Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 9-26 - Dweller in the Depths - FOTB–EN028

Card Name: Dweller in the Depths
Card Number: FOTB–EN028

FOTB-EN028
Dweller in the Depths
Card-Type: Effect Monster
Attribute: Earth | Level: 3
Type: Dragon
ATK: 1500 | DEF: 700
Description: This card gains 300 ATK for every Continuous Spell Card you control.
Rarity: Common

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 2.00

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
KingOfKings
Pojo Veteran

KingOfKings is on a distinguished road

FOTB-EN028
Dweller in the Depths
Card-Type: Effect Monster
Attribute: Earth | Level: 3
Type: Dragon
ATK: 1500 | DEF: 700
Description: This card gains 300 ATK for every Continuous Spell Card you control.
Rarity: Common

If Level Limit Area B was still at 3, then this card could of been ok. You don't see alot of decks having a lot of continuous cards. I would never base a deck around one card that may not be game breaking. So it isn't wroth making a deck around this. It could provide as an extra beat stick in crystal beasts. I'm not sure about the ruling with this but, if it works it wouldnt be too bad. It could even defend you from those cyber dragons or monarchs if you have 3crystal beats out in your s/t zone. 4 crystal beasts and it will run over any kind of monarch or monster in your way. This could be decent tech in crystal beasts.

2/5-Advanced

1/5-Traditional

THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING! RUUUUUUUN!!

-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGloom, Yugioh and The Law
Edit: except for Tony Mera, who is apparently a qualified paralegal and ****. What the hell, Tony? Do I even want to know why you know this much about your state's theft laws. o_O
Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

Well, this dragon might be searchable but I don't see much else going for it....

300 for each continuous spell on your side of the field. At most, it'll be a 3000 which is big, but then you have no room for other s/t's. Plus, a simply Sakuretsu or Smashing Ground and there it goes. I suppose you could try this in a Crystal Beasts deck, but then you are giving up a card space that could be used for a true CB card in order to speed up the OTK.

Not much really to say about this guy. Easy to get out, no form of protection, easy to kill, and if you do manage to get it a big attack bonus, then you are setting yourself up for a Heavy Storm.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1.5/5
Art: 2/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Dweller in the Depths
Earth-Dragon
Level 3
1500 atk 700 def

Well, our Dragon here gains 300 attack points for each Continuous Magic card you control. This is not a format for attack boosting cards, let alone cards that depend on you playing and maintaining continuous cards of any type on the Field. Anything that is continuous usually isn't worth playing, and is very easily destroyed, especially now.

Ratings:

Advanced: 1.5/5 Not completely useless, but not very good.

Art: 3/5

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
Otaku
Pojo Veteran

Otaku will become famous soon enough

Another creature to suffer from poor game management. I mean, at the top level, not a player's deck. As I keep saying, there is too much removal in the game. I was thrilled that the last Ban/Restricted List finally seemed to be thinking ahead of the curve: restrict some of the best Monster Kill Spells now that most people aren't obsessed with them. With any luck, next step will be to ban those or do the same with Traps.

There aren't a whole lot of Earth/Dragons I know of, so its nice that they get something here. The effect is actually a solid idea: this card is small enough to be searched out by Giant Rat and Masked Dragon, and a single Continuous Spell would make it a solid 1800 ATK beatstick. I don't think it was ever meant to get extremely large: yes you could have five Continuous Spells in your S/T Zones for a 3000 ATK beatstick, but even in my fantasy world that lacks sick removal, you're "asking for it": I didn't say to get rid of all removal, just the ones that are either overly effective, like Smashing Ground and Sakuretsu Armor. That goes for Spell Removal as well: I don't want to see Heavy Storm and Mobius the Frost Monarch stick around, but I have no problems with Stamping Destruction, Dark Magic Attack, or Twister. No, even in a deck built around this card in my fantasy dueling land, you'd only expect to get it to 2100 or so, which is great considering its small enough to slip underLevel Limit-Area B but could have the ATK needed to kill most foes after Stumbling forces anything Summoned into DEF position. Toss in a Gaia Power and even many popular Tribute Monsters of today would have a tough time. I know Gaia Power doesn't count for the effect, but it is still +500 from Gaia Power's own effect, after all.

All in all, a well thought out card that just waits for the game to become balanced. For now, it might be okay in Crystal Beast and certain bizarre Stall decks (namely those either running Giant Rat or lots of Continuous Spells).

Ratings

Advanced: 2/5

Now... how did it get here from the void of space, and do the Quintessons know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Toast
You need to realize that there are NO women on the internet. It's a place where men are men, girls are men, and children are the F.B.I.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Dweller in the Depths

The Dweller in the Depths isn't that bad of a card, but only if we had more good continuous Spells or Traps that were good. Its a level three monster so it can get under Level Limit Area - B while it is at 1800 ATK. This monster can get from 1800 ATK to 3000 ATK if it is facing the right type of deck. It is a Dragon so it can be food for the Cyberdark Monsters bringing them to 2300 if people can't find Hunter Dragons in their packs. Its Earth so it can be searched with giant rat, but with it being a dragon already it would go best into a Cyberdark Deck to be searched out with Masked Dragon. I have seen this card in a regional before, but it was the first round and the person ended up with a 4-4 record. Right now I think that there are better dragons out there like Twin-Headed Behemoth, but until awesome Continuous Spell cards come out don't expect this to be seeing top table play.

Advanced: 1.5/5
Art: 1/5
Old 09-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #7
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

This is very fun. A card that has decent potential in Crystal Beasts as well as a deck based on Hamon the Lord of Striking Thunder. It already has an ATK of 1500 which is great for a level 3 Dragon. Then there is the fact that it gains 300 ATK for each Continuous Spell on your side fo the field. Crystal Beasts will usually have about 3-4 Crystalized Beasts. That means that he will have a boost of 900 to 1200 ATK which puts him at least at 2400 and up to 3000 if you have a full back row. Definitely worth a look as Crystal Beasts need all the firepower they can get. Plus he is good for Cyberdark decks as he is another level 3 1500 ATK Dragon for those guys.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-3/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.