Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 9-24 - Wild Fire - FOTB-EN039

Card Name: Wild Fire
Card Number: FOTB-EN039

FOTB-EN039
Wild Fire
Card Type: Quick Play Spell
Effect: Pay 500 Life Points. Destroy a face-up "Blaze Accelerator" card you control and destroy all monsters on the field. Then, Special Summon 1 "Wild Fire Token" (Pyro-Type/FIRE/LEVEL 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) in Attack Position. Also, you cannot declare an attack this turn.
Rarity: Common

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 1.75

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Wild Fire

so you have to pay 500 Life Points and destroy one of your cards and have a token summoned up in the place of a magic card that is much better. Instead of having something to destroy one of your cards you could have an Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy one of their cards. Instead of a 1000 ATK and 1000 DEF token you could play a Solar Flare Dragon in that spot. I can't see this card being good unless if someone is trying to destroy a Blaze Accelerator other than that a Volcanic Deck will probably not see any play in the future.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1/5
Art: 1.5/5
Old 09-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
KingOfKings
Pojo Veteran

KingOfKings is on a distinguished road

FOTB-EN039
Wild Fire
Card Type: Quick Play Spell
Effect: Pay 500 Life Points. Destroy a face-up "Blaze Accelerator" card you control and destroy all monsters on the field. Then, Special Summon 1 "Wild Fire Token" (Pyro-Type/FIRE/LEVEL 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) in Attack Position. Also, you cannot declare an attack this turn.
Rarity: Common

A card you will only see in a Volcanic deck. It's basically like a dark hole expect you lose 500 and lose a blaze accelerator. You basically have to draw a blaze accelerator to even make this card functional. The token is just a defense after the field being cleared. I don't see thing going anywhere outside volanic decks, and it's still situational to get any kind of advantage from it. Its basically two cards to kill your opponents monsters and costing you 500 lp. Sure you get a token, but its gone to get run over quickly. Your better off running a lightning vortex. This card may never see play even in a volcanic deck.

1/5-Adanced
1/5-Traditional

THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING! RUUUUUUUN!!

-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGloom, Yugioh and The Law
Edit: except for Tony Mera, who is apparently a qualified paralegal and ****. What the hell, Tony? Do I even want to know why you know this much about your state's theft laws. o_O
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Wild Fire

A card that is a -2 just to activate, as you lose this card, the Blaze Accelerator card you control, plus you also have to pay 500 Lifepoints. Not so good folks. It does destroy all monsters on the Field, and it does give you a token in it's place. Wait, the token only has 1000 attack points and you have to summon it in attack position. Furthermore, you can't declare an attack in the turn you use this card.

Ratings:

1/5

Art: 1.5/5 Even the picture isn't cool.

Duel From Beyond--Chapter 6--New!

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=487213
Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
Otaku
Pojo Veteran

Otaku will become famous soon enough

Wildfire is an interesting Quick-Play Spell. I don't think we'll have to worry about this one making the Banned/Restricted List anytime soon: in order to use it, you have to send a Blaze Accelerator to the Graveyard and pay 500 Life Points. Bit of an overkill there, I think, but I can understand their (that is the designers') paranoia: so often a cost they thought was sufficient ends up being trivial, or worse, a blessing. So Wildfire nails the key cards of Blaze decks. Two card cost right off the bat is pretty big. The 500 LP is negligible. If you pay all this, you destroy all Monsters in play, then get a Wildfire Token. The Token can attack under all major stall cards. it is too small to be a serious threat to the opponent, but it would provide some protection and of course Tribute Fodder.

Wildfire is clearly meant to be a desperation move, but it does have potential: as a Quick-Play Spell, you can choose to either clear the opponent's Field (at least of Monsters), then sack it for any half-decent Tribute Monster you might be running. Of course, they added a clause that prevents you from attacking the turn you used it, but if you are sacking it for Volcanic Hammerer or Thestalos, you still benefit. More than likely, though, you'd Set it and wait for your opponent to try and nuke your Blaze Accelerator. Respond with this, and if you nail at least two opposing Monsters, you've broken even/come out a little ahead. Alternatively, if the opponent is going for a big attack and has already Summoned, this is really obnoxious. Sure, you've set yourself back, but you'll have Tribute Fodder for the next turn against... their clear field. And this time, you can choose to attack.

Ratings

Traditional: 1/5

Advanced: 3/5

I think this card has a place, even if its only as a Desperation Move, in Blaze decks. Granted, I have no idea if Blaze decks are even remotely competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Toast
You need to realize that there are NO women on the internet. It's a place where men are men, girls are men, and children are the F.B.I.