Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 10-1 Cnthonian Emperor Dragon - TAEV-EN019

Card Name: Cnthonian Emperor Dragon
Car Number: TAEV-EN019

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 1.25

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

As good as a card whose name contains the words "Emperor Dragon," should be, this card is not anywhere near as good as its banned counterpart. Chitonian Emperor Dragon, who should NOT be referred to as CED, is a Level 6 Gemini monster with 2400 attack and 1500 defense, who is also of the Fire attribute.

Folks, I don't believe a tribute and a second summon is worth while for this monster to be able to attack twice in the same turn. Stick with Asura Priest or something if you need a monster to attack more than once.

Ratings:

Traditional: 1/5 No need for Chitonian Emperor Dragon where there IS CED.

Advanced: 1/5 Still not really necessary, in my opinion, just for a second attack.

Art: 3.5/5

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

I definitely think that this is not a Gemini worth playing.

If Monarchs have taught us anything, it's that tributing for a 6-star 2400 ATK monster should create an IMMEDIATE source of advantage, or grant one hell of an effect.

An extra summon is not worth a double attacker, plain and simple.

I guarantee tomorrow's card will be worth looking at.

1/5 all formats.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

Despite the abbreviation of this card's name, it is not a card I would consider for any deck, not even Gemini.

Having to summon this monster twice JUST to attack twice is not worth it. And it only has 2400 attack, meaning that it can only kamakaze with a Monarch, considering it was removed from the field by the Monarch's effect in the first place.

Stick with Asura Priest and Hydrogeddon for multiple attacks/monsters, or different Gemini monsters for a Gemini deck.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1.5/5
Art: 4.5/5 Pretty sweet art though.....

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Chitonian Emperor Dragon

Chitonian Emperor Dragon is a 2400 ATK Gemini monster that can attack twice when he has been tributed and resummoned. So first you tribute the monster and summon Chthonian and he is just a normal monster. Your opponent plays Bottomless and hes gone and they have just gotten a 2 for 1. If not bottomless then many other answer can come up Smash, Hammershot, Brain Control, and sometimes Fissure. If he can live long enough for the Gemini Summon he gets to attack twice.

When you can attack twice there are multiple different outcomes possible. An example is maybe a Sakuretsu Armor to destroy him. Maybe a Magic Cylinder to hit yourself for 2400 then maybe after that a Dimension Wall for another 2400 points of damage. You could destroy 2 Apprentice Magician in battle so your opponent can search Old Vindictive to flip him and tribute him off for a monarch.

He is fire which the Fire Art could do 2400 points of damage, but Thestalos can already do much more without having to wait. 1500 DEF can stand up to searchers, but not to Hydrogeddons. In causual duels this could work where your opponent is also using a Tier 2 or 3 deck.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1.5/5
Art: 4/5