Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 10-5 Desert Twister - TAEV-EN034

Card Name: Desert Twister
Car Number: TAEV-EN034

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 1.25

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Honestly, without even dismissing this card as crap, which it isn't, the truth is, this card deserves 1/5 all around for the Format being bad, not for this card not being good.

Confusing as that sounds, allow me to explain. A 2300 attack (2000 defense) Special Summon that allows the destruction of a Magic or Trap card once per turn is good, even if it requires 3 specific type of monsters to be removed in order to accomplish this (monsters being 1 Earth and 2 Wind monsters). The discard required adds a delicate balance to a powerful card.

However, there are problems. The first being 2300 attack, which makes this outclassed by Jinzo, Sacred Phoenix, the Monarchs, etc...Although it's cool to see an effect able to be used more than once as opposed to only upon summoning, this card isn't bad.

In response to my opening statement, good card, bad format.

Ratings:

1/5 all
(3/5 if Monarchs weren't all about this format)

Art: 4/5

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 09-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

Okay...this card isn't bad in and of itself, but thanks to effects we already have, this card looks horrible by comparison.

*3 specific typed monsters have to be removed from the Graveyard to summon this. Thanks to Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End and Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, we as Duelists expect to never have to remove more than TWO monsters from the Graveyard to Special Summon a monster. Even Chaos Sorcerer, while significantly weaker, still only required two monsters.

*2300 ATK. Thanks to Monarchs, we expect any monster that's more than a Normal Summon to have 2,400 ATK, barring a slight few exceptions.

*It's a COSTED removal card. Thanks to Chaos Sorcerer, the Envoys, and Monarchs, we expect removal cards to be free, especially once-per-turn removals. Which brings us to the last point of this card's suckitude...

*Once-per-turn. If it were like Snipe Hunter, where you could use it as many times as you want, but get GUARANTEED removal of Spell and Trap cards instead of one a turn, this might actually have a reason to see play. Bring out Desert Twister, get matched up against a Burn duelist, wipe out their whole field (barring Skill Drain.)

This card might have seen play a long time ago, or if it were worded slightly differently. But it isn't the past, and the effect text is stuck the way it is, therefore the card blows.

Konami's too scared of creating the next Chaos to give us anything decent that's remotely similar to it...(oh, but they're not too scared to give Burn decks Dark Bribe...)

1/5, and my condolences to anyone who has been unlucky enough to pull one out of their TAEV boosters instead of the much more useful Crystal Seer.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

Well, he is an ok card at best. 2300 ATK is alright, but 3 type specific monsters to summon him ais a bit much. If it was 2, he would have my attention, but as it is Gigantes is a far better choice in an rfg deck. His effect even pales compared to Gigantes, with the big G nukeing all spell and traps and the Twister requiring a discard to only destroy one.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-1/5 (someone will see potential here, so don't burn your copies yet)

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Desert Twister

This card isn't bad at all, but its the format it is in which makes it not good. I have seen tis card played in a good deck that has used Gadgets, Flying Kamas #1, and Sasuke Samurai #4, it actually beat me in match once. It discarded a gadget and destroyed a Mirror Force of mine. The format is still early to see what can it really do, but I think eventually it can work for a little while. It just depends on what other cards are released in new sets.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 2/5
Art: 4.5/5