Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default July 27 - COTD - Birthright - STON-EN057

Birthright
Card #: STON-EN057

Type: Continuous Trap
Text: Select 1 Normal Monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is removed from the field, destroy this card.
Rarity: Super Rare

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.50
Advanced: 3.00

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
Mr. Random
Has 782 Rescue Cat

Mr. Random is on a distinguished road

Birthright
Continuous Trap
Select 1 Normal Monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is removed from the field, destroy this card.

Birthright is the Normal Monster's Call of the Haunted. We could play this in threes and only one of Call of the Haunted. After your huge beatstick has just been sent to the grave by Cyber Dragon you can bring it back for a second chance. It has swarming capabilites. Play two at a time when you have an open shot at the opponent and you'll be far ahead on Life Points. There are only a few monsters I can only see being Special Summoned with this card are Gene-Warped Warworlf, Insect Knight and/or Neo Bug, or Metal Armoured Bug.

The Warwolf could be back for a forth of the opponent's Life Points or for Enraged Battle Ox to trample through a Spirit Reaper or Card Trooper.

Insect Knight or Neo Bug could be used in a Normal Insect Type deck or a really slow Demise, King of Armageddon Deck. Thats only if you haven't removed two insects from the grave to summon Doom Dozer already.

Also in a Demise deck, Metal Armoured Bug can come back to be Metamorphasised in a Cyber Twin Dragon or run over and monster the opponent has.

Normal Monsters are usully about attacks so bringing back the strongest thing is the only best thing to do in most situations. Normal Monsters have good support, but none yet to make it regional worthy. Eventually I could see a Normal Monster Premature Burial with some cost being like pay 100 Life Points times the stars of the monsters that is being special summoned.

Traditional: 1/5 - It has no chance here.
Advanced: 2.5/5
Art: 2/5
Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
GeneralZorpa

Location: On the Battlefield... Team: Team Bizarro......... Deck: Gravekeepers
GeneralZorpa is on a distinguished road

Hiyah everyone!

Pojo has been nice enough to instate me as a Yu-Gi-Oh! COTD reviewer as well as a Featured Writer. Imagine that.

Anyway, todays COTD is one of my least favorite traps. That is simply because I have too many of them. The card itself is rather brilliant. It is a melding of Call of the Haunted and Premature Burial, but only for Normal Monsters.

That means that that Blue Eyes that was sent to the grave is coming back for act 2. Well, mostly it would be used with the new Gemini monsters from TAEV. Specifically that Cthonian Emperor Dragon everyone has been talking about. It is not limited in any way, and combined with the TAEV support, someone will use this card in a deck at an SJC.

Traditional-1/5 (Normal Monsters begone!)
Advanced-3/5 (tons of support, so SOMEONE will break this card)
Art-2/5 (Spooky...?)

Featured Writer and Card of the Day Reviewer

5th Place South San Francisco Regionals 2007
Scrubbed 3 SJC's and Counting!
Qualified for Nationals 07
Creator of Outlandish Decks That Sometimes Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by why i luvz pojo
x-saber has too many searcher and recruiter to make it consistent.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
Lonely Wolf
Magic Dragon Mod

Lonely Wolf is on a distinguished road

This card works identically to Call of the Haunted, except that it can only revive normal monsters and it isn't limited. It can make for a great swarming rush of monsters. There are plenty of solid normal monsters from Summoned Skull to Gene Warped Warwolf.

There isn't much to say about this card. It belongs in a Normal monster deck. Your opponent will quickly find themselves overwhelmed if you build the deck correctly.

That's about it.

Traditional: 1.5/5 (Not much chance for Normal Monsters here)
Advanced: 4/5 (for a normal monster deck, which actually has good support)
Art: 4/5

Uber props to Tisi for the sig! Awesome man!!!
My SSBB Snapshots / My SSBB Youtube Page
Trade me Harpie Stuff
Old 07-26-2007, 07:16 AM   #5
turkeyspit
Feral Mod

turkeyspit is on a distinguished road

Normal Monsters have received tons of support recently; from Justi-Break to Advanced Ritual Art, to Birthright.

Essentially a Call of the Haunted for Normal Monsters only, Birthright provides a normal deck with 4 cards that can Special Summon a monster during your Battle Phase. Discarding a Blue Eyes White Dragon to pay the cost of Lightning Vortex or Snipe Hunter, only to revive it during the Battle Phase with Birthright can be game winning!

Why nobody has attempted to take Normal Monsters to a competitive level is beyond me.

---------------------------

Traditional:
3/5 - Since there are so many cards that can "dump" monsters to the Graveyard, Birthright could be of use, provided that you wanted to run some Normal Monsters. And hey, Blue Eyes White Dragon is LIGHT after all ^_^

Advanced:
3/5 - It would only work well in a Normal Monster deck, but given the support Normal Monsters have available to them, a few copies of Birthright could give you the edge you need to defeat your average Monarch deck.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rules Knowledge: Level 2
Player Management: Level 2
World of Warcraft Rules Knowledge: Level 1

Turkey's Tokens

Quote:
"Those who cannot Judge, play!"
Old 07-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #6
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Before I get to the COTD Review...WOOHOO Simpson's Movie is out Today!!!
Onto the review!

Birthright
Continuous Trap Card
Select 1 Normal Monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is removed from the field, destroy this card.

So here we see a Call of the Haunted for Normal Monsters. It seems to be a trend for Normal Monsters to have what are staples to other decks like Call of the Haunted and Mirror Force (Justi-Break for Normal Monsters). Let's look into what Normal Monsters have first off. They have Gene Warped Warwolf, Summoned Skull and many other big 1900 beatsticks. Another thing that many people overlook for Normal Monsters is that a lot of them are water monsters. Water monsters that are normal not only get a boost from A Legendary Ocean, but will get so much more support with these various cards that are made for Normal monsters. Birthright can be used really well depending on the situation, getting that extra normal monster is nice and with other cards like Non-Spellcasting Area and other cads jsut for Normal Decks, this card works better.

Traditional: 1/5 Normal is a no no here
Advanced:2.5/5 Water decks with ALO and just Normal decks are better with this.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16