Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 10-19 Card of Safe Return

Card Name: Card of Safe Return
Card Number: LON-029

When a monster is Special Summoned to the field from your Graveyard, you can draw 1 card from your Deck.

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.50
Advanced: 3.80

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

An old card given life by Zombies. This card is one of the lynchpins of their strategy. This allows you to draw a ridiculous amount of cards, and that generally means that you can win the game easier and get to your power cards quicker. Aside from zombies, I believe that Dark World can use this card well, as they then replace the constant discarding they do with more cards.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-4/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Card of Safe Return

This is great card for quite a few decks right now. Also seeing multiple copies isn't that bad either as long as you got something to reborn. When you discard a Dark World monster that comes back, you get the monster, the effect that made you discard for the Dark World Monster, and the Card of Safe Return draw. You could keep it going if you get more discard stuff and really come out with an advantage against the opponent.

With Zombies you have Zombie Master, Il, Blud, Book of Life, and Vampire Lord. The have multiple targets, so they are able to get multiple cards to go offensive. It somewhat works with Destiny Heroes. If you'd like your Fear Monger destroyed bring back Disc Commander for 2 cards and another because of Card of Safe Return. It is being seen in play, but only with things that have a lot of special summons.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 3/5
Art: 2.5/5
Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

As far as decks go that can abuse the hell out of this card, the two that immediately come to mind are Dark World and Zombies, as they both Special Summon quickly, easily, and often. I think this might work though in a Big City Hero Deck, or even a Diamond Dude Turbo Deck, but maybe not? You can't splash this anywhere and hope for the best, but when it works, it works well.

Ratings:

Traditional: 2/5 Zombies and Dark World?

Advanced: 4/5 Here, you can definately use Zombies, Dark World, and about whatever else you need.

Art: 3/5

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #5
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

Well...for most people, this card was just sitting in their binders just collecting dust for several years now.....

But then Zombie Master was released. Play CoSR, summon Master, discard Turtle, Special Summon Turtle, draw a card. Rinse, repeat, rush for game. I suppose it could work in other decks too, namely Dark World, but this card coupled with Zombie Master/Book of Life gives Zombies new life!

Not much else to say about this card. Simply great in Zombies.

Traditional: 2/5
Advanced: 5/5 for Zombie decks
Art: 4/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 10-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Otaku
Pojo Veteran

Otaku will become famous soon enough

When this card came out, the strategy seemed kind of weak. I mean, you had a Continuous Spell that only worked when something was revived, so not only was it vulnerable to S/T removal, but the first Monster revived just helped you break even in cards. Now Zombies have even more easy methods to revive themselves, and while Dark World only has one specific revival card, that is a Quick-Play Spell for any Dark World Monster and four Dark World Monsters have built in revival effects. Oh, and unless I totally missed it being upped to restricted, there has long been Manticore of Darkness to abuse this card (usually for an Exodia win).

Ratings

Traditional -1/5

Advanced - 3/5

That's a "general" rating. In Traditional the few decks it fits into pale compared to the "classics", while in Advanced it is sick in two decks but varies from meh to pointless in others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Toast
You need to realize that there are NO women on the internet. It's a place where men are men, girls are men, and children are the F.B.I.

Last edited by Otaku : 10-19-2007 at 07:05 AM.