Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 10-12 Strike Slash - TAEV–EN075

Card Name: Strike Slash
Car Number: TAEV–EN075

Strike Slash

Normal Trap

Activate only when a monster you control declares an attack. The selected monster gains 700 attack, and during battle between that attacking monster and a defense position monster whose defense is lower than the attack of this card, inflict the difference as damage to your opponent's Lifepoints.

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.25
Advanced: 1.50

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Strike Slash

When you attack you can add 700 ATK to one the attacking monster and give it trample. Right off the bat I think of two cards. Rush Recklessly and Big Bang Shot are those two cards that come two mind, but it is a trap which could be destroyed before a use. The only thing I could see this working with is Don Zaloog. Getting an extra card out of the hand for the price of Strike Slash.

Rush Recklessly gives a monster 700 ATK, but no trample. It is a quick-play spell so if Jinzo is standing tall on the field you could use Rush on a Cyber Dragon and beat it while this you cannot. Big Bang Shot equips to a monster, gives it 400 more attack, and gives a monster trample. For just 300 less ATK you can trample all the time with a Don Zaloog or get over pesky Cyber Dragons with D.D. Survivor.

Strike Slash isn't a good choice and we have better choices. This won't see any play except by a new player at a Hobby League.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1/5
Art: 1/5
Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

All right, this card has a fair amount of text...in short: You attack a monster with this, you gain 700 attack points. Rush Recklessly can also do that, but this adds trample if the monster is in defense mode. It's a 1 for 1 if you destroy that monster, and your opponent probably isn't going to counter this. It could be a neat tech, but you probably don't have the deck space.

Ratings:

2/5 all around, as sub-par tech

3/5 Art

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
KingOfKings
Pojo Veteran

KingOfKings is on a distinguished road

It's a trap card so it makes it less playable. Quickplays are so much better. You rather player Shrinks to decrease your opponents monster. Or you can just use Rush Recklessly. The only good thing about this, is that you can go aggro with this on a face down monster. It can make don zaloog go after an opponent than rather waiting to shrink there monster or rush your own monster. I mean this is a decent card for tomato control. I would maybe try to test one in there and see how it does. It's more of an aggro card than a setting up kind of card. The problem with this being a trap is that you can't activate it in the damage step. Therefore you have to play it even though your opponent may have a saku/any other trap down. It's an ok card, but not as usefull as shrink and rush.

1/5-Traditional
1.5/5-Advanced

THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING! RUUUUUUUN!!

-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGloom, Yugioh and The Law
Edit: except for Tony Mera, who is apparently a qualified paralegal and ****. What the hell, Tony? Do I even want to know why you know this much about your state's theft laws. o_O
Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

This is a pretty good card. 700 ATK is not a lot, but you can definitely use this to your advantage. Piercing is a great mechanic, especially if your opponent is just playing defensively. Sadly the effect only lasts for one turn during YOUR battle phase, thus it is almost worthless now. I hate it when I give good cards bad reviews, but Big Bang Shot is so much better.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-1/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.