Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default August 3 - Over Destiny - DP05-EN021

Over Destiny
Card #: DP05-EN021
Type: Normal Spell
Text: Choose 1 "Destiny-Hero" monster from your grave. Special Summon on Monster with "Destiny-Hero" in its name with level half of the selected monster from your deck. The monster special summoned by this effect is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.
Rarity: Super Rare

Average Card Ratings:

Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 1.25
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

Well, Destiny Heroes do seem to belong in the Graveyard so the fact that the monster you initially target must be in the graveyard is a plus.

I can't find an official ruling as to whether or not the monster you get from the deck has to be EXACTLY half the level of the selected graveyard monster.

If we consider that it doesn't have to be exactly half, let's analyze this. Of all the Destiny Heros out there, we only tend to see Malicious, Diamond Dude, Dasher, and Disk Commander. The only card that can be special summoned by Over Destiny is Disk Commander, but that's hardly worth it. You won't get to draw for it's effect, it has horrible stats in terms of attacking, and it gets destroyed at the end of the turn. It's true that it will be in the graveyard for use later in the game, but I hardly see it as worth it.

Save the Disk Commanders in your deck for the Destiny Draw you drew after using up your Malcious. Simple as that.

Traditional: 1/5
Advanced: 2/5
Art: 3.5/5

See ya all next week!

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 07-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

Well a card I was excited about, but flopped when I realized how useless it was. I would have to say if it was from the grave, this would be a good card, but as it is I think that D-Counter is far more useful.

Traditional-1/5
Advanced-1/5

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road

The highest level Destiny Hero monster we have right now is 8 so basically you can special summon any Destiny Hero 4 and lower. The best thing you could possibly get is Diamond Dude, but he'll get destroyed anyways. There haven't been any Top 8 Decks anywhere that play Dreadmaster or Dogma. The condition to play this card is hard and plus you lose the monster in the end phase, that's not good if your trying to make your opponent have less cards than you.

Tradional: 1/5
Advanced: 1/5
Art: 1.5/5 - I would have rather seen Dogma in the Picture.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Over Destiny
Normal Spell Card
Choose 1 "Destiny-Hero" monster from your grave. Special Summon on Monster with "Destiny-Hero" in its name with level half of the selected monster from your deck. The monster special summoned by this effect is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.

This was really a letdown of a card. Unless you play full on Destiny Heroes, then this card isn't really playable. If you are lucky to mill away a big monster like Dogma to the Graveyard, then u have a whole 4 stars to work with, sure there is Diamond Dude and you could flop a really nice spell, or even Disk Commander, but it's only useful if you have Call of the Haunted face down or even Premature Burial in hand. Other than that, the uses of this card are really limited.

Traditional: 1/5 just bad
Advanced: 1/5 Really limited on what you can get, and with that said, you really need the right cards to play around this card, like premature burial, etc.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16