Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default 9-3 Venom Snake - TAEV-EN015

Card Name: Venom Snake
Car Number: TAEV-015

Venom Snake
Earth/Reptile/Effect
Once per turn, you can place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
ATK/1200 DEF/600

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 3.00

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road

Venom Snake
Earth/Reptile/Effect
Once per turn, you can place 1 Venom Counter on 1 monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
ATK/1200 DEF/600

Venom Snake is a 3 star Reptile monster that can place a counter on an opponent's monster or attack. It can slither under Level Limit Area - B attacking whatever Monarch your opponent may have at the time. No tribute needed to get this Snake out and can get its effect the turn you summon him unlike a Gemini Monster.

This card can be searched out by Giant Rat if needed to put counters on an opponent's monster. It can also be used for Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane to summon another Venom monster on the field for placing counters on opponent's monsters.

Since it is a Reptile it can be help with Razor Lizard for eliminating face down monsters if you aren't using 2 Nobleman of Crossout.

Now for Venom Snake's effect. To place a counter or to attack the opponent. It is not really a hard choice, but if your monster isn't the strongest thing on the field then a counter you will be placing. His effect doesn't put you back any at all he helps the Venom Deck out by not having a discard cost or a Life Point cost. The only thing you need to make it worth while is a good timed Venom Swamp. If you need a Spirit Reaper off the field just target him with Venom Snake's effect and no more brick wall or discarding from your hand.

The attack is 1200 and can tie with a Gravekeeper's Spy and get over monsters like Sangan and Exiled Force, but with a Gravekeeper's Spy being in defense there will be no getting passed the 2000 defense. Only when Venom Swamp has been on the field for a while.

600 defense isn't that good, but you need to have Venom Snake face-up to produce counters. Taking a little damage is ok when you can gain it back by using cards that can give you a monster right away after you lost one.

Of course Venom Snake can only be used in the Venom Deck itself which is not a bad deck at all. Someone will have to make a good one and do well with it at a Shonen Jump Challenge.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 3.5 - For the Deck Type
Art: 3/5 - Watch out for those sharp fangs!

Last edited by Mr. Random : 08-31-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Snake Week...I hate snakes in real life...let's see if my view of Yugioh's snakes is any different. Venom Snake is a Level 3 Reptile monster, which is awesome. I think the game needs more Reptiles, and definately more playable ones. Venom Snake has 1200 attack and 600 defense. Each turn, you have a choice...you can attack or put a Venom Counter on one of your opponent's monsters. Odds are, you probably are going to be putting a counter somewhere.

Ratings:

Traditional: 1/5 I doubt highly this Deck could work here.

Advanced: 2.75/5 This Deck at least has some promise in Advanced, but it's still difficult to fully utilize.

Art: 3.5/5
Old 09-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

"I HATE SNAKES" - Indiana Jones....I really should go back and watch those movies again.....

Anyway, this reptile is certainly a good choice for the Venom deck. 1200 attack isn't horrible, but it isn't great either. His effect is nifty. Put a Venom counter on a monster in exchange for attacking. 90% of the time, the choice between attacking and using the effect will be easy.

With how easy it is to get out, being a 3 star (and searchable by Giant Rat and such) plus how nicely it flows with all the Venom support, this an easy choice.

Traditional: 1/5 (Venom Snake vs. Chaos Emperor Dragon....Bite vs Bang...hmmmm)
Advanced: 3.5/5 (Not great, but certainly good enough for that deck)
Art: 3/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 AM   #5
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Venom Snake
Level 3
Earth
[Reptile/Effect]
1200/600

Everyone's favorite reptile (not mine though) week. It's snake week for all those snake lovers out there. We start with Venom Snake. I actually have seen this Venom deck in action, and Venom Snake was a big part of it. A big part of the deck is using cards like Level Limit Area - B, Light of Intervention and other cards that help keep your opponent's cards up. This card is an overall good card, 1200 isn't the greatest but with what the venom monsters can do, it makes up for it. Ceasefire, Swords of Revealing Light will easily help make this card better to use, not to mention Venom Burn, the trap card that you take damage per token, though it will remove them, the damage can be so overpowering your opponent will be sitting there stunned. Getting back to Venom Snake, This really is a big player in the deck. Though the negative being it can't attack, what the tokens can do will easily compensate for it. Sangan, Giant Rat and the other cards that can get more out make this card even better in the deck. Keep a watch for these decks. Don't worry, we'll be going more into a lot of the other major cards of the deck.

Traditional: 1/5 Snake or a Soldier and/or Dragon, I Don't know about other people but i'll take the Soldier and Dragon =]
Advanced: 3.5/5 One of the major pieces to this deck, it's a lot better than people give it credit for.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #6
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

Well, I don't think that this is the best of the Venom Counter monsters, as it cannot attack after placing it's counter. I believe that for only 200 less ATK points Venom Serpent can attack as well as place a counter. It would not be my first choice for a Venom deck, but might make the cut due to the lack of playable reptile monsters.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-2/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.