Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Skull Duelist
Banned User

Default 黒の庭書き込み - Black Garden Burn

There is always sleep between part and meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

3 Cyber Valley
3 Lonefire Blossom
2 Botanical Lion
2 Gyaku-Gire Panda
2 Lord Poison
1 Dandylion
1 Nettles
1 Sangan
1 Tytannial, Princess of Camellias

3 Black Garden
2 Miracle Fertilizer
2 Terraforming
1 Monster Reborn

3 Just Desserts
3 Reckless Greed
3 Solemn Judgment
3 Threatening Roar
2 Dark Bribe
1 Ceasefire
1 Ojama Trio

Does anybody else remember the old Baboon Burn decks from one year ago and how they were actually really good until Ojama Trio was limited? They used Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest, Raiza the Storm Monarch, and several other Beast monsters to put pressure on the opponent. They also used Ojama Trio (to lock up your opponent's field), in conjunction with Secret Barrel, Just Desserts, Ceasefire, and Des Koala to burn their opponent's Life Points. Whenever these two themes were combined, Baboon Burn was usually really hard to win against.

That's the theory and the concept behind this deck. Black Garden can produce a huge number of Rose Tokens that your burn cards can feed off of, while hurting the opponent in other ways as well with Black Garden's Attack Reduction effect. Plant decks can also take advantage of the Rose Tokens that are placed on your side of the field with Cyber Valley, Pollinosis, and Tytannical, Princess of Camelias. Hand Destruction and Cyber Valley add a huge amount of needed speed to the deck, while Threatening Roar gives you an entire extra turn to set up or recover from anything that might happen. With the agression and speed that Plant Decks have, combined with the control of Black Garden, and splashed with a little Burn, you have a very good deck that can compete with the current meta very well.

So let us part like we usually do...
And in a world without you
I'll dream of you.

3 Stardust Dragon
2 Armory Arm
2 Black Rose Dragon
2 Dark Strike Fighter
2 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Magical Android
1 Queen of Thorns
1 Tempest Magician

When I come to, let us meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

Last edited by Skull Duelist : 03-18-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Skull Duelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
piprod01
A lil' itchy!

probly should have waited till after you take the shounen jump with this thing to post this that way you would be able to prove it was your idea before the dreaded NETDECKERS steal it.

but any way the deck looks fine in theory but i guess you don't know untill you face some real decks
Old 12-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
Skull Duelist
Banned User

I'm not going to any Shonen Jumps any time soon, and nobody is going to netdeck this unless it is really good. Black Garden Control Decks without burn are already really good, so I don't see why putting any burn into them will make it any worse.

We'll see soon enough.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
TadpolesAndre

Genious. I making this, except i will definetly run pollinosis, solemns, bribes, gbind, etc. or at lesst try them out, because i want black garden to be safe.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=549083 <- Stardust Burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerx999 View Post
Spectator: "Judge Emon scratched his ass! I saw him take something out of his pants pocket!"

Emon: "I am not allowed to even do that?"
TadpolesAndre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Skull Duelist
Banned User

Well, I wanted the ability to stay alive (Threatening Roar) and still be able to attack, so I decided against Gravity Bind, Level Limit - Area B and the like. You could try Swords of Revealing Light and Messenger of Peace and see how they work out for you.

If you can lock down a field of Monsters in just a few turns, than Black Garden has done all that it needs too. All of the Counter Traps that I may or may not need to protect it with are in my side deck as of right now.

Just remember, this time, I posted this one first. :P
Old 12-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
regeki404
Pojo Veteran

oh my god. i never even thought of this. props. thats all i got to say..... props.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
Skull Duelist
Banned User

Thanks for the post.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #8
mastermog
Hitsugaya Toushiro

-3 hand destruction
+1 tytannial
+2 trade-in
Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
Skull Duelist
Banned User

Aaron, that is a very inconsistant change.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #10
mastermog
Hitsugaya Toushiro

it is xD but just something to consider trying
i tried looking up other lv 8 plants but no avail
what about d-hero plasma?
negate effects and half all atk xD
Old 12-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
Skull Duelist
Banned User

I'm not going to add any more Level 8 Monsters to the deck.

I don't want this to be inconsistant.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #12
knives1990
im gettn paperrrrr

You should put in a few more burn cards. It doesn't seem like there are enough in here.
knives1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #13
Skull Duelist
Banned User

What more burn could you possibly ask for?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #14
knives1990
im gettn paperrrrr

Well first of all Tokens have no effects, so Ceasefire will have a very minimal effect. Secondly, the only really significant burn cards you have right now are Just Desserts as the opponent's field will be loaded up pretty easily with tokens. Secret Barrel won't do much though TBH...I'd find room for 1 or 2 Dimensional Wall's or something to tribute your own tokens with to deal damage, like Cannon Soldier or something.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #15
Skull Duelist
Banned User

You forgot about Magic Cylinder being a burn card. :P

Secret Barrel does plenty of burn because of several extra free Rose Tokens that my opponent will have. The same applies for Just Desserts. Ceasefire does enough damage on it's own with the monsters that actually do hit the field. Remember how in Baboon Burn the way that Ceasefire didn't count for the Ojama Tokens?

Besides, the agression that Plant decks have makes up for any damage that my Burn cards cannot inflict.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #16
knives1990
im gettn paperrrrr

I don't really consider Cylinder a burn card even though it's a great card in here. But I forgot Barrel counts the cards on the opponents field as well as hand so statement retracted :P
Old 12-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #17
Skull Duelist
Banned User

What is Magic Cylinder to you?

If it isn't Burn, than what is it? :P
Old 12-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #18
Gamemaster
Pojo Veteran

Location: Where some find me useless, One other like me, 4 races, Ruled by 4 Kings & Queens, Where & Who am I?
Cool

Believe it or not, I came to this particular forum to look at some decks to get some ideas for my Black Garden Burn deck. I don't have the guts to post mine yet however, but I will make a suggestion(s). You...should...run...at least...one...NETTLES! Yeah!

I had an idea for a skill drain burn deck a while ago that used Star Dust Dragon to protect your Wave Motion Cannon. In this deck, Star Dust Dragon is a great wall with Black Garden on the field, and he protects you from all the most popular threats. And he produces a crazy amount of tokens for the opponent. One from summoning Nettles, another for the other monster (or just use your Rose tokens), and another for Star Dust itself. You can even summon Queen of Thorns for more burn or Black Rose for a good finisher!

You should play Ojama Trio. If played well, you can lock up your opponent on their first turn. And, as a result, you get a token to your field! I know you might be scared to draw it later in the game when your opponent has more tokens, but if this deck goes off like it should, that won't happen.

Playtesting, I've found that we lose to Thought Ruler or Red Dragon Archfiend if they get it out before you play Black Garden. So, if you can, play Crush Card. You play Sangan, and the entire deck is reliant upon these little dark plant critters, sounds like it goes against your core strategy (more cards=better) but sometimes, you've got to kill stuff.

Finally, think about 3 Lord poison. In the early game you may be hurt, but, if you use a single lonefire, your in business. How? Because you can fill your opponent's field with tokens light speed with Lord Poison. Each lord poison produces 2-3 tokens because Black Garden's effect activates during the damage step, a Garden halved lord poison has 750 atk, and it can kamikaze into a Rose Token to summon a lonefire to get something else! That's at least three tokens. Very nice!

I don't like the Hand Destruction. I don't know if it's necessary. I think when you playtest you will find this to be true or maybe not. As for what to put in for it, you can try some of my suggestions or you can do something else.

Here's a summary of my suggestions:
+1 or 2 Nettles
+1 Ojama Trio
+1 Crush Card
+1 Lord Poison

-3 Hand Destruction

My deck has a very synergistic card that no one else seems to have thought of, yet. I won't tell you what it is (who0o0t! suspense!) but when building decks outside the box, you have to think outside the box. Which is something you already seem good at doing! Good deck. Good luck.
Gamemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #19
knives1990
im gettn paperrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Duelist View Post
What is Magic Cylinder to you?

If it isn't Burn, than what is it? :P
A good tech card haha.
I know it burns but it doesn't do damage whenever you want it to, know what I mean? Like you rely on an attack while most true burn cards burn whenever they want.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #20
Skull Duelist
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamemaster View Post
Believe it or not, I came to this particular forum to look at some decks to get some ideas for my Black Garden Burn deck. I don't have the guts to post mine yet however, but I will make a suggestion(s). You...should...run...at least...one...NETTLES! Yeah!

I had an idea for a skill drain burn deck a while ago that used Star Dust Dragon to protect your Wave Motion Cannon. In this deck, Star Dust Dragon is a great wall with Black Garden on the field, and he protects you from all the most popular threats. And he produces a crazy amount of tokens for the opponent. One from summoning Nettles, another for the other monster (or just use your Rose tokens), and another for Star Dust itself. You can even summon Queen of Thorns for more burn or Black Rose for a good finisher!

You should play Ojama Trio. If played well, you can lock up your opponent on their first turn. And, as a result, you get a token to your field! I know you might be scared to draw it later in the game when your opponent has more tokens, but if this deck goes off like it should, that won't happen.

Playtesting, I've found that we lose to Thought Ruler or Red Dragon Archfiend if they get it out before you play Black Garden. So, if you can, play Crush Card. You play Sangan, and the entire deck is reliant upon these little dark plant critters, sounds like it goes against your core strategy (more cards=better) but sometimes, you've got to kill stuff.

Finally, think about 3 Lord poison. In the early game you may be hurt, but, if you use a single lonefire, your in business. How? Because you can fill your opponent's field with tokens light speed with Lord Poison. Each lord poison produces 2-3 tokens because Black Garden's effect activates during the damage step, a Garden halved lord poison has 750 atk, and it can kamikaze into a Rose Token to summon a lonefire to get something else! That's at least three tokens. Very nice!

I don't like the Hand Destruction. I don't know if it's necessary. I think when you playtest you will find this to be true or maybe not. As for what to put in for it, you can try some of my suggestions or you can do something else.

Here's a summary of my suggestions:
+1 or 2 Nettles
+1 Ojama Trio
+1 Crush Card
+1 Lord Poison

-3 Hand Destruction

My deck has a very synergistic card that no one else seems to have thought of, yet. I won't tell you what it is (who0o0t! suspense!) but when building decks outside the box, you have to think outside the box. Which is something you already seem good at doing! Good deck. Good luck.
Your suggestions are worth looking into, and your summary of information is very nice and helpful. Your very synergetic card doesn't sound very good, to be honest. I honestly don't see why you cannot tell me what it is, even in a PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #21
grenmajuman
Red Claw Vet

Deck needs more Wave-Motion Cannon I think.

Also, I'd suggest Rivarly of Warlords + Pollinosis, but you run Cyber Valley, so I guess not.

Do the impossible
See the invisible
Row row, fight the power!
grenmajuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #22
Skull Duelist
Banned User

Without any of the Counter Traps, Wave-Motion Cannon would be kind of worthless in here.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #23
THE WOOD 504

Location: NEW ORLEANS, home of the black n gold aka the team takin home the ring

try ojama trio, if u have black garden u get 3 tokens to abuse and when seed shot comes out of crimcon crisis, it will wreck. i like the deck, i actually run a black garden deck that sides into burn lol

i like my deck like i like my music: fast, loud, and intense!!!

TEAM DEWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSapphire

I got banned at a local...for SMOKING WEED!!!
THE WOOD 504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #24
RoyalSecret

this thing looks amazing.. just amazing.. a truly unique take of the deck

Well Done
RoyalSecret

90% of TCG players are nerdy, smelly, and unattractive. If you're one of the 10% who aren't, put this in your sig!!
RoyalSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #25
citizen0
Pojo Veteran

im sad to say u arent the first to make plant burn, our team uses one that main's chain energy, curse or darkness and queen of thorns. with a few other chainable burn cards. alot more deadlier. but yer version is nice also. I just like ours with chain they pay 500(but its usually 2 so 1000 lp) to do anything, with queen they pay 1000lp to do any summon, curse they pay 1000 lp to use spells. thats what we're taking to shonen. we dont care if people know. they wont change thier side decks anyhow since this deck wont be a major concern for them,(exactly what we hope for)
citizen0 is offline   Reply With Quote