Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default August 31- Blazewing Butterly - TAEV-EN089

Card Name: Blazewing Butterfly
Car Number: TAEV-EN089

Blazewing Butterfly
Level 4
Fire
[Insect/Gemini]
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
- You can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 Gemini Monster from your Graveyard, except "Blazewing Butterfly". A Gemini Monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its Effect.
1500/1500

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 4.00

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

...now THIS is worth a double-summon for!

1,500 ATK, so searchable by UFO Turtle among other cards...and the ability to get any Gemini in your Graveyard, with effect already activated. This gives a way to get out much stronger Geminis that have been dumped one way or another.

This is great support for the theme, and can only get better with any more Gemini support that gets released. Only the first few Shonens of the new format will tell how good this will be.

4/5 based on potential of the decktype.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Otaku
Pojo Veteran

Otaku will become famous soon enough

This review assumes the September 1st 2007 Ban List. I mean, I have enough catching up to do without focusing on a format that has less than a week left of existing.

Wow.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd have expected a Fire/Insect to be some kind of Fire Ant. Yet the two we have are a freaky scarab and butterfly.

Blazewing Butterfly is the Gemini Monster recursion card. As I keep reminding you, I am still learning of the cards I missed from my hard drive crash, so I still am unaware of certain cards from the last set, let alone this one. I know Grasschopper was an Insect, but unless there are a few more Insect Gemini Monsters, the Type will be largely irrelevant. Likewise, unless most are Fire, the Attribute will mean little. Being a Level 4/1500/1500 on the other hand does mean something. Level 3 would have been better, but Level 4 means it can still be easily Normal Summoned from the hand. It's ATK is the largest it can be while still being searchable by a variety of means, and if this was Unlimited, the same would for for the DEF. This is reasonably hardy as is, and will help keep it alive long enough to trigger its Gemini effect. After you use the effect, you can sac it to revive another Gemini Monster from your Graveyard, but the revived one comes back with its effect already on. For Gemini decks, this is amazing enough to make me consider running UFO Turtle in the deck just to search out Blazewing Butterfly

Ratings

Traditional: 1/5

Advanced: 4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Toast
You need to realize that there are NO women on the internet. It's a place where men are men, girls are men, and children are the F.B.I.

Last edited by Otaku : 08-26-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Here we have another of the Gemini monsters, and this is one of the best for the Decktype. In short, if you are playing that deck, you should be using this monster.

Ratings:

Traditional: 1/5 I don't see how this deck could function here...period.

Advanced: 4/5

Art: 2/5 Disappointing
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Wow, I Missed the 1,300th Card of the Day, sorry all, school got in the way of that one.

Blazewing Butterfly
Level 4
Fire
[Insect/Gemini]
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
- You can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 Gemini Monster from your Graveyard, except "Blazewing Butterfly". A Gemini Monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its Effect.
1500/1500

So one of the best Gemini Monsters is only a Super Rare. I Believe we got lucky on this one not being a secret like many of the other ones. This is actually one of the few that is really worth playing. This can get any Gemini Monster and this can be easily brought out by Sangan (to hand) and also UFO Turtle. Though it really does come down to which Gemini Monsters and how many you will play overall. This one does the trick, sure Summoner was good if you have them, but Blazewing is so versatile in the deck, it's okay to lose monsters or have them discarded because with Blazewing, there won't be that problem anymore. Be careful when you see this guy come out, it can become a huge problem that or the next turn depending on how it was summoned.

Traditional: 1/5 I'm just not a fan of Gemini here
Advanced: 4.5/5 Pretty much one of the best Geminis out there and with what it can do, and being on a Super Rare makes it get a really nice rating.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 08-31-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Blazewing Butterfly

This review will be quick and painless. Today we'll review the Fire Gemini Monster Blazewing Butterfly. It has 1500 ATK and Defense so it can defend and attack well, but its Gemini Effect is when it has been resummoned you can special summon 1 Gemini Monster from your graveyard and it gets the Gemini Effect. This could be searched out by UFO and Howling Insect. This could be good in a Gemini Deck using King Pyron, but anything else I can't really see that happening.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 3.5/5
Art: 2.5/5