Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default YGO COTD - August 20 - Rainbow Dragon TAEV-EN006

Card Name: Rainbow Dragon
Car Number: TAEV-EN006

Rainbow Dragon
Level 10
Light
[Dragon/Effect]
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except from your hand while you have 7 "Crystal Beast" cards with different names on the field or in your Graveyard. This card cannot activate its effects the turn it is Special Summoned.
- Send all "Crystal Beast" monsters you control to the Graveyard, this card gains 1000 ATK for each card sent. You can activate this effect during either player's turn.
- You can remove from play all "Crystal Beast" Monster Cards in your Graveyard to return all cards on the field to their owner's decks.
4000/0

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.75
Advanced: 2.60

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

First off, I want the Ghost Rare of this card SO BAD. Just so that I can have one, and nothing more.

This obviously belongs in a dedicated Crystal Beast deck and nothing more. The fact that you have to run all 7 Crystal Beasts makes this card not look so good. Cobalt Eagle is meh, Emerald Tortoise is just short of playable....a lil more defense.

4000 attack is great! That's 1/2 of your opponent's points. 0 defense is bad. Enemy Controller and Book of Moon might bring this monster down.

The effects are ok I suppose. Gaining a thousand(s) more attack is ok, but most of the Crystal Beasts have more than 1000 attack anyway. I can't see using the second effect all that often as it leaves you with nothing. You can't Crystal Blessing so that you can Beacon. I would simply use Rainbow Dragon for the sheer brute force and not bother with the effects.

Traditional: 2/5 (Crystal Beasts, here? Not so sure...)
Advanced: 4/5 (Crystal Beast decks only)
Art: 5/5 Sooooo cool!!!

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Rainbow Dragon
Level 10
Light
[Dragon/Effect]
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except from your hand while you have 7 "Crystal Beast" cards with different names on the field or in your Graveyard. This card cannot activate its effects the turn it is Special Summoned.
- Send all "Crystal Beast" monsters you control to the Graveyard, this card gains 1000 ATK for each card sent. You can activate this effect during either player's turn.
- You can remove from play all "Crystal Beast" Monster Cards in your Graveyard to return all cards on the field to their owner's decks.
4000/0

First off, I have to say this about Rainbow Dragon, it's a really nice looking Ghost Rare Card, that's the best thing about this card. Seriously though, If Crystal Beast decks were inconsistent before, they bring out Rainbow Dragon. Most Crystal Beast builds use only 5 Crystal Beasts, not using Tortoise or Cobalt Eagle. To play this card, you have to find space in the deck for those card, and you have to have all 7. That isn't always easy to have all 7. Also with how bad Cobalt Eagle is, it's really hard to utilize it in anyway, so this card is really hard to bring out (meaning Rainbow Dragon).

Let's take a look at the effects, Sending the Crystal Beasts to the Graveyard for 1000 ATK for each. Well unless you have cleared your opponent's backrow or know for sure their face down is a bluff then you can use it, but other than that, it's really not necessary, it has 4000 ATK already!

The other effect to remove the monsters to send everything back, is only good, if you have cards like pegasus or other monsters that can keep the game flowing for you. Ways you can strike for quick damage or to take control before your opponent can.

I really dislike this card because of how hard it really is to utilize, try it out, don't get frustrated with that cobalt eagle though!

Traditional: 1/5 I don't like Crystal Beasts here.
Advanced: 1/5 I don't like the card at all, the card is really hard to bring out and isn't that great.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 08-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road
Default Rainbow Dragon

Rainbow Dragon is the first card we will review from the newest set Tactical Evlolution. Now this awesome card has the newest rarity for the game. Its a Ghost Rare and just look at that picture, no wonder its going for a high price.

Anyways moving onto the cards stats itself we start by seeing it is a Light Dragon monster. Since you can only get this out by using Crystal Beasts chances are you aren't using Dragon or Light support.

It has 10 Stars so if you want to make it a Cyber End Dragon then you are going to wait for the Banned List in March of 2007. When this card becomes legal for tournament play Metamorphosis will be unable to play.

Now look ath the effect and the Summon Requirement. You have to have 7 different Crystal Beasts on the field or in the grave to summon him. You even also have to play the bad Crystal Beasts. Any Crystal Beast monsters you control can be sent to boost its attack by 1000. So you can have a 9000 ATK monsters on your field, if you can get the time to set it up. Rainbow's Dragon's 2nd effect is to remove all CB monsters from grave to return all cards on the field to the deck. The way that I see it is, you went through all the trouble to summon the dragon then you are down more cards by the middle of the duel.

Its 4000 ATK so it can take out mostly anything that has an original attack. With 0 DEF it can even get destroyed by a Treeborn From if flipped face-down by a Book of Moon.

In the end this could see tournament play, but only to those who are lucky enough to pull it and those who don't care about top 8ing.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 1.5/5
Art: 5/5 for Ghost and 5/5 for Secret Rare
Old 08-20-2007, 12:58 AM   #5
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

Well, this is an awesome card. Amazing ATK points as well as the coolest art and name a tcg has to offer. Oh wait! I forgot the effects! He can Fiber Jar everything back to your deck or gain 1000 ATK points per Crystal Beast by sending all of them onthe field to the grave. I have to say though, I would not play him. His effects are ok, and he is not all that hard to summon, but the fact that he forces you to make undesirable plays for a CB deck (like removing CB's from the field) make me want to play Hamon more.

Traditional-1
Advanced-2
Art-5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Rainbow Dragon is one monsterous card. It obviously has some use in the Crystal Beast deck, and ONLY in the Crystal Beast deck, if it has any use at all. Don't get me wrong...4000 attack is enormous, but it has the equally large downside of having 0 defense. While an attack of 4000 is incredible, the defense can bring the downfall of Rainbow Dragon quite easily.

The effects are all right...remember, you have to play all seven of the Crystal Beasts in order to use Rainbow Dragon, so you might be better off just using the Crystal Beasts by themselves. Go ahead and give it a shot, it's more difficult than a Crystal Beast deck without him.

Ratings:

Traditional: 2.5/5 Crystal Beasts in Traditional...hmm?

Advanced: 4.5/5 its own deck

Art: 5/5