Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default July 30 - Wicked Eraser - JUMP-EN016

Card Name: Wicked Eraser
Car Number: JUMP-EN016

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.67
Advanced: 2.50

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

Here we have a wicked beast. He is very powerful, having a Demise like effect of "blowing up the world" and all if he gets DESTROYED. Your opponent will wait for Raiza ro someway to tribute this behemoth off, or risk getting their field wiped.

It's not like he's low on ATK either. He gets 1000 per card on your opponent's side of the field! He is excellent against Crystal Beasts and could be a tech card against them. He could also be used as an easy Metamorphosis into Cyber End Dragon.

He does take up a normal summon and is powerful, but as close to a God Card as we'll get, at least until Dreadroute...

Traditional-2/5 (not as easy as Chaos, but he's Dark and could be an alternate win)

Advanced-4/5 ( I can't really see a way to use this card well, but someone will)

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road

The Wicked Eraser
Dark/Fiend/Effect
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the number of cards your opponent controls x 1000. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, destroy all cards on the field. During your Main Phase, you can destroy this card.
ATK/? DEF/?

This is the first "Wicked God" card of three printed for us to use. The Wicked Eraser is a huge monster that needs 3 tribute to get on the field. Chances are you are playing Nimble Momonga or Giant Germs to make it easier to have the tributes to summon the Eraser. It has 10 stars so if you don't feel like using it's effect you can Metamorphosis him into a Cyber End Dragon for a 4000 ATK trampler.

This card cannot be Special Summoned by effects of Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, Reasoning or etc. In today's game most monsters need to be special summoned for quick and huge amounts of damage. For the time it will take you to Normal Summon the Eraser your opponent could have already summoned a monarch or set a bunch of monsters that have flip effects or destroyed and sent to the graveyard effects.

Depending on how many cards are on your opponent's side of the field depends on how strong this card will be. If they have a little amount then you can push with other cards in your hand. If they have 4 or more you can activate its "destroy during your Main Phase" effect to gain advantage from the monsters you tributed. This combos well with Dark Coffin brcause when everything is destroyed there is no choice other than the discard a card from the opponent's hand effect.

I can see this card being played in Hobby Leagues or in casual play, but it won't go far in regional tournaments.

Traditional: 2/5 - It clears the field for Yata and its Dark for Chaos Emeror Dragon.
Advanced: 2.5/5 - Tributing 3 monsters + destroying everything is only good if you get to destroy the equal amount of cards you lost for him.
Art: 3.5/5 - Its like a Dark Version of Serpent Night Dragon.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

The Wicked Eraser
Level 10
Dark
[Fiend/Effect]
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the number of cards your opponent controls x 1000. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, destroy all cards on the field. During your Main Phase, you can destroy this card.
?/?

Here is the start of the Wicked Gods in the TCG. We see like most of the other Gods of the game (even though you can't use the other ones) that you have to offer 3 monsters to bring him out. That can really be a problem at times and in this format, you won't always have so many monsters to give up or be able to take away to offer the 3 monsters. 3 monsters is a lot and it's to just Normal Summon it. It will take a lot of defense and setup to get this card off consistently. Also, even though it can't be Special Summoned, it's still a good card overall, the fact that you can destroy everything on the field with this card in your main phase or when it's destroyed is really nice as well. Though it is vulnerable to Raiza the Storm Monarch, but more than other monsters and you need 3 monsters to bring it out again. This card is also a gamble because for it to be really strong you need your opponent to have a lot of cards on the field, so it's not only dependent on what you play, but also your opponent. Though it being a Level 10 Monster, you can see this card be Metamorphosised away for Cyber End Dragon. So there is really good ways to use this card, but also you have to be careful when using it. Be aware of what cards your opponent has played like Torrential Tribute or Mirror Force.

Traditional: 1/5 - It may be Dark, but it isn't that good for this format.
Advanced: 2/5 - If you are able to bring this out, then it can be good, but it's more beneficial to use it with Metamorphosis.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 07-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
turkeyspit
Feral Mod

turkeyspit is on a distinguished road

If I tribute 3 Monsters for Gilford the Lightning, I can destroy all monsters on my opponent's side of the field.

If I tribute 3 Monsters to Special Summon Destiny Hero Dogma, during my opponent's next Standby Phase, they lose half their Life Points.

If I tribute 3 Monsters for Wicked Eraser...it gets 1000 ATK points for every card my opponent controls, or I can tribute it to destroy every card on the field.

Huh?

Most competitive duelists would stop reading once they see they need 3 Tribute Monsters, but even so, the effect of Eraser is hardly worth the investment, especially considering it's best effect comes when you nuke him (and the field). Sure, if he is destroyed by an opponent's effect, you will reward him by destroying every card on the field, but unless you are playing against a really bad player, it's doubtful that they will have 4 cards on the field to even out the cost of playing Eraser.

In casual play, this card could be fun, but I wouldn't bring it to a tournament anytime soon.

---------------------------
Traditional:
1/5 - Just use Emperor Dragon

Advanced:
1/5 - Not viable for Tournament Play.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rules Knowledge: Level 2
Player Management: Level 2
World of Warcraft Rules Knowledge: Level 1

Turkey's Tokens

Quote:
"Those who cannot Judge, play!"