Pojo Veteran

Default Six Samurai Guide I: The New Warriors on the Block

Quote:
Six Samurai Guide I: The New Warriors on the Block

Quote:
Topic Rules
Read First
Quote:
Seeing how MajinSageofDark's thread over at Pojo tends to have STUPID POINTLESS ANNOYING MESSAGES (SPAM), it has become necessary to add some rules to this topic:
Quote:

NO SPAM

NO FLAMES

NO Image only Post

NO Out of Topic Post

These guides are for users who wish to discuss Six Samurai cards and tactics. Any person caught Spamming up this topic will be asked to leave and will be reported to a Moderator.
Quote:
Contents
I. Introduction
II. The Six Samurai
A. Six Samurai Monsters
B. Six Samurai Support
III. Six Samurai Deck
IV. Six Samurai in Competitive Play
V. Conclusion
Quote:
I. Introduction
Inspired by Pojo’s MajinSageofDark ’s E•Hero Guides, I’ve decided to make a guide on my favorite archetype in Yu-Gi-Oh, the Six Samurai. I’ll be taking a look on how these samurai work & how can they be competitive. I live in Asia, in the Philippines to be precise, but I still prefer to call them Six Samurai rather than Six Warmasters; so do take note they are one & the same.

The Six Samurai are a warrior archetype in Yu-Gi-Oh which was based on the famous Japanese film, Seven Samurai. They specialize in swarming the field in order to get the best out of their abilities. Each Samurai has their own unique abilities & cannot work w/o another fellow samurai by there side. Also, these samurais help each other out by sacrificing themselves when one is about to be killed, so that their death will not be in vein. Anyway, without further delay…

Quote:
II. The Six Samurai
Quote:
A. Six Samurai Monsters
The Six Samurai – Yaichi /Six Warmaster – Yaichi

Water/Warrior - Effect/3/1300/800

Once per turn, while you control another "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, you can destroy 1 Set Spell or Trap Card. This monster cannot declare an attack during the turn this effect is used. If this card would be destroyed you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

One of the most useful Six Samurai, Yaichi takes out your opponents facedown back row leaving your remaining Six Samurai to attack w/o hesitation. Any person who is building a Six Samurai deck should include 3 copies of this, no questions ask. The downside of this card is its low attack power, making it either a dead draw or a target for punishment when alone on the field.

The Six Samurai – Kamon / Six Warmaster – Kamon

Fire/Warrior - Effect/3/1500/1000

Once per turn, while you control another "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, you can destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card. This monster cannot declare an attack during the turn this effect is used. If this card would be destroyed you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

The partner of Yaichi, this bombs expert takes out already-active cards on your opponent’s back row. This is best use against burn & stall decks, taking out cards like Swords of Revealing Light, Wave Motion Cannon, & even Premature Burial & Call of the Haunting.

The Six Samurai – Yariza / Six Warmaster – Yariza

Earth/Warrior - Effect/3/1000/500

Once per turn, while you control another "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, this card can attack your opponent directly. If this card would be destroyed you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

Nothing can be said about this Samurai except he give cheap shots. I wouldn’t suggest using this unless you made a deck build around it.

The Six Samurai – Nisashi / Six Warmaster – Nisashi

Wind/Warrior - Effect/4/1400/700

Once per turn, while you control another "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, this card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase. If this card would be destroyed you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

Named & Inspired from Musashi Miyamoto, the greatest 2-hand swordsman in Japan. Nisashi w/ his double attack ability has a great OTK capabilities (especially equip w/ United We Stand). But I would suggest putting in only 1 copy or even none at all since you could barely do an OTK w/ todays metagame w/ Six Samurai.

The Six Samurai – Zanji / Six Warmaster – Zanji

Light/Warrior - Effect/4/1800/1300

While you control another "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, destroy any monster this card attacks at the end of the Damage Step. If this card would be destroyed you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

The most powerful Six Samurai of the original six. Like Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors, Zanji takes out any opponent he faces even if it cost him his life. So weather it’s a wall like Spirit Reaper or a powerhouse like the Monarchs, Zanji will take them out whatever means he can.

The Six Samurai – Irou / Six Warmaster – Irou

Dark/Warrior - Effect/4/1700/1200

While you control another "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, if this card attacks a face-down Defense Position monster, destroy the monster immediately with this card's effect without flipping it face-up or applying damage calculation. If this card would be destroyed you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

Move over Kurosaki Ichigo, Irou, my personal favorite among the Six Samurai, with his long katana, he can take out any face-down opponent w/ one swing. This guy is a recruiters & flip effect’s worst nightmare. Irou has a nice combination w/ Yaichi when opponent is on the defensive & Zanji when you’re on the offensive.

Great Shogun Shien / Head General – Shien

Fire/Warrior – Effect/7/2500/2400

If you control 2 or more "Six Samurai" monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Your opponent can activate only 1 Spell/Trap Card each turn. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy a "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

The boss of the samurai, Shien makes the Six Samurai a force to be recon with. Able to come out when 2 Six Samurai are on the field, this card owns the Monarchs in terms of attack power. Adding the semi Cold Wave effect, opponent would have a hard time devising a counter-attack when Shien comes out. A must have card in a Six Samurai deck.

Grandmaster of the Six Samurai

Earth/Warrior – Effect/5/2100/800

You can only have 1 "Grandmaster of the Six Samurai" monster on your side of the field. While you control a face-up "Six Samurai" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect, add 1 "Six Samurai" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

The TCG exclusive card which I like to call the American Samurai, Grandmaster is totally what all you could ask for the Six Samurai theme. Being able to come to the field as long as one at least one of his subordinates is on the field. Being a 2100 attacker means beat down & Cyber Dragon’s new friend. Being a Six Samurai means his subordinates can immediately use their effects & to quickly bring down Big Boss Shien. But wait, there’s more. If he dies with opponent’s card effect now, you get a Six Samurai monster from the graveyard ABSOLUTELY FREE. Speed, power, & expendability is what the Grandmaster is all about. Any Six Samurai deck(except ASIA) that doesn’t run 3 of these babies shouldn’t run Six Samurai at all.

Quote:
B. Six Samurai Support
Legendary Ebon Steed / Pitch Black Famous Horse

Equip Spell

Equip only to a "Six Samurai" monster. It gains 200 ATK and DEF. If it would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.

Just like in Dynasty/Samurai Warriors, these warriors can mount on a horse to become more versatile. The substitute destruction effect is ok but it doesn’t save the samurai if they were brainwashed (ex. Brain Control, Snatch Steal) or returned to your hand (ex. Compulsory Evacuation Device, N-Spacian Ground Mole). And 200 attack & defense is somewhat a big & small matter. In my opinion, United We Stand would be a better choice of equip card rather than this.

Shien’s Castle of Mist / Mist Castle of Shien

Field Spell

When a "Six Samurai" monster is attacked, the attacking monster loses 500 ATK during damage calculation only.

The opposite of Skyscraper, rather that increases the Six Samurai’s strength when they attack, it decreases the opposing monster when they attack a Six Samurai. This is a nice card to protect solo samurais on the field from being destroyed by battle.

Return of the Six Samurai / Six Warmaster Intervention

Normal Trap

Special Summon 1 "Six Samurai" monster from your Graveyard. Destroy it at the end of this turn.

This card says “I’m not dead yet.” written all over. This is great way to protect yourself from direct attacks, to protect your other Six Samurai from being destroyed, & a quick way to bring out 2 Six Samurai to the field. If you don’t have Grandmaster, this is a great substitute for him…. for now…

Swift Samurai Storm! / Gale! Slaughtering Formation

Each turn, after the first time a "Six Samurai" monster you control battles, all "Six Samurai" monsters you control gain 300 ATK until the end of this turn.

The A. Forces card of the Six Samurai. Basically, you first need to battle w/ first six samurai. After that, your remaining Six Samurai gain 300 attack points until end of your turn. In my opinion, I don’t see running this card would help the Six Samurai except maybe making you greedy & making you hit Mirror Force.

Backs to the Wall / Ultimate Last Stand

Pay Life Points so that you only have 100 left. Special Summon as many "Six Samurai" monsters from your Graveyard as possible. You cannot Special Summon more than 1 monster with the same name, or a monster that has the same name as a monster you already control.

As what the card name states, it gives you one more chance to either survive or to retaliate but paying the ultimate price. The pay your Life Points till you only have 100 isn’t that bad IF you COULD summon multiple copies. Heck, I would consider putting this if it was like that but no, it had to have a big downside. Besides, how could you send a lot of Six Samurai to the Graveyard besides Card Gunner (w/c is practically expensive & hard to find)?

Breakthrough / Central Assault

Select 1 "Six Samurai" monster you control. If the selected monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, "Great Shogun Shien" and all "Six Samurai" monsters you control can attack your opponent directly during the Battle Phase of this turn.

In my opinion the worst support for the Six Samurai. This card only works when its requirements are met & for only 1 turn. I won’t even start on how bad this card is, heck I would even put Yariza in my deck rather that this. What’s a direct attack if you could clear the field w/ Irou & Zanji then attack directly w/ Shien & Nisashi?

Quote:
III. Six Samurai Deck
For now, there aren’t any variety builds on Six Samurai except for the standard ones. But I would like to show to you people my personal builds. Do take note that I’m not very good in making a deck. Reminder that I live in Asia so I don’t use Grandmaster but I did try to put cards that would replace him. So get your pen & paper or open notepad & start net decking. JOKES!!!

Quote:
Aggro Samurai Deck
Quote:
Monster:
Quote:

Six Samurai – Zanji / Six Warmaster – Zanji

Six Samurai – Irou / Six Warmaster – Irou

Six Samurai – Yaichi / Six Warmaster – Yaichi

Six Samurai – Kamon / Six Warmaster – Kamon

Six Samurai – Nisashi / Six Warmaster – Nisashi

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

E-Hero Wildman or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Exiled Force

Exiled Force

Morphing Jar

Total: 20

Spell:

Smashing Grounds

Fissure

Legendary Ebon Steed / Pitch Black Famous Horse or United We Stand

Legendary Ebon Steed / Pitch Black Famous Horse or Mage Power

Reinforcement of the Army

Nobleman of Crossout

Heavy Storm

Mystical Space Typhoon

Premature Burial

Pot of Avarice

Snatch Steal

Total: 12

Trap:

Ultimate Offering or Ceasefire

Ring of Destruction

Call of the Haunting

Mirror Force

Return of the Six Samurai / Six Samurai Intervention or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Return of the Six Samurai / Six Samurai Intervention or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Solemn Judgment

Solemn Judgment

Total: 7

Here’s my standard Six Samurai deck build. The basic concept of this deck is to swarm & beat your opponent w/ power houses like Zanji, Nisashi, or Shien. Grandmaster replaces the Return of the Six Samurai when in TCG format because he’s a lot faster not to mention his recycling ability. Solemn Judgment are my favorite support card in almost any Six Samurai build I make, being able to stop almost any threat that comes in your way like Monarch & Demise OTK, assuming the timing is right. Overall, it’s your average aggro warrior deck but only w/ Six Samurai.

Quote:
Samurai Control Deck
Quote:
Monster:
Quote:

Six Samurai – Zanji / Six Warmaster – Zanji or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Six Samurai – Irou / Six Warmaster – Irou or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Six Samurai – Yaichi / Six Warmaster – Yaichi or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Exiled Force

Exiled Force

Morphing Jar

Total: 18

Spell:

Smashing Grounds

Fissure

Swords of Revealing Light

Snatch Steal

Confiscation

Premature Burial

United We Stand

Heavy Storm

Mystical Space Typhoon

Book of Moon

Nobleman of Crossout

Total: 13

Trap:

Solemn Judgment

Solemn Judgment

Mirror Force

Call of the Haunting

Ring of Destruction

Trapdust Shoot

Trapdust Shoot

Trapdust Shoot

Mind Crush

Total: 9

Here’s is my experimental build that turned out quite a bit of success. This deck both tries to control the field & your opponent’s hand. Confiscation, Trapdust Shoot, & Mind Crush are the strong elements of this deck but also make it weak especially when you top decking Trapdust Shoot during midgame where you & your opponent both have less than 2 cards in hand. This deck SHOULD be thoroughly shuffled to avoid the said flaw. What I like to do here is to make my opponent attack Morphing Jar then activate Trapdust Shoot after Morphing Jar resolves. Mind Crush is highly put to the usage here since you would most of the time see your opponent’s hand. The key phrase in this deck is “If you control your opponent’s hand, you control the field.”

Quote:
Silent Samurai Deck
Quote:
Monster:
Quote:

Silent Swordsman LV5

Silent Swordsman LV5

Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight or Silent Swordsman LV5

Six Samurai – Yaichi / Six Warmaster – Yaichi or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Great Shogun Shien / Head General - Shien

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Exiled Force

Morphing Jar

Spell:

Smashing Grounds

Fissure

Brain Control

Snatch Steal

Premature Burial

United We Stand

Heavy Storm

Mystical Space Typhoon

Book of Moon

Reasoning

Reasoning

Reasoning

Total: 15

Trap:

Solemn Judgment or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Solemn Judgment

Solemn Judgment

Mirror Force

Call of the Haunting

Ring of Destruction

Total: 7

This is personal favorite build of all the Six Samurai decks I made. Back then where Six Samurai didn’t exist yet, I was using either a Warrior Beat Down or an E•Hero deck which both had my two of my favorite monsters, Silent Swordsman LV5 and E•Hero Wildman. Anyways, this deck takes both of my Warrior Beat Down and Six Samurai together. The focus strategy here is to use Reasoning to bring out Silent Swordsman LV5, any of the Six Samurai, & even Shien; making it difficult for the opponent to declare a monster level. Silent Swordsman is great against decks that rely on Spell card for removal and control. Swift Gaia is an interesting choice here since most Six Samurai deck’s weakness is that they burn their hand quickly. If that happens & Gaia is the only card in your hand, here comes a 2300 attacker on the field without cost.

Quote:
Pure Samurai Deck
Quote:
Monster:
Quote:

Shien's Footsoldier / Footman of Shien or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Shien's Footsoldier / Footman of Shien or Grandmaster of Six Samurai

Total: 17

Spell:

Smashing Grounds

Fissure

Snatch Steal

Confiscation

Premature Burial

United We Stand

Heavy Storm

Mystical Space Typhoon

Pot of Avarice

Book of Moon

Nobleman of Crossout

Total: 14

Trap:

Solemn Judgment

Solemn Judgment

Mirror Force

Sakuretsu Armor

Call of the Haunting

Ring of Destruction

Trapdust Shoot

Trapdust Shoot

Total: 9

Here in the Philippines, we have a special tournament that only lets us use monster w/in their archetype (ex. Dark World, Gem Beast, E•Hero, D-Hero, etc.) which known to us Filipinos as “Clan Wars”. This build is to support Six Samurai in Clan Wars where there’s no Cyber Dragon, no Exiled Force, & no Monarch in just everyone’s decks. As you can see, this isn’t for competitive play but it’s still that effective when used.

Quote:
IV. Six Samurai in Competitive Play
Here we take a look on how competitive Six Samurais decks are. In fact, I’m the guy who pioneered Six Samurai in the Philippines (bragging X_X) but I do take a look at the US’s metagame since they have Grandmaster. Since there’s isn’t much Six Samurai in competitive play, my material isn’t much but I hope it would give you an idea on how a competitive Six Samurai deck is.

Quote:
Matthew Lai’s Six Samurai Deck
Quote:
Monsters:
Quote:

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Exiled Force

Morphing Jar

Spells:

Book of Moon

Mystical Space Typhoon

The Warrior Returning Alive

The Warrior Returning Alive

Smashing Ground

Snatch Steal

Reasoning

Reasoning

Reasoning

Heavy Storm

Premature Burial

Total: 15

Traps:

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakuretsu Armor

Pulling the Rug / Tatami Flip

Pulling the Rug / Tatami Flip

Ring of Destruction

Mirror Force

Call of the Haunted

Total: 8

This is Matthew Lai’s Six Samurai deck that reached the top 16th in the recent SJC. The strategy here is basically using Reasoning to bring out the Six Samurai as fast as possible. With 3 Grandmasters, this deck would definitely have an edge amongst Six Samurai decks in Asia. With Tatami Flip in this deck, Monarchs, Gadgets, & Manji/Senju/Sonic Duck would be pawned.

Quote:
Wslasher's Six Samurai Deck
Quote:
Monster:
Quote:

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Cyber Dragon

Exiled Force

Exiled Force

Sangan

Morphing Jar

Silent Swordsman LV5

E•Hero Wildman

Total: 20

Spell:

Smashing Grounds

Pot of Avarice

Brain Control

Snatch Steal

Premature Burial

Nobleman of Crossout

Heavy Storm

Mystical Space Typhoon

Book of Moon

Total: 12

Trap:

Solemn Judgment

Solemn Judgment

Mirror Force

Torrential Tribute

Call of the Haunting

Ring of Destruction

Return of the Six Samurai / Six Samurai Intervention

Return of the Six Samurai / Six Samurai Intervention

Waboku

Waboku

Total: 10

This is my personal setting of a Six Samurai deck that is both competitive and fan made which I also manage to go up to 10th place in my country’s monthly tournament with (bragging again yet not much of an achievement X_X). Yaichi & Irou combo is a nice way to lock opponent when they're on a deep end. Zanji along w/ any samurai would mostly bring down the enemy hard hitters & even walls like Spirit Reaper. Solemn Judgment keeps your samurai safe from mass removal or destroys your opponents momentum (timing is the key). Finally, the guess appearance of Silent Swordsman LV5 and E•Hero Wildman give this deck the element of surprise. Only 1 Shien is enough because w/o the Grandmaster of Six Samurai (No Grandmaster in Asia), he would probably be a sitting duck in your hand most of the time.

Quote:
V. Conclusion
Six Samurai decks are very powerful and possess somewhat OTK capabilities but no one has yet taped that build yet. And with the coming of Gladiator’s Assault cards such has Enishi, Resolve of the Six Samurai, & Swift Armor, they would become even more powerful & possibly seen more in competitive play. Well, that’s all!!! For…now…

Last edited by Wslasher : 07-28-2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Spacing & Font Size
Wslasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
MajinSageofDarkness
Pojo Veteran

Wow! This is a great guide, very well researched and packed with everything a Six Warmasters deck needs! I'm impressed, good work.
MajinSageofDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:32 AM   #3
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinSageofDarkness View Post
Wow! This is a great guide, very well researched and packed with everything a Six Warmasters deck needs! I'm impressed, good work.
Thanks bro, I really means to me that you posted.

Anyways, I'm currently working on a Samurai OTK deck build w/c utilizes Black Pendant, Reversal Quiz, & Ultimate Last Stand...
Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
PJ
That coverage guy!

What do you think of Card Trooper in a Six Warmasters (I'm from Europe, have 3 Grandmasters, but Warmasters sounds a lot cooler than Samurai) deck?

PJ Tierney
Yu-Gi-Oh! Community Management Assistant - Konami Europe

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Official Site | Tournament Coverage | Contact Us!
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtierney2003 View Post
What do you think of Card Trooper in a Six Warmasters (I'm from Europe, have 3 Grandmasters, but Warmasters sounds a lot cooler than Samurai) deck?
Card Trooper is very nice to put in a Six Samurai but I haven't tried it yet since I can't afford Card Trooper(too expensive like I said in my guide). it would be a great combo w/ Ultimate Last Stand to send alot of Six Samurai from deck to graveyard. I want to call them by Samurai since I am a big fan of Samurai since I was little. Guess everyone is entitled to their opinion!

anyways, It would be a great help if you guys posted some of your own Six Samurai decklist since mine are GrandmasterLESS & trooperless!!! hehehe

Last edited by Wslasher : 07-29-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
King Madness
Zombie~Plant Master

Nice lists! Good article!

Proud Member of Team Il Weed
Hero Town(Vets)
Hero Town
King Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #7
Overlap
Pojo Veteran

Very nice article. I wish you had covered the Gladiator's Assault Six Samurai, but that's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
They (Dragon Rulers) should've been Level 9. We'd only be dealing with space flowers and evil dragons, not planes and floating eyeballs.
Overlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlap View Post
Very nice article. I wish you had covered the Gladiator's Assault Six Samurai, but that's cool.
I would cover them if this thread reaches 500post or something(just like w/ MajinSageofDarkness) off course not counting SPAM!! Also, I would only write about them when I get the chance to finally use them. GLAS hasn't been release in the Philippines yet so I dont know how will it affect the current Six Samurai Deck since I haven't use them or seen them in used yet.

On to topic, has anyone tried to make a backs to the wall deck?? I want to collect some data so that could make a new build.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
Myrokin
Mog of War

Location: The land of chaos, riding a Sacred Crane alongside Marauding captain. Better known as Las Vegas.

Personally, I'd love to see another one of these come out when GLAS is released, and the Samurai get all their new, ridiculous support cards.

Good job, man, keep it coming.

Tournament Reports - Kevin loses to EEV
Myrokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #10
E-Hero Master79
#1 DM Fan

Excellent article, man. I've tried a Six Samurai deck myself for a few months and it worked out pretty good.

Normally it wouldn't do very good in extended matches but if it got that god opening hand it was hard to stop.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
altanonymous
Duel me on AIM!

IMO, using 3 yaichi is a bad idea. the monster is too weak to support the field in any way exept taking out a s/t from the back and then being the first to kick the bucket.2 is much better, because then it's less likely tobe a dead card.

remember, the weakness of the six samurai is they are normal mosnters when another isnt in play, so i think the best way to play them is to take advantage of ROTA and use less six samurai.

2nd. Division Blood Soldier of Team Infection
altanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
expo_ken

I liked your guide, it was very informative. heres the build thats been dominating most of the locals around here.

-Monsters-

Shien x2
Grandmaster x3
Cyber Dragon x3

Zanji x2
Irou x3
Kamon x1
Yaichi x3
Exiled x2
Morphing Jar x1
Trooper x2

-Spells-

Smashing x2
Warrior Returning Alive x2
Reinforcements x2
MST
Premature
Avarice
Snatch
Swords
Heavy

-Traps-

Threatening x3
Mirror Force
Call
Ring
Backs To The Wall x1

41 cards...... 22 monsters 12 spells 7 traps.

this build has won more than its fair share of tournaments. I dont know if its Jump material but it is quite effective.
expo_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #13
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by altanonymous View Post
IMO, using 3 yaichi is a bad idea. the monster is too weak to support the field in any way exept taking out a s/t from the back and then being the first to kick the bucket.2 is much better, because then it's less likely tobe a dead card.

remember, the weakness of the six samurai is they are normal mosnters when another isnt in play, so i think the best way to play them is to take advantage of ROTA and use less six samurai.
Yeah, I stated that when I reviewed Yaichi. Here's a way to use excess Yaichi. Let say he's already on my field then I summon Irou. I destroy 1 face-down spell/trap in opponent's field & I switch Yaichi to defense. If let say Irou hits Mirror Force, Yaichi could save Irou from being destroyed. Your not after Yaichi for his attack power, in fact, he can't even attack if you use his effect. Your after his "Breaker Ability" the one of the reasons why Breaker got banned in the first place.

But I can hear what your saying that 3 Yaichi is something you want to avoid. Especially when you draw 2-3 Yaichi in your opening hand. A strategy of mine if this happens is to put one copy of him in attack mode & set either bluff & a real trap like Sakuretsu. Opponent sometimes thing you want him to bump into Mirror or Torrential, so he just place a face-down monster. & if by chance you draw Irou, then you owned the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expo_ken View Post
I liked your guide, it was very informative. heres the build thats been dominating most of the locals around here.

-Monsters-

Shien x2
Grandmaster x3
Cyber Dragon x3

Zanji x2
Irou x3
Kamon x1
Yaichi x3
Exiled x2
Morphing Jar x1
Trooper x2

-Spells-

Smashing x2
Warrior Returning Alive x2
Reinforcements x2
MST
Premature
Avarice
Snatch
Swords
Heavy

-Traps-

Threatening x3
Mirror Force
Call
Ring
Backs To The Wall x1

41 cards...... 22 monsters 12 spells 7 traps.

this build has won more than its fair share of tournaments. I dont know if its Jump material but it is quite effective.
I see the strategy here. Usign trooper to dump Six Samurai to the Graveyard for Backs to Wall OTK. This is a deck that I would love to try out for myself. I dont see any flaw in it only that if you manage to discard Backs to the Wall w/ Trooper. The only changes that I would recommed are:

-1 Threatening
+1 Mirror Foce
Old 07-30-2007, 03:38 AM   #14
PJ
That coverage guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wslasher View Post
Card Trooper is very nice to put in a Six Samurai but I haven't tried it yet since I can't afford Card Trooper(too expensive like I said in my guide). it would be a great combo w/ Ultimate Last Stand to send alot of Six Samurai from deck to graveyard. I want to call them by Samurai since I am a big fan of Samurai since I was little. Guess everyone is entitled to their opinion!

anyways, It would be a great help if you guys posted some of your own Six Samurai decklist since mine are GrandmasterLESS & trooperless!!! hehehe
Proxy them and try it out..

PJ Tierney

Old 07-30-2007, 04:12 AM   #15
ryu991
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by altanonymous View Post

Blanket statements are never good. using 3 yaichi depends on the build.

If you are using 3 copies of reasoning then running 3 yaichi is terrific. My build uses

4 lv 3's
6 lv 4's
5 lv 5's
2 lv 7's

3 of those 4 lv 3's are yaichi, with numbers like that it makes it impossible to call reasoning correctly with any consistency.

Also I think you underestimate how good yaichi really is. He comes on the field and destroys a set s/t(much like breaker). Than your opponent has to get rid of him. You should be running some protection(shrinks, sakuretsu etc) as well as the samurais built in protection, can make it very hard for them to take yaichi down that turn.

At that point they have to either:
A) leave thier row clear to avoid a -1 from yaichi

b) set multiple cards in the back row, hoping you dont hit the right one and leaving themselves wide open to heavy storm

c) set a bluff, lose a card

Yaichi is extremely deadly, he promotes huge swings and generates advantage every turn hes on the field.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Proxy them and try it out..

Problem with that is if he likes it they will still be too expensive.

Generally when I build decks I ignore the fact that trooper exists because I will never get them(at least until they are reprinted).

On the topic of trooper samurai, Its good. i tested it out some time ago and it worked well. Currently I'm running a reasoning based build without troopers, but really if I had 3 troopers I would find room to put them in my deck.

Last edited by ryu991 : 07-30-2007 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ryu991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #16
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein FTW View Post
all the deks r bad except Lai's build
I see no evidence to support this fact. I'd suggest ignoring this person until he gives arguments and learns to spell.

In my personal opinion, a Six Samurai deck should probably aim to have 3 Grandmasters before it starts adding Cyber Dragons, as the Grandmasters do everything CD does and a whole lot more in the deck, and Grandmaster and CD are both expensive in today's game.

Given the amazing support available to Six Samurai and Warriors in general, this archetype may be the first one to become truly competitive in the near future. At the moment, though, America lacks some of the power cards GLAS added to the theme, so they'll still have trouble against Monarchs and Brain Controls.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
BlackDragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #17
Rakath
GamerChu King!

Personally I found the greatest assest of Rokubushuu decks is the complete rejection of the Tribute Mechanic. And while Mask of Restrict is a slow target card, it does wonders to a Monarch heavy enviroment. Excluding the use of Rokubushuu no Kotowari and the occasional use of Exiled Force, Samurais can get away with never tributing at all. Which is a very dangerous thing to throw at your opponent.

Brawl - "Goggle Pikachu", "Royal Ike", "Forest Marth", and "White Trainer" Mains
Goggle headed rulings junkie, pretty boy, and FFIX fan.
Rakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:45 PM   #18
strike42
Fight the powah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakath View Post
Personally I found the greatest assest of Rokubushuu decks is the complete rejection of the Tribute Mechanic. And while Mask of Restrict is a slow target card, it does wonders to a Monarch heavy enviroment. Excluding the use of Rokubushuu no Kotowari and the occasional use of Exiled Force, Samurais can get away with never tributing at all. Which is a very dangerous thing to throw at your opponent.
i use mask in my deck and it does wonders. though u do have to watch out for mst and heavy.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #19
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakath View Post
Mas kof Restrict is great Sideboard for Six Samurai. it really comes in handy for hose heavy monarch users. but just as strike42 said, MST & Heavy Storm will take them out. But what I like to do is to negate those said cards w/ Solemn Judgment.

Also, I' conducting a survey w/c are the best Sideboard cards for Six Samurai decks. There's what I have so far:

2 - Mask of Restrict
3 - Trapdust Shoot
1 - Mind Crush
2 - Royal Decree
1 - Six Samurai - Kamon
Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #20
strike42
Fight the powah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wslasher View Post
Mas kof Restrict is great Sideboard for Six Samurai. it really comes in handy for hose heavy monarch users. but just as strike42 said, MST & Heavy Storm will take them out. But what I like to do is to negate those said cards w/ Solemn Judgment.

Also, I' conducting a survey w/c are the best Sideboard cards for Six Samurai decks. There's what I have so far:

2 - Mask of Restrict
3 - Trapdust Shoot
1 - Mind Crush
2 - Royal Decree
1 - Six Samurai - Kamon
i would main deck the mask of restricts, but that depens what the most popular deck around your meta is.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 AM   #21
PJ
That coverage guy!

I'm running a Trooper/Reasoning build with 3 Mask of restricts at the moment, and it's going along okay. Still a little inconsistent though.

PJ Tierney

Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #22
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
I'm running a Trooper/Reasoning build with 3 Mask of restricts at the moment, and it's going along okay. Still a little inconsistent though.
could you post your decklist? It's not that I want to netdeck it, I want to gather data for my next Six Samurai deck w/c I will also post here.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 AM   #23
PJ
That coverage guy!

Samurai Showdown - Deck Fix - 40 cards

Six Samurai – 40 Cards

Monsters – 20
3 Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
3 Card Trooper
3 The Six Samurai - Irou
3 The Six Samurai - Yaichi
2 Cyber Dragon
2 The Six Samurai - Zanji
2 Great Shogun Shien
1 Morphing Jar
1 Sangan

Spells – 13
3 The Warrior Returning Alive
3 Reasoning
2 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Snatch Steal
1 Premature Burial

Traps – 7
3 Mask of Restrict
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Sakuretsu Armour
1 Mirror Force
1 Ring of Destruction

It's something like that, can't remember it accurately enough..

PJ Tierney

Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #24
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Samurai Showdown - Deck Fix - 40 cards

Six Samurai – 40 Cards

Monsters – 20
3 Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
3 Card Trooper
3 The Six Samurai - Irou
3 The Six Samurai - Yaichi
2 Cyber Dragon
2 The Six Samurai - Zanji
2 Great Shogun Shien
1 Morphing Jar
1 Sangan

Spells – 13
3 The Warrior Returning Alive
3 Reasoning
2 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Snatch Steal
1 Premature Burial

Traps – 7
3 Mask of Restrict
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Sakuretsu Armour
1 Mirror Force
1 Ring of Destruction

It's something like that, can't remember it accurately enough..
Sweat deck, but I do have some recomendations:

-1 Sanggan
-1 The Warrior Returning Alive

+1 Cyber Dragon
+1 Smashing Grounds/Fissure/Lightning Vortex

IMO, you dont need Sanggan anymore, you already have 3 Trooper w/c is good enough to thin you deck. replace 1 TWRA w/ 1 removal like smash, you never know when you'll need it.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #25
PJ
That coverage guy!

Makes sense. This deck could do with Double Summon after the TAEV Sneak Peek (I won't be running this deck in a torunament until September at the earliest)

PJ Tierney