Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 9-27 - Seismic Crasher - FOTB–EN027

Card Name: Seismic Crasher
Car Number: FOTB–EN027

FOTB-EN027
Seismic Crasher
Card-Type: Effect Monster
Attribute: Earth | Level: 3
Type: Rock
ATK: 1400 | DEF: 300
Description: Twice per turn, you can send 1 face-up Continuous Spell or Continuous Trap you control to the Graveyard to inflict 500 damage to your opponent.
Rarity: Common

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 1.50

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 AM   #2
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Seismic Crasher
Earth-Rock
Level 3
1400 atk 300 def

All right, let's take a look here. 1400 attack equals bad...300 defense equals absolutley terrible. Twice per turn, you can send a face-up Continous Magic or Continuous Trap (or two of each) to your Graveyard and inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent. In short, it's just not enough damage and this cards stats aren't good enough to warrant playing this card. Besides, destroying your cards like that isn't the best way to inflict a little damage to your opponent. Odds are, your Continuous Magic and Trap cards will be destroyed by your opponent before you get a chance to use this effect. This monster with such low attack and defense may not even be able to get off the effect before being destroyed.

Ratings:

1/5

Art: 2/5

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Otaku
Pojo Veteran

Otaku will become famous soon enough

Wow, even I am hard pressed to defend this one. Damage control for crazy Continious Spell and/or Trap based decks (like Uria) for when you go brain dead and fill your S/T Zone with things that aren't really needed? The stats are too low to keep itself alive without protection, and since the effect is Spell Speed one you can't use it in response to S/T removal. I don't see any "when destroyed effects" on the cards it can target either.

I am going to feel so stupid if someone else finds a use for this, but right now even I think its a waste of space.

Rating: 1/5 for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Toast
You need to realize that there are NO women on the internet. It's a place where men are men, girls are men, and children are the F.B.I.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Seismic Crasher

This is a Cannon Soldier, but it only works with Continuous Spells or Traps. This won't last two long because if you have mainly Continuous Cards you can't defend yourself from many attacks unless those cards are Gravity Bind or Level Limit Area - B. Cannon Soldier is the better option in many ways. It can be searched out by Mystic Tomato, it can be Limiter Removaled, Chimeratech Overdragon food, and it can do monsters instead of Spells and Traps. We have tokens that we can tribute for 500 each, which are easier to summon and plus you can use Cannon Soldier's effect as many times as you like. I can't see this card being played other than just opening a pack and playing with the cards inside.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1/5
Art: 1.5/5
Old 09-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

This is a very so-so card. It is not very likely that people will use this card, but it could be used as a finisher for a burn deck. A stall burn deck uses a lot of Continuous Spell and Trap cards to deal damage and stall. This could be good as people look for newer and faster ways to deal damage. Launching off useless spell or trap cards could mean the difference between victory and defeat. Certainly it could be worth a look for some burn decks.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-2/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
KingOfKings
Pojo Veteran

KingOfKings is on a distinguished road

FOTB-EN027
Seismic Crasher
Card-Type: Effect Monster
Attribute: Earth | Level: 3
Type: Rock
ATK: 1400 | DEF: 300
Description: Twice per turn, you can send 1 face-up Continuous Spell or Continuous Trap you control to the Graveyard to inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

It's attack isn't good enough, and its defense is really low. Giving your self -1's isn't the best idea. If it was more like 1000, it would be considered more playable in some type of burn deck. It could of even had some use in Crystal Beasts. Because you would burn off 2 for 2000 and then attack for 1400, and then use the magic to bring back 2 crystal beasts and you lanch for another 2000. But, 500 is just too low. You can try it with 500 with crystal beasts, but having them in your m/t zone is much more useful. Like I said before if it was 1000, we would of seen some people having tried crystal beast burn. This card is just not worth playing anywhere and I don't see any use for him.

THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING! RUUUUUUUN!!

-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGloom, Yugioh and The Law
Edit: except for Tony Mera, who is apparently a qualified paralegal and ****. What the hell, Tony? Do I even want to know why you know this much about your state's theft laws. o_O
Old 09-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

Okay.....two turns per turn, you can send a continuous spell or trap you control to the graveyard to inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent....

So, you can tribute a Gravity Bind that was protecting this card to do 500! That would be a spendid idea!!!! OR a Wave Motion Cannon that would've done more damage on its own! The stats of this guy are weak as well! I can't see it working anywhere! I suppose you could use it to get rid of your stranded Call of the Haunted so that you can revive Treeborn, but that's obviously way to situational.

The absolute best I can see in this card is in a Crystal Beast deck...Tribute off your Crystal Beasts to set up for Rainbow Dragon or for Crystal Blessing into Abundance....I don't know....

In short, unless we have a continuous spell or trap that returns itself to the hand when sent to the graveyard, DON'T play this card.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1.5/5
Art: 2/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff