Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Traditional" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
MaiValentineFan01

Smile How to build a Harpie/Mai Valentine deck?

HELP!
i have some Harpies cards....
& i need to know how to make a deck Like Mai's
sooo please help Thanks~
(my first post lol)
MaiValentineFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
bencher
Pojo Veteran

put in harpies and other mai cards
bencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
MaiValentineFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencher View Post
put in harpies and other mai cards
i know but i mean does anyone have a list of her deck?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
Blaze Wheeler
It's all over!

Here is where you can find all of the cards that Mai has used --> http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mai_Valentine

And you may want to make it into a WIND deck to make it easier...Plus you can buy one for CHEAP!
Blaze Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Hikari to yami ryu

You should just make harpies. Mai"s deck also had amazoness.
Hikari to yami ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
MaiValentineFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin Joey Wheeler View Post
Here is where you can find all of the cards that Mai has used --> http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mai_Valentine

And you may want to make it into a WIND deck to make it easier...Plus you can buy one for CHEAP!
Thanks & where?

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari to yami ryu View Post
You should just make harpies. Mai"s deck also had azonesmas.

Thanks! & i probly will just make it harpies

Last edited by MaiValentineFan01 : 02-11-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
Hikari to yami ryu

It's a good deck, so have fun making it.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
MaiValentineFan01

Quote:
It's a good deck, so have fun making it.
thanks any idea where to get harpie cards? and spells/traps that go good with them?
oh and is this a good deck?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Harpie_Lady_Deck
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
Hikari to yami ryu

Yes and no, but it's up to you. The trap (I forget it's name) is in the wind deck. the rest, should be easy trade. Maybe not cyber harpie.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
MaiValentineFan01

Quote:
Yes and no, but it's up to you. The trap (I forget it's name) is in the wind deck. the rest, should be easy trade. Maybe not cyber harpie.
thanks and luckly i already have Cyber Harpie Lady.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
Hikari to yami ryu

LOL. Good for ya, somewhat the hard part is out of the way. What do you have so far?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
MaiValentineFan01

The Harpie Cards i Have Are....
1 Cyber Harpie Lady
2 Harpie ladys
1 Harpie lady 1
1 Harpie lady 2
1 Haprie lady 3
1 Harpie girl
1 Harpie's brother
1 Harpies hunting Ground
1 Elegant Egotist
(and this one isnt harpie but its effect is for Harpies)
1 Bird Face
-----------
and is this a good Structure deck for my harpies?
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Structu...d_of_the_Storm
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #13
Hikari to yami ryu

Well, I mean the deck you want to run. And the structure is good to get.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #14
MaiValentineFan01

i want to run a Harpie/Wind Deck.
and after i get the structure deck i think these cards will be good to add..
Monsters:
Wynn the wind charmer
Familiar-Possessed - Wynn
Hunter Owl
Spell:
Mountain
Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #15
Avenger of Mythos
Pojo Veteran

Personally, I'd suggest not sticking exactly to the cards Mai uses, buit rather simply build on the Harpie theme.

When it comes to choosing which Harpies to run, my suggestion is either 3 Cyber Harpies or 3 Harpie Lady 1s. The Cyber Harpies have a more reliable beatstick attack, but if you can get 3 Harpy Lady 1 onto the field then they all have 2200 ATK, and any other Wind monsters on the field also gain 900 ATK. It's up to you to determine which works best for you.

Aside from that, run 3 Harpie Queen, since these can count as Harpie Lady for the various Harpie effects, and are very valuable. Plus they make a good beatstick.

Also, you'll want to run at least 1 and probably more than 1 of Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon. The original Pet Dragon is useless, but Pet Baby is a big improvement. Harpie's Brother doesn't count as a Harpie for most/any effects, so I don't know if I'd bother. If you find your deck is lacking some hitting power, run Familiar-Possessed Wynn instead of him, unless you load up on Icarus Attack.

Personally, aside from running Familiar-Possessed Wynn for beatsticks I wouldn't bother with Charmer Wynn or Storming Wynn. Charmer Wynn isn't going to have many opponent monsters it can take control of and Storming Wynn's ATK and DEF are too low for its effect to be useful, especially since you shouldn't have many, if any, high level monsters.

If you just want a Harpie deck, don't bother with Elegant Egotist and Harpie Sisters. But if you do intend to make it very Mai and you want to put them in, I'd suggest only 1 copy of the sisters and 1-2 Elegant Egotist. And perhaps a Triangle Ecstacy Spark too.

You'll need 2-3 Harpie's Hunting Ground for your Queens and for good S/T destruction. For a Mai themed deck, Hysteric Party also works very well since you can call many Harpies at once. Additionally, as a supplement for the many Equip cards that Mai ran with her Harpies, throw in 2-3 Phalanx Pikes, since they will provide your Harpie Ladies and Queens with boosts between 900 and 4500 depending on how many other Ladies and Queens are in your grave.

Aside from that you'll want lots of S/T destruction, since that's a focus of Harpie/Wind decks. MST, Heavy Storm are of course musts. Lady Ninja Yae is another option, and if you can get it a Raiza works wonderfully in this deck, since he's a Winged Beast too. Add in some Shrinks as well, since they are reminiscent of Mirror Wall but have more utility and help out the generally underpowered Harpies.

From the Trap List, I would throw in a Mirror Wall just for theme's sake, if you can fit it. PWWB fits the theme of birds and winged beasts, and 2-3 Icarus Attacks are a must, since you can use them to offset losses you would normally take. If your opponent attacks or targets a harpie to be destroyed and you're about to lose it, chain an Icarus to destroy 2 opponent cards and end up with a 0 or +1 instead of a -1. Very handy.

Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi is okay for use in this deck, but it does generate a -1 and no immediate benefit since it places cards on the bottom of the deck rather than the top, so its up to you whether it's worth running.

Those suggestions should take up approximately... half the deck. You're left with 15-20 cards that you can mess around with however you like, to make the deck more like Mai's, more competitive or more suited to your style of play, as you see fit.

Additionally, since you've posted in Traditional, Harpie's Feather Duster is obvious, and other staples like Graceful Charity, Pot of Greed, Ring of Destruction, etc etc. A Harpie deck isn't anywhere near as good in Traditional as in Advanced though, since your Spells and Traps that hang around on the field are much more open to destruction and there's very few ways for this sort of deck to stop Chaos or something like that.

Last edited by Avenger of Mythos : 02-12-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Avenger of Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #16
MaiValentineFan01

WOW thanks!!!
im getting alot of those cards you mentioned so ya ill deff. add those and i think i dont have 1 or 2 of those cards and Harpies feather Duster ive tryed to get but its to much money any where i look.....do you know where i can get one cheap?
oh and about the advanced deck what would be some good cards if i wanted to go that diretion?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #17
Avenger of Mythos
Pojo Veteran

Harpie theme decks don't suffer much from losing Forbidden cards. You'll lose a bit of speed from the loss of Pot and Graceful Charity that you may want to recover, but draw power is scarce for a Harpie deck. You'll only be losing a handful of staples that you can replace with whatever you like, since none of the core strategies, combos or engines of the deck utilise these banned cards.

Additional Comment:

Once they get released in the TCG I'd also advise slipping in a few Blackwing - Gale and Blackwing - Blizzard. These are Winged Beast Tuners and can call out the Blackwing Synchros, which though DARK are still Winged Beast and fit as well as Tuners/Synchros are ever going to into a Mai themed deck. I wouldn't convern myself too much with Blackwings, but throw in a few of the Blackwing Tuners just so you can take advantage of Synchro Summoning when the opportunity arises.

Last edited by Avenger of Mythos : 02-12-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Avenger of Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #18
Gilbert Gosseyn III
Pro(tm)

Mae Valentine only uses three harpies...
Gilbert Gosseyn III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
MaiValentineFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger of Mythos View Post
Harpie theme decks don't suffer much from losing Forbidden cards. You'll lose a bit of speed from the loss of Pot and Graceful Charity that you may want to recover, but draw power is scarce for a Harpie deck. You'll only be losing a handful of staples that you can replace with whatever you like, since none of the core strategies, combos or engines of the deck utilise these banned cards.

Additional Comment:

Once they get released in the TCG I'd also advise slipping in a few Blackwing - Gale and Blackwing - Blizzard. These are Winged Beast Tuners and can call out the Blackwing Synchros, which though DARK are still Winged Beast and fit as well as Tuners/Synchros are ever going to into a Mai themed deck. I wouldn't convern myself too much with Blackwings, but throw in a few of the Blackwing Tuners just so you can take advantage of Synchro Summoning when the opportunity arises.
Thanks for the info =)