Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 9-10 - Destiny Hero-Disk Commander

Card Name: Destiny Hero-Disk Commander
Car Number: WC07–EN003

Destiny Hero-Disk Commander

Dark-Warrior
Level 1
300 atk 300 def

When this card is Special Summoned, Draw 2 cards.

Card Ratings
Traditional: 2.20
Advanced: 3.85

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Destiny Hero-Disk Commander is one of those cards that you look at and think, wow, I can tech that, even if I don't want to play Destiny Heroes, and you were right, along with a bunch of other people, hence this card being restricted. It's stats aren't good, but they aren't relevant. This is a monster that you Special Summon and Draw 2 cards...

Ratings:

Traditional: 2/5 Draw power isn't needed, but it IS a Dark/Warrior

Advanced: 3.85/5 Solid Tech

Art: 3/5
Old 09-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
Tebezu

Tebezu is on a distinguished road

I ran two in my PCM deck. But I also ran 4 monarchs in my PCM

I really like this card. The picture alone brings me joy. The fact my opponent can attack into a Fear Monger only to give me a free summon and 2 draws really has shifted momentum many a time.

The fact it was restricted to one is good and bad. Not many people abused it while they could due to the aggressive format and his low stats. His restriction demonstrated UDE's opinion that the future/current format will be slow. This did deserve a restriction more so than D-Hero Malicious. But if these restrictions were not in place everyone would be playing PCM with triple Crystal Seer.

I really do not think many people would run three of these guys, but for all I know a new card could be coming out that would make this card ridiculous.

4/5

Any card that provides a player 2 free draws is good in my opinion. I don't even care if it required me to take 2000 LP damage.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Otaku
Pojo Veteran

Otaku will become famous soon enough

I was a bit surprised to see this go down to one, since even I thought it was only worth a single slot. Then again, it never dawned on me to run Inferno Reckless Summon with it until five seconds ago: a bit clunky, but combined with the right cards it might be a surprisingly effective draw engine. Or rather, lucky win engine: if the bits are all spread out, oh well, use them as well as you can. If they are not, however, two cards (whatever Special Summons Disc Commander and IRS) become six cards. Odds are your opponent won't be getting such a good deal, even with two "free" Monsters.

Oh well, still a really good card in the right decks. A correct deck is anything that can get its effect off at least once reliably, and that's a surprising amount.

Traditional: 2/5 - I can see a slight use in Warrior Chaos.

Advanced: 4/5 - Draw power is just so good in YGO, because the game is set up so poorly in many ways. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Toast
You need to realize that there are NO women on the internet. It's a place where men are men, girls are men, and children are the F.B.I.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Destiny Hero - Disc Commander

This little Warrior will grab you two more cards off the deck when its revived fromt the graveyard by using cards like Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, and Destiny Hero - Fear Monger. In most decks in the last format there was one or two Disc Commanders in a deck. When it was special summoned it was followed up with a Monarch or Destiny Hero - Dasher.

Now with this format we can only use one. It won't make much of a difference if its still at one. Perfect Circle and Destiny Beatdown can still work in this format, but with out a 3rd Destiny Hero - Malicious and some Metamorphosis people will have to find other solutions.

It is better in a Destiny Hero Deck and can be used as tech in a few other kinds of decks that need to be a little faster. With this format it will be much harder to find a way to send it to the graveyard with 2 less Snipe Hunter and 2 less Card Trooper, but still playable.

Traditional: 2/5
Advanced: 3.5/5
Art: 3/5
Old 09-10-2007, 01:18 AM   #6
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
Dark
Level 1
[Warrior/Effect]
When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, draw 2 cards.
300/300

This was actually one of the biggest surprises of the new list to be honest. The majority of decks that used Disk Commander usually used only 1 (to the exception of Perfect Circle Monarchs where some used 2). That deck i speak of is T-Hero. The one teched with fear monger was always nice. This is my favorite of the Destiny Heroes with Dasher a close 2nd. There weren't way too many ways to abuse disk commander except for premature burial, call of the haunted and of course Fear Monger, but what can you do about it? Many Destiny Hero decks have been hurt enough with Malicious at 2, but I don't really see Disk at one being that big of a problem, still a great card overall.

Traditional: 1.5/5 I guess you can use that monster reborn on it =]
Advanced: 4/5 Really good card overall, good enough to be at 1 in this new format, many ways to get it in your hand and whatnot but not too many ways to SS it from your Graveyard.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 09-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #7
turkeyspit
Feral Mod

turkeyspit is on a distinguished road

Destiny Hero Disk Commander

Anyone who played in the last format can easily see how good Disk Commander was. With 3x Destiny Draw and 3x Card Trooper, getting Commander into the Graveyard was very simple. An opponent who foolishly attacks your face-down Destiny Hero Fear Monger would not only give you 2 cards during your next turn, but would invariably give you tribute fodder for a Monarch.

Being restricted to 1 hasn't hurt Disk Commander too much, as most decks only ran 1 copy.

------------------------------------

Traditional:
3/5 - Monster Reborn adds something to the mix, but I doubt people would play D-Heroes over Chaos.

Advanced:
4/5 - A whole different type of Monarch build, Disk Commander will be around for a long time.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rules Knowledge: Level 2
Player Management: Level 2
World of Warcraft Rules Knowledge: Level 1

Turkey's Tokens

Quote:
"Those who cannot Judge, play!"