Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 10-17 Destiny Hero Plasma - CT04-EN003

Card Name: Destiny Hero Plasma
Card Number: CT04-EN003

Destiny Hero - Plasma
Level 8
Dark
[Warrior/Effect]
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 3 monsters you control. Once per turn, select you opponent's monster and equip it to this card (you can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card). This card gains to half of the ATK of the equipped monster. While this card is face-up on the field, negate all the effect of face-up effect monster your opponent controls.
1900/600

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.20
Advanced: 3.60

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

This guy gives Japanese Destiny Hero decks the oomph needed to take on other top tier decks. 1900 ATK is a little small for 3 tributes, but it won't be staying that low for long. He can "suck up" a monster on your opponent's side fo the field and gain half of it's ATK points. But that isn't what is amazing. He negates ALL your opponent's monster effects. Comboed with Cold Wave, The Wicked Avatar and Royal Decree, your opponent will lose the game unless they have a TON of lifepoints. AN excellent card so get a copy while you still can!

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-5/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Destiny Hero - Plasma

To summon him you need three tribute and it doesn't matter what tributes they are as this counts as a Special Summon. Scapegoats and Stray Lambs would be able work with Plasma. Once it hits the field it can take a monster and add half its attack to its own. Take a Monarch and Plasma becomes 3100 ATK or take a Mystic Tomato it'll become 2600 ATK. Either if your taking either of those monsters you'll pretty much have the strongest monster at the time. The last effect is where he'll negate every face up effect monster the opponent controls. It will be able to stop Monarchs, Jinzos, and flip effect monsters too. So when you have your monsters working you can dominate the field with other support like Royal Decree and maybe a Spell Canceller.

It is worth playing if you have one, but I don't think it is tournament playable yet.

Tradtional: 1/5
Advanced: 3.5/5
Art: 4.5/5
Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Destiny Hero Plasma = Greatest name ever...plasma...anyway, 1900 attack is a little low considering you need to invest THREE tributes for this guy. He can, however, absorb half the attack of an opponent's monster. While an attack boosting effect as such isn't very extraordinary, he negates all monster effects while on the Field, and that's what makes this guy amazing.

Ratings:

2/5 Traditional Three tributes = no success

5/5 D-Hero/Diamond Dude Turbo

4.5/5 Art

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 10-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm.....

3 tributes = bad

1900 attack for 3 tributes = bad (less than Cyber Dragon)

special summon = good (scapegoats = tribute fodder)

1/2 TER suck up = good

Negate all opponent's face up monster effects = great

If it weren't for that 3 tribute part, this card would be absolutely AMAZING!

Obviously, people are going to try to make lock decks out of this....

Royal Decree/Jinzo + Horus Lv8 + Plasma = gg

But, how many cards would this require? Royal Decree/Jinzo- 1 to 2 (depending on Special Summon or tribute) or a turn to flip Decree. Horus Lv8 - 1-3 (depending on tribute or special summon) + a destroyed monster or level up!. D-hero plasma - 4, or 2 if you by chance have 3 scapegoat tokens. So, that's anywhere from 4 to 19 cards, plus multiple turns to summon all the tribute fodder and set up.

There is obviously MAJOR holes in this strategy. One, obviously the amount of cards required to set up. Even 4 is too many, unless it gives you an immediate win. Second, the time it requires. While you are setting up, do not forget your opponent is there as well, building his/her field, he can just tear down what you build up. A huge majority of the time you will only have a partial lock up, and when it turns out you need Horus to stop that Lightning Vortex, you only have Jinzo and Plasma, or when you need to stop Mirror Force, you only have Horus and Plasma. This sort of deck requires the entire deck to revolve around it, and you are going to get dead cards in your hand SO often. And since nearly the entire deck has to make room for your combo, there is little room for other important cards that you would probably need to protect yourself til the lock is up. And because of that just one minor opening and the opponent will just tear your entire strategy apart. A good player will NOT let you continue building this extravagant and complicated lock once he realizes what you are doing.

Best case scenario: First turn, set Scapegoat. On opponent's turn block attack with goats. Next turn, tribute goats for Plasma. Play Reasoning, get ting Horus lv6. Play another reasoning, getting Jinzo. Play Level up, get Lv8.

Yea......good luck with that.

If you want to make a lock deck, make one that only attempts to truely locks down one (or MAYBE 2) of the three card types and then tech a few cards to partially handle the 2nd and 3rd.

Traditional: 1/5 (Not gonna work....)
Advanced: 2.5/5 (Possible, but going to take some major work)
Art: 3/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Destiny Hero - Plasma
Level 8
Dark
[Warrior/Effect]
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 3 monsters you control. Once per turn, select you opponent's monster and equip it to this card (you can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card). This card gains to half of the ATK of the equipped monster. While this card is face-up on the field, negate all the effect of face-up effect monster your opponent controls.
1900/600

When this card was announced as being in the first wave of tins, there was a lot of talk that it would be a great card for this game. Yet as of right now, no one is really utilizing this card at all.

This card has a really great effect, with the loss of Thousand-Eyes Restrict, this is almost as good as it, though nothing really compares with Thousand-Eyes Restrict in it's own respect. The ability to stop effects, makes this a monster version of Skill Drain. Though I really dislike this card because of the release of The Wicked Avatar. If The Wicked Avatar wasn't realeased, then I would still be a big fan of Plasma, but now I can't. Plasma without a doubt is a cool name and has a cool effect, but 3 tributes for a 1900 monster with a suck up effect just doesn't cut it for me. This card can't really be use efficiently, so I don't see it really being a major card anytime soon.

Traditional: 1/5 Sure it's dark, but we have TER and better cards.
Advanced: 1.5/5 It can be used here, but it's not something I would go crazy about.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16