Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default YGO COTD - August 7 - Inaba White Rabbit [ DB2-EN176 ]

Inaba White Rabbit [ DB2-EN176 ]
Non-Holo Monster-Type Attr Lvl Atk Def Rarity
Beast/Spirit Earth 3 700 500 Non-Holo
DB2-EN176, Inaba White Rabbit from Dark Beginnings 2 July 22, 2005
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or flipped face-up. This monster attacks your opponent's Life Points directly.

Review Summary:

Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 1.75
Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

"What, behind the rabbit?"
"It is the rabbit! It has long viscious pointy teeth!"

This was a cool tech card when spirit monsters were in vogue. This and Asura Priest were frustrating to deal with, just because they are so darned hard to kill. This guy actually saw play in burn decks at my local back in the day, as all the stall cards were unbanned and did not apply to this little white fluffball. He and Stealth Bird as well as Lava Golem burned away lifepoints pretty quick.

Nowadays the stall cards are all but dead and lockdown burn all but buried in the ground. He just isn't strong enough in the current format.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-1/5
Art-3/5 (Rocket Bunny!)

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
Otaku
Pojo Veteran

Otaku will become famous soon enough

It is most vexing when one's hard drive crashes.

Inaba White Rabbit is a Level 3 Earth/Beast/Spirit Monster with a mere 700 ATK and 500 DEF. Aside from the normal Spirit Monster bit, it has an effect that requires it attack the opponent directly (but at least it grants it that ability, instead of rendering it unable to attack when a Monster is present).

I've been ignorant of the metagame for the most part the last two and a half months, so I won't go into a lot of detail. While not a horrid card to use (700 a turn can and will add up), without something to back it up, you'd be giving up your Normal Summon to do it and leaving yourself vulnerable. Even with back-up, you might consider something like Submarineroid which has the same direct attack ability but with 800 ATK and it shifts to DEF mode when attacked (and has a solid 1800 DEF). Still, the Inaba White Rabbit is hard to kill since it'll keep bouncing to the hand at the end of the turn.

I am betting that unless this game has radically changed while I was gone, this still doesn't cut it. That doesn't mean the card is useless, though...

While difficult, if you can combine it with Ojama Trio (and the tokens that gives), Spatial Collapse, and possibly even Xing Zhen Hu for a nice, sadistic lock. Sealing Spell/Traps might work with a little luck, but when tested it I just would kill an Ojama Token so I could activate a second Ojama Trio for a full five "cannot be used for Tribute Summon" tokens. Then Spatial Collapse and the only cards they can activate are things like Kuriboh (barring some new or obscure cards I am unfamiliar with). From there, just keep summoning Inaba to whittle away their LP. Why Inaba White Rabbit? The deck needs to keep its own field under five, so this was an way to attack direct without locking down one's own field. It is far from a perfect strategy, but it is an interested lock and fun in a sadistic way when you implement it. I mean, you thought it was bad losing to a bird? Try losing to a bunny.

Ratings

Traditional: 1/5 - No, we have Yata.

Advanced: 2/5 - When I tried the deck I described above it didn't work too well. The things that made it tricky haven't gone away, but who knows: maybe I just missed something obvious that would have helped it flow better...

Feeling From Winning a Duel Using a Bunny:5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Toast
You need to realize that there are NO women on the internet. It's a place where men are men, girls are men, and children are the F.B.I.

Last edited by Otaku : 08-08-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Inaba White Rabbit
Level 3
Earth
[Beast/Effect]
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or flipped face-up. This monster attacks your opponent's Life Points directly.
700/500

One of many people's favorite Spirit monsters next to Yata-Garasu, Asura Priest and Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi. There were those decks back in the say which some players called Inaba Lock, which lockdown the field to attack for 700 til they were out of lifepoints. It wasn't a very successful deck. Let's look a little more into this card. 700 for a direct attack isn't too shabby, there are other cards that do this, most notably Reaper on the Nightmare, but that being a fusion doesn't make it as usable unless in a Zombie deck or sometimes in Destiny Hero Beatdown (T-Hero). A lot of the game is now about damage and a quick 700 here and there adds up fast, though losing field presence isn't always so nice.

Traditional: 1/5 earth isn't so nice, especially with Yata around here.
Advanced: 1.5/5 Not many decks can utilize this card, you can't Special Summon it so you're gonna have to sangan or draw it to use it.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 08-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road

Inaba White Rabbit
Earth/Beast/Effect
ATK/700 DEF/500

Today we'll be reviewing the Inaba White Rabbit. I have seen this played in a Gravity Bind and Robbin Goblin Deck. If there wasnt a Sakurestsu Armor down this thing 9 times out of 10 did the direct shot.

It has 3 stars so it can get around Gravity Bind and Level Limit Area B. It can be metamorphosised into a 1200 ATKer.

With being an Earth type the only thing that can help here really is Giantes. Remove this monster from the Graveyard to summon Gigantes unless you have Pot of Avarice and would like to keep hitting your opponent for 700 each turn.

Like all the other Spirit Monsters, Inaba White Rabbit cannot be special summoned. In this case most spirit monsters don't need to be special summoned to be better. They get returned to the hand anyways even if you do special summon it with something like Giant Rat or Call of the Haunted.

This card I believe is one of the two monsters that can attack directly that has 700 ATK. The other being Servant of Catabolism from Pharonic Guardian. As I said before this works well with Robbin Goblin because they lose a card and this returns to the hand again ready to do the same thing next turn. If an opponent wants to keep their Snatch Steal in their hand then they won't care on playing the Sakuretsu Armor on a little 700 ATKer.

The defense doesn't really matter unless your on the defensive. This can stand up against an Apprentice Magician, Spirit Reaper, or Treeborn Frog attack, but chances are it will be Noblemaned, Zaborged, or Riaza'ed right off the field for some huge damage.

This monster is best used in casual when playing the Robbin Goblin combo just for fun.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 2/5
Art: 2/5 - Silly Inaba White Rabbit, Trix are for Kids!!