Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 10-3 Ocean's Keeper - TAEV-081

Card Name: Ocean's Keeper
Car Number: TAEV-EN081

Ocean's Keeper
WATER/Fish - Effect/3/1500/1200
During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed by battle, add 1 "Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish" or 1 "Cranium Fish" from your Deck to your hand.

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.75
Advanced: 2.20

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Ocean's Keeper is a 1500 attack monster requiring no tribute and has trample...not very spectacular, but not terrible either. When destroyed, you can Special Summon one of two monsters. The first being Thousand Eye Jellifish.

Thousand Eye Jellifish
Level 5
Fish-Water
300 atk 2100 def

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by tributing one "Ocean's Keeper." Your opponent must play with their hand revealed.

Or you can Special Summon a Cranium Fish, and I note that both of these are Secret Rare cards from TAEV.

Cranium Fish
Level 6
Fish-Water
2400 atk 1000 def

You can Special Summon this card by tributing one "Ocean's Keeper." You can discard 1 Water monster from your Hand to destroy 1 face down card.

I personally prefer Cranium Fish as opposed to Thousand Eye Jellifish. Cranium Fish is pretty solid, where as you can have a 1 for 1 every turn, potentially.

Ocean's Keeper is pretty average, but has potential to Special Summon a decent monster and a good monster, which makes him better.

Ratings:

Traditional Ocean's Keeper: 2/5
Traditional Thousand Eye Jellifish: 1/5
Traditional Cranium Fish: 3/5

Advanced Ocean's Keeper: 3.25/5
Advanced Thousand Eye Jellifish: 2.25/5
Advanced Cranium FIsh: 4.25/5

Art: 3.5/5, 2.5/5, 4.5/5 respectively, in order of ratings

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

To be fair, this card isn't horrible, but I don't see it being worth playing.

It's a 1500 ATK Water monster, which is nice because you've got the whole Grizzly search going there. Trample isn't worth all that much; there are weak effect monsters still being played (Crystal Seer, Treeborn Frog) but thanks to Hydrogeddon, more people are also sticking with Gravekeeper's Spy as a searcher. Otherwise, you're not doing a whole lot of extra Trample damage to make that a worthy quality of this card.

As for the cards it interacts with...Cranium Fish isn't bad, but it's still costed removal that can be screwed over if the card is chained...I can think of a much better tribute monster that has 2,400 ATK and 1,000 that can destroy a card without a cost. Actually, I can think of 4 or 5 of them. (For those who may not have been reading these that long, I'm referring to Monarchs.)

Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish...not worth that much trouble to get your opponent's hand face-up. Besides, I'd rather search that out with Grizzly and then shift it to DEF on my turn anyway if I were playing for that.

1.5/5 Advanced
1/5 Traditional
Old 10-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Ocean's Keeper

TAEV released some Fish support which has one of the lowest amount of monsters in that family. He can trample through any monster with his 1500 ATK, so Scapegoat tokens have to watch out and reaper will also be hit a little bit. Add it with A Legendary Ocean and it becomes a 1700 trampler and will help other monster get their effects with the field spell effective.

When he is destroyed by Battle he can either get a Thousand Eyes Jellyfish or a Cranium Fish. In this case you could either get a "Mind on Air" effect or a "discarding water type monster Granmarg effect". In most cases I would pick Cranium Fish to destroy opponent's face down monsters than to look at an opponent's hand.

It isn't a bad start, but Fish need more support to make it better, but for right now it isn't so great.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1/5
Art: 2/5
Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

This sia solid addition to the WATER style deck. It is searchable with Mother Grizzly and has a solid 1500 ATK. Piercing is an amazing mechanic, and is relatively underused. Then when he is destroyedin battle you get either a Thousand Eyes Jellyfish or a Cranium Fish. As Cranium Fish is a solid card that has a continuous discard and get Granmarg's effect, this boosts his playability somewhat. Note that the Cranium Fish is a Secret Rare from the set.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-3/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
KingOfKings
Pojo Veteran

KingOfKings is on a distinguished road

It has trample which isn't a bad effect. It can also get another monster when it dies. Most likely it will never be a -1 unless you run out of cards to get with his effect. It can even server as a plus one or greater. It can even press damage, but it's most likely gone to be destroyed with cyber's and etc.
Mother grizzly's can search it out and it can be used and reused with pot of avarise and salvage even though you may have trouble having monsters in the graveyard for avaraise. The deck should be able to thin fast and get a lot of monsters in the graveyard and you should be able to generare a lot of advantage which isn't bad. Fish need more support.

1/5-traditional
1.5/5-Advanced

THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING! RUUUUUUUN!!

-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGloom, Yugioh and The Law
Edit: except for Tony Mera, who is apparently a qualified paralegal and ****. What the hell, Tony? Do I even want to know why you know this much about your state's theft laws. o_O