just him focusing and training because those are things he just does. He understood his role as the "smart" one and is probably around the same strength of Goku when he fought Cell. I still think Cell would have won that fight against Piccolo at the end of Dragonball Z.
__________________


I used to rip, now I have changed. I send first forever.
TheSurferOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Gemini531
Registered User
 
Gemini531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 311
iTrader: 0
Default

I am sure that we under estimate piccolo's strength because he isnt a ssj but he has an impressive resume. When it comes to improvement he improves more than the SSJ do under similar circumstances. I feel that in the buu saga he was portray as a weaker person but his rival was absent for most of those 7 years when he heard goku was returning then he started training. With goku back he would train and since he always is close to goku in power I beleive he'd at least be able to match goku as a SSJ2 at the end of DBZ.

SS2 goku and piccolo engaged in battle not a one sided affair. Engaged. Which is probably his most likely place on the fighters spectrum. Gohan,SSJ3Goku and Gotenks,Buu,Vegeta,Piccolo,kibito kai,Android 18,
goten,trunks, tien,krillin. Piccolo's stength comes from powering up not transformations so I think if he applied his efforts to matching and maintaining his energy output like against 17 he can definitely hang with a SS2.
Gemini531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

No way piccolo can match a SSJ2, imo.

I'd say piccolo is the 6th strongest fighter alive at the end of DBZ. Behind Gohan, Goku, Vegeta, Uub, and Mr. Buu. Perhaps Kibitokai too, although we don't have a very good indicator of how strong he is. Probably above Piccolo as well. It's too bad, because piccolo is one of the best fighters to watch in a serious battle.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
TheSurferOne
Pojo Veteran
 
TheSurferOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 875
iTrader: -1 (33%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini531 View Post
I am sure that we under estimate piccolo's strength because he isnt a ssj but he has an impressive resume. When it comes to improvement he improves more than the SSJ do under similar circumstances. I feel that in the buu saga he was portray as a weaker person but his rival was absent for most of those 7 years when he heard goku was returning then he started training. With goku back he would train and since he always is close to goku in power I beleive he'd at least be able to match goku as a SSJ2 at the end of DBZ.

SS2 goku and piccolo engaged in battle not a one sided affair. Engaged. Which is probably his most likely place on the fighters spectrum. Gohan,SSJ3Goku and Gotenks,Buu,Vegeta,Piccolo,kibito kai,Android 18,
goten,trunks, tien,krillin. Piccolo's stength comes from powering up not transformations so I think if he applied his efforts to matching and maintaining his energy output like against 17 he can definitely hang with a SS2.
There is no way, Piccolo was freaking out when Vegeta turned SS2 and that was not too far from the end. Piccolo was probably around the strength of Goku when he fought Cell, and that is probably somewhat generous. He is a Namekian, I do not think he can generate enough power to become any stronger.
__________________


I used to rip, now I have changed. I send first forever.
TheSurferOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

Yeah, i think that piccolo realized that his best purpose would be to help with strategy, and be a support fighter. Because come buu saga, he probably realized he couldn't keep up with Gohan, Goku, and Vegeta.

Although after the Cell Games, you would think Piccolo would want to keep training. Because on earth, he was the 3rd strongest fighter at that time, and he wasn't WAY behind Vegeta at that time.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
TheSurferOne
Pojo Veteran
 
TheSurferOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 875
iTrader: -1 (33%)
Default

Yes but Piccolo was smart and I think he understood that he would not be able to keep up.
__________________


I used to rip, now I have changed. I send first forever.
TheSurferOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

Maybe if there was another prodigous namekian warrior on new namek for him to fuse with, he could keep things close with the saiyans.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
TheSurferOne
Pojo Veteran
 
TheSurferOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 875
iTrader: -1 (33%)
Default

Haha I guess but highly doubtful Piccolo only fused because he NEEDED too and thought he would become the strongest. Just doing it to keep up is something he wouldn't do.
__________________


I used to rip, now I have changed. I send first forever.
TheSurferOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
StardustdragonRider
Learning the Ropes
 
StardustdragonRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0
Default

no he had no choice but to fuse
StardustdragonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
Gemini531
Registered User
 
Gemini531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 311
iTrader: 0
Default

Piccolo always is able to keep up with goku if he knew that goku was coming back or that gohan wouldnt keep up his training then I think he would be stronger than he was portrayed.

Anyways post buu saga he'd have plenty of time to become strong enough to keep up with goku ss2.
Gemini531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

Doubtful. I agree with the logic that just training on earth is not enough to keep up. I'd say that even 10 years of training isn't enough to make up the difference between SSJ and SSJ2. Piccolo is definitely strong enough to hang with, or even defeat, a regular SSJ. But there is no way he could hope to match a SSJ2. The gap from SSJ to SSJ2 is enormous. Training alone cannot make up that difference.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
MooooooCow
fin~
 
MooooooCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 9,411
iTrader: 0
Default

In the buu saga he's stronger than goten and trunks, after the ROSAT training, and pre-RoSaT trunks and goten are quite strong in comparison to gohan and vegeta.

So after 10 years on non-serious training? I'd guess he'd be around buu saga SSJ goku and vegeta, probably stronger.
__________________
MooooooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #14
TheSurferOne
Pojo Veteran
 
TheSurferOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 875
iTrader: -1 (33%)
Default

What is ROSAT?
__________________


I used to rip, now I have changed. I send first forever.
TheSurferOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:29 AM   #15
Timsey
Pojo Veteran
 
Timsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Europe, The Netherlands
Age: 21
Posts: 735
iTrader: 7 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurferOne View Post
What is ROSAT?
Room of Spirit and Time.

AKA Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
__________________

Moderator of Team Invasion: Always outnumbered, never outplayed!

Spend most of your life ruled by another! Watch your race twindle to a handfull! And then! Tell me what has more meaning than your own strength!
~ Majin Vegeta
Timsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #16
TheSurferOne
Pojo Veteran
 
TheSurferOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 875
iTrader: -1 (33%)
Default

Oh wow I cannot believe I forgot about that haha I love the hyperbolic time chamber
__________________


I used to rip, now I have changed. I send first forever.
TheSurferOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #17
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooooooCow View Post
In the buu saga he's stronger than goten and trunks, after the ROSAT training, and pre-RoSaT trunks and goten are quite strong in comparison to gohan and vegeta.

So after 10 years on non-serious training? I'd guess he'd be around buu saga SSJ goku and vegeta, probably stronger.

What do you mean, goten and trunks are strong compared to gohan and vegeta? How is this? We only see them spar with Gohan and Vegeta. Plus, neither of them is SSJ2, obviously, so Gohan for sure is way ahead of them. Vegeta probably is as well, seeing as the two boys battle android 18 pretty evenly, and Vegeta is far ahead of 18 at the beginning of the 7 year peace.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #18
MooooooCow
fin~
 
MooooooCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 9,411
iTrader: 0
Default

Goten and trunks are stronger than 18, and comparable in strength to SSJ gohan and vegeta. Close enough to that trunks could hit vegeta, and goten gave gohan trouble. They're much stronger after the rosat training, and piccolo is still stronger.
__________________
MooooooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #19
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooooooCow View Post
Goten and trunks are stronger than 18, and comparable in strength to SSJ gohan and vegeta. Close enough to that trunks could hit vegeta, and goten gave gohan trouble. They're much stronger after the rosat training, and piccolo is still stronger.
I don't know if i agree with that. I think that Trunks and Goten landed hits on Gohan and Vegeta more due to the surprise they caused them at being able to turn Super Saiyan. And also they were sparring. Should we also say that Krillin is on Android 18's level because the two of them spar in preparation for the World Tournament?
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
Bojack
Learning the Ropes
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0
Default

If he continued training he would be easilly on SSJ2 level wich would make him the strongest fighter after good Buu,Vegeta,Goku and Gohan and he would be followed by 18(she doesn't loose any power at all even if she doesn't train) then the two SSJ kids and then Tien.
Bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #21
Gemini531
Registered User
 
Gemini531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 311
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
If he continued training he would be easilly on SSJ2 level wich would make him the strongest fighter after good Buu,Vegeta,Goku and Gohan and he would be followed by 18(she doesn't loose any power at all even if she doesn't train) then the two SSJ kids and then Tien.
Thank you
Gemini531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #22
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

No, there isn't a prayer he could catch up to the power of a SSJ2. But your list is probably correct anyway, because he is certainly more powerful than Goten and Trunks, but behind Gohan, Vegeta, Goku, and Good Buu. And Kibitokai.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #23
Gemini531
Registered User
 
Gemini531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 311
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienshinhan08 View Post
Doubtful. I agree with the logic that just training on earth is not enough to keep up. I'd say that even 10 years of training isn't enough to make up the difference between SSJ and SSJ2. Piccolo is definitely strong enough to hang with, or even defeat, a regular SSJ. But there is no way he could hope to match a SSJ2. The gap from SSJ to SSJ2 is enormous. Training alone cannot make up that difference.
Piccolo was stronger than a SSJ when he fought 17.
His training is superior to all. He gets more out of his training than anyone.
He was probably the same strentgh as trunks or stronger at the cell games.

The power level difference is enourmous

Last edited by Gemini531 : 04-08-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Gemini531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #24
Gotrunkillo
Pojo Veteran
 
Gotrunkillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,060
iTrader: 0
Default

Chiming in. I would say Piccolo at the end of Buu saga is somewhere in between or better yet just below SSJ powered up Trunks and SSJ Goku fighting Perfect Cell in Cell games saga. I dont think he was as strong as SSJ Goku right there but close. Goku was almost as strong as Perfect Cell and theres no way Piccolo was near as strong as Perfect Cell.

Last edited by Gotrunkillo : 04-08-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Gotrunkillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
tienshinhan08
Ballerholic
 
tienshinhan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,021
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini531 View Post
Piccolo was stronger than a SSJ when he fought 17.
His training is superior to all. He gets more out of his training than anyone.
He was probably the same strentgh as trunks or stronger at the cell games.

The power level difference is enourmous
Piccolo was stronger than the original super saiyans against 17. But at the Cell Games he was weaker than all of the super saiyans. But i agree that he probably gets up to or perhaps a bit past the level of goku at the cell games. I just think that the gap between that level and the level of a SSJ2 is much too big for him to make up with just training, no matter what the training is.
__________________
This is New Orleans, dawg. Police ain't gonna come. If they do, they'll start shoving us out of the way and looting.

-Davis
tienshinhan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisements


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.