Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default YGO COTD - August 21 - Fifth Hope - TAEV-EN045

Card Name: Fifth Hope
Car Number: TAEV-EN045

Fifth Hope
Normal Spell Card
Select 5 "Elemental Hero" cards from your Graveyard and shuffle them into your Deck. Then draw 2 cards. Draw 3 cards instead if you had no other cards on your side of the field and in your hand when you activated this card.

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.10
Advanced: 2.20

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

Pot of Avarice for E-hero's.

If you run a Big City deck or using a regular E-hero deck for those who are crazy enough, then you might consider playing this card. It has all the advantages and weaknesses of Pot of Avarice with the additional weakness of having to shuffle ONLY E-heros back in the deck and the additional advantage of getting to draw 3 cards if you top deck this when there is nothing else in the field or in your hand.

There isn't much else to say about this card. Bad opening hand and early game. Great later on.

Tradtional: 1/5 (E-heros, here? I'd even question playing Pot of Avarice here)
Advanced: 3/5 (E-heros only, obviously)
Art: 3.5/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 08-20-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

Mmmm, meh E-Hero support. I was more impressed by the Crysalis and Neo Spacien support in TAEV than with this. It is one of those cards that if you can get it off, great, but will more likely be sitting in your hand for a REALLY long time waiting for it's conditions to be met. This is a card only for Jaden Yuki to play, or someone really lucky.

Traditional-1
Advanced-1
Art-2

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Wow, another decent support card for you Elemental Hero and Big City playing people. The problem being it may not work, and it is fairly situational, and that is the card at it's best. I guess if you are really needing some additional draw power in your Deck, go for it, but I prefer Jar of Greed.

Ratings:

Traditional: 1.5/5 No E-Heroes here

Advanced: 3.5/5 Decent enough support

Art: 3/5
Old 08-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Tebezu

Tebezu is on a distinguished road

4/5

This is the kind of support themes need. If Future Fusion would come off the restricted list I'd run an E-Hero Deck. Even with Future Fusion at 1 this card still has some potential. Magical Merchant, Card Trooper, etc. all provide ways to abuse this card.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Fifth Hope
Normal Spell Card
Select 5 "Elemental Hero" cards from your Graveyard and shuffle them into your Deck. Then draw 2 cards. Draw 3 cards instead if you had no other cards on your side of the field and in your hand when you activated this card.

Well now all those die hard E-Hero fans can have something to cheer about. They get their very own Pot of Avarice and if they happen to topdeck this card to use another to have nothing they get a easy +2 with this card. It's just a theme based pot of avarice so yeah its not that spectacular but it can be when you have nothing in an E-Hero deck. Some people before played Merchant Pot Turbo, now some people can try it with Fifth Hope and to be able abuse this card to draw more and maybe even combo it with stuff like miracle fusion and some hex monsters to get what they need. This can help open up combos or even help when draws start to get bad.

Traditional: 1/5 E-Heros no need and with Pot of Greed and Graceful Charity, they won't need this.
Advanced: 2/5 Depending on the deck (obviously stuff with E-Heros) but this card came become very useful for those decks.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Fifth Hope

As everyone else is saying, yes this is another Pot of Avarice for Elemental Heroes. It would be good in almost any kind of E Hero builds. The only differences to this and Pot of Avarice is that this has to send back 5 Elemental Heroes back when PoA can do that with any monsters. Also if you are in a top decking situation you could use this to draw 3 cards to give you a +2 to probably still give you a -4 against your opponent using Monarchs, Zombies, D Heroes. This is a good card for E Heroes of course, but I am still on the side of PoA.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 3/5
Art: 2/5