Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
WhiteMagic

WhiteMagic is on a distinguished road
Default Building a Competitive Toon Deck?

I need some help in constructing a competitive (Yes, Competitive) Toon Deck. First off, what do you think are some of the best Toon monsters to put In a competitive Toon Deck, and what are the worst? Also, which kind of Counter Trap cards (or Normal Spell & Trap Cards) do you think would work best in not only defending Toon World, but also the Toons? Finally, what are some of the best overall Monster, Spell, and Trap cards to put in a Toon Deck, and what is the perfect Deck size for one? I've been trying my best for the longest time to build a good Toon Deck (my Deck is good, but not quite competitive yet), and would love to finally succeed in doing so.

Thank you for any, and all help.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
EnvoyoftheChicken

EnvoyoftheChicken is on a distinguished road

Hmmm...Competitive toon decks...
To start, i think 3 Toon Dark Magician Girls, 3 Toon Gemini Elf, and 2-3 toon Goblin Attack Force are your main Toons. Anything after that is personal preference.

spells obviously include 3 Toon Table of contents, and 2 Toon World. A fun card to put into a Toon deck (but idk if it makes it competitive) is Sebek's Blessing. The protection cards that you might be looking for are Dark Bribe and company. They provide your Toons and Toon World with protection, and can deside the game.

I havent really used a Toon deck much, but thats what I think!

Quote:
Peter:
If Manticore of Darkness isn't a Dark monster, thats the gayest s*** ever.
Gastro-Explosion!!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Tabris
Anti-Turtle Expert

Tabris is on a distinguished road

Well, since I seem to encounter Toons all the time, I suggest maxing on Toon Gemini Elf and Toon Goblin Attack Force, and having one copy each of Toon Masked Sorcerer and Toon Cannon Soldier.

Envoy's suggested Toon Dark Magician Girl here, but you do need to provide fodder for it to be Special Summoned - so don't run her, as you have a 2300 attacker, and a 1900 attacker that nets you a card from your opponent's hand.

I also suggest protecting the Toons more than Toon World itself - true, the Toons are destroyed when Toon World is, but the risk is minimal in today's metagame. So put 3 copies of Soul Taker and Shrink, and (obviously) Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute. We have to have some protection on Toon World, though, so run 2-3 copies of Dark Bribe.

I don't know, but, to counter Twilight Circle, and possibly Dimensional Fissure, main in 3 copies of Ojama Trio. Remember to be wary about Destiny Hero - Plasma - it can be summoned with the Tokens on the field, using them as fodder, so reserve your Soul Taker or Shrink for him.

That's all.

1% of Pojoites visiting the B/R forums have the turtle avi. If you are one of the 99% who aren't so ridiculous as to be dictated by a bird who pretends to be a semiaquatic reptile, put this on your sig.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
j0zz

j0zz is on a distinguished road

Hey, I suggest running Toon Cannon Soldier being as you don't need Toon World out to summon and he can attack directly. Then you can launch Scapegoats with him. I'd say running some giant trunades seeing as your not destroying Toon World so your monsters don't die either. Run Dark Magician girl too because you can special summon her.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #5
jaysKnight
ライトロード

jaysKnight is on a distinguished road

Try Vengeful Bog Spirit, I used to play this card all the time with my toons, Since I can't attack when I summon then so they can't either. But this card is only used if its a pure toon deck.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
jade'sdarkmagician

jade'sdarkmagician is on a distinguished road

toon dmg is a toon staple. not only is she a good beatstick, but she can be special summoned, and can attack on the turn she is summoned.

premie burial, coth, magic cylinder, snipe hunter, and morphing jar have worked very well in my toon deck.

most important for this deck would be solemn judgements and dark bribes.

and oh yea, marhsmallon wouldnt hurt.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #7
Tabris
Anti-Turtle Expert

Default I do need to remind you that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade'sdarkmagician View Post
toon dmg is a toon staple. not only is she a good beatstick, but she can be special summoned, and can attack on the turn she is summoned.

premie burial, coth, magic cylinder, snipe hunter, and morphing jar have worked very well in my toon deck.

most important for this deck would be solemn judgements and dark bribes.

and oh yea, marhsmallon wouldnt hurt.
Toon Dark Magician Girl is NOT a Toon staple. Yes, it can attack on the turn she is summoned and you do not need to pay for her to attack, but this is more than balanced by the fact that you cannot Normal Summon or Set it, and that to Special Summon her, you have to provide tribute for it.

And, jade, Solemn Judgment would seriously weaken a build that's paying just for its Toons to attack.

1% of Pojoites visiting the B/R forums have the turtle avi. If you are one of the 99% who aren't so ridiculous as to be dictated by a bird who pretends to be a semiaquatic reptile, put this on your sig.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
helghast101
I'm gonna grape ya

helghast101 is on a distinguished road

Monsters: 18
3x Toon Goblin Attack Force
3x Toon Gemini Elf
3x Toon Cannon Soldier
2x Toon Masked Sorcerer
2x Toon Summoned Skull
1x Breaker
1x Sangan
1x Magician of Faith
1x Marshmellon/reaper???
1x Morphing Jar

Spells: 15
3x Toon World
3x Toon Table of Contents
1x Brain Control
1x MsT
2x Pot of Avarice
2x Spell Absorption
3x Ground Collapse

Traps: 7
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Magic Cylinder
3x Ojama Trio
2x Solemn Wishes

there updated for advanced rules....

Additional Comment:

no one likey.... ???? :(

Last edited by helghast101 : 12-08-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #9
Tabris
Anti-Turtle Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast101 View Post
Monsters: 18
3x Toon Goblin Attack Force
3x Toon Gemini Elf
3x Toon Cannon Soldier
2x Toon Masked Sorcerer
2x Toon Summoned Skull
1x Breaker
1x Sangan
1x Magician of Faith
1x Marshmellon/reaper???
1x Morphing Jar

Spells: 15
3x Toon World
3x Toon Table of Contents
1x Brain Control
1x MsT
2x Pot of Avarice
2x Spell Absorption
3x Ground Collapse

Traps: 7
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Magic Cylinder
3x Ojama Trio
2x Solemn Wishes

there updated for advanced rules....
It's not a bad build - however, some cards have to be substituted for other, more synergistic, cards.

You already have Ojama Trio on the field - why put Ground Collapse? Switch those for cards that readily protect your Toons from destruction (Soul Taker or Shrink would be a good start).

As you can readily see, Toon Masked Sorcerer and Toon Cannon Soldier are both DARK monsters, and recruitable by Mystic Tomato, so put 3 of the Plants, as well as 2 copies of Newdoria, in exchange of 2 Toon Summoned Skull, a Toon Masked Sorcerer (even Shrink won't protect you from Cyber Dragon), and a Brain Control (since you'll either be locking the opponent's Monster Zones with Ojama tokens, or destroying non-tokens with Soul Taker and Shrink).

As for the decision between Marshmallon and Spirit Reaper, choose Reaper, now that somebody else besides Sangan will be able to search for it.

About Spell Absorption and Solemn Wishes: I know that you'd be paying a hefty price with Toons on the field, but keeping those Toons on the field is an even greater priority, and keeping your Life Points at sky's limit would be pointless if the opponent has a field of behemoths staring at you, and you have none. Switch those for 3 copies of Shrink and a Smashing Ground.

Other changes: swap Magic Cylinder for Mirror Force, and a Toon World and 2 copies of Pot of Avarice for 3 Dark Bribe.

That's all.

R/F my decks on my sig!

Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 AM   #10
no_comment
no comment...

no_comment is on a distinguished road

Some of the toons monsters that you should max out (run 3 of) is Toon Gemini Elf, when it does damage to your opponent he/she have to discard a card. You also need to max out on Toon Table of Contest. Toon Goblin Attack Force as a beatstick (but I don´t know if you need 3 of them). Normally I don´t think that Cannon Soldier is a good monster, but Toon Cannon Soldier can deal 2000 damage just be attacking directly and by tributing a monster. Toon Masked Sorcerer is a Nice monster to.

Would you please help me with a Hand Control Gadget deck? The link is in my sig.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:23 AM   #11
CraigoryHisPro
Master of All

CraigoryHisPro is on a distinguished road

need to run scapegoats since they can be saced for higher level toons.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
Tabris
Anti-Turtle Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Duelist1 View Post
need to run scapegoats since they can be saced for higher level toons.
That would deviate from the necessity of having Toons on the field.