Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
The_Supreme_King

The_Supreme_King is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Evil Hero Guide; How to make a decent Evil Hero deck?

Evil Hero Guide

Hello Evil Hero fans, this a guide wich helps you to build a decent Evil Hero deck WITH Fusions. Now don’t run off because you read the word “fusion”, because this going to be fun.

(Please note: English is not my native language, so my grammar may not always be correct, in fact, most of the time it's not)

First, let’s talk about the support the Evil Heroes have:

Evil Hero Support:
Elemental Hero Stratos
Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy
Evil Hero Infernal Gainer
Dark Fusion
Dark Calling

Stratos should be obvious, he’s a free +1 and has a nice R-Righteous Justice effect as well, altough I think you use his search effect more often. I will only add one copy, since he’s restricted to one. Then comes Infernal Prodigy, if you tribute him for a Hero monster, you get a free draw at the end of your turn. In an Evil Hero deck, it works great with Malicious Edge. Since I plan to play only 2 high-level monsters in my deck (2x Malicious Edge), I will only use 2 copies of Infernal Prodigy. Infernal Gainer is also great when combined with Malicous Edge, he’s great in general, since its effect works with any Fiend-Type monster, he can also be used to bring out Dark Gaia. I will use only one copie, since I need space for other cards as well and I like having a deck around 40 cards. Then, there is Dark Fusion, this card makes the Evil Hero Fusion monsters so great, it basically protects your just-summoned monster for one turn from being targeted by Spells, Traps, and Monster effects. This means you don’t have to worry about cards like Sakuretsu Armor and Dimensional Prison when attacking. I will add 2 copies of this card, since I play 3x Dark Calling wich also empties my hand. And then, last but not least; Dark Calling, this card is great. You can RFP monsters from your hand and grave. You don’t need to have a monster on the field and so you don’t have to use Premature Burial or Monster Reborn to get cards back when you have only one Fusion Material monster in your hand.

So far, the deck looks like this:

Monsters:
1|Elemental Hero Stratos
2|Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy
1|Evil Hero Infernal Gainer

Spells:
2|Dark Fusion
3|Dark Calling

Fusion Support (in this deck):
Morphing Jar
Future Fusion
Magical Merchant/Reasoning/Monster Gate
Fusion Substitute monsters
Dimension Fusion
Elemental Hero Prisma

Now you might be suprised; Morphing Jar?! Morphing Jar is actually a good way when you’re out of options, and have one card left in your hand (e.g. Malicous Edge) you discard that one card, and then get to draw 5 new cards! If your opponent has something up his sleeve you’ll ruin his entire strategy! It also works great in this deck since when you only have monsters in your hand, you can fill your graveyard with lots of monsters! Then you can remove them with Dark Calling to summon an Evil Hero! Morphing Jar is limited to one, so I’ll only play one copy. Future Fusion is for the speed in the deck, let’s say you ditch Clayman and Sparkman for Thunder Giant, you can remove them from play to summon Lightning Golem and two turns later you’ll get a Thunder Giant! This nice card is also limited and so only one copy of it in my deck. Magical Merchant/Reasoning/Monster Gate are all ways to dump monsters quickly in your grave so you can fuse them with Dark Calling. I only use one copy of Magical Merchant since I like him the most out of the 3 options available. You can always go for a more oriented Dark Calling build playing 3x Magical Merchant, 3x Reasoning and 3x Monster Gate, but I just don’t like that. Then a must have in almost any Fusion deck; Fusion Substitute Monsters. I prefer the Hex-Sealed Fusion monsters since they are of the rock-type and have a solid defence. KotS is of no use here since you can’t discard it to get Dark Fusion and it’s inferior to the Hex-Sealed Fusion trio. I play 2 copies of HSF monsters; The Light and The Dark. The Earth is also a good choice, it’s just personal preference. Then there is Dimension Fusion, it summons all your monsters that are RFP back to the field, so you can tribute them or hit for lots of damage. I side it because I don’t think it’s worth maindecking, but it works fantastic against Macro Cosmos and so deserves a spot.
I conclude this section with Prisma, this is a fantastic card, you just dump a Hero from your deck so this card gets the same name and you can fuse it then. E.g. You summon Prisma, show Lightning Golem, ditch Sparkman, Prisma=Sparkman play Dark Fusion and fuse it with the Clayman in your hand. Then you can play Dark Calling to get out even a second Lightning Golem! One copy will do.

The deck now looks like this:

Monsters:
1|Elemental Hero Stratos
1|Morphing Jar
1|Magical Merchant (/Reasoning/Monster Gate)
2|Hex-Sealed Fusion monsters (any type)
1|Elemental Hero Prisma

Spells:
2|Dark Fusion
3|Dark Calling
1|Future Fusion

(Evil Hero deck) Staples=Monsters:
-Evil Hero Malicious Edge
-Elemental Hero Avian
-Elemental Hero Burstinatrix
-Elemental Hero Clayman
-Elemental Hero Sparkman
-Elemental Hero Wildheart
-Sangan
-Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
-Gigantes

I already gave reasons why you should add Malicious Edge; Infernal Prodigy and Infernal Gainer. Add the fact he only needs one tribute most of the time and has a trampling ability; two copies of this in the deck. All the Elemental Hero monsters are in this deck because they need to be in order to fuse. In only play one copy of every E-Hero monster (except for Wildheart) since I think 2 copies is too much. Wildheart is only Elemental Hero that’s 2x in this deck, because of its nice effect. Sangan is an obivious choice, I can add a lot of monsters from the deck using its effect. It’s also a Fiend-Type monster wich is great for Dark Gaia. Ban-List rules so only one copy. Neo-Spacian Grand Mole is one of my favourite cards when it’s on my side of the field it helps me to get rid of any big monsters my opponent might have. Ban-List rules as well; one copy. Then there is Gigantes, I use him because of Dark Gaia and there are quite a lot Earth-Attribute monsters in this deck. Combined with Malcious Edge it’s a 4500ATK strong Dark Gaia or I can just tribute it for Malcious Edge. One copy; space issues.

The deck now:

Monsters:
1|Elemental Hero Stratos
1|Morphing Jar
1|Elemental Hero Prisma
2|Evil Hero Malicious Edge
1|Elemental Hero Avian
1|Elemental Hero Burstinatrix
1|Elemental Hero Clayman
1|Elemental Hero Sparkman
2|Elemental Hero Wildheart
1|Sangan
1|Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1|Gigantes

Spells:
2|Dark Fusion
3|Dark Calling
1|Future Fusion

(Evil Hero deck) staples=spells:
-E – Emergency Call
-Heavy Storm
-Brain Control
-Mystical Space Typhoon
-Monster Reborn
-Pot of Avarice
-Lightning Vortex
-Swords of Revealing Light

E-Emergency Call is a very handy card. You can use it to add Stratos or Prisma or even the weaker E-Heroes. All the other cards are standard staples that just need play. Except for PoA and Lightning Vortex, everything is limited to one. One PoA is enough since it might be trouble with Dark Calling and one Lightning Vortex is also enough since I already give up a lot of my hand.

The deck again:

Monsters:
1|Elemental Hero Stratos
1|Morphing Jar
1|Elemental Hero Prisma
1|Elemental Hero Avian
1|Elemental Hero Clayman
1|Sangan
1|Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1|Gigantes

Spells:
2|Dark Fusion
3|Dark Calling
1|Future Fusion
3|E – Emergency Call
1|Heavy Storm
1|Brain Control
1|Mystical Space Typhoon
1|Monster Reborn
1|Pot of Avarice
1|Lightning Vortex
1|Swords of Revealing Light

(Evil Hero deck) staples=traps:
-Royal Decree
-Mirror Force
-Torrential Tribute

Standard trap line-up. Royal Decree protects my monsters, Mirror Force saves my ass and Torrential Tribute has nice synergy with Wildheart. Royal Decree is limited to two, MF and TT are limited to one.

Final:

Monsters:
1|Elemental Hero Stratos
1|Morphing Jar
1|Elemental Hero Prisma
1|Elemental Hero Avian
1|Elemental Hero Clayman
1|Sangan
1|Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1|Gigantes

Spells:
2|Dark Fusion
3|Dark Calling
1|Future Fusion
3|E – Emergency Call
1|Heavy Storm
1|Brain Control
1|Mystical Space Typhoon
1|Monster Reborn
1|Pot of Avarice
1|Lightning Vortex
1|Swords of Revealing Light

Traps:
2|Royal Decree
1|Mirror Force
1|Torrential Tribute

Fusions:
2|Evil Hero Inferno Wing
2|Evil Hero Lightning Golem
2|Evil Hero Dark Gaia
2|Evil Hero Wild Cyclone
2|Evil Hero Infernal Sniper
2|Evil Hero Malicious Fiend
1|Elemental Hero Flame Wingman
1|Elemental Hero Phoenix Enforcer
1|Elemental Hero Thunder Giant
1|Elemental Hero Wild Wingman
1|Elemental Hero Rampart Blaster

2 copies of each Evil Hero Fusion monster since they can’t be brought back from the grave. One copy of every “good” E-Hero Fusion monster because of Future Fusion. Inferno Wing is for damage, Lightning Golem for monster destruction, Wild Cyclone for S/T destruction, Infernal Sniper for Burn damage. Malicous Fiend is really bad compared to the other Fusions, and no opponent is stupid enough to enter his/her Battle Phase. Flame Wingman is for damage, Phoenix Enforcer serves as a wall. Thunder Giant for monster destruction, Wild Wingman for S/T destruction and Rampart Blaster for Burn damage.

Side:
1|Granmarg the Rock Monarch
1|Mobius the Frost Monarch
1|Mei-Kou, Master of Barriers
1|Des Wombat
1|D.D. Crow
1|Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy

1|Giant Trunade
1|R – Righteous Justice
1|Hero’s Rule 2
1|Dimension Fusion

1|Gravity Bind
1|Pulling the Rug
1|No Entry!
1|Needle Ceiling
1|Needle Wall

Mei-Kou is to get rid of cards like Macro Cosmos, Wave-Motion Cannon etc. Des Wombat is to negate any Burn damage, Grangmarg is Dark Gaia material, Mobius is S/T destruction, Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy is tribute fodder. D.D. Crow is anti-Exodia, Giant Trunade is just a nice Side Deck card, just like R-Righteous Justice and Hero’s Rule 2. Dimension Fusion is anti-cosmos. Gravity Bind and No Entry! can be used to create a small Stall deck using Infernal Sniper and Wildheart. Pulling the Rug is anti-Monarch, Needle Ceiling and Needle Wall are anti-samsam

Combos using Evil Hero (support) cards:

Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy + Evil Hero Malicious Edge; You can Sp. Summon Infernal Prodigy and if your opponent has a monster, it's the only tribute you need for Malicious Edge wich you still Normal Summon! Also, you get a free card in your End Phase!

Evil Hero Infernal Gainer + Evil Hero Malicious Edge/Evil Hero Fusion monster; RFP Infernal Gainer so your Evil Hero monsters can attack twice! And after two turns, Infernal Gainer comes back to help you out!

Morphing Jar + Dark Calling; Ditch Monster cards from your hand and then play Dark Calling to get out a powerful Evil Hero Fusion monster!

Magical Merchant/Reasoning/Monster Gate + Dark Calling: Fill up your graveyard with monsters and then play Dark Calling to get out a powerful Evil Hero Fusion monster!

Future Fusion + Dark Calling; See "Magical Merchant/Reasoning/Monster Gate + Dark Calling"

Evil Hero Wild Cyclone + Big Bang Shot; Trample your opponent's monster so you can destroy all there Set Spells and Traps!

Evil Hero Malicious Fiend + All-Out Attacks; When your opponents Sp. Summons a monster to protect him/herself you can use this combo to devastate your opponent! All your opponent's monsters must attack now!

Other options:

My deck is just an example of an Evil Hero deck, there are many variants available. The most competetive variant is Dark Gaia OTK. You could also make a Dark Calling Turbo variant using Magical Merchant 3x, Reasoning 3x and Monster Gate 3x. Hand Destruction 3x and Card Destruction could also work to accomplish such a deck.

I hope my guide on how to build a decent Evil Hero deck was useful. I’m not trying to copy MajinSageofDarkness’s guide, because I can’t match his studies and all the deck tests he played. Besides, MSoD focuses himself more on an Elemental Hero Fusion deck, his English is way better and his guide is more official than mine.

I’m looking forward to any feedback/comments or what so ever. (NO SPAM THOUGH)

Last edited by The_Supreme_King : 02-24-2008 at 04:57 AM.
The_Supreme_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Dark World Overlord
Banned User

Dark World Overlord is on a distinguished road

1st Post?

Pretty good guide here. The shortest one that I have ever seen though. I do like the Evil Heroes.
Dark World Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
The_Supreme_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark World Overlord View Post
1st Post?

Pretty good guide here. The shortest one that I have ever seen though. I do like the Evil Heroes.
Thanks. Yeah, maybe I should make it a little longer.

Anyone else?
Old 02-24-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
Avenger of Mythos
Pojo Veteran

Avenger of Mythos is on a distinguished road

Perhaps, if you're going to do an Evil Hero guide, you should post each Evil Hero card, and support for them, and look at each card individually, point out strengths and weaknesses, which sorts of decks they fit best, and rulings or combos people may not be aware of?

Since this seems more like a guide on how to build your preferred style of Evil Hero deck, and no more, it almost feels like it's more suited to one of the deck discussion forums, that's all. However, as a deck guide, it's very solid and I like it.
Avenger of Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #5
The_Supreme_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger of Mythos View Post
Perhaps, if you're going to do an Evil Hero guide, you should post each Evil Hero card, and support for them, and look at each card individually, point out strengths and weaknesses, which sorts of decks they fit best, and rulings or combos people may not be aware of?

Since this seems more like a guide on how to build your preferred style of Evil Hero deck, and no more, it almost feels like it's more suited to one of the deck discussion forums, that's all. However, as a deck guide, it's very solid and I like it.
I'll add some combos and such.

Thanks for your advice.

Anyone else?
Old 03-30-2008, 06:47 AM   #6
Felgrand-Inferno

Felgrand-Inferno is on a distinguished road

In my Evil Hero Deck i had Elemental Hero Fusions as well but now i only have 1 left can i use Future Fusion on the ones i don't have. This would mean i could send Burstinatrix and Clayman to the grave and then use Dark Calling to get infernal Sniper but then Future Fusion would be randomly on the field doing nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformers111 View Post
Incoherent ranting and babbling is not an opinion.
Proud member of Team Rainbow
Felgrand-Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Dark World Overlord
Banned User

Dark World Overlord is on a distinguished road

I want to make an Evil Hero deck really badly, but there is no way that I can get the cards for it.
Dark World Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #8
WhiteLady
Generic

WhiteLady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark World Overlord View Post
I want to make an Evil Hero deck really badly, but there is no way that I can get the cards for it.
Hey DWO, how are ya?
But why can't you get the cards? The store closest to me ALWAYS has Evil Hero stuff for cheap, so I don't see how you couldn't afford it...

Lol Vanilla
WhiteLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
GrandMasterFox
Pojo Veteran

GrandMasterFox is on a distinguished road

Adding E-Hero Fusions is a very good idea. Not only does it give you the access to future fusion, but it will also give you more options if you need sometimes.

The evil Thunder Giant and Flamewingman are far supperiror to their normal forms, but Wild Wingman has some advantages of its evil counterpart so you might want to try them out.

Also, Poly is searchable while Dark Calling \ Dark Fusion isn't. You may want to start with an E-Hero summon and then later game use Dark Calling.
GrandMasterFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
WhiteLady
Generic

WhiteLady will become famous soon enough

It IS possible to combine E and Evil Heroes...but the question is, how many people are willing to do it? I'm going to write a guide on this (and Prisma abuse) and post it later. Come take a look once it's up.

Lol Vanilla
WhiteLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
shadow_of_chaos
N Darknes Lyes Chaos

shadow_of_chaos is on a distinguished road

thanks for the advice ill take this into consideration when fixing my evil hero deck
shadow_of_chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Hero User-E-D-Ev
Learning the Ropes

Hero User-E-D-Ev is on a distinguished road
Default My Evil Hero Deck definatly needs work too. Help D:

Heres my deck so far.
1- Evil Hero Wild Cyclone
1- [ygocard]Evil Hero Inferno Wing
2- Evil Hero Infernal Sniper
1- Evil Hero Malicious Fiend
2- Evil Hero Lightning Golem
3- Evil Hero Dark Gaia
----
Monsters
3- Evil Hero Malicious Edge
3- Evil Hero Infernal Gainer
2- E Hero Wile Heart
2- E Hero Clayman
2- Big Piece Golem
2- Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy
2 -E HeroBurstinatrix
2- E Hero Avian
3- The Earth Hex-sealed Fusion
1- Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1- Morphing Jar
1- E Hero Stratos
1- Rockstone Warrior
1- E Hero Sparkman
1- Neo Spacian Grand Mole
---
Spells
1- De Fusion
1- D.D.R. Different Dimension Reincarnation
1- Magical Stone Excavation
2- Reinforcment of the Army
1- Hand Destruction
3- Dark Fusion
1- Twister
2- E- Emergency Call
1- Monster Reincarnation
1- Card Destruction
2- Dark Calling
1- Shrink
1- Heavy Storm
1- Sky Scraper
1- MST
---
Traps
1- Return from the Different Dimension
1- No Entry!!
1- Trap Stun
1- Hero Signal
1- Magic Jammer
1- Dimensional Prison
1- Bottomless Traphole
1- Reckless Greed
1- Dust Tornado
1- Hero's Rule 2
1- All Out Attacks
1- Battle Mania
1- Ojama Trio
1- Mirror Wall
---
I know I have too many cards. I just need some help with it. I'm thinking of adding
1- Mirror Force
+1- Dark Calling
1- Swords of R L
1- Wall of R L
1- Vicious Claw
1- Future Fusion
1- Megamorph
1- Gold Sarcophagus
1- Hidden Armory
1- Darkness Neosphere
1- Elite Goblin Attack Force
---
Well? Any constructive Critisism? Nothing mean please.
Hero User-E-D-Ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
ShinySharks
/pojo

ShinySharks is on a distinguished road

wow necrobump xD

Run a 40 card deck.

Stratos, Prisma, any E-Hero fusion material. 3 Dark Calling, etc etc. try to cut it down to 40.
ShinySharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
Volkamar
Embrace the Mayhem

Volkamar is on a distinguished road

Here's a Deck I came up with just a few minutes ago.

[2] Granmarg the Rock Monarch (Could also use Malicious Edge if you feel there's too many Earth types)
[2] Caius the Shadow Monarch
[1] Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
[3] Koa'ki Meiru Guardian
[3] Koa'ki Meiru Wall
[1] Koa'ki Meiru Sandman (Since Traps aren't overly a problem)
[1] Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
[1] Morphing Jar
[3] Mystic Tomato (Maybe? Not sure on this one. Maybe a Hex Sealed Fusion instead?)
[3] Newdoria
[1] Evil Hero Infernal Gainer

[3] Dark Calling
[2] Dark Fusion
[2] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Allure of Darkness
[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Giant Trunade
[1] Book of Moon
[1] Dark Hole

[2] Bottomless Trap Hole
[2] Solemn Warning
[1] Return from the Different Dimension
[1] Torrential Tribute
[1] Solemn Judgment
[1] Mirror Force

Something along these lines I think could be rather interesting. The idea is incredibly rough since I just thought "What if something like this could prove effective". So take this suggestion with as much salt (or other prefered seasoning) as you like.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Hero User-E-D-Ev
Learning the Ropes

anyone suggest specific cards to take out of my deck and ones to add?plz?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
ShinySharks
/pojo

ShinySharks is on a distinguished road

What's your budget? (max ur willing to spend on cardboard)
ShinySharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #17
Hero User-E-D-Ev
Learning the Ropes

I can do 100 bucks this week. more if needed. I'm entering tournaments soon.

Additional Comment:

actually no one sees that with ' All-Out Attacks ' or 'Battle Mania' Malicious Fiend will become bery effective.

Last edited by Hero User-E-D-Ev : 03-07-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #18
Ssj4NyanNyan
Banned User

Ssj4NyanNyan is on a distinguished road

Wow i was about to make this thread.. Damnit.

Additional Comment:

Does anyone mind if i redo the guide, add some pics, fit the banlist, give different varients, exd?

Last edited by Ssj4NyanNyan : 03-07-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Ssj4NyanNyan is offline   Reply With Quote