Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 9-5 Damage = Reptile TAEV-EN067

Card Name: Damage = Reptile
Car Number: TAEV-EN067

Damage = Reptile
Continuous Trap Card
Once per turn, when you take Battle Damage from a battle involving a Reptile-Type monster, you can Special Summon 1 Reptile monster from your Deck with ATK less than or equal to the Battle Damage you took.

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 2.40

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road

Damage = Reptie
Continuous Trap Card
Once per turn, when you take Battle Damage from a battle involving a Reptile-Type monster, you can Special Summon 1 Reptile monster from your Deck with ATK less than or equal to the Battle Damage you took.

This trap allows you to bring a Reptile monster from your deck to the field depending on the battle damage you took involving a Reptile. This automatically replaced the monster lost and gives you another in return without losing any card advantage.

You can only use this effect once per turn. You can also do this on your turn when one of your Reptiles or Venom monsters can't beat the defense of a Gravekeeper's Spy.

Right now this can only grab two different kinds of reptile monsters. Those are Alien and Venom monsters. Both of these groups of monsters use counters, but the better deck type is Venom right now. Unless we get better Reptiles the Venom Monsters are the best Reptiles we got.

If you take 1000 points of damage you could bring out a Venom Serpent. 1200 will special summon a Venom Snake and 1600 for the Venom Boa. Even if you take 100 points of damage you can still get a monster and that monster is Venom Cobra. Once you take the last attack you can special summon the Cobra and switch him during your turn for a good 2000 defender. Also you could get Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes.

It can be good if you have things to search for. It can be good early game to summon Venom Serpents or Snakes for their counter placing effects. I believe it would work in the middle game the best when you have a good amount of Reptiles in the Graveyard and have a high attack Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes on your side of the field.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 3/5
Art: 2.5/5 - Jaden/Judai is getting attacked by a snake surrounded by fire.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

All right, this is one of those cards I have some very mixed feelings about. It's a Continuous Trap Card for starters, which isn't a good thing right now. Monarchs are still everywhere, and Jinzo and Royal Decree are able to be used x2. This card isn't bad...just the Reptile environment isn't so great.

Summoning a monster when your Reptile takes damage...that's a good thing. The damage can be from an attack you make, or one made against you. That's also good. The biggest problem I see is that you can only summon something equal to the Lifepoints you lost. That won't be very strong, and you may not even necessarily have a target. Then, you just have a useless card on the Field.

Ratings:

Advanced: 2.25/5 Again...mixed feelings, but I think the Deck can function just fine without it.

Art: 3/5
Old 09-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

I don't like this card very much......

It's continuous and a trap, vulnerable to removal, Decree, and Jinzo. This does however leave you the oppurtunity to use it more than once.

It also can only get a monster when you take damage with an attack equal to or less than you took. If they barely have enough attack to kill your reptile, you won't be able to summon anything. If they had a full attack monarch and it killed a Venom Snake, you could just barely get another Venom Snake and what if they have another monster to attack with?

I would run one of these, if that, in a Venom deck. See if it comes in handy.

Advanced: 2/5
Art: 2.5/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 09-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #5
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

This is very similar to a card that we have had for a very long time. Damage Condenser does the same thing, but for any battle, not just with Reptiles. Damage=Reptile sacrifices generality for longevity. It is continuous rather than a Normal Trap. This allows you to make use of your reptile monsters even if they have low attack points. Plus it will likely be used to summon the Dreaded Vennominon, King of Poisonous Snakes. This is one of the cards that make the Venom Decks work, so it will see play somewhere.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-4/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 AM   #6
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Damage = Reptile
Continuous Trap Card

This is a really terrible card overall. First off being a Continuous Trap Card is just asking to get destroyed with many other cards by cards like Heavy Storm, Mobius the Frost Monarch, etc. This card also isn't really a practical card. If you keep taking a small dose of damage throughout the match, then you really can't utilize this card, and by the time you get hit with a big attack, the game could might as well be already over. This is really a one sided card, and that one side isn't a good one. There are better cards for Venom decks and Reptile decks out there, and i wouldn't include this in a deck.

Traditional: 1/5 Not good at all
Advanced: 1/5 Can see more play here, but is still a terrible card.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16